PDA

View Full Version : help me find my way around

Ferocious
Apr 23, 2009, 08:23 PM
well im new to pso..down grading from psu for a bit...but idk whats up with the scrolling top banner..can i post sumthing up there so my friends can see it? and if ne1 wants to help me find my way around itll be appreciated..ive had a couple of people show me around a bit and gave me a few weps that i cant use yet.

AlexCraig
Apr 23, 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm assuming you're on BB. No, you can't put anything up there unless you are a GM.

cApNhOwDy
Apr 24, 2009, 03:46 AM
well im new to pso..up grading from psu for a bit...but idk whats up with the scrolling top banner..can i post sumthing up there so my friends can see it? and if ne1 wants to help me find my way around itll be appreciated..ive had a couple of people show me around a bit and gave me a few weps that i cant use yet.

Fix'd

Genoa
Apr 24, 2009, 04:26 AM
Amazing how much bitterness and strife there is between many PSO and PSU players.
Can't find a good amount that like both :/

On topic:
I might be able to help you ... uh ... later? xD
PSU is having their Shred of Darkness event going on, and I'm glued there for now.
But I still play PSOBB on a regular basis, so after the event, perhaps I can help you out for a bit.

SStrikerR
Apr 24, 2009, 03:42 PM
Ah, so that's where you went K.
Figures, I don't feel like hooking up my ps2 right now to play in the event, however much I may regret it when I have shitty weapons.
Oh well, I'll stick with PSO.

Anyway, If you like, I can help you around the game with my force sometime. He's level 40 and has great support techs, you shouldn't have much of a problem playing with him next to you.

AlexCraig
Apr 24, 2009, 06:15 PM
To be honest, I haven't seen that much hate flowing lately (which is a good thing).

psofan219
Apr 24, 2009, 06:54 PM
I agree.

Freeze
Apr 24, 2009, 07:39 PM
Looks like the which is better than which fad has died out. Lets hope it stays dead. There's enough room for PSO and PSU and all PS games to live peacefully side by side.

To OP I'll be glad to give you a hand online except like Special K I'm a little preoccupide with the PSU event right now.

Ferocious
Apr 25, 2009, 03:35 AM
just do both like i am and im lvl 41 now on psobb..and im seeking sum help cuz im having trouble installing it on another computer

Akruta
Apr 25, 2009, 12:37 PM
41 in 3 days?... Must have done alot of ttf.

Ferocious
Apr 26, 2009, 02:45 PM
yes i have..one mroe noob questio0n to throw in..will my sato continue to evolve if i continue to feed it?

Vanzazikon
Apr 26, 2009, 11:24 PM
No, it reached it's fourth/rare evolution and will not change by more feeds.

Ferocious
Apr 26, 2009, 11:57 PM
ty i found out already on my own..i just risked it...

SStrikerR
Apr 27, 2009, 08:37 AM
I'll give you some adive: Don't spam ttf all the time, you'll be so used to that that when you play a harder quest or anything like that, you'll modt likely suck.

Try doing these quests: Phantasmal world 4 (in ep 2)
A new Hope (ep 2)
Lost Havoc Vulcan (ep 1)
Actually, I have a better idea. Do every quest in the game, including the ones that can only be done in one player mode.

Ferocious
Apr 27, 2009, 06:03 PM
is there a difference in one player mode? and what are these pd's every1 is talking about..and ive been soloing the crater in episode 4 and got my 1st special weapon..maguwa or sumthing says its a hoe of some sort but cant use it cuz im mainly gunner

Vanzazikon
Apr 27, 2009, 07:32 PM
One Player Mode is like playing it offline. The enemies are easier and you can play the side stories or "offline quests".

Ferocious
Apr 28, 2009, 12:00 AM
i found out ty...also how do u ad team logos? do i just put it in the folder and load it ..what format does it have to be?

Ferocious
Apr 28, 2009, 12:35 PM
i would like to say this online community is way better than psu and psu isn't as fun anymore with all the drops being super common and he missions just being 10min straight shots to box bosses..well most take like 5-10min not realy any longer and solo its like 20min max...but on pso i like how there are different routes u can take and its not just a quik shot to rares...and the community seems more trustworthy and less greedy than on psu..im gona givemy psu suff to my friends later 2day and quite it for good...

Vanzazikon
Apr 28, 2009, 02:10 PM
i found out ty...also how do u ad team logos? do i just put it in the folder and load it ..what format does it have to be?You have to name it flag.bmp and save it as a bitmap image.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 28, 2009, 06:42 PM
what are these pd's every1 is talking about

A pd is a photon drop, tell me if I get ths wrong, that I think can fuse items into something greater. It might only work on weapons and armor though. there's a guide about it somewhere on psow.

psofan219
Apr 28, 2009, 07:29 PM
I think you're thinking of "Synthesis". A PD (Photon Drop) is used as currency amongst the PSO community. They can get you some rather excellent items (provided you cough up enough PD's that is), and they can also be used to add percents on to weapons. I'll let someone else cover that though.

Ha! That's nothing. I'll probably hit that mark the same day. Not trying to brag, but if you think that's impressive, in GCPSO, I got to 41 AND in Ultimate, all less than 8 hours of actual play.

Vanzazikon
Apr 28, 2009, 10:40 PM
That's what people don't understand. PSO is fairly easy to level up if you know what you're doing.

Strife has only played for 5 hours and he's 58.

Ferocious
Apr 29, 2009, 02:30 AM
You have to name it flag.bmp and save it as a bitmap image.
thankyou

cApNhOwDy
Apr 29, 2009, 05:23 AM
i would like to say this online community is way better than psu and psu isn't as fun anymore with all the drops being super common and he missions just being 10min straight shots to box bosses..well most take like 5-10min not realy any longer and solo its like 20min max...but on pso i like how there are different routes u can take and its not just a quik shot to rares...and the community seems more trustworthy and less greedy than on psu..im gona givemy psu suff to my friends later 2day and quite it for good...

I'm glad you enjoy it!

SStrikerR
Apr 29, 2009, 07:04 AM
A pd is a photon drop, tell me if I get ths wrong, that I think can fuse items into something greater. It might only work on weapons and armor though. there's a guide about it somewhere on psow.

Yeah,you're wrong =P

PDs can be used for a few things
1) A form of currency on the servers; meseta is worthless for the most part.
2) They can be used to sphere weapons, and to add specials to S-ranks.
3) Also, You can trade them in certain amounts to a certain npc in-game to get items.
(Although you need at least 20 or so to get a few good things, imo)