PDA

View Full Version : PSOX and PSOGC

raikomaru40
Apr 23, 2009, 10:25 AM
Are they exactly the same? I've never played PSOX, but I'm assuming they are.

Vanzazikon
Apr 23, 2009, 02:04 PM
I think PSOGC+ is the same as PSOX so, yeah both are Version 3.

Akruta
Apr 23, 2009, 02:36 PM
Well PSOX had a few other quests I think.

Ryna
Apr 23, 2009, 03:24 PM
The Xbox servers had an exclusive quest called "Voice Operation." You can read about it here:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1590

I also remember that a person on the Xbox servers could be prompted to change their character's name if enough people complained.

raikomaru40
Apr 24, 2009, 06:12 AM
Huh, interesting, also, I was thinking about it last night and I seem to recall hearing something about needing to be connected to Xbox Live to play, even offline. Am I correct or was I just imagining it?

Freeze
Apr 24, 2009, 06:28 AM
You don't need to be connected to Xbox live but you do need a Gamertag to log in. It doesn't even need to be currently active as long as it was once.

raikomaru40
Apr 24, 2009, 06:29 AM
Oh golly, that sucks, I've never had a gamertag. :sad:

Crazyleo
Apr 25, 2009, 07:26 AM
That's why it didn't do that well for the Xbox. Last time I saw PSO for the Xbox, was for $.99 :-P

(Whereas PSOGC goes for around $25-$35)

kevlar_pso
May 11, 2009, 03:01 AM
For some reason, the "heat shimmer" you see in telepipes from the GCN version are not in the Xbox version. On the GCN you can have 4 characters per memory card. On the Xbox version, for each of the four gamertag slots you can have 12 characters each for a total of 48! There are a few other differences, I'm sure, but I would have to sleep on it.

Dragwind
May 15, 2009, 06:43 AM
The graphics on the Xbox version were supposedly polished up a bit as well. Besides very few exclusive quests and different offline modes (xbox version needed a Live account just to play offline), they are mostly the same.

Zeo_Rhend
May 15, 2009, 10:41 PM
the biggest diffrence i noticed is on psoxb u can create like 10 characters on same memory unit unlike the 4 on gc

xjustsumloser
May 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
PSOX does not have the extra offline quests that PSO+ for GCN has.
PSOX also you can not see the water in seabed when playing 4 players split screen.
PSOX can have more characters per memory card than you can on GCN.
You must have a gamertag present on your xbox to play the game at all in PSOX.

When it comes to actually playing the game though, it is the same game though. I always prefered to play PSOX cause all my friends had xboxs. But I still have PSO+ for GCN for offline EP 2 challenge mode.

jShazBot
May 24, 2009, 05:46 PM
Wait, PSO for Xbox had 4 player offline splitscreen?

Zeo_Rhend
May 24, 2009, 11:07 PM
lol ya it did. the crappiest thing bout it was had to had a live account