PDA

View Full Version : Best Race/Gender Match for Advanced Classes

pinkace
Apr 24, 2009, 06:08 PM
Just wanted to get an opinion 'poll' of sorts going: what race is best suited to Guntecher, Wartecher, Fighunner, Acrotecher and Acrofighter?

I have all female chars, one for each race. I want to swap around, right now I have a Beast Fortefighter, Newman Fortetecher, Cast Fortegunner, and Human Fighunner.

I was going to make my Beast a Fighmaster, but I am not so sure anymore. So here are my choices:

Female Beast: Acrofighter or Wartecher?
Female Newman: Acrotecher or Wartecher?
Female Cast: Guntecher or ... something else?
Female Human: Acrofighter or Protranser or Wartecher?

I am leaning towards Wartecher mainly because of Twinclaws and Knuckles, but there are so many choices! as you can see, I am lost again (see my previous thread on Fighmaster, which devolved into a general board spat).

I am sorry to keep making these, thanks in advance for any tips/ideas. Just don't send me to www.lmgtfy.com :(

Zyrusticae
Apr 24, 2009, 06:13 PM
I don't suggest making a CAST techer of any kind. I mean, you can - I made a Newman FF, after all - but they're penalized more heavily in the TP department than a Newman is penalized in the ATP department, so unless you're only going to cast buffs it's not going to do you much good.

Humans are naturally quite good at any hybrid class (thanks to the stat boost and their even spread).

I see you're not interested in any of the Forte classes. So you know, at least in my opinion, if you're going for the best race match, the beasts, newmans, and CASTs all work best with their respective forte-types thanks both to the stat boost and their stat spreads. I'd personally stick with humans if you're going for any hybrid-type (especially hybrid techers).

Inazuma
Apr 24, 2009, 06:15 PM
Easy.

Female Newman for MF and FT.
Male Cast for everything else.

pinkace
Apr 24, 2009, 06:36 PM
I don't have any males, and I already maxed my Forte's; Beast FF, Newman FT, Cast FG.

So now I wanna swap 'em and the natural order of the universe dictates that I take whatever steps necessary to make my Beast, Newman and Cast into FM, MF and GM respectively, but such a lack in variety will be the death of me :(

Is there a stat boost for gender? I ask because Inazuma suggested Male Cast for everything except Force classes...

Inazuma
Apr 24, 2009, 06:40 PM
Use female cast then. They are slightly weaker than males, but they do have better stamina.

Shinko
Apr 24, 2009, 07:03 PM
Easy.

Female Newman for MF and FT.
Male Cast for everything else.

lol thats so true... it kinda sad though but true. Though i would be a female cast because of lack out good parts for the males :( I hate that -_-

pinkace
Apr 24, 2009, 07:15 PM
Ok, so I am thinking:

Beast = Wartecher
Newman = Acrotecher
Cast = Acrofighter
Human = Fighunner

What do you think?

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 24, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ok, so I am thinking:

Beast = Wartecher
Newman = Acrotecher
Cast = Acrofighter
Human = Fighunner

What do you think?

Newman= Acrotecher, masterforce, fortetecher
Beast= Fortefighter, fightmaster ( The damage you do is epic )
Cast= fortegunner ,gunmaster ,fightgunner
human= anything

Its that easy srly.:chuck-ball:

Majarra
Apr 24, 2009, 08:19 PM
Newman= masterforce, fortetecher
Beast= ha
Cast= all classes except MF and FT
human= ha

Its that easy srly.:chuck-ball:fixed.

Majarra
Apr 24, 2009, 08:37 PM
cool. in like 1-2 more years? anyway the TC is asking what the best races are. Simple. Newman for teching. CAST for everything else.

pinkace
Apr 24, 2009, 08:43 PM
so the concensus is there is no concensus?

I will go with my plan then:

Newman Acrotecher, Cast Acrofighter, Beast Wartecher, Human Figunner

who will get all my axes? :(

ShonagarACE
Apr 24, 2009, 10:21 PM
so the concensus is there is no concensus?

I will go with my plan then:

Newman Acrotecher, Cast Acrofighter, Beast Wartecher, Human Figunner

who will get all my axes? :(

If your CAST is already a Fighgunner, Guntecher is a decent choice too.

Ethateral
Apr 24, 2009, 10:41 PM
Use female cast then. They are slightly weaker than males, but they do have better stamina.

And better defense than their male counterpart, apparently. At least when I compared my stats to my friend. He's a level 20 FM, male CAST. XD

unicorn
Apr 24, 2009, 10:46 PM
Human : Acrofighter, Acrotecher, Wartecher, Guntecher
Newman : Fortetecher and Masterforce
Beast : Acrofighter, Fighgunner, Fortefighter, Fighmaster, Fortegunner
CAST : Fortegunner, Gunmaster, Fortefighter, Fighmaster, Protranser

pinkace
Apr 24, 2009, 11:29 PM
Let me present the question from a different angle. I will put in parentheses the race I prefer for each class, and the three classes I am most seriously looking at.

Would Wartecher be better on a Newman or a Beast? (prefer Newman)

Would Acrofighter be better on a Cast or a Beast? (tossup between the two)

Would Acrotecher be better on a Newman, Cast or Beast? (tossup as well)

I will change my level 86 F Newman from level 20 FT to WT unless anyone thinks I am making a huge mistake, or if there is some obscure stat boost for sticking a race to a certain class. (Also, by making my Newman to WT, I keep MF open for the future).

Thanks for the input :)

unicorn
Apr 25, 2009, 12:22 AM
Would Wartecher be better on a Newman or a Beast? (prefer Newman)

Would Acrofighter be better on a Cast or a Beast? (tossup between the two)

Would Acrotecher be better on a Newman, Cast or Beast? (tossup as well)

Beast WT is obviously stronger than Newman, and will kill things faster. However, I prefer Newman WT because its much more versatile than Beast as a WT. Beast would actually be my last choice, only because CAST is supportive with SUV. It really depends on what you want to do though.

I prefer Acrofighter for Beast only because Beasts have slightly more ATP and TP than CASTs. Of course, SUV is broken, so it offsets that. But I don't like to rely on a racial ability for damage.

I don't like Acrotecher on Newmans that much only because AT favors Human too much. Otherwise Newman is a close second. CASTs make really good ATs apparently too(I had one back in the day). And there are a alot of Female Beast ATs out there as well.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter what you pick for hybrids. Those are my opinions, but they change all the time. Sometimes I favor Beast Guntecher, other times I favor CAST Guntecher, etc. I think the Hybrids do a pretty good job catering to each of the races. The only combinations I would tell you to not look at are CAST MF/FT.

Kazemi
Apr 25, 2009, 06:21 AM
all you need to is:
1) outside of newman fighter and cast techer there really isn't anything so gimp that you want to kill yourself while playing it.
2) ignore anyone that says other wise (especially inazuma) since nothing demands perfected stats except TAing which is only rewarding in flaunting off your ego.

personally, i just use whatever class seems fitting to the char i made on the basis of rping. this is an rpg afterall.

Talise
Apr 25, 2009, 07:07 PM
super luu pretty much got things right, at least that's what I'd lean towards. According to your first selection of classes, AF for beast, GT for CAST, WT for Newman, and PT for Newman I guess?

I made these choices based on the classes you wanted to play. Normally I'd push for a human WT but humans are the best class for protranser, and this gives you a better mix of classes. Since the stats update CAST isn't really that bad at technics, but you're going to be maining gun still. Beasts have the ATP for AF. Even if they dun get a good bonus with it, they'll still outdamage other races with it. Newman WT might be pretty weak, I recommend playing AT more, but give it a try =3

Genoa
Apr 26, 2009, 01:23 AM
Wow this game is so easy, lets make it easier by only playing cast and newman!
Way to go people! <______<
This game is so easy, you can't pick a single race combination that can't clear a room with the proper equipment/pa's.

Talise
Apr 26, 2009, 02:30 AM
Just what are you trying to get at...? If you have the PROPER equipment/PA's you SHOULDN'T be able to clear A room? That'd be insanely hard difficulty, not normal difficulty. Maybe you're just whining about it being easy because you've already maxed out everything and are using the PROPER element armor/weapons fighting against something that's not even 20 levels above you?

Gibdozer
Apr 27, 2009, 05:33 PM
Just wanted to get an opinion 'poll' of sorts going: what race is best suited to Guntecher, Wartecher, Fighunner, Acrotecher and Acrofighter?

I have all female chars, one for each race. I want to swap around, right now I have a Beast Fortefighter, Newman Fortetecher, Cast Fortegunner, and Human Fighunner.

I was going to make my Beast a Fighmaster, but I am not so sure anymore. So here are my choices:

Female Beast: Acrofighter or Wartecher?
Female Newman: Acrotecher or Wartecher?
Female Cast: Guntecher or ... something else?
Female Human: Acrofighter or Protranser or Wartecher?

I am leaning towards Wartecher mainly because of Twinclaws and Knuckles, but there are so many choices! as you can see, I am lost again (see my previous thread on Fighmaster, which devolved into a general board spat).

I am sorry to keep making these, thanks in advance for any tips/ideas. Just don't send me to www.lmgtfy.com :(

Right now with MP coming so easy level a couple classes up to 10 or so and see what you like best. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with Acrofighter or Wartecher on any race/gender combo.