PDA

View Full Version : Rare items and rare enemies

CGoodness
Feb 16, 2003, 12:32 PM
Why is it that everyone always complains that they only get money and stuff from rare enemies and I, being the Yellowboze who are supposed to get money all the time (I think), have never killed a rare enemy without getting a secret weapon or photon drop?

ULTICOMP
Feb 16, 2003, 01:17 PM
Only twice have I not gotta a rare from a rare monster not counting normal mode.

Cloud_01
Feb 16, 2003, 01:32 PM
Try and get an 11 or 12 star weapon from a rare enemy and you will see for yourself why people complain.

Ghaleon
Feb 16, 2003, 01:47 PM
out of the 12 rare enemies ive killed ive only gotten ONE rare. it was a demolition comet from that rare slime in ultimate caves

Sasarai
Feb 16, 2003, 09:45 PM
Right, SPECIAL WEAPONS aren't really rare. They're just special. If I find another "special" Angry Fist, or "special" Justy I will have a shit-fit.

However, most of the truly rare enemies I've fought thus far have given me either p-drops or some kind of rare item.

I can only recall two exceptions, a monomate from a Nar Lily and meseta from a Pal Rappy.

Savrak
Feb 16, 2003, 09:53 PM
Who's complaining?

Taaj38
Feb 16, 2003, 10:06 PM
5 Pal Rappys-5 Hero/Ability
2 Hildetors-1 Frozen Shooter
5 Mil Lillies(ep 1)-1 Sange
4 Mil Lillies(ep 2)-3 Secure Feet
2 Love Rappys-1 Sigh of a God

YELLOWBOZE also

Billyum
Feb 16, 2003, 10:06 PM
I killed a Love Rappy ans got a crappy Light Relief.
Then i killed a Nar Lily and got a Flowen's Shield!
Finally, I killed a hildebear and got a Cross Scar!
(all in v-hard temple)

Id say im pretty lucky, these being all in one run.

Raist
Feb 16, 2003, 10:13 PM
27 pinkal pal rappies - 1 1975 Agito
5 redria pal rappies - 3 Red Handguns
1 oran pal rappy - 1 star amplifier
1 oran nar lilly - 1 flowen's shield
1 oran pouilly slime - 1 guard wave
As you can see its completely dependent on the rarity of the item. The rarer the item, the worse the drop rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-02-16 19:18 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Feb 16, 2003, 10:32 PM
Some people have it lucky, and some people don't. I consider myself on both sides of the fence. I've had lots of bad drops, but I've also gotten some really worthwhile items, too.

http://www.furnation.com/etl/pso/PSOE1n2_Rare_Critter_Finds.txt

Billyum
Feb 16, 2003, 11:05 PM
All in one V-hard temple run i got a Light Relief from a Love Rappy, a Flowen's Shield from a Nar lily, and a Cross Scar from a Hildebear!

Tulathis
Feb 17, 2003, 06:46 AM
That's truely epic, Vulpes. Is that using the TP trick, normal play, or both?

altmax
Feb 17, 2003, 12:59 PM
Well, I just killed my 2nd... yes 2nd rare enemy in 103 levels... The first being a Hildeblue... which I received a Hildeblue head.. which was cool, because it completes my hilde-cane series weapons.. Hildeblue and Hildebear canes... So.. today I'm killing Ultimate Forest, and I happen to come upon a Hildetorr, In the midst of crapping my pants, I re-grouped, snapped a picture for my brother, or he would not have believed me... He drops a Star Amplifier... how worthless is that? BLAH! Oh well.. maybe I'll get more now...

CGoodness
Feb 17, 2003, 01:01 PM
What's a star amplifier (sorry if i sound stupid im only a level 60 HUmar who didn't start till gamecube version)

altmax
Feb 17, 2003, 01:05 PM
Well to the best of my knowledge.. it can be put on either a Spirit Garmet, or a Wand Series Weapon, and turn it in to worthless garbage that a Humar can't use... So, it's completely worthless to me.

Raist
Feb 17, 2003, 03:10 PM
On 2003-02-17 09:59, altmax wrote:
Well, I just killed my 2nd... yes 2nd rare enemy in 103 levels... The first being a Hildeblue... which I received a Hildeblue head.. which was cool, because it completes my hilde-cane series weapons.. Hildeblue and Hildebear canes... So.. today I'm killing Ultimate Forest, and I happen to come upon a Hildetorr, In the midst of crapping my pants, I re-grouped, snapped a picture for my brother, or he would not have believed me... He drops a Star Amplifier... how worthless is that? BLAH! Oh well.. maybe I'll get more now...

Heh heh, sounds like somebody has a Pinkal HUmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Driadyte
Feb 17, 2003, 07:35 PM
It's okay altmax, I was walking through VHard Caves 2 one day, slaughtering Lilies and minding my own business. Suddenly, one of the lilies gets mad and throws this rock at me. I was all "Moola? What the hell is that? I don't need this crap!" and I proceded to slaughter many more of its brethren to exact my revenge. Then I got bored and threw the rock at my FOnewm. He was happy, except he's only level 35.

Cloud_01
Feb 17, 2003, 08:47 PM
On 2003-02-17 12:10, Raist wrote:

On 2003-02-17 09:59, altmax wrote:

Heh heh, sounds like somebody has a Pinkal HUmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I use to have a Pinkal RAmar in DC ver.1. I didn't know anything about section IDs back then..It totally sucked.

VulpesMundi
Feb 17, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-02-17 03:46, J-3PO wrote:
That's truely epic, Vulpes. Is that using the TP trick, normal play, or both?

A combination of both. I'd say 1/3 normal and 2/3 TP trick, though.

GandorDurin
Feb 17, 2003, 09:00 PM
Having every section ID helps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Too bad it's going to take me forever to get them all to Ultimate Mode...

Hippocanibal
Feb 18, 2003, 01:00 AM
Is it just me??? I have only fought 3 rare monsters, over all my 2-300 hours of playing and i have found plenty of rares. I once found 6 rares in one area level. (4 of them were brionacs though) So i dont really understand what everyone is talking about only gettin rare items from rare monsters. rare monsters are pretty much impossible to find for me!!!

Hippocanibal
Jul 1, 2003, 09:58 PM
one more thing id like to say. i have recently found 9 (not a miscount) 9 different special weapons in one area! i grant u that is was the impossibly long and boring caves in Vhard mode and i was lvl 52...wait where am i going with this? i forget...

Kire
Jul 2, 2003, 09:24 AM
You all are lucky to at have found at least 1 rare enemy...I've been playing my file for 168+ hours, yet no rare enemy. Although, before my previous file was hacked, I had found a Love Rappy online during Valentines Day. But I just had to be with a team member who surprised it, making it run away without dropping anything. >.<

CGoodness
Jul 2, 2003, 09:32 AM
Why did you guys bring this topic back? It's been dead for 5 months.

Kire
Jul 2, 2003, 10:21 AM
Because we felt like it, and we're probably bored. Does that answer yer question?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kire on 2003-07-02 08:23 ]</font>

CGoodness
Jul 2, 2003, 11:52 AM
Well, it sometimes makes people mad, so I was wondering why you would.

Neo_Slayer
Jul 2, 2003, 12:02 PM
i've only found like 5 rare enemies and only got one rare 3 rares from them.

2-3 nar lilly - 2 custom barrier ver.00
1 hildeblue - nothing
1 love rappy - god/luck

Hippocanibal
Jul 2, 2003, 11:53 PM
People angry for bringing back a topic? what a moron. whos gonna be angry for sparking old conversations? if u dont like it get out. plain and simple. Oh and i found one love rappy but it was in normal mode of all the luck and it dropped a ummm angel luck....how depressing =(

CGoodness
Jul 3, 2003, 09:07 AM
I made this topic 5 months ago. I'm not sure, but in the rules of some forums, I'm not sure here, it says not to bring back dead topics. If that's not a rule here, then I don't care if you did.

Sasarai
Jul 3, 2003, 10:14 AM
I don't really think this falls under "Dead Topic" rule.

The person who posted to bump this topic back up could have just as easily created a new topic...

Anyways, if an Admin notices it and considers it a rule infraction they'll lock it or something.

MaxBuster
Jul 3, 2003, 11:12 AM
I'm COMPLAINING...because I've played several hundred hours and found nothing truely rare. The best things I've gotten so far are a bunch of Hildebear's Cane, Rappy's Fan, S-Beat Blade, Delsaber's Buster, Booma's Claw and like a freakin million Musashis and Yamatos (would our old Vice Pres spell it Yamatoes?) Anyhow, I've noticed that most of you guys get great items, 11-12 star stuff.

CGoodness
Jul 3, 2003, 12:50 PM
my only 12 star is psycho wand, everything else is 9 or 10b stars