PDA

View Full Version : Question about Howzer hunt

Darki
Apr 24, 2009, 08:02 AM
Hi!

I've done the mission to hunt Vijeri / Resist very few times so I'm not very sure about this. I recall having a "skip to Howzer fight" option when selecting the mission, but now I'm doing it again (as a preparation for the new event mission) and all I got is a "skip to right before the trial" as is usual.

So, I suppose this deppends on some kind of speech selection in the first mission? Why it happened the first time and not now? I don't like the idea of losing six minutes in the mission if I can avoid it somehow... So, how is this done? Or, maybe is some kind of ninja update nerf?

Thanks.

Arada
Apr 24, 2009, 08:19 AM
You could never skip directly to fight Howzer. The mission and the speech before the fight were always part of the hunt.

And they, epsecially the speech, are pretty boring.

Darki
Apr 24, 2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry to disagree, but I've skipped the mission once. I don't remember the conditions, but I'm pretty sure that I went from the mission lobby to the fight directly without running the mission. What I don't remember is under which conditions this happens...

biggabertha
Apr 24, 2009, 09:20 AM
If you die while fighting against Howser, then you can skip directly to the fight with him.

One possible way to do this is to get killed by Megid from the Delp Salamis after you kill and loot Howser - but that's rather unreliable.

Darki
Apr 24, 2009, 09:39 AM
Hmmmm... Then it's not a practical way. I kill the salamis before attacking Howzer, I prefer to run the mission than taking the risk of getting Megid'ed... Well I tried. -_-

Anyways, I've noticed that I kill him pretty fast and I'm only a WT. I guess a FM would pwn him, but 5~6 minutes to kill it seems pretty good for me since I've seen videos of more than 10 minutes kill.

Basically I Megistar/Giresta just when the fight begins, then Vande Val the Delp Slamis so I can kill them without any distraction or geting megid'ed risk (thanks that the blast gauge is kept from the trial mission), and then basically Gravity Break pwn4ge till he dies. I don't care about support, just go filled with Trimates, Antimates and Star/Sol Atomizers (I used Resta before but I got killed with megid once while I was casting it. xD). Sometimes I use a Card Regas when I feel lazy or something.

Note that I carry a 25% dark Al-senba (sometimes with a legless/reinbow), Red/Knight and a 50% light Caliburn. I guess with a De Colte Line and a Soda Riban or a Muktrand + Dus Majarra it'd be faster, but anyways I just say this because I've seen many people not willing to do the mission because they were afraid of taking too much time. with 4 hits of 5000+ I think it really hurts. xD

biggabertha
Apr 25, 2009, 08:16 AM
Gunner has an easy time against him - Rising Shot is for lazy players, Barada Yoga speeds up the whole process.

I have no idea what melee can do - I'd prefer to use Assault Crush though - there doesn't seem to be much time to really get a fully JA combo of Gravity Break in there and I'd get too frustrated trying to do it.

Darki
Apr 25, 2009, 08:49 AM
Well the only advice on that is "take it easy". I don't even try to do the full combo simply because the strongest part of it is the first one on him. It does two hits of 4k+ in my case, while the last combo does only 5k+, so all I try is to hit the two first ones, and if Imanage to take him down I do the third.

Anyways, 35 runs to go, an illuminus Tag, a lot of photonChargeCosmos, and nothing else. -_- At least I take only 15 mins or around to clear the mission (I mean all, mission, video, Howser), so I guess doing around 10~20 per day I'll get it someday...

Ynnah
Jun 13, 2009, 05:25 PM
Darki if you dont want/need that illuminus tag i would gladly offer you somthing for
GT: Ynnah Runz ipz

DreXxiN
Jun 14, 2009, 04:41 AM
Assault Crush is better than Gravity Break for single target DPS. (Save for FM, who don't have the option of Twin Sabers)

I think even Renzan may be.