PDA

View Full Version : Masterforce or Fightmaster

CrypticHero
Apr 23, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hi all,Im new to this community and phantasy star and i know u guys have always been helpful so i would like to ask u veterans out there about these 2 classes. May i know between fightmaster and masterforce,which class is more fun to play with and which is more challenging to play with.. Thanks for reading my thread,help deeply appreciated!

Foolish Humon
Apr 23, 2009, 02:04 PM
Fightmasters are easier to use especially for beginners, but the fun factor depends more one what you like more. Are you a bigger fan of melee or magic? If you get more joy out of shooting fireballs and the like at your enemies or do you like chomping them up with a sword or whatever? XD

CrypticHero
Apr 23, 2009, 02:12 PM
I thought fightmaster was easier to use at first but when i knew of getting the correct timing to do exact attacks and criticals made me think its not an easy class after all compared to masterforce who button mashes.. Sorry if i am misleaded abou it.

panzer_unit
Apr 23, 2009, 03:02 PM
FM has the advantage of really high HP and defense, making it a lot harder to die than it is as a Force. They're not limited to melee, you can use RCSM + slicer and attack from a distance with two weapons at once.

Skill management is easier as a fighter too - you only need to level up a few skills as compared to a gunner or force, if you want to change attack element use a different weapon of the same type.

psufreak
Apr 23, 2009, 04:53 PM
Now fighmaster is extremely enojyable because you get max level of Photon Arts and weapons that are extremely awsome. Thing is you have to get used to critical once you do you will be a deadly force.

Now Masterforce is a little harder to get into because you have to start your Technics from a low level which can take a while and you have to know you element alinement and aliments so once you start a fighmaster and understands what's strong against what you can pick up a masterforce which are very rewarding in the end.

Infinite Eternity
Apr 23, 2009, 05:39 PM
I find I like both classes but probably like using Fighmaster better due to high attack. I also tend to fly solo so I don't have much a need to buffs or support TECHNICs that range to partners.

TecherRamen
Apr 23, 2009, 07:55 PM
I easily do twice as much damage as a master force as 2 fighmasters put together. Rmag +wand w/ Ra and line spells. or Rmag + wand w/ diga and resta. that combo is essentially broken. plus you get buffs regen and damage null spells fairly easily. make sure you use the tenora works Rmags from moatoob tho.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------In my opinion its easier to learn how to bomb the hell out of things from a distance(masterforce) than it is to get up and somethings face and keep it from hitting you while still doing damage to it. Fighter has ALOT of subtlety in these games : all weapons have different timing to get criticals( think of the timing back in PSO but you can keep going if you miss it).

Dragwind
Apr 23, 2009, 10:36 PM
As for which you may find to be more fun is purely opinion. I like both pretty equally.

As for challenge? Fighmaster is really easy to play for me. Playing forces for years in PSU as well I don't have any issues, but I think it might be more of a challenge for new players to play a masterforce.

Bitzen
Apr 24, 2009, 02:31 AM
Why not both? Acromaster ftw!

panzer_unit
Apr 24, 2009, 09:19 AM
I easily do twice as much damage as a master force as 2 fighmasters put together.

That would be pretty hard to measure, my damage output as a FM is usually limited by enemies exploding mid-PA on me.

aichan
Apr 24, 2009, 10:58 AM
Maybe you should try what suite's you best... Masterforce is good but maybe a little hard to play on the start. But when your Techs goes lvl 30, you will surely enjoy the play. As of Fightmaster it's easy to use them and they survive better I think.

klunka
Apr 28, 2009, 03:08 PM
I easily do twice as much damage as a master force as 2 fighmasters put together. Rmag +wand w/ Ra and line spells. or Rmag + wand w/ diga and resta. that combo is essentially broken. plus you get buffs regen and damage null spells fairly easily. make sure you use the tenora works Rmags from moatoob tho.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------In my opinion its easier to learn how to bomb the hell out of things from a distance(masterforce) than it is to get up and somethings face and keep it from hitting you while still doing damage to it. Fighter has ALOT of subtlety in these games : all weapons have different timing to get criticals( think of the timing back in PSO but you can keep going if you miss it).

This is so true. Any class that can use those R-Mags is completely broken.