PDA

View Full Version : PSU My type abbreviations and why

Talise
Apr 22, 2009, 02:06 PM
I just believe it can be difficult to understand each other at times, when we use abbreviations and everyone uses a different abbreivation for each type. Hence, I want to make an "official" type abbreviation list(for me).

For simplicity, all type abbreviations will contain only TWO letters.

Hunter=Hu
Ranger=Ra
Force=Fo
Fighgunner=Fi-to differentiate between Fortegunner and Fighgunner we use Fi for figh.
Guntecher=GT-techer classes end in T.
Wartecher=WT
Fortefighter=FF-Forte classes begin with F.
Fortegunner=FG
Fortetecher=FT
Protranser=Pt-Seriously, I don't see how anyone needs to type PT for party. "LFP" or "invite" is enough, and much less confusing. The inverse of LFP is PFL, meaning "Party Looking For".
Acrofighter=AF
Acrotecher=AT
Fighmaster=FM
Gunmaster=Gu-to differentiate between Game Masters and Gunmaster, we won't use GM.
Masterforce=MF

Now to clarify that these abbreviations are class types, capitalize all letters so we have:

HU, RA, FO, FI, GT, WT, FF, FG, FT, PT, AF, AT, FM, GU, MF

RAGNAGELPPOD
Apr 22, 2009, 03:03 PM
Protranser=pro
Fighgunner=Fig

Thats how I usually do it.

Genoa
Apr 22, 2009, 03:28 PM
I use everything just as you listed with the exception of GU, I do say GM :/
But I have always said FI for Fighgunner, because the confusion between Fighgunner and Fortegunner is ridiculous.
But I also use all caps D:

stukasa
Apr 22, 2009, 03:55 PM
I use fG for Fortegunner and FG for Fighgunner but I think your way (FI and FG) is easier for most people to understand. And I use GM for Gunmaster, not GU. I can tell when people are talking about Game Masters from the context so that's never been an issue for me. I have never said the phrase, "Do you mean Gunmaster or Game Master?" :p

unicorn
Apr 22, 2009, 04:03 PM
I use GM, FI, and FG.

I dont like fG for Fortegunner, because not many people use fF/fT. Makes more sense just to use all caps. And I think ST mentioned the official abbreviation for Fighgunner is FI.

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2009, 04:34 PM
i like to use the ones that most players use.

Ceresa
Apr 22, 2009, 04:41 PM
For Figunner the only logical one is ΦG.

Frees up FG for Fortegunner, no messing with upper or lower caps nonsense, still two letters, and doesn't break the system by not using the first letter of each "word" like all other abbreviations.

stukasa
Apr 22, 2009, 05:12 PM
For Figunner the only logical one is ΦG.

Frees up FG for Fortegunner, no messing with upper or lower caps nonsense, still two letters, and doesn't break the system by not using the first letter of each "word" like all other abbreviations.
:lol:

Besides the fact that they're spelled differently, I doubt most people are set up to type Greek on their keyboard!

beatrixkiddo
Apr 22, 2009, 05:13 PM
Φ

It's easy.

stukasa
Apr 22, 2009, 05:16 PM
Φ

It's easy.
Did you do that without copy and paste? :eek: If so, teach me how!

beatrixkiddo
Apr 22, 2009, 05:32 PM
I used the japanese IME. Type in "fai" and hit space until you get the right result.

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2009, 05:45 PM
Did you do that without copy and paste? :eek: If so, teach me how!

fi- works

stukasa
Apr 22, 2009, 06:08 PM
I usually have the Japanese IME turned off when I'm playing PSU so I think I'll stick with FG or FI, but thanks!

meeba
Apr 22, 2009, 06:55 PM
Hold down Alt and press 232 on the number pad (with numlock on).

Should work on a windows machine.

http://www.usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/greek-alt-codes.php

Kazemi
Apr 25, 2009, 06:40 AM
"FI" was proposed eons ago and adopted by PSUP so its beyond me why more people don't use it. "FiG" is ugly and inconsistent.

"PR" is used commonly on JP since they use "PT" for party and it helps to keep consistency between communities where they run into each other at.

doesn't break the system by not using the first letter of each "word" like all other abbreviations.HU, RA, FO, and PR. yep...

not to mention that intermixing alphabets looks bad (so what if the official metric abbreviations do it, they also intermix case which confuses people) and "FI" is much easier to make regardless.

Talise
Apr 25, 2009, 07:11 PM
PR sounds like public relations(lol), and PT just looks better to me, but I'll change it if everyone feels that PR would be good.