PDA

View Full Version : To all those mailing lists in the world.

KodiaX987
Apr 20, 2009, 11:17 PM
If you fail even once to unsubscribe me, I will go to your home and fucking kill you.

Today's suspects:

POGO: Unsubscribing is flat out impossible.
MSN: Unsubscribing is impossible. If you block their address, they mail you with another one.
ALL FORUMS EVER: There is no way to block mass mails from the head administrator. Even if you have the option set the way you want in your control panel. Admins are free to spam me with their useless shit any day of the week.
WEGAME: Attempting to unsubscribe invariably results in an error message.

Three corporations and countless forum admins on the strike list so far. For your own safety, I encourage you not to be the next one.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 20, 2009, 11:35 PM
Use an email provider that has good spam filtering?

:D

Leviathan
Apr 21, 2009, 12:34 AM
Gmail knows what's up.
If only they had it for phones.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 21, 2009, 12:40 AM
I get Gmail on my googlephone.

Or do you mean you wish Gmail could filter telemarketers?

Leviathan
Apr 21, 2009, 12:44 AM
Just to phone service. However, Verizon is a terrible thing and doesn't believe in SIM cards.
Gmail filters well. I approve. :wacko:

Inazuma
Apr 21, 2009, 01:28 AM
i hate telemarketers and email/snail mail spammers so much you have no idea.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 21, 2009, 01:49 AM
And that's boys and girls, your lesson for today: Use G-mail.

Nothing else really matters.

Volcompat321
Apr 21, 2009, 06:33 AM
aol mail is pretty good too... i get only things i list to come in..everything else is blocked by spam services...tho, ive been with AOL for like 9 years lol...used to be horrible with spam, but now i got 0!

and once i threatened a person on the phone, to stop calling my cell phone, cause i sleep during the day, activities at night...so i sleep on prime phone spam time...so i yelled at them, and said id kill them if they didnt take me off their calling list....they hung up on me...lol...but so far i havent gotten any retard calls from anyone.

Vanzazikon
Apr 21, 2009, 11:18 AM
and once i threatened a person on the phone, to stop calling my cell phone, cause i sleep during the day, activities at night...so i sleep on prime phone spam time...so i yelled at them, and said id kill them if they didnt take me off their calling list....they hung up on me...lol...but so far i havent gotten any retard calls from anyone.Y'know, I should try that sometimes. Yeah, I've been getting annoying phone calls from life insurance agencies. It's so morbid! ;___;

@Kodia: ..... >>;; *Contact life insurance companies*

Inazuma
Apr 21, 2009, 02:24 PM
aol mail is pretty good too... i get only things i list to come in..everything else is blocked by spam services...tho, ive been with AOL for like 9 years lol...used to be horrible with spam, but now i got 0!

and once i threatened a person on the phone, to stop calling my cell phone, cause i sleep during the day, activities at night...so i sleep on prime phone spam time...so i yelled at them, and said id kill them if they didnt take me off their calling list....they hung up on me...lol...but so far i havent gotten any retard calls from anyone.

thats not a good idea. isnt threatening to kill people against the law? the absolute best way to handle a telemarketer is to waste as much of their time as possible. get a live person on the phone, tell them you are interested and try keep em on the phone for as long as you can.

i remember one time i kept a telemarketer on the line for 30 mins. at the end i came clean w/ him and told him i was wasting his time on purpose. he totally exploded w/ anger and was cussing at me and everything. it was awesome. it felt great b/c i did my part to help rid this world of telemarketing.

if i dont have spare time to waste, i do something else. i will ask the telemarketer what his company name is, and have him spell it for me. then i confirm the date and time w/ him, say "ok thank you" and hang up. hopefully it will scare them enough to know not to mess w/ me again.

Outrider
Apr 21, 2009, 03:15 PM
it felt great b/c i did my part to help rid this world of telemarketing.

What?

hopefully it will scare them enough to know not to mess w/ me again.

What?

Leviathan
Apr 21, 2009, 03:18 PM
Double what?

Threatening people is against the law. But seriously, grow up about it. I know you hate it but to go as far as to threaten someone is just pushing it.

CupOfCoffee
Apr 21, 2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah. Telemarketers know they have a shit job, and I guarantee you they aren't any more happy about calling than you are about answering. I don't really get unsolicited calls since my apartment doesn't even have a land line, but I try never to be rude to them because I know how sucky it is to have to deal with customers that aren't happy with you or your service.

Spam email, on the other hand, drives me nuts.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Apr 21, 2009, 04:29 PM
Don't get much spam on Yahoo. =^.^=

Inazuma
Apr 21, 2009, 05:02 PM
What?
What?

go learn english and then hopefully you will be able to understand my post. if you are trying to argue w/ me over something i said, it would be nice if you could give me a little more to work with.

Kent
Apr 21, 2009, 05:04 PM
Double what?
In the butt.

Threatening people is against the law. But seriously, grow up about it. I know you hate it but to go as far as to threaten someone is just pushing it.
I'm sure it was just hyperbole.

...I hope.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 21, 2009, 05:33 PM
You're a horrible troll Inazuma, both on here and IRL.

I once found out the people calling me were part of a scam. Conversation went like this:

"Hello, your second warranty is about to expire, we'd like to help you renew it."
"I haven't even had a first warranty, let alone a car."
"Oh, I'm sorry uh-"
"The FBI will be at your house shortly, have a nice day."
"NO WAIT SIR-"

They more than likely didn't go to whoever that was, but I know I scared him shitless.

Leviathan
Apr 21, 2009, 09:21 PM
In the butt.

I'm sure it was just hyperbole.

...I hope.

You forgot who we're talking to. .-.

Outrider
Apr 22, 2009, 11:16 AM
go learn english and then hopefully you will be able to understand my post. if you are trying to argue w/ me over something i said, it would be nice if you could give me a little more to work with.

My point being that you did neither of those things, because we don't live in an anime.

Ah, but whatever, you're delusional enough to think you somehow taught those telemarketers a lesson. So, I'd rather just quote Kodiax:

Mistaking one's sarcasm for lack of knowledge in the English language... it cannot fail! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2295871&postcount=15)

I say: lol, no.

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
So just because one person can't make much of a difference, you shouldn't even bother trying to change something? That's a very negative way to look at things. If more people tried to waste telemarketers time, they would eventually stop doing it because it wouldn't be profitable. I will continue to do my part to help this world, even if I'm only one person.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 22, 2009, 11:53 AM
I don't see how telemarketing is profitable in the first place, since everyone I know and talk to hates telemarketers...

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2009, 12:01 PM
That's true but what would happen if someone admitted to actually buying from a telemarketer? They don't want to get their ass kicked, so they stay quiet about it.

Outrider
Apr 22, 2009, 12:03 PM
I will continue to do my part to help this world, even if I'm only one person.

See, it's this pseudo-epic crap that makes nobody take you seriously.

You're not "helping the world" in any way. You're not curing a disease or stopping world hunger. You're bothering telemarketers.

(And in reference to the other quote from you - you're not scaring telemarketers by asking them for useless information.)

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2009, 12:14 PM
See, it's this pseudo-epic crap that makes nobody take you seriously.

You're not "helping the world" in any way. You're not curing a disease or stopping world hunger. You're bothering telemarketers.

(And in reference to the other quote from you - you're not scaring telemarketers by asking them for useless information.)

What would happen if many people took my approach and tried to waste telemarketers time?

Outrider
Apr 22, 2009, 12:17 PM
What would happen if many people took my approach and tried to waste telemarketers time?

Lots of people would end up wasting their time when it would probably be easier to outright ban telemarketing than try taking it down one telemarketer at a time.

Sometimes you have to understand that you and your actions aren't that important in the grand scheme of things.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 22, 2009, 12:19 PM
Most telemarketers would continue their jobs, because it's sometimes hard to get one, regardless of how annoying it is. Some money is better than no money at all.

And as Outrider pointed out, taking out one firm at time is pointless, as it would be replaced sooner or later by something else. Maybe even worse.

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2009, 12:32 PM
If many people wasted telemarketers' time, it would become unprofitable for them and they would stop. Wasting our own time is a small price to pay when you consider all the time that telemarketers waste. I may only be one person, but at least I'm trying.

I don't like how so many DVDs have unskipable trailers at the beginning, so I stopped buying DVDs. Of course one person won't make a difference but it's better than nothing. I also don't think its right to pay to watch ads, so I don't pay for cable TV or go to the movies.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 22, 2009, 12:36 PM
If many people wasted telemarketers' time, it would become unprofitable for them and they would stop. Wasting our own time is a small price to pay when you consider all the time that telemarketers waste. I may only be one person, but at least I'm trying.

Actually, some people need to do important stuff, and can't waste time.

It would very lame if patient died, because doctor was spending time on the phone, next room wasting telemarketer's time.

I don't know what are you trying to do, but playing a self-righteous martyr won't save the world, or encourage people to follow your way.

Outrider
Apr 22, 2009, 12:47 PM

I don't like how so many DVDs have unskipable trailers at the beginning, so I stopped buying DVDs. Of course one person won't make a difference but it's better than nothing. I also don't think its right to pay to watch ads, so I don't pay for cable TV or go to the movies.

Again - that's an incredibly inefficient way to "beat" telemarketers. You're not one person taking on telemarketing. You're one person trying to bother one telemarketer enough that it will effect one manager enough that it will effect one call center enough that it will effect one regional manager enough that it will effect one telemarketing firm, and so on and so forth.

As for your bizarre crusade against published media - are you writing letters to the offending parties? Are you calling them and lodging complaints? Because otherwise, their loss of one sale means absolutely nothing to them. They have no way to categorize it or solve any perceived issue.

I mean, that's schoolyard logic. It's devoid of any sort of intelligent thought at all.

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2009, 12:52 PM
Actually, some people need to do important stuff, and can't waste time.

It would very lame if patient died, because doctor was spending time on the phone, next room wasting telemarketer's time.

I don't know what are you trying to do, but playing a self-righteous martyr won't save the world, or encourage people to follow your way.

I don't think wasting time is good either. That's the whole reason I do it. It's like investing money in real estate. You could say I'm wasting money, which is true initially but hopefully I would end up with more money in the end.

You must hate to see any kind of protest then. It looks like they are wasting their time walking up and down the street holding signs, but if they succeed, it would have been worth it to them. If everyone shared your viewpoint, we would still have slavery and women wouldn't be allowed to vote.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 22, 2009, 12:57 PM
Actually, going to a rally, or even sacking a telemarketing company Headquarters, is not actually wasting time as you've done something people will notice.

If you silently keep wasting your time, with one telemarketer at time, it won't achieve anything. For starters, who will notice it? You and the guy on the other side of the phone.

It's generally hard to move world by yourself. And even if, such people usually got help. Only that person got credit though.

And frankly, speaking a long time to a guy might piss him off, but next day he'll be back to normal. And go back to his job.

Outrider
Apr 22, 2009, 01:16 PM
It's like investing money in real estate.

Your example of investing money in real estate isn't quite right. Your solution to telemarketing is like buying a spoonful of dirt every year and saying you're investing in real estate.

Actually, going to a rally, or even sacking a telemarketing company Headquarters, is not actually wasting time as you've done something people will notice.

That's an excellent example. Giving an individual telemarketer a hard time does nothing. Setting up a protest or rally actually does something. It informs people of your cause and draws attention to it. It helps recruits additional help.

You're taking the idea of "one person can make a difference" far too literally. It's always that one person makes a difference by rallying others in some way, not that some guy sitting in a basement can alter the world by sheer force of will.

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2009, 01:18 PM

If you silently keep wasting your time, with one telemarketer at time, it won't achieve anything. For starters, who will notice it? You and the guy on the other side of the phone.

It's generally hard to move world by yourself. And even if, such people usually got help. Only that person got credit though.

And frankly, speaking a long time to a guy might piss him off, but next day he'll be back to normal. And go back to his job.

I don't disagree with you. I know its small and not likely to make much difference. However, that telemarketer is unable to get sales from other people when he is talking to me. I know I could go out there and organize some big rally against them but I don't want to put forth all that time and effort. When I waste telemarketers' time on the phone, I'm doing other things like working or playing games during it. Also, I put them on hold very often.

The time I kept one on the line for 30 minutes went something like this:
Inazuma - "I want to buy but I need to go find my credit card. Can you hold please?"
Telemarketer - "Sure!"
*5 minutes pass*
Inazuma - "You still there? I am having trouble finding my credit card because I am actually blind. Let me go find my mother to help me find the credit card. Hold on please."
Telemarketer - "Sure!"
*10 minutes pass*
Inazuma - "Uh, I forgot that I don't actually have a credit card. Oh, but I know someone who does. Let me go find them. Hold please."
Telemarketer - "Sure!"

Aorre
Apr 22, 2009, 02:44 PM
Putting them on hold is great because you're giving them false hope. Of course they think they're going to make a sale, so they'll hold on for a lot longer than ten minutes. :p

KodiaX987
Apr 22, 2009, 03:23 PM
Derailment detected. GTFO my thread.

Tessu
Apr 22, 2009, 06:10 PM
I once played on a very large Ragnarok Online server.

Then, I stopped playing. Within 2 weeks of me quitting, I was getting e-mails from the guy who runs it titled "Tessu, come back!" and the e-mail talking about how the server misses me and I should return to the great community.

And I received one the next day. And the next. And the next. Blocking the e-mail address and marking it as spam actually didn't do anything. (I use Gmail.) I also found my hotmail address flooded with e-mails too. Upon looking at the forums, I found out I'd gotten the best of it and some people were receiving 12 e-mails in a single day.

They eventually stopped. It was more amusing than it was annoying, though, to be honest.

As for snail-mail the only thing we subscribe to that pertains to me is National Geographic and I would never want to unsubscribe from that. ::::3

Sayara
Apr 22, 2009, 06:18 PM
TM: "Hello, can we speak with $$$$ please?
$$$$ "Oh no sorry we're all dead." CLICK

Vanzazikon
Apr 22, 2009, 11:16 PM
Speaking of Telemarketer nonsense, don't you hate when ads use your friend's account to spam advertisement in your IM programs? That annoys me A LOT.

DreXxiN
Apr 23, 2009, 03:53 AM
Lol Jesus, always Kodia and the killing of people as viable solutions.