PDA

View Full Version : Not getting full experince for killing enemy?

thechosenone
Apr 21, 2009, 10:45 AM
have noticed that on shred the darkness im getting far less exp than i should be for killing the enemies on the s2 mission. For killing a Badira im only getting 296 where according to psu-pedia i should be getting 592 does anyone know why?

Neith
Apr 21, 2009, 10:49 AM
You're suffering an EXP penalty. In PSU, if your character level is more than 30 levels below the monster, you get reduced EXP from them. The further the gap, the bigger the penalty. In other words, even though you can run S2 at Lv100, you'd get more EXP running S.

Astarin
Apr 21, 2009, 10:51 AM
What level are you? If you are more than 30 levels below the enemy level, you receive a significant EXP penalty. I don't know the exact modifiers, but the basic idea is that the game gives you an EXP penalty if you are too far below the monster levels, and a boost if you're above their levels.

thechosenone
Apr 21, 2009, 10:57 AM
thanks for the quick response. currentl at lvl 100 just now so will end up just sticking with s rank runs till im a higher level then.

Smidge204
Apr 21, 2009, 11:02 AM
What level are you? If you are more than 30 levels below the enemy level, you receive a significant EXP penalty. I don't know the exact modifiers, but the basic idea is that the game gives you an EXP penalty if you are too far below the monster levels, and a boost if you're above their levels.

I thought the EXP penalty ran "both ways" - that is, if you're more than 30 levels below or above the enemy's level, your EXP is reduced.

Another factor is if you're solo or not. If other players (including NPCs/Partner characters) deal a significant amount of damage to an enemy, your EXP is further reduced. I haven't done any actual testing but one or two hits is generally not enough - I'm going to guess that if you don't deal at least 40% or more of the enemy's total HP you won't get full EXP. Might also vary with party size. It definitely happens, though.
=Smidge=

beatrixkiddo
Apr 21, 2009, 11:06 AM
Another factor is if you're solo or not. If other players (including NPCs/Partner characters) deal a significant amount of damage to an enemy, your EXP is further reduced. I haven't done any actual testing but one or two hits is generally not enough - I'm going to guess that if you don't deal at least 40% or more of the enemy's total HP you won't get full EXP. Might also vary with party size. It definitely happens, though.
=Smidge=

No. What you're PROBABLY thinking of is the fact that whoever gets the final hit gets full EXP. Everyone else gets 2/3s EXP.