PDA

View Full Version : singled out by enemys...

Gaara of sv
Apr 21, 2009, 05:01 PM
okay ever since i was a lvl 1, and a lvl 1 force i have been singled out by enemys... no matter what, if i attack them once and run away they follow me... even if someone who is a higher lvl keeps attacking them.

okay im a lvl 139 masterforce lvl 20 and it STILL happens! i can have a lvl 150 protranser and they still attack me, i can have a lvl 118 fortietecher and the enemy's still attack me! and i was wondering why i keep getting singled out?

Syn Jerriel
Apr 21, 2009, 05:09 PM
They attack the weakest out of the group maybe thats why

Gaara of sv
Apr 21, 2009, 06:10 PM
They attack the weakest out of the group maybe thats why

no, reread it, i said i can be in a part with a fortietecher lvl 118, and im a masterforce 139 and i didnt mention this before but my little brother is lvl 89 and they still attack me over him!

ShonagarACE
Apr 21, 2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe it's all in your mind!

Sano
Apr 21, 2009, 06:25 PM
This game has no concept of enmity/hate control or anything related. They attack who and what they feel like; pure randomness. If the monsters are attacking only you, all the time, in every mission, every day.... then maybe... SEGA just doesn't like YOU. ^^

garjian
Apr 21, 2009, 06:59 PM
ive seen this...

are you playing a female character by any chance?

i have a theory...
consider how charm works on this game... it make things attack you...
perhaps theyre just in love with you and theyre a bit frisky...
theyre only doing it cause they love you really...

Criss
Apr 21, 2009, 07:43 PM
When monsters spawn, they'll target the nearest player. And if monsters receive a few consecutive hits from a single person, they'll attack him. (Like shooting with machine guns for example.)

So if you got two hunters each hitting their own enemy from a pack of 5, and you toss a Ra- tech in the pack, chances are 2 or 3 of the enemies will start going after you until someone else hits them or you run off too far.

Yunfa
Apr 21, 2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry to burst your bubbles Gaara, the world does not revolve around you. :P

- Jokes aside, what Criss said above. *thumbs up*

RemiusTA
Apr 22, 2009, 05:16 AM
okay ever since i was a lvl 1, and a lvl 1 force i have been singled out by enemys... no matter what, if i attack them once and run away they follow me... even if someone who is a higher lvl keeps attacking them.

okay im a lvl 139 masterforce lvl 20 and it STILL happens! i can have a lvl 150 protranser and they still attack me, i can have a lvl 118 fortietecher and the enemy's still attack me! and i was wondering why i keep getting singled out?

You're a force. PSU hates you.

goldbrease
Apr 22, 2009, 05:37 AM
i've had de ragen chase me around with his breath attack. and this keeps me from hitting him the most.

Gaara of sv
Apr 22, 2009, 05:39 AM
ive seen this...

i have a theory...

nope im a male newman lvl 141 now...

Gaara of sv
Apr 22, 2009, 05:42 AM
You're a force. PSU hates you.

thats what i thought! lol but im being 100% serious you would probably have to see it to believe it. i can have a lvl 150 protranser on top of a savlatus hitting it with a shotgun, and i will cast ramegid ONCE, and its like the protranser wasnt even there!

Gaara of sv
Apr 22, 2009, 05:44 AM
i've had de ragen chase me around with his breath attack. and this keeps me from hitting him the most.

yeah thats one of the problems i have, i can hit the de ragan once and it keep turning and walking at me (or charging) its messed up! but the one guy was probably right, im a masterforce... so sega hates me! ROFL!

Genoa
Apr 22, 2009, 05:50 AM
I disagree with agro coming from someone who hits them. At least for many enemies.
You can leave some enemies completely alone, and I mean like... not even attemping to strike it... and they'll turn on you.
Ever answered mail when a Jarba spawns and despite 3, 4 other people attacking it... he fires Megid at you waaaaay in the back, farthest from him, not doing anything...

Sometimes I think mobs attack the target who is farthest. At first it was theory that agro goes for ranged players, but that theory might have come along because ranged players are farthest from the enemy.

Lately, during this event, I have been playing AT, GM, and MF.
As AT, I'm usually more in the enemies face, and I encounter a decent deal of aggression, but many times I find enemies like Koltova, Vahra, Badira, and Jarba to move towards someone else.
Well, Jarba will usually Punch me straight off, but he tends to Megid people who are far away.

As GM, I constantly have to strafe away from incoming Megid and Svaltus' stun-shots. Svaltus seems to use his "tornado break" zalure attack when people are near, but always turns around to fire that Stun-shot at someone far off in the distant (not so bad when GM cuz I can strafe quickly, pisses me off to no end as MF with Rod)

MF, Megid and Stun-shots all over me <__<.
I'm starting to assume with many enemies, if they have a ranged attack, they'll go for people far. If they have a melee attack, they'll go for who's closest.
But it's definitely not the same agro as PSO, which was... "whoever is closest is getting pwnd"

Overlord Zenon
Apr 22, 2009, 06:08 AM
i beleive they attack by proximity, then again it could have a list of party memebers in a constant roulette so monsters will randomly go after whoever

fay
Apr 22, 2009, 06:45 AM
does your character wear a stink frame or have bad BO?

jk lol

i think your just unlucky. at times the enemys usually like to go for just me and its not because i solo 99.9% of the time. they just like to do it. best example. dulk fakis. me and one other have done this at times. he starts using ra spells like crazy on one person and leaves the other one alone completely. the thing is the one getting hit is usually running about while the other digs in.

ShonagarACE
Apr 22, 2009, 06:46 AM
I disagree with agro coming from someone who hits them. At least for many enemies.
You can leave some enemies completely alone, and I mean like... not even attemping to strike it... and they'll turn on you.
Ever answered mail when a Jarba spawns and despite 3, 4 other people attacking it... he fires Megid at you waaaaay in the back, farthest from him, not doing anything...

Sometimes I think mobs attack the target who is farthest. At first it was theory that agro goes for ranged players, but that theory might have come along because ranged players are farthest from the enemy.

Lately, during this event, I have been playing AT, GM, and MF.
As AT, I'm usually more in the enemies face, and I encounter a decent deal of aggression, but many times I find enemies like Koltova, Vahra, Badira, and Jarba to move towards someone else.
Well, Jarba will usually Punch me straight off, but he tends to Megid people who are far away.

As GM, I constantly have to strafe away from incoming Megid and Svaltus' stun-shots. Svaltus seems to use his "tornado break" zalure attack when people are near, but always turns around to fire that Stun-shot at someone far off in the distant (not so bad when GM cuz I can strafe quickly, pisses me off to no end as MF with Rod)

MF, Megid and Stun-shots all over me <__<.
I'm starting to assume with many enemies, if they have a ranged attack, they'll go for people far. If they have a melee attack, they'll go for who's closest.
But it's definitely not the same agro as PSO, which was... "whoever is closest is getting pwnd"

Good post, I think this makes the most sense!

Barker5227
Apr 22, 2009, 06:55 AM
After doing many different types of missions with monsters of every element my "group" and I have discovered it depends on armor. Players with the same element armor as the monster get attacked less. Players with opposite element armor as the monster get attacked most often. (tested in MB, SW, GF)
Now I may be wrong, but that is what I and my friends believe.

Try wearing Neutral armor or same element.

Libram
Apr 22, 2009, 01:30 PM
From my experience the AI pattern is different depending on the enemies, and it's all based on when those enemies were made.

PSU V1
AI for all enemies in this group randomly chooses a target, usually one of the characters farther from the spawn. Their focus will then shift to whoever was the last person to attack them. This is why a Jarba or Svaltus will seem to target the ranged people. They have a faster rate of attack and usually land a hit after the enemy has recovered from melee punishment.

AOI
These enemies have more of a group mentality. They all tend to focus on a single target until that target dies or they decide to gang up on something else. The perfect example is found in Sakura Blast. Take yourself and two NPCs into that mission at a rank that everyone can survive some punishment, and just watch the Boomas target one of the NPCs. They all move toward the one, each attacking as soon as their in range. If someone throws an area of effect attack into the fray they all flinch before resuming attack on that one target. They'll dog the NPC until either it dies or a certain time passes, then choose someone else to smack around. Different enemies aren't controlled by the same AI, that's why Ubukradas will keep running into you while the Boomas and Sageetas blitz someone else. Even then the enemy sets still act as a whole. I've seen Boomas smacking around my PM while Komazlis keep slinging Barta at me.

MelanyKoura
Apr 22, 2009, 05:44 PM
Actually, the AI of these mobs doesn't have any sort of "aggro table." They don't even turn on the nearest person 9/10 of the time. I'm quite sure it's all random. There can't be a reason for a Vahra to start storming up to me, then start doing the moonwalk sideways toward a Fighmaster friend of mine while I'm hitting said mob repeatedly.

And the whole "they attack the weakest" is bulls***. Absolute bull. I've been in a party as a 108-ish Acrotecher and I was the lowest. It (De Ragan in this case) went for a level 138 over me. While I was chucking Diga at it. Constantly. Doing 1.2k damage per hit. That's happened in other boss fights as well. And even against normal mobs!

And to address "well they attack you if you hit them enough" which I see coming from maybe a mile away... Yeah. They do. But that isn't aggression. I think that's random too. I've had several Svaltus ignore me while I pelted it with Freeze Shot (or whatever the name was) and constantly froze the thing.

And also, I don't think armor factors in to mob "aggression" (if it can be called that) anymore than standing WAAAAAAAY in the back clearly out of range. I've seen light mobs go after my friends a lot more than they go after me, and I'm wearing a Dark element armor. Same for ice ones while on my Fighgunner wearing a fire armor.

Bottom line: It's all random. There are no aggro tables/aggression zones or anything. If they target you first, oh well. If they don't, cool, go you.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2009, 05:52 PM
It is most likely random, but at times it seems as though it may be type-based (in that I've seen enemies completely ignore the fFs and FMs that are attacking them and continue walking towards a fT on the other side of the room).

Yeah, probably random.

pikachief
Apr 22, 2009, 09:15 PM
Like someone else said They attack the weakest player!

Your a higher level than them but your still a MasterForce and their a Fortetecher! loljk XD idk :S

Atomic646
Apr 23, 2009, 12:20 PM
ive seen this...

i have a theory...

lol....

OldCoot
Apr 23, 2009, 01:21 PM
nope im a male newman lvl 141 now...

I assume the game has some sort of aggro meter or something for the monsters. If you are close then they go after you. If you hit them they might go after you. I also think that some attacks might get their notice over others. Maybe some are turned easier by a bullet instead of a tech?

But maybe this is the real answer?

Badira number 1: Which race do you like to eat better. Newmans, humans, beasts or CASTS.

Badira number 2: Well, I don't like the taste of beasts. Too tough. Humans tend to be like a quick snack but are usually too stringy, and CASTS they don't taste right and are hard to chew. That leaves those yummy Newmans. They just melt in your mouth.

Badira number 1: Yeah. Sounds good. Charge.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 23, 2009, 01:29 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGRO!!!! Yes I've noticed that newmans are more tasty in the eyes of many monsters. But to some when I hit them they just...walk in circles...WTF!?

Miyoko
Apr 23, 2009, 07:34 PM
Attacks that make enemies flinch -definitely does- build up 'agro', but it's not a taunt. Having been gunning for a long time, I've seen it a lot -- Enemies chasing after someone, pelting them with a few bullets, then watching them change targets to me. Now it's not a TAUNT, but it definitely increases the chance they'll focus on you.

Also, I've also noticed that enemies go for players wearing the wrong type of armor. If you're wearing armor that -increases- the damage they do to you, monsters will be far, far more willing to run up and give you a hug. I'm not sure if this works in reverse, though, with higher elemental armored players being less likely to be targeted than lower ones of the same element.

Talise
Apr 24, 2009, 01:10 AM
just one question to the people having this problem... have you ever asked the person you're playing with whether that enemy is attacking THEM? I'm just curious, because it sounds like you're suffering from lag. When there is lag, monsters can be in different spots and doing different things for each player. Perhaps you're just really laggy and so an monster you hit only registers as you hitting them or they simply arn't where they are for your party member as they are for you so they can't really hit them in your game... ya...kinda confusing, but it might be true. Okay, I dun think I explained clearly enough... I'm saying while in your game it's attacking you, in your partner's game it might be attacking him/her. On a side note, most of the time, a finch hit should cause an enemy to change aggro, probably to the person who attacked them.