PDA

View Full Version : This hints at The King of Fighters movie being the best movie ever?

Saner
Apr 22, 2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.movieset.com/king-of-fighters/videos/gl8qgi/Behind-the-scenes-video-for-King-of-Fighters-at-MovieSet.com

yay! they are definitely putting a lot more effort than that failure of a Street Fighter movie (TLoCL)

well maybe, I think they will still have their powers, though, they might be taking too many
liberties in changing things too much. :p

but on the bright side, the ones confirmed so far:

Kyo
Iori
Mai
Chizuru
Rugal
Vice
Mature

I would imagine there would be at least cameos of other fighters in the series. and maybe
even more characters than the ones revealed so far. but we have yet to find out how many
exactly. but if this is any indication:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngt_c7WzR8I

a KOF movie can work really well! ^^

oh look!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038685/

Saisyu Kusanagi
Ryo Sakazaki
and
Terry Bogard are in it too!!!!!!!!! :o

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! xD

:burger: :salad: :burger:

Zarode
Apr 22, 2009, 10:05 PM
Those commercials were corny as hell, no lie.

Movies based on games are doomed to failure.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 22, 2009, 11:10 PM
STOP TURNING OUR GAMES INTO GARBAGE!!!

Vanzazikon
Apr 22, 2009, 11:25 PM
*snickers* Yeah, this is going to be better than that Street Fighter movie about Chun Li. (Totally forgot the name)

Outrider
Apr 23, 2009, 12:09 PM
You seem to not notice that Saner doesn't have the same Crap Filter that every other person in the world has.

If it's tangentially related to something he likes, OMG ITZ AWESOMEZ.

This movie will be just as terrible as the Street Fighter or Dead or Alive films, and nobody will care about it.

Yunfa
Apr 27, 2009, 01:47 AM
I for one, enjoyed the old live action Street Fighter very much. I'm hoping this will turn out great.

Tyreek
Apr 27, 2009, 02:10 PM
... Sean Faris who is playing Kyo, who is Japanese... Oh my lord.

Alnet
Apr 27, 2009, 04:04 PM
Y'know, seeing that preview just now has sapped a large amount of my attraction from Vice.

Can they make any video game movie where the actors look even slightly like they do in the source material!? Damn!

Anyhow, I'll probably pass on this. I don't think I've seen a video game movie since Tomb Raider, and part of Hitman, since it was on TV.

Cracka_J
Apr 27, 2009, 04:26 PM
this is going to be just as bad as the mk movies.

yes, the mk movies were better then the sf movies, but it's still like comparing vomit to shit. neither one is really a winner.

as long as kof12 stays on track for an early july console release though, I don't care what hollywood does with the franchise.

Outrider
Apr 27, 2009, 05:12 PM
Honestly? The first Mortal Kombat movie was about as good as any Mortal Kombat game.

They're both cheesy camp that nobody in their right mind should care about, so I'd call it fair and square.

Cracka_J
Apr 27, 2009, 07:15 PM
you'd piss a lot of umk3 players off by saying that. umk3 is a very very deep game that a lot of people still play seriously. I've seen it played by some of the best in the world, they can make the game look like mvc2 when it's played properly.

but I don't play that shit so I don't care lol.

Niered
Apr 27, 2009, 10:55 PM
You seem to not notice that Saner doesn't have the same Crap Filter that every other person in the world has.

If it's tangentially related to something he likes, OMG ITZ AWESOMEZ.

This movie will be just as terrible as the Street Fighter or Dead or Alive films, and nobody will care about it.

"He"? Was this ever confirmed? I didnt think that anyone had ever officially confirmed that he/she was either.

More related to the topic, yes, Saner, your a fanboy (girl?) and the fact is that even though the movie has a 100% of sucking, you will like it. I cite Alien Syndrome at this point.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 27, 2009, 11:43 PM
Saner is a dude. Don't be fooled.

Retehi
Apr 27, 2009, 11:49 PM
It's pretty much a "It's Pat" situation. No one will ever know.

Outrider
Apr 28, 2009, 11:44 AM
you'd piss a lot of umk3 players off by saying that. umk3 is a very very deep game that a lot of people still play seriously. I've seen it played by some of the best in the world, they can make the game look like mvc2 when it's played properly.

but I don't play that shit so I don't care lol.

Serious Mortal Kombat players sound like the Frisbee enthusiasts of fighting game players: They claim it's a real sport because no real athletes play it so they can seem comparatively competitive. Just because someone can spend hours learning the intricacies of an activity doesn't mean it actually means anything.