PDA

View Full Version : VIrtual On Release Date Confirmed

amtalx
Apr 24, 2009, 02:49 PM
You.

XBLA.

April 29th.

I can't wait to figure out how rusty I am at this game when I get my ass handed to me.

Cracka_J
Apr 24, 2009, 03:02 PM
wow, this month even? hot shit.
I was expecting to have to wait at least a couple more months for it.

any word on how many points for the dl?

SpikeOtacon
Apr 24, 2009, 03:09 PM
wow, this month even? hot shit.
I was expecting to have to wait at least a couple more months for it.

any word on how many points for the dl?

1200 moon bucks, I hear.

Cracka_J
Apr 24, 2009, 03:18 PM
So $15 dollaz. Awesome deal for an HD revision of a classic game. Hope to see a lot of you on...

So I can kill you :)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 24, 2009, 03:24 PM
Why can't PS3 have this little wonder. I loved the hell out of it when I got it!

Kent
Apr 24, 2009, 03:31 PM
Why can't PS3 have this little wonder. I loved the hell out of it when I got it!
Obviously, it's because (some) PS3s can play Virtual On: Marz.

That, and they get Noby Noby Boy. :wacko:

amtalx
Apr 24, 2009, 03:53 PM

Only Nintendo and MS have shown any dedication toward releasing old titles that weren't on one of their own past systems. I think this will change with the next generation though. XBLA and Wii Ware print money printing machines.

Kent
Apr 24, 2009, 04:00 PM
XBLA and Wii Ware print money printing machines.
It may (http://kotaku.com/5219100/how-many-copies-does-a-wiiware-game-need-to-sell) not (http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/10/23/rumor-wiiware-sales-for-third-party-devs-in-the-hundreds/) be so much in the WiiWare department, actually. The Xbox Live Arcade, however, regularly has titles that are selling in the ten thousands, for the higher-caliber ones.

amtalx
Apr 24, 2009, 04:09 PM
That stuff about the royalties for WiiWare games is pewp. I really shouldn't have put WiiWare in the same category though. XBLA pretty much wipes the floor with every other DLC distribution method out there.

Cracka_J
Apr 27, 2009, 04:28 PM
wednesday is sneaking closer...
damn I'm hyped for this!

jShazBot
Apr 27, 2009, 05:41 PM
What the hell is VIrtual?

Kent
Apr 27, 2009, 05:52 PM
What the hell is VIrtual?
The first word in the name of the game whose release date confirmation this topic is about. Also the first word in this topic.

Also something simulated, something that is effective despite not being real, or something that is almost or nearly equivalent to the object/attribute of comparison.

jShazBot
Apr 27, 2009, 06:19 PM
The first word in the name of the game whose release date confirmation this topic is about. Also the first word in this topic.

Also something simulated, something that is effective despite not being real, or something that is almost or nearly equivalent to the object/attribute of comparison.

I know what Virtual means. What I want to know is what game this is? Can't exactly search it because when I search "Virtual" in google all kinds of things pop up and when I search "Virtual game" I get the same problem.
Perhaps someone could help me out on this?

SpikeOtacon
Apr 27, 2009, 06:36 PM
I know what Virtual means. What I want to know is what game this is? Can't exactly search it because when I search "Virtual" in google all kinds of things pop up and when I search "Virtual game" I get the same problem.

You could try turning On your brain for a second.

jShazBot
Apr 27, 2009, 08:08 PM
You could try turning On your brain for a second.

Thats stupid. :wacko:

W0LB0T
Apr 27, 2009, 10:19 PM
April 29th.

People sure love releasing games on my birthday. Last year it was GTA4, and boy did that suck

But if I'll buy this game...maybe not

Kent
Apr 28, 2009, 01:21 AM
Well if you want the full version of the game's name (other than the series name stated in the title of the thread), this one is Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram M.S.B.S. ver. 5.66. :wacko:

Outrider
Apr 28, 2009, 11:39 AM
People sure love releasing games on my birthday. Last year it was GTA4, and boy did that suck

But if I'll buy this game...maybe not

Ha! Same thing I was thinking... only I didn't get GTA4.

Kent
Apr 28, 2009, 11:21 PM
< Five hours.

*spaz*

Cracka_J
Apr 29, 2009, 01:02 PM
Suppose it's up now since it's in kent's sig (lol).
I bought a points card over the weekend just for this, should be ready to rock when I get home today.

Any early reports of how it is? How are you liking it so far?

Kent
Apr 29, 2009, 02:50 PM
Suppose it's up now since it's in kent's sig (lol).
I bought a points card over the weekend just for this, should be ready to rock when I get home today.

Any early reports of how it is? How are you liking it so far?
It certainly is Virtual On. It plays exactly like the Dreamcast version (I don't use the twinstick controls), but with online mode, Score Attack (which I don't recall being in the Dreamcast version), three new VRs to pilot, and custom colorization.

The custom color thing is great, but it appears as if you don't get to use custom colors in ranked matches... That, or you have to specify both the RNA and DNA color versions of each one (which I suspect may be the case, since I only made a DNA color for mine).

So far, the ranked match I've been able to play went smooth enough that I would say there must be an Xbox 360 linked up to mine somewhere in the house. There was no noticable latency, whatsoever...

...But then I couldn't successfully connect to another match afterward. :/

The "Quick Match" option didn't yield any results (supposed to just find a person also looking for a quick match and let you fight them, presumably based on TrueSkill), but the "Connect to Lobby" option worked quite well for finding someone to fight. I don't know, it's weird like that.

For me, personally, it's well-worth the $15, simply because the game is so fun. The lack of any offline multiplayer other than System Link is kind of a let-down, because I would've liked to have the option to play offline like that, but I guess I can live without it.

...Oh, and the achievements are easy. I just need to be able to connect to nine more ranked matches in order to get the last one.

The 10/80 SP is pretty spiffy, too. It lacks an air dash, but it's not only substantially more agile on the ground than most, but it can also fire all of its weapons while running for some interesting projectile-weaving action. The right weapon favors spraying over power per shot, which I don't particularly like (mainly due to the invulnerability delay after getting hit, which makes the game favor less-frequent big attacks over repeated smaller ones), but if you don't plan on being in the air a lot, it's a pretty nice VR.

Stein-Vok is an interesting take on Grys-Vok, exchanging all of those missiles for energy weapons... But I got one-shotted by Bradtos somehow. :nono: Haven't really tried the new Ampharmd model, though.