PDA

View Full Version : High % C rank VS low % S rank? O.o

elshagan
Apr 21, 2009, 04:52 PM
Well I play as a Fighgunner on my main, n I just synthed my twin flour bulbs I got from the 1up Plat cup back in 07 I think it was, anyways they came out 50% now... When I used em... I deal like 450 n up too 800 with just attacks or whatever... On S2 Roar of flames? Compared to my sweet death which is only 27% I deal 250-360 now... I got no idea how this works so yeah... My question is basically how come I hit for more with a C rank 50% ice wep compared to a S rank 27% ice wep??? Also the dmg I've said is against Badiras... <.<

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2009, 05:01 PM
All those flourescent bulbs came out 50%, btw.
Assuming both are ungrinded weapons, the bulbs will hit for more since the % is 33% higher. On fire enemies, that's great. On anything else? Prepare to suck.

elshagan
Apr 21, 2009, 05:07 PM
AAAAH well I didn't know they all came out 50% Lools, n yeah both are ungrinded... So I guess that's a good thing now then on Roar of flames lools...

Talise
Apr 21, 2009, 05:32 PM
you can't compare the damage of 1 hit of twin sabers to 1 hit of a doublesaber. Doublesaber hits more enemies(6 to be exact) than twin sabers. On 2 enemies, your average dmg is already higher than that of your twin fluros. Try comparing the damage of your PA's and see whether your twins are still better.

elshagan
Apr 21, 2009, 05:41 PM
Mmh... Well I was just interessting in the overall workings... Seeing as I rarely use melee unless neccessary... Specially on S2 O.o Suicide for me lools XD... But yeah I do see your point that it hits more enemies but 6? So far I've only managed to hit 3-4 at a time but it does 6 strikes on all of them so yeah... But oh, well on single enemies I can use the twin fluros to save PP for tornado dance on sweet death... Also excuse my... Continuous punctuation I understand it can be a bit... Annyoing to read but meh I'm lazy lools.

ShonagarACE
Apr 21, 2009, 05:43 PM
Or better yet, actually compare them to another set of twins haha.

This is why it's funny seeing all the Fighmasters running around with their 12% Gekitsnatas.

Zyrusticae
Apr 21, 2009, 06:24 PM
It's really rather simple math...

If you have a base ATP of 1500 (after class mod, naturally), and your S-rank weapon adds 500 while your C-rank adds 100, your C-rank is simply going to win out because what you're multiplying is the final ATP value, and not your weapon mod. So, naturally, +50% of 1600 damage vs. +20-whatever% of 2000 damage means that the former will win out every time. Assuming, of course, that the percentage value is accurate. (It's actually not - there's diminishing returns with higher values, though I don't know the specifics on that.)

Talise
Apr 21, 2009, 09:22 PM
Mmh... Well I was just interessting in the overall workings... Seeing as I rarely use melee unless neccessary... Specially on S2 O.o Suicide for me lools XD... But yeah I do see your point that it hits more enemies but 6? So far I've only managed to hit 3-4 at a time but it does 6 strikes on all of them so yeah... But oh, well on single enemies I can use the twin fluros to save PP for tornado dance on sweet death... Also excuse my... Continuous punctuation I understand it can be a bit... Annyoing to read but meh I'm lazy lools.

Well ya, doublesabers can hit 6 targets at a time, if you have that many around you. The PA's on the other hand, can't. As for that post about 50% of total ATP, I'm 70% sure that since the weapons patch that came out with AotI, it no longer works that way. Special kubara weaps like fluros tend to be slightly stronger as well, and doublesabers have lower ATP than twins because of their muli-target property. I agree that it might be a good idea to test out another pair of twins, like twin dejabans or w/e they're called, and compare the performance. Besides, I've played around with C-rank twins myself and I know they run out of pp a lot faster.

elshagan
Apr 22, 2009, 04:52 AM
Well PP is the last thing I worry about lools Cati / Bullet Save XD Tend to use my guns more then melee... Specially on S2 tho... <.< But yeah I'll see if I got any other twins n I'll look around n see how it compares in the end