PDA

View Full Version : Chao Staff question and armor. please help me!! lol

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Apr 22, 2009, 06:46 PM
im a 145 FT 20 and my main weps i use are a 10/10, a 9/9 and 2 7/7 chao staffs. i also use 2 A-class tech mags, a tesbra and a granahodorac (which i got for free lol) and id like to use some S-class weps, but i really cant find too much thats better than the chao staffs. and if they are better its not by much and its like 10m for a small upgrade. so i guess my question is wtf? why do i need to get an S-class wep with at least 5 or 6 grinds to match an A-class one? i kinda wanna try MF but i dont feel like downgrading to S weapons. the other reason is armor, i just looked for decent S-class techer armor, and the highest % i saw was like 20 something, and since i have a tech PM, i cant make armor. and i cant use the tech PM to make money to buy armor cause most weps seem to cost more in materials than the weapon itself unless i can grind it at least 7 times which i can never do.

Randomness
Apr 22, 2009, 06:49 PM
After the event, we'll have half-off parts/clothes. Take an unleveled PM (I know you have one, or make a char) and feed it cheap, high-rarity parts. I think CAST-Yukatas are like 2k normally.

Also, S-rank armor should come down in price as the event goes on.

str898mustang
Apr 22, 2009, 06:49 PM
Psycho Wand

make a storage char and make a armor pm? u can do it for free but it takes a while

autumn
Apr 22, 2009, 06:54 PM
If you use FT chao staffs are going to be you best weapon until you upgrade to psycho wands (in fact I believe a 10/10 chao is slightly better then an unground psycho) MF can be costly to hop into because optimally you would be using high grind psycho wands, pushans and granahodoracs. I have a MF alt and she wears a set of 20%+ feril lines, one psycho wand, an okarod, 4 delpis and 4 tesbras (the delpi/tesba combo is the best for her look, she would look stupid using a twirling squirrel and a grana >_>)

If you want to upgrade though now is a prime time to do so. Psycho wands have been dropping pretty steadily (or so I've heard) from the event and one of the as of now unreleased missions drop gaozoran rods if you need a bit of variety on your palatte.

MelanyKoura
Apr 22, 2009, 06:57 PM
If you use FT chao staffs are going to be you best weapon until you upgrade to psycho wands (in fact I believe a 10/10 chao is slightly better then an unground psycho) MF can be costly to hop into because optimally you would be using high grind psycho wands, pushans and granahodoracs. I have a MF alt and she wears a set of 20%+ feril lines, one psycho wand, an okarod, 4 delpis and 4 tesbras (the delpi/tesba combo is the best for her look, she would look stupid using a twirling squirrel and a grana >_>)

If you want to upgrade though now is a prime time to do so. Psycho wands have been dropping pretty steadily (or so I've heard) from the event and one of the as of now unreleased missions drop gaozoran rods if you need a bit of variety on your palatte.

Not to sound snobish, but what is "steadily" in this game? o.o; Personally I've only seen one drop in this event (though that's just me. Not to mention it's the first one I EVER saw drop. Thankfully I was with friends).

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Apr 22, 2009, 07:13 PM
ya, i have 2 Pwand boards now, but getting the materials is gonna take a while still. i was lucky to find a light and fire feril line in the event mission, but there only like 20%. and even if i do make an armor PM with my luck there gonna have terrible % on them.

and a quick question, does anyone know some weps to make with a tech PM thatll actually make a profit?

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 22, 2009, 08:27 PM
Not to sound snobish, but what is "steadily" in this game? o.o; Personally I've only seen one drop in this event (though that's just me. Not to mention it's the first one I EVER saw drop. Thankfully I was with friends).

I know that there was someone on the boards here that found 6 in 5 runs. I know several people in my guild have found 2-3 in less than 10 runs. Autumn said "or so I've been told" because the two of us have yet to see one drop anywhere but in Sleeping Warriors lol

ya, i have 2 Pwand boards now, but getting the materials is gonna take a while still. i was lucky to find a light and fire feril line in the event mission, but there only like 20%. and even if i do make an armor PM with my luck there gonna have terrible % on them.

and a quick question, does anyone know some weps to make with a tech PM thatll actually make a profit?

A psycho wand wants crazy amounts of materials and the price on them now is INSANE. You want fast Diad, get a group of friends together and run White Beast S (not S2) the boxes behind the freeze trap at the end have a good chance of dropping Diad.

Relic edges are a pain. For those you're confined to relic sites. I suggest running Sleeping Warriors repeatedly doing something like leveling your techs or a gunner's lasers. You'll get then eventually.

Unfortunately a tech PM is the single LEAST productive PM to have to make money from. You could sell your grana for a big price, but those require one of the hardest to find materials around to make. You can synth up a bunch of tesbras seeing as they sell for somewhere around 3-5mil (on PC/PS2).

aside fromt hat, there's not much you can do.

ShonagarACE
Apr 22, 2009, 08:36 PM
I know that there was someone on the boards here that found 6 in 5 runs. I know several people in my guild have found 2-3 in less than 10 runs. Autumn said "or so I've been told" because the two of us have yet to see one drop anywhere but in Sleeping Warriors lol

A psycho wand wants crazy amounts of materials and the price on them now is INSANE. You want fast Diad, get a group of friends together and run White Beast S (not S2) the boxes behind the freeze trap at the end have a good chance of dropping Diad.

Relic edges are a pain. For those you're confined to relic sites. I suggest running Sleeping Warriors repeatedly doing something like leveling your techs or a gunner's lasers. You'll get then eventually.

Unfortunately a tech PM is the single LEAST productive PM to have to make money from. You could sell your grana for a big price, but those require one of the hardest to find materials around to make. You can synth up a bunch of tesbras seeing as they sell for somewhere around 3-5mil (on PC/PS2).

aside fromt hat, there's not much you can do.

I actually found 2 Relic Edges in 1 run of Roar of Flames C, so that might not be a bad place to look. Relic site + boosted drop rate.

Boxblaster
Apr 23, 2009, 07:17 AM
I have actually found over 20 relic edges since the event has started. I also found 2 on one C run of Roar of Flames. For some reason, I seem to find the most while on C runs. I've also ran countless S2 runs, with no sign of a Psycho wand board.

NiceOnes
Apr 23, 2009, 10:14 AM
Since the event started my friends and I have found two P-Wand boards. The one that went to me dropped on S-Rank btw. I have far more than enough Relic Edges however I still need 5-6 more Diads to synth. My other issue is that the only PM I don't have maxed is Tech.. Starting on that tonight. :)

Talise
Apr 24, 2009, 01:03 AM
wait awhile and psycho-wand price will start to lower, why find them when you can buy them? gotta love these events