PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lumira / Spread and Har / Smart.

Dymalos
Apr 21, 2009, 10:10 AM
I ran a search on "Lumira" and found someone in a thread about Giresta stating that Lumira / Spread had no effect on Buffs/Debuffs/Resta whatsoever. Is this correct? And conversely, if that is true than does Har / Smart not actually reduce the range of Buffs/Debuffs and Resta?

Astarin
Apr 21, 2009, 10:44 AM
That is correct; there's no effect on any healing or support technics. Any items that affect technic range only affect the basic technics (Foie, Barta, Zonde, Diga, Megid) and Ra- series technics. Period.

Dymalos
Apr 21, 2009, 01:09 PM
So if I completely forego attack technics altogether on my Beast Acrotecher, then Har / Smart is the head slot of choice?

PACHI
Apr 21, 2009, 01:57 PM
So if I completely forego attack technics altogether on my Beast Acrotecher, then Har / Smart is the head slot of choice?

Yes. kinda...

Dymalos
Apr 21, 2009, 03:48 PM
That seemed like a somewhat reluctant endorsement. But thanks a ton for the reply anyway. You too, Astarin.

stukasa
Apr 21, 2009, 03:56 PM
That seemed like a somewhat reluctant endorsement. But thanks a ton for the reply anyway. You too, Astarin.
Har / Smart is a lot more expensive and rare than Har / Quick, but if you already have a Har / Smart then yes it would be better. Just keep in mind that TP doesn't affect buffs/debuffs/Reverser so it would really only benefit healing techs like Resta that are TP-dependent.

Dymalos
Apr 21, 2009, 04:10 PM
Is the initial heal of Giresta or the amount that someone returns with after being ressurected by it also dependent on TP?

stukasa
Apr 21, 2009, 04:18 PM
I think the initial heal is dependent on TP but I don't know about being revived, it might be a set percentage. I'm not really sure! ^^;

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 21, 2009, 04:39 PM
Is the initial heal of Giresta or the amount that someone returns with after being ressurected by it also dependent on TP?

If you have to revive someone with Giresta you need to find a new party. Seriously, running out or not having Scape Dolls for a mission is a major sign of a n00b in PSU, at least in this version.

As for your question, the TP matters for the initial heal of Giresta, but does not affect the amount that the revived player gets. And for the record, Giresta is a buff so please use Resta to heal as it will not reset Giresta's buffer.

Dymalos
Apr 21, 2009, 07:47 PM
Heh, I tend to leave the scapes in my p.m. when I'm just doing runs with my good friends and they do the same. Personally, I find that I play alot better without my scapes, it's psychological I'm sure. I know enough to bring em for random pick up groups though.

Also, having just leveled my Giresta to 41, I know not to interfere with the magic that is the Giresta healing bank. Thanks for giving me the specifics on TP.

Genoa
Apr 21, 2009, 10:46 PM
A Cast with Har/Quick can fully heal most characters anyways, EVEN as Masterforce with Lv.10 Support.
At higher levels, that -100 TP isn't very noticeable nor is it really an issue. However, using 31+ techniques have extremely far range (more specifically Ra techs)
In some areas, it's actually quite annoying how far Ra-techs will launch because you might end up over-shotting many targets if they move slightly out of your linear-ranged cast. Some people prefer Har/Smart BECAUSE of the Range reduction (which I'd have to agree with for some areas with fast enemies in small rooms).

And please.... PLEASE don't use Giresta for healing.
Giresta's redeeming quality is it's buff.
Giresta's Auto-HP recover:
1-10: 1% HP every 4 seconds for 4 minutes
11-20: 2% HP every 5 seconds for 4 minutes
21-40: 3% HP every 6 seconds for 4 minutes
41-50: 4% HP every 7 seconds for 4 minutes
Every time you cast Giresta, you RESET the HP that is stocked up and it starts over for 4 minutes.
As for a heal, it sucks... it doesn't heal as much as Resta at respective levels, and it's Range his HORRIBLE in comparison to Resta's potential. It is also slower than Resta.
Did I mention it eats significantly more TP than Resta?
How many more reasons do I need to list to NOT use Giresta as a Heal > Resta?
Just dedicate a whole palette slot for Healing, not just one Wand or Madoog.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 22, 2009, 02:42 AM
A Cast with Har/Quick can fully heal most characters anyways, EVEN as Masterforce with Lv.10 Support.
At higher levels, that -100 TP isn't very noticeable nor is it really an issue. However, using 31+ techniques have extremely far range (more specifically Ra techs)
In some areas, it's actually quite annoying how far Ra-techs will launch because you might end up over-shotting many targets if they move slightly out of your linear-ranged cast. Some people prefer Har/Smart BECAUSE of the Range reduction (which I'd have to agree with for some areas with fast enemies in small rooms).

And please.... PLEASE don't use Giresta for healing.
Giresta's redeeming quality is it's buff.
1-10: 1% HP every 4 seconds for 4 minutes
11-20: 2% HP every 5 seconds for 4 minutes
21-40: 3% HP every 6 seconds for 4 minutes
41-50: 4% HP every 7 seconds for 4 minutes
Every time you cast Giresta, you RESET the HP that is stocked up and it starts over for 4 minutes.
As for a heal, it sucks... it doesn't heal as much as Resta at respective levels, and it's Range his HORRIBLE in comparison to Resta's potential. It is also slower than Resta.
Did I mention it eats significantly more TP than Resta?
How many more reasons do I need to list to NOT use Giresta as a Heal > Resta?
Just dedicate a whole palette slot for Healing, not just one Wand or Madoog.

Here are the correct stats for Giresta:

01-10: 1% HP every ~5 seconds for 2 minutes (all other buffs last for 2 minutes)
11-20: 2% HP every ~5 seconds for 3 minutes (all other buffs last for 3 minutes)
21-30: 3% HP every ~5 seconds for 4 minutes (all other buffs last for 4 minutes)
31-40: 3% HP every ~5 seconds for 5 minutes (all other buffs last for 5 minutes)
41-50: 4% HP every ~5 seconds for 5 minutes (all other buffs last for 6 minutes)

Genoa
Apr 22, 2009, 03:51 AM
Here are the correct stats for Giresta:

01-10: 1% HP every ~5 seconds for 2 minutes (all other buffs last for 2 minutes)
11-20: 2% HP every ~5 seconds for 3 minutes (all other buffs last for 3 minutes)
21-30: 3% HP every ~5 seconds for 4 minutes (all other buffs last for 4 minutes)
31-40: 3% HP every ~5 seconds for 5 minutes (all other buffs last for 5 minutes)
41-50: 4% HP every ~5 seconds for 5 minutes (all other buffs last for 6 minutes)

:o oh?
hmm, I'll have to change that in the guide I suppose. The data for my Giresta was submitted by Hrith.

stukasa
Apr 22, 2009, 10:17 AM
Some people prefer Har/Smart BECAUSE of the Range reduction (which I'd have to agree with for some areas with fast enemies in small rooms).
I'm also one of the people who prefers the range reduction on Ra-techs. :) It's easier to aim and you don't overshoot the enemies as much.

Dymalos
Apr 22, 2009, 11:27 AM
Alright I managed to pick up a Har / Smart. Now it's time to stop putting off grinding all of my buffs to level 41. On that note what exactly does a Buff gain from levels 42-50?

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 22, 2009, 12:26 PM
:o oh?
hmm, I'll have to change that in the guide I suppose. The data for my Giresta was submitted by Hrith.

Hrith thinks Giresta is worthless and doesn't use it. The best way to test the duration or tick % is to use the ice traps on White Beast. All you do is simply cast it, walk into the trap to take damage and note the % healed as compared to your own HP. As for duration, you simply time from when you cast it and then walk into the trap every minute to see if it is still active. The only difficult part about the test is having to switch types in order to reduce Giresta's level cap (MF=10; Force=20; GT,WT=30; FT=40; AT=50).

stukasa
Apr 22, 2009, 02:29 PM
Alright I managed to pick up a Har / Smart. Now it's time to stop putting off grinding all of my buffs to level 41. On that note what exactly does a Buff gain from levels 42-50?
Absolutely nothing, so don't bother leveling them past 41! After 41, just use them normally.

Dymalos
Apr 22, 2009, 02:39 PM
That seems like a bit of a design oversight, I would have expected them to at least gain a couple centimeters of range, or perhaps a decrease in PP cost in general from levels x2-x0. Ah well. I noticed Giresta leveled a lot faster than my other buff techs.

Shou
Apr 22, 2009, 03:06 PM
I was chewed out for lvling my buffs to 50 because I wanted all my techs to 50...

Yay random buff parties >_>;