PDA

View Full Version : PS:Zero,Prequel? Sequel? Spin Off?

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 25, 2009, 12:26 PM
Sorry for the new thread people (not much action here anyways, what a shame) but for some reason, by DSi times out when I type a reply inside a thread, so when I post it, it asks me to log in, then it logs in and my reply is erased, I retype it and it asks me to log in, its a very frustrating cycle :( so if I dont respond, now you know why... lol im here people, trust me, and I appreciate your help :)

(how do I get an icon here?)

ANYWAYS DOWN TO BUISNESS!

PS:Online had a Level max of 200...is Zero the same? I hope so...

If all 3 characters saved to the Zero cartridge share an Item storage (which is convenient as hell) I hope it can hold more than 200 items (PS:Online) it better be more like..600 or atleast 400...right? Cuz I know I like to collect 1 of every Special Weapon, and stock up on grinders and what not...anybody know what the bank limit is?

Will there be theives and what not online due to hacking like in Online Ep1&2?

Hunters Guild (side)Quests? W/ DLC? lol yeah right huh

Thanks Again :)

furrypaws
Apr 25, 2009, 12:34 PM
The character cap is level 100 in this game, and it can apparently be reached in a month of spamming (but most people are sick of the game by then) or two months of casual play. I haven't played the game myself, but that seems to be the general consensus. This seems to be a watered down, portable version of Phantasy Star Online with a couple features from Phantasy Star Universe tossed in there.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 25, 2009, 12:57 PM
ONLY A 100?! WTF

you say it can be reached in a month..spamming? How do you spam in a Phantasy Star game...I dont get it...

w/out spamming, how long will it take to max out a character?

thanks Furrypaws

furrypaws
Apr 25, 2009, 10:41 PM
I mean like devoting every hour of your time to the most EXP saturated levels.

I think the general consensus was that if you played an hour or two (or three) a day, you'd probably hit cap in about two months.

I personally think this is a lot, especially for 64mb. Who knows, maybe we'll see a future version on the Wii or a future version with DSi content. This will most likely end up with a sequel eventually, that's for sure.

cApNhOwDy
Apr 26, 2009, 01:49 AM
This will most likely end up with a sequel eventually, that's for sure.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 26, 2009, 12:54 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Well hold on there.. Technically, Zero is a Prequel to Phantasy Star on Genesis, so there is a sequel! Several actually, all the way up to 4 on Genesis...

But seriously, Im already hoping for a Phantasy Star Zero Episode 2 *crosses fingers :)

I cant find a good enough hands on preview/review of zero in english, IGN, Gamespot, gamefaqs, cheapassgamer, gamer limit, 1up, they all were a little helpful, i dunno, i just cant get enough info to satisfy my appetite for Zero :(

Niered
Apr 26, 2009, 11:04 PM
ONLY A 100?! WTF

you say it can be reached in a month..spamming? How do you spam in a Phantasy Star game...I dont get it...

w/out spamming, how long will it take to max out a character?

thanks Furrypaws

You realize that a level cap is almost entirely aesthetic right? As in it takes a huge amount of time to get to level 80 in WoW, but just because the level cap is lower doesnt mean squat?

But I have heard its much faster to reach level 100 in PSZ than it was in PSO v.1. But thats to be expected, since developers tend to see handhelds as less of a time investment than console games. I find that ideology HUGELY flawed, as do many others, but if you want a handheld that eschews that system, go out and buy Shining Soul 2. That game actually took effort to cap a character.

Dammit Atlus, just announce Shining Soul 3 for DS with WiFi already. And on top of that why not you actually market for once?!

cApNhOwDy
Apr 27, 2009, 03:07 AM
Well hold on there.. Technically, Zero is a Prequel to Phantasy Star on Genesis, so there is a sequel! Several actually, all the way up to 4 on Genesis...

No it's not.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 27, 2009, 02:03 PM
No it's not.

LMAO, ummmm yes it is...Zero takes place atleast a thousand years before Phantasy Star on genesis, the reason I know that is because Dark Falz returns every 1K years, plus they speak about the times on Earth in PS 1 and 2 and 3, had you actually played the genesis games youd know that... its not called Zero for nothing.... LOL @ you saying its not with no explanation.... you fail sir

Afterburn
Apr 27, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hmm... I really hope this game is not something I'll get bored of in a few months. I plan to put as much time as I did into PSO into PSZ. And PSO lasted for years. One of my main hopes is that they'll make a better console version than PSU for wii, so that it'll have free online features. :)

R3volver
Apr 27, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hmm... I really hope this game is not something I'll get bored of in a few months. I plan to put as much time as I did into PSO into PSZ. And PSO lasted for years. One of my main hopes is that they'll make a better console version than PSU for wii, so that it'll have free online features. :)

You're dreaming.

Afterburn
Apr 27, 2009, 04:13 PM
Really? You don't think that they'll make one for the wii? I actually wouldn't doubt it.

Weeaboolits
Apr 27, 2009, 06:38 PM
A console version would be rather nice, since my only real gripes with the game are primarily due to things that plague handhelds, such as not being able to move with the menu open due to only having a d-pad and no analog, you can't use it for both at once, or having to use hold a button while pressing triggers to turn the camera, a few more buttons could iron that out, that and not being limited to the DS's screen would mean higher resolution textures.

I'm not counting on it happening, but it would be nice, especially if you could transfer your data from the DS or something.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, it hasn't even been localized yet, it's a bit soon to be thinking about that sort of thing.

furrypaws
Apr 27, 2009, 07:32 PM
LMAO, ummmm yes it is...Zero takes place atleast a thousand years before Phantasy Star on genesis, the reason I know that is because Dark Falz returns every 1K years, plus they speak about the times on Earth in PS 1 and 2 and 3, had you actually played the genesis games youd know that... its not called Zero for nothing.... LOL @ you saying its not with no explanation.... you fail sir

Sega has announced plenty of times that this has no ties whatsoever (storywise) to any other Phantasy Star game. I'm sure people will try to connect them, and Sega will put a reference or two in there, but this is not part of the original Phantasy Star saga, nor is it part of the Phantasy Star Online storyline, nor is it part of the Phantasy Star Universe storyline.

The real reason for the 0? Well, Sega said something along the lines of that they were renovating it or something, but it's fairly obvious. Look at the similarity between
PSO
and
PS0. Not only in title, but gameplay-wise as well.

To be honest, I prefer handheld games that aren't all encompassing 10,000 hour games. I have consoles for that. My handhelds are primarily for car rides and other transportation, so this should actually suit me quite nicely.

As for the sequel, I would probably expect one, but first we'll have to watch the sales. Since this is being considered a different branch than PSO, it'll probably get at least one sequel somewhere sometime. I'm only saying this based on previous experience (look at PSO and PSU, PSO=lol for sequels). I'd say it has more chance than a PSU Wii version to be honest.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 27, 2009, 08:36 PM
Sega has announced plenty of times that this has no ties whatsoever (storywise) to any other Phantasy Star game. I'm sure people will try to connect them, and Sega will put a reference or two in there, but this is not part of the original Phantasy Star saga, nor is it part of the Phantasy Star Online storyline, nor is it part of the Phantasy Star Universe storyline.

The real reason for the 0? Well, Sega said something along the lines of that they were renovating it or something, but it's fairly obvious. Look at the similarity between
PSO
and

To be honest, I prefer handheld games that aren't all encompassing 10,000 hour games. I have consoles for that. My handhelds are primarily for car rides and other transportation, so this should actually suit me quite nicely.

As for the sequel, I would probably expect one, but first we'll have to watch the sales. Since this is being considered a different branch than PSO, it'll probably get at least one sequel somewhere sometime. I'm only saying this based on previous experience (look at PSO and PSU, PSO=lol for sequels). I'd say it has more chance than a PSU Wii version to be honest.

Dude, it has to be connected, Dark Falz, and the fact it takes place on Earth, where everybody decended from in the Genesis games, they cant talk about earth on the genisis, and then make Zero, which takes place on Earth, and say its not connected, thats total BS... lol Sega is full of **** lol, they have to be connected, ofcourse not characterwise cuz they possibly cant live that long...but the fact that it takes place on Earth is proof enough... if Dark Falz wasnt in Zero..and it wasnt on Earth, then id believe you, but in the long run it seems to connect without even trying... Im not trying to call you out or insinuate your lying lol.. but you have to see where im coming from lol it fits together so nicely with the Genesis games...not PS0, get me?

Randomness
Apr 27, 2009, 09:15 PM
So any RPG that takes place on a fictional Earth is connected to Phantasy Star? Falz can be renamed, maybe its some recently-prevalent myth, but theres a dark god somewhere, so it's Falz, right?

Reductio ad absurdum, ergo you're wrong.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 27, 2009, 11:44 PM
Oh my god this is hilarious, first of all, whoever just posted right above me, that isnt what I said at all, lol so dont take what I say out of context and try and do whatever you just tried to do... Im talking about PS, not "any" game as you put it...PFFFT

anyways..back to this discussion :)

In the Genesis Phantasy Stars there were casts and humans and newmans battling for survival with PHOTON and moved from planet to planet plagued by Dark Falz whom they could never escape from. In Phantasy Star 2, they speak about how their people (descendents) thousands of years ago lost their homeworld..EARTH. It was ravaged by Dark Falz...

Obviously its connected, they are barely discovering Photon, they are on Earth, Dark Falz is the final boss, its called Zero.... I mean WTF people...

I want to see a link where it says that this game is in no way connected to Phantasy Star 1,2,3/Genesis..

What you guys are telling me just doesnt make sense people, and your not making it make sense, so explain please...

I can connect the dots, lol you just cant disconnect them

And if it wasnt related why is it numbered... why isnt it called Portable or DS or Online or Universe or some other spin off title name lol

Weeaboolits
Apr 28, 2009, 06:22 AM
Just because it has some recycled names doesn't mean it's on the same continuity, that's like trying to lump all the Final Fantasies into one continuity because they all contain a character named Cid.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 28, 2009, 10:28 AM
(Thanks to the Mod for combining my responses :) )

anyways..

*sighs*, no it isnt like saying all the FFs are connected because of Cid at all.. thats stupid

Obviously im the only one who knows anything here... I had high hopes for this forum, you guys dont see the grand spectrum, and im being ganged up on in here and it annoys me lol... the little quests and characters and whatever the story between these characters is in Zero, ofcourse that isnt connected.. but THE BIG PICTURE, Earth, Photon, Falz the destruction ofEarth, is all related to PS 1,2,3,4 and nothing you can say or some Sega rep thats only worked there for a year and hasnt played the games will change that...

Im ****ing out of here, this place sucks more than IGN *waves

Greyman
Apr 28, 2009, 10:47 AM

PSO
and

Agreed, Sega in my eyes are notoriously known for milking a franchise til it's dead if PSZ sells decently they'll no doubt make a sequel or "Plus Version" even if it doesn't make it outside of Japan. If there's a profit to be made, a sequel will be close behide.

Obviously im the only one who knows anything here... I had high hopes for this forum, you guys dont see the grand spectrum, and im being ganged up on in here and it annoys me lol... the little quests and characters and whatever the story between these characters is in Zero, ofcourse that isnt connected.. but THE BIG PICTURE, Earth, Photon, Falz the destruction ofEarth, is all related to PS 1,2,3,4 and nothing you can say or some Sega rep thats only worked there for a year and hasnt played the games will change that...

Nobody is ganging up on you. From what we've been told by Sega the game has no relation to past game's storyline, meaning canon wise while it may have elements connecting it to what Phantasy Star is about (e.g. Falz), they're completely seperate. Naturally Sega did toss in some fanservice but "Officially" the plots are seperate and while you may think otherwise most will go what the creators say over you.

Niered
Apr 28, 2009, 11:34 AM

http://super-genius.org/images/wambulance.jpg

"And nothing of value was lost."

landman
Apr 28, 2009, 11:56 AM
Nobody is ganging up on you. From what we've been told by Sega the game has no relation to past game's storyline, meaning canon wise while it may have elements connecting it to what Phantasy Star is about (e.g. Falz), they're completely seperate. Naturally Sega did toss in some fanservice but "Officially" the plots are seperate and while you may think otherwise most will go what the creators say over you.
Actually, those who can understand written Japanese have already confirmed this game is a direct sequel to PSO [spoiler-box]According to some mission, they called the Earth differently in the past and it was Coral[/spoiler-box]

Greyman
Apr 28, 2009, 12:24 PM
Actually, those who can understand written Japanese have already confirmed this game is a direct sequel to PSO [spoiler-box]According to some mission, they called the Earth differently in the past and it was Coral[/spoiler-box]

While I dont actually own the game (waiting for English release) that could again be considered fanservice nor are you able to confirm yourself (friend of a friend etc)? Not saying your wrong but until Sega comes outright and says "This is a prequel/sequel to this" the only information we really have is that it's a stand alone new story.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152267&page=7

Last Post

(The presentation begins with a question to the producer from the MC.)

Q: What is the meaning behind the title, "Phantasy Star Zero?"
A: We wanted to create a completely new game, with new characters, a new
story and a new world. It's called "Phantasy Star Zero" because we aimed to
return to the feel of the original work.

landman
Apr 28, 2009, 01:02 PM
Of course it is an stand alone story, but yet it has an official direct connection in the game to a previous tittle, and the plot in both games fit: Coral in war, a plan to emigrate to Ragol / Civilization on Earth raising again 200 years after a great war.

We will just have to wait and see if the English translation reflects the same statement.

Greyman
Apr 28, 2009, 02:32 PM
It does fit I will agree but if what you've said is true it's merely the name "Coral" and the rest is an assumption but a very good assumption at that. Sega stated it's a "New World" as in "New Universe" meaning both stories are in seperate worlds, it's similar to PSU (Which I've only played offline so correct me if I'm wrong) the weapons from PSO are "said to have appeared from a dimensional rift deep inside a RELICS site" while it could be argued PSU is PSO in the future really they're just little things tossed in the game for fanservice so players can make a link with the Phantasy Star Series itself, otherwise they'd all just be different games with the same name no?

Really though, not that it's a stupid arguement but in a sense we're both right as it can be argued either way. Really all that matters at this point in my eyes is if Sega has made another great game within the Phantasy Star Saga.

furrypaws
Apr 28, 2009, 05:44 PM
If that's true, Sega's probably purposely trying to make it just as much as PSO as they possibly can.

They said they weren't connecting it. If anything, connecting the stories would sell it better, so there's no reason for them to lie about that. They're going to throw as much fanservice in there as possible and push it right up to the line of being connected, but keep their toes right on it as long as they can.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 28, 2009, 08:41 PM

anyways..

*sighs*, no it isnt like saying all the FFs are connected because of Cid at all.. thats stupid

WOW did it ever occur to you A. Sega made the game and can say that it's not connected or is B. Almost every game takes place on Earth C. The Zero is probably only to sound cool to the younger kids

psofan219
Apr 28, 2009, 10:49 PM
[/QUOTE]Phantasy Star™ Ų takes place on an alternate Earth 200 years after the “Great Blank,” a massive war that has reduced the once-prosperous civilization to almost nothing. The sole surviving Humans have worked hard to exist peacefully and have built thriving Cities. The Humans that adventure past the outskirts of these Cities, called Hunters, explore the vast wilderness and hunt dangerous monsters to keep Cities safe. Players will take up the role of Hunters and select from three types of races and different classes, as well as gender for a total of 14 customizable character types. Each character type will play very differently and give players access to a great range of items, armor and weapons. Featuring over 350 unique weapons, gamers will venture out on “Earth”, combat dangerous monsters to gain experience and meet new major characters. As players explore further, they will unravel the mystery of the “Great Blank” and discover a dangerous new force that must be stopped.[/QUOTE]

This was taken directly from Sega's site. Don't believe me:
http://www.sega.com/games/phantasy-star-zero/

Enough said.

landman
Apr 29, 2009, 12:04 AM
If that's true, Sega's probably purposely trying to make it just as much as PSO as they possibly can.

They said they weren't connecting it. If anything, connecting the stories would sell it better, so there's no reason for them to lie about that. They're going to throw as much fanservice in there as possible and push it right up to the line of being connected, but keep their toes right on it as long as they can.
It would sell more to someone who played this game 8 years ago, but not much to someone who hasn't, they have made it PSO style in gameplay, isn't that enough reason for you to buy it? they also put a name that will remember PSO (PSŲ), but new players in the franchise (specially on DS) may be less attracted to a secuel to some game they have never played than to a ney stand alone title.

zandra117
Apr 29, 2009, 02:39 AM
In the Genesis Phantasy Stars there were casts and humans and newmans battling for survival with PHOTON and moved from planet to planet plagued by Dark Falz whom they could never escape from.

:barf: You have never actually played the original Phantasy Star games have you?

That reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb2GmBkkaTU

Gemel
Apr 29, 2009, 03:03 AM
I coulda sworn they said there was a hint that the game was connected to PSO at their Christmas party thing, or was that just some kind of fanservice?

I searched and found this thread.

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155885&highlight=Christmas+Party

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 29, 2009, 01:11 PM
LMAO

So they are saying its a direct sequel to PSO now? What did they lose their knowledge and barely rediscover Photon? They fall asleep on Ragol and wake up on Earth thousands of years in the past?

TO ME, When Sega says Zero has a new story, they mean between the characters and crap, new characters? well no **** sherlock that doesnt mean it isnt connected...

Im on DSi so i cant link unless I remember the URL by heart and it aint gonna happen, but Ambition of the Illuminous Blog writes how Zero "ties up loose ends"

I just think its so freakin retarded to hear of Earth in PS History, and here they are making a game called Zero, and everyone looks the other way like its no big deal, like its not a prequel, cuz Sega said it has new characters and a new story...ofcourse its a new Story, you wont be hearing about Dezo, Mota, Ragol etc etc in Zero cuz that hasnt happened yet.... Does that mean this Earth isnt the very same Earth in 2... no but evidently you guys think diffeently..PFFFT what is so hard to grasp about that people? I mean....LMAO

(and lol@the lame who said they called it Zero to appeal to children)

OH AND FINALLY SOME SMART PEOPLE JOINED THE CONVO *claps, you know who you are :) ^^

Musekaze
Apr 29, 2009, 02:10 PM
Quintus, has it ever occured to you that despite Earth, Dark Falz, Photon, wars, and etc, it doesn't mean they're connected. In every single Legend of Zelda game there's Link, Zelda, and Gannondorf, yet none of the games are connected in the slightest bit? Of course with exception of Ages/Seasons, Ocarina/Majora, and Windwaker/Phantom Hourglass.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 29, 2009, 03:04 PM
Quintus, has it ever occured to you that despite Earth, Dark Falz, Photon, wars, and etc, it doesn't mean they're connected. In every single Legend of Zelda game there's Link, Zelda, and Gannondorf, yet none of the games are connected in the slightest bit? Of course with exception of Ages/Seasons, Ocarina/Majora, and Windwaker/Phantom Hourglass.

LOL quite a number of exceptions..btw you forgot 2 exceptions, the original Zelda and Zelda 2, next time you try and use a series of games that arent suppossed to be connected to prove Zero isnt connected dont list multiple "exceptions", cuz more of the series is connected with eachother than not sir..*laughs, you might be actually helping me instead of yourself...

just tell me..why cant the Earth in Zero be the Earth spoken of in PS2 specifically...just tell me why not instead of just basically saying "no" all the time, cuz this is going nowhere...

Niered
Apr 29, 2009, 05:19 PM
Just an fyi, it really doesnt help me see your side of the arguement when you begin every comment with LOL, LMAO, or WTF.

It really just makes me wish you had gone away with the wambulance.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 29, 2009, 10:00 PM
Just an fyi, it really doesnt help me see your side of the arguement when you begin every comment with LOL, LMAO, or WTF.

It really just makes me wish you had gone away with the wambulance. and blah blah blah blah blah nothing I said is counter-pointing anything blah blah blah

What makes me LMAO is your weak hour log in your sig, thats hardly time to be flaunting :)

And your argument is more solid? Is that it? You still havent explained how Earth (Zero) isnt the very same Earth in 2, or the planet they cruise up on at the very end of 4, tell me why these are all not the same Earth, I dont see Sega recycling that location around just for the heck of it... my point is that there is a "timeline" if you will in PS, and Zer0 may be the beginning of it...

Now do your part and turn what I said upside down with some compelling facts like the open minded gentlemen with the PSO to Zero connecting evidence above and make this an argument, or are you going to shove that 2 year old description of Zero on Sega's website down my throat? Like that old pre game release sentence explains the whole story of Zero severing it from the Genesis sagas.. *laughs ^^

BUT seriously people, We need some experienced Zero players in here that can hands down shine the light on the subject..

Niered
Apr 29, 2009, 10:43 PM
What makes me LMAO is your weak hour log in your sig, thats hardly time to be flaunting :)

And your argument is more solid? Is that it? You still havent explained how Earth (Zero) isnt the very same Earth in 2, or the planet they cruise up on at the very end of 4, tell me why these are all not the same Earth, I dont see Sega recycling that location around just for the heck of it... my point is that there is a "timeline" if you will in PS, and Zer0 may be the beginning of it...

Now do your part and turn what I said upside down with some compelling facts like the open minded gentlemen with the PSO to Zero connecting evidence above and make this an argument, or are you going to shove that 2 year old description of Zero on Sega's website down my throat? Like that old pre game release sentence explains the whole story of Zero severing it from the Genesis sagas.. *laughs ^^

BUT seriously people, We need some experienced Zero players in here that can hands down shine the light on the subject..

But...but i never took sides in the debate D:

And that hour thing? I can one-up you on that, but I think its best if I do it in a way you may better connect with. *ahem*

"LOL your post count is so weak its like you dont even know what this forum is about and that their are so many people that have spent the last year tracking this game who probably know more than you as evidenced by your incessant questions LMAO ^^ :))))))))

Gemel
Apr 29, 2009, 11:03 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Really even if the proof is obvious to some that the games are connected it's not going to be believable for others. I guess what I'm trying to say is we all have opinions that don't agree so really there probably isn't much reason to argue and point out playtime (I bet I got more minutes under my belt anyway! j/k)

landman
Apr 30, 2009, 12:13 AM
It's provably the same Earth, but yet, we don't know WHEN does this connection occur. We could say there is a connection, since there are humans in all of them, and humans come from Earth or wherever else they come, but yet we don't know when this connection takes place, it could be millennia before OR after.

The classic end that connects with Earth is PSIII, not 4, and it connects with somewhat of a "present" Earth.

PSŲ IS connected to PSO, it is said in the game, and it was confirmed by Sonic Team after the release of the game. Check Gemel link. But this Zero is not the origin of the entire saga, it's just the origin of PSO, not in time, but in place.

psofan219
Apr 30, 2009, 12:29 AM
It doesn't. There's no connection. At least according to the following information, and link to prove it.

(Quote)The game takes place in an all-new continuity, albeit one that is heavily inspired by Phantasy Star Online. As such, the game has no meaningful story ties to the Phantasy Star Universe series (or any other existing Phantasy Star game, for that matter).

The official site states the name ZERO is intended to invoke a feeling of 'a return to the origin.' The developers have also said that they chose the abbreviation PS0 deliberately to emphasize the connection to Phantasy Star Online.(Quote)

http://psupedia.info/PS0:Phantasy_Star_Zero

I should've read the other information I posted more closely before posting it. It didn't quite help at all (and I was also tired at that time, so I didn't feel like reading). This however, does. I also took the liberty of bolding some of the more interesting parts of the info.

landman
Apr 30, 2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I read that before it was posted in the psupedia. I also read that the next days the game was released:

At the Christmas party that Sega had to launch PSZ, there was a question and answer session. One question asked was "Is there any connection/relation (story-wise) between Phantasy Star Zero and older Phantasy Star games?" to which Sakai answered:

"We announced before that there was no connection between PSZ and the other PS games, but... if you do the quests after you finish the game, and read the story text carefully, I think you will discover that there is some relationship there."

What do you think?

Source (http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20081226/psz.htm)

And then some people confirmed this:

Apparently according to some script in one of the later quests:
The name of the planet PS Zero takes place on is Coral, the war-torn homeworld that Pioneer 1 and Pioneer 2 left in search of a new home (and found Ragol). Thus making PS Zero a prequel to PSO.

I cant read Japanese so I dont know firsthand but thats what someone said.
sodandy, you beat me to it. Just finished that quest last night! I was way shocked when I read it! I was like no way! Freak yeah! Alright, everyone, think about it... PS0 is based totally on PSO, right? Sega even said they made it to appeal to PSO fans. And PS0, the ZERO, implies a prequel, don't you think? There's more interesting info in that quest, but I'll let you all find out when the Eng. version comes out. Dang, I'm impressed with this game. Not as much as PSO, but still impressed.
I just don't think it's a prequel, but a sequel that takes place in the original home world.

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 30, 2009, 02:05 AM
It's provably the same Earth, but yet, we don't know WHEN does this connection occur. We could say there is a connection, since there are humans in all of them, and humans come from Earth or wherever else they come, but yet we don't know when this connection takes place, it could be millennia before OR after.

The classic end that connects with Earth is PSIII, not 4, and it connects with somewhat of a "present" Earth.

PSŲ IS connected to PSO, it is said in the game, and it was confirmed by Sonic Team after the release of the game. Check Gemel link. But this Zero is not the origin of the entire saga, it's just the origin of PSO, not in time, but in place.

^^ yup your right, after I posted my comment I was like Doh! I put 4 and not 3, im glad your here to atleast confirm that, and thank you for not writing off so quickly that its not the same Earth like PSOfan219..

@ Gemel, thanks for the link man, its appreciated *reads*

@ Neired... my post count being low is meaningless, I have thousands of posts @ IGN a more reputable (not saying their better) site, I was hoping to maybe fit in here, but I guess no A-Holes allowed eh? ;)

Musekaze
Apr 30, 2009, 07:22 AM
My point being was, outside of the connected games, Ocarina/Majora is not in anyway connected to... say windwaker/phantom.

Anywho, I despise mindless bantering like this so I have no idea why I got involved anyway. Not to mention the fact that the first PS game I played was PSO:GC and I probably didn't even break 1k hrs on that. Maybe 500 hrs.... so yes, my knowledge of the story is limited, not that I ever payed attention anyway.

But yes, Segac is known to having false promises and deliberately lying to us on many occasions, so why is is such a controversy about whether the PS games are all connected or not? I really don't care as PSO never had much of a story in the first place. Perhaps I'll track down PS Classic for GBA and play through them to better educate myself. (this is what I get for being D&D nerd and reading too much on Cormyrian lore...)

Quintus_The_Force
Apr 30, 2009, 11:41 AM
My point being was, outside of the connected games, Ocarina/Majora is not in anyway connected to... say windwaker/phantom.

Anywho, I despise mindless bantering like this so I have no idea why I got involved anyway. Not to mention the fact that the first PS game I played was PSO:GC and I probably didn't even break 1k hrs on that. Maybe 500 hrs.... so yes, my knowledge of the story is limited, not that I ever payed attention anyway.

But yes, Segac is known to having false promises and deliberately lying to us on many occasions, so why is is such a controversy about whether the PS games are all connected or not? I really don't care as PSO never had much of a story in the first place. Perhaps I'll track down PS Classic for GBA and play through them to better educate myself. (this is what I get for being D&D nerd and reading too much on Cormyrian lore...)

Heh I see what ur sayin about the Zeldas now lol

Ya know what, this whole thing got started when someone said something like "I hope they make a sequel" and I was like hold on there, kinda funny actually thining about the start of this mess, I dunno how I do it, plus people seem to flock to the chaos and drama on the boards so it gets entertaining to watch...

Ive never played those Online Episodes 3 and 4 wasnt it? The ones on the Crater and like..something else I dunno, (uh oh Crater...moon..crater...moon...Zero? JK) and I never played Universe or Portable, so Theres alot I dont know aswell...

So how do you register friends or WUL (IGN) people on here? What board do you guys post at most cuz this ones kinda slow? Is there a community board here?

DeathMachine
Apr 30, 2009, 12:46 PM

Actually,...Windwaker is connected with Ocarina of Time. And PSO had a decent story, but you had to do quests to get all of it.

I wouldn't be suprised to see that Zero is tied into other Phantasy Stars, albeit in a convoluted or hidden manner. You guys (not saying all of you) need to stop being so close minded on a particular opinion. Have your opinion, but be open to say that the other argument may possibly be right.

And quit fighting and picking inane things to fight with each other over! (ie: post count, hours, etc.) *You know who I'm talking to...*

The Starbird
Apr 30, 2009, 02:33 PM
Well, I can see where anybody would think that this is a prequel to Phantasy Star for the Master System with the name Zero. I've discussed the linkage between the original PS series and PSO in this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157478&page=3

Though I know Sega says that this game isn't linked, some people (like myself) may try to connect them. Here are a couple possibilities that I see (keep in mind that I am waiting for the English release, so this is highly unproven but a theory based on the PS timeline, what I discussed in the thread above, and what is known about Earth in the Phantasy Star story.

If it is a prequel to Phantasy Star, it would most likely actually take place during the same time-frame as Phantasy Star and before Phantasy Star II.
[SPOILER-BOX]According to http://www.sega.com/games/phantasy-star-zero/, the game takes place on an alternate Earth to our own. In Phantasy Star II, the Earthlings came to Algo after they had "destroyed" their own planet. According to the website, this could be a piece of that information known as the "Great Blank". The planet itself wasn't destroyed, but the population was. Now according to my theory, Earth got their advanced technology from the Alisa III, the Palma spaceship that traveled through time and space in a black hole at the end of Phantasy Star III in Aron's Ending (which Palma was originally destroyed by Dark Force, but the black hole creates a split in the timeline... again, read the mentioned thread). So using this technology, the humans of earth ended up in a huge war and laid waste to their own planet. The greater humans escaped on the Spaceship Noah and made its way back to Algo to create the Mother Brain and find a place to create the Newman experiment (Neifirst). Perhaps the lesser humans either died or became what was left of the planet and forced to rebuild. The only hole I see though is how Newmans fit into this, as they were clearly created on Motavia after the Humans arrived. The only thing I can think of is that before the Great Blank, the humans experimented with altering human genes to create Newmans while on Earth and took some of their research with them to Algo. The remaining humans found the information and created Newmans on their own. [/SPOILER-BOX]

If this is a sequel to PSO, I'd have to wait until the english release to piece it together. The gameplay seems similar to PSO and they even use the same names as PSO like Human, CASTS, and Newman (in the original PS series, CASTS were either Cyborgs (PS3) or Androids (PS4) (though there were robots in PS1 and PS2, but they really didn't have independent thinking like the later models).

I'm probably leaning towards this being a sequel to PSO or its own independent franchise (much like PSO and PSU, but this is PSZ), but I will know for sure when I play it for myself. If Sega was really going to make a prequel to the original Phantasy Star series (which I believe held the best storyline out of all the PS games) they'd connect Algo into it somehow... but the thing is, most if not all of the Algo Saga's holes have been filled (since you do find out of Algo's Genesis, where Dark Force/Falz comes from, and other things), so why continue onto it unless you make a sequel to Phantasy Star IV. In reality though, I believe that the original PS series doesn't need a prequel... it would just raise up too many more questions.

Quintus_The_Force
May 1, 2009, 12:30 AM
That was awesome Starbird! Point and match right there, I think I can say its not a prequel like I originaly thought, and I like what Landman said about the Earth in Zero, its point of origin in place not time..

Dang its like 11pm or something where im at and ive been gettin blazed all day and im freakin tired *yawns* ^^

zandra117
May 2, 2009, 03:31 AM
WARNING MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS FOR PHANTASY STAR ZERO BELOW
[spoiler-box]The story revolves around characters who become entangled in a plot to wipe out "Earth", formerly known as Coral as revealed in a quest, by an evil supercomputer located on the Moon. Depending on whether the PC is Human, Newman, or Cast, the connection between the PC and some NPCs will change, but essentially the PC must fight successively harder enemies to clear out the areas surrounding a single city before moving to the moon and eventually confronting the supercomputer, Mother Trinity. It turns out that Mother Trinity was created by Humanity as part of Project MOTHER to help them build a more benevolent society but suddenly malfunctioned and killed off most of the population of Coral with a beam weapon attack that messed up the planet's ecosystem. Humanity was driven off of the planet or underground, all of the Newmans that may have been able to adapt to the harsh environent were slaughtered with brute force by mind hacked Casts. Afterwards the Casts were left immobile to slowly run down on the surface. This event is known as the Great Blank. In the 200 years between the Great Blank and the present time, Mother Trinity bred a new race of Newmans and taught them that Humanity wiped itself out in a frenzy of warfare. The majority of Newmans believe that they must destroy Humanity's technological capabilities in order to prevent another catastrophe like that which left the "Earth" nearly uninhabitable for hundreds of years.

When the game commences the ecosystem has stabilized and Humans are coming out of their underground shelters and beginning to build a new civilization. your character is either a Human, a Newman deployed from the Moon as part of an expeditionary force who suffers amnesia in a crash, or a memory wiped Cast who is reactivated by the main Newman NPC, Salisa. The player ends up joining the Hunters Guild along with Salisa and Kai, which leads to a series of adventures ultimately culminating in a confrontation with Mother Trinity, now considered a goddess by the Newmans of the Moon. Luckily there are a number of allies to meet, including Mayor Dairon, the ex-Hunters member who founded Dairon City, the new Human settlement; Ogi, a body-swapping Cast who wields bazookas and archaic dialects with equal ease; and Ana, the leader of a Newman resistance who is trying to free her race from Mother Trinity's control on the moon. In the end Mother Trinity was being controlled by a Dark Falz that had generated itself from the D-Cells used to power her core.[/spoiler-box]

landman
May 2, 2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the explanation, I played the whole game in Japanese and couldn't get all those details.

Quintus_The_Force
May 2, 2009, 08:36 AM
Dang it Zandra117, im on DSi so I cant like highlight that to make it visible :(

Anything you can do? Its much appreciated if so ^^

zandra117
May 2, 2009, 06:40 PM
Dang it Zandra117, im on DSi so I cant like highlight that to make it visible :(

Anything you can do? Its much appreciated if so ^^
I changed it to a spoiler box

The Starbird
May 2, 2009, 10:34 PM
Hmmmm... project Mother... supercomputer... I see a connection coming.

[SPOILER-BOX]
In PSO, the original home planet of the Pioneer 2 was indeed Coral. Coral was a planet far away from the original Algo system. In one of the quests in PSO, it is learned that the people of the Pioneer 1 and 2 were fleeing to find a new home because they were destroying themselves in their home planet of Coral. So by this evidence, PSZ is indeed a prequel to PSO.

What gets me right now is Mother Trinity, a supercomputer much like the original Mother Brain and her prototype "Daughter". Perhaps by playing more when the game comes out, they may indeed finally link Algo with Coral. It seems to me though that Coral was discovered by the people of Algo when their technology started to rise up again after Photons were discovered (probably thousands of years after PSIV). If that's the case, then perhaps while unearthing the remains of Paseo (which was Motavia's capitol in PS1 and PS2, but was missing in PS4, presumed destroyed or replaced by Aiedo), they discovered the Central Tower Library and the information of Mother Brain, Daughter, Seed (both of whom were smaller than Mother Brain), and thus tried to build another one named Mother Trinity, and much like Mother Brain, it began making the people of Coral weak and thus destroying themselves.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Perhaps this game can bring the connection together.

zandra117
May 3, 2009, 09:19 PM

[spoiler-box]
In PSO, the original home planet of the Pioneer 2 was indeed Coral. Coral was a planet far away from the original Algo system. In one of the quests in PSO, it is learned that the people of the Pioneer 1 and 2 were fleeing to find a new home because they were destroying themselves in their home planet of Coral. So by this evidence, PSZ is indeed a prequel to PSO.

What gets me right now is Mother Trinity, a supercomputer much like the original Mother Brain and her prototype "Daughter". Perhaps by playing more when the game comes out, they may indeed finally link Algo with Coral. It seems to me though that Coral was discovered by the people of Algo when their technology started to rise up again after Photons were discovered (probably thousands of years after PSIV). If that's the case, then perhaps while unearthing the remains of Paseo (which was Motavia's capitol in PS1 and PS2, but was missing in PS4, presumed destroyed or replaced by Aiedo), they discovered the Central Tower Library and the information of Mother Brain, Daughter, Seed (both of whom were smaller than Mother Brain), and thus tried to build another one named Mother Trinity, and much like Mother Brain, it began making the people of Coral weak and thus destroying themselves.
[/spoiler-box]

My theory about Coral was that it is the final settlement of the worldship NeoPalm that along with Alisa III is the last surviving worldships from planet Palma. Because the NeoPalm never had a Dark Force onboard they never fell into confusion so they kept their technological knowledge about stuff like mother brain, newmans, etc.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 4, 2009, 01:57 PM

Actually all the Zelda's are connected. twilight princess is like a hundred years or so after ocarina with new link but ganon breaks out of thesacred realm (which he was locked in in oot) and in some way all Zelda's are in the same world with different storys and sometimes new Links.

Skyly HUmar
May 4, 2009, 06:26 PM

But seriously, Im already hoping for a Phantasy Star Zero Episode 2 *crosses fingers :)

I cant find a good enough hands on preview/review of zero in english, IGN, Gamespot, gamefaqs, cheapassgamer, gamer limit, 1up, they all were a little helpful, i dunno, i just cant get enough info to satisfy my appetite for Zero :(

I thought PSZ was a prequel of PSO, since Nei was created in PS2 and Rika in PS4, theres no way it's a prequel of the classic series.

Skyly HUmar
May 4, 2009, 06:30 PM
My theory about Coral was that it is the final settlement of the worldship NeoPalm that along with Alisa III is the last surviving worldships from planet Palma. Because the NeoPalm never had a Dark Force onboard they never fell into confusion so they kept their technological knowledge about stuff like mother brain, newmans, etc.

But the Nei data was lost when Seed blew up in PS4, and there was no Newmen in PS3.

Skyly HUmar
May 4, 2009, 06:35 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Thi makes sense.

zandra117
May 4, 2009, 07:32 PM
But the Nei data was lost when Seed blew up in PS4, and there was no Newmen in PS3.

Actually there were newmen in PS3 but they were all enemies.

http://pscave.com/ps3/enemies/monsters/beastess.gifhttp://pscave.com/ps3/enemies/monsters/catwoman.gif

Also events in PS4 would not have effected PS3 other than the destruction of the Profound Darkness in PS4 causing PS3's Dark Force to value its own life and hide at the end of the game to return years later once it gains more strength. Because PS3 and PS4 take place mostly at the same time.

Skyly HUmar
May 4, 2009, 08:00 PM
Actually there were newmen in PS3 but they were all enemies.

http://pscave.com/ps3/enemies/monsters/beastess.gifhttp://pscave.com/ps3/enemies/monsters/catwoman.gif

Also events in PS4 would not have effected PS3 other than the destruction of the Profound Darkness in PS4 causing PS3's Dark Force to value its own life and hide at the end of the game to return years later once it gains more strength. Because PS3 and PS4 take place mostly at the same time.

I remember them, but I dont think their names were Newmen.

zandra117
May 4, 2009, 08:25 PM
I remember them, but I dont think their names were Newmen.
But they are Newmans, Newmans are simply Biomonster/Human hybrids. The original Neitype Newmans were created specifically to kill off the humans. Beasts in PSU are Newmans too, they are just called "Beasts" to differentiate between them and the other type of Newmans that exist at the same time. Catmen in PS2 are Newmans aswell, did you know that Nei and Neifirst were originally designed to have a tail?

landman
May 5, 2009, 12:20 AM
According to the Japanese instruction manual, the war between laia and orakio took place at the same time of PSIV, so PSIII takes place 1000 years after PSIV. That was changed in the American manuals thou.

And no doubt that Mother Trinity in Coral and Project MOTHER in Ragol are the same thing, but they are not reason enough to connect with Algol, in Gurhal there is also a MOTHER Brain and it has nothing to do with a human alien invasion like in PSII.

Skyly HUmar
May 5, 2009, 05:30 AM
According to the Japanese instruction manual, the war between laia and orakio took place at the same time of PSIV, so PSIII takes place 1000 years after PSIV. That was changed in the American manuals thou.

And no doubt that Mother Trinity in Coral and Project MOTHER in Ragol are the same thing, but they are not reason enough to connect with Algol, in Gurhal there is also a MOTHER Brain and it has nothing to do with a human alien invasion like in PSII.

When u fight mother in PSU it has that PS2 boss music no? Thats an obvious connection.

@ zandra, Yeah, I knew bout the tails, but I didnt know about the killing off Humans part o.o

landman
May 5, 2009, 07:57 AM
Yeah, and half the OST in PSO is taken from the original games, that's an obvious connection between Ragol and Algol :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIKck5Rdpc&feature=channel_page

Skyly HUmar
May 5, 2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, and half the OST in PSO is taken from the original games, that's an obvious connection between Ragol and Algol :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIKck5Rdpc&feature=channel_page

Never noticed that.

zandra117
May 5, 2009, 06:46 PM
When u fight mother in PSU it has that PS2 boss music no? Thats an obvious connection.

@ zandra, Yeah, I knew bout the tails, but I didnt know about the killing off Humans part o.o

Here is part of a translated scene from the Phantasy Star Memorial Drama CD. The PSM Drama CD is a direct prequal to Phantasy Star IV and it is an official part of Phantasy Star canon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_(series)#Phantasy_Star_Memorial_Dram a
I have edited it a tiny bit to change the Japanese names to their English version counterparts. (Rudy to Chaz)

In this scene Nei (NM-1153) after being helped by a young Chaz. Nei has left Chaz behind and she has infiltrated the Bio-Dome, where she was created, and is now talking with the computer that created her, Gene.

Gene: As a remaining system of the 'Great Collaspe', it is my task to perform Neitype research. You were created as a step towards birthing a new race capable of surviving the harsh enviroments following the 'Great Collaspe'.

Nei: Birthing a new race...? You created me for a reason like that?

Gene: Certainly, that is one reason.. However, I had another purpose for creating you.

Nei: Another purpose?

Gene: That is correct. That is, to wipe out human beings, the lesser lifeforms, from existence on this planet.

Nei: Why?

Gene: You should understand that already from seeing what the outside world is like. The destruction of the inferior species is only the natural choice by laws of nature. I made a judgment based on their incapability to survive, the NM-1000 Series will be used as a step towards conservation.

Nei: I'm beginning to remember more and more.. I'm even certain that I've heard those same words two years ago..

Gene: That's right, you were my ultimate masterpiece. To eliminate those archaeic humans, to open the doors to a new stage in history led by a bright, shining new race - for those reasons, you were born. ... Hmm? What happened to the ring on your neck?

Nei: Ring?

Gene: It seems to have come off somehow. Not only does that ring transmit a detailed current status of your body, it also has a built-in resonance-wave device that attracts bio-monsters.

Nei: ....So it really was the ring! So then, the reason why monsters randomly appeared wherever I went was all because of that ring. All because of that ring, grandfather was killed!

Gene: Killed? Is there something wrong with that? To manipulate bio-monsters and to cause the extinction of the human species; that is your mission. I have already made the appropriate preparations. I have successfully hacked into the main system's arsenal of weapons. Now then, under your command, go and wipe out the humans. Go out and create history as a new species, my daughter.

Nei: No, I won't.

Gene: What is the matter? You are not supposed to be able to refuse my orders.

Nei: I could care less! I... I was better off not having any memories. Of course there were lots of horrible things about it, like not knowing why I looked different from everybody, but... I... to be born just for the purpose of killing humans.. I just can't do that. I can't kill Chaz or any human.

Gene: Are you saying you will not obey my orders, no matter what?

Nei: No, I won't!

Gene: Somehow, it appears that you are defective. You will be erased.

[sounds of a capsule moving close up and then opening]

Nei: That.. looks just like me!

Gene: The neitype research has already advanced to the next level. The NM-2000 series surpasses the NM-1000 series in terms of both power and speed. 2011, it has become apparent that 1153 has gone insane. Quickly dispense of her.

NM-2011: I understand, Mother.

[end of scene]

You can read the entire translation of the drama CD here http://crystaltenshi.com/phantasystar/translation.html

Skyly HUmar
May 6, 2009, 02:29 PM
Here is part of a translated scene from the Phantasy Star Memorial Drama CD. The PSM Drama CD is a direct prequal to Phantasy Star IV and it is an official part of Phantasy Star canon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_(series)#Phantasy_Star_Memorial_Dram a
I have edited it a tiny bit to change the Japanese names to their English version counterparts. (Rudy to Chaz)

In this scene Nei (NM-1153) after being helped by a young Chaz. Nei has left Chaz behind and she has infiltrated the Bio-Dome, where she was created, and is now talking with the computer that created her, Gene.

Gene: As a remaining system of the 'Great Collaspe', it is my task to perform Neitype research. You were created as a step towards birthing a new race capable of surviving the harsh enviroments following the 'Great Collaspe'.

Nei: Birthing a new race...? You created me for a reason like that?

Gene: Certainly, that is one reason.. However, I had another purpose for creating you.

Nei: Another purpose?

Gene: That is correct. That is, to wipe out human beings, the lesser lifeforms, from existence on this planet.

Nei: Why?

Gene: You should understand that already from seeing what the outside world is like. The destruction of the inferior species is only the natural choice by laws of nature. I made a judgment based on their incapability to survive, the NM-1000 Series will be used as a step towards conservation.

Nei: I'm beginning to remember more and more.. I'm even certain that I've heard those same words two years ago..

Gene: That's right, you were my ultimate masterpiece. To eliminate those archaeic humans, to open the doors to a new stage in history led by a bright, shining new race - for those reasons, you were born. ... Hmm? What happened to the ring on your neck?

Nei: Ring?

Gene: It seems to have come off somehow. Not only does that ring transmit a detailed current status of your body, it also has a built-in resonance-wave device that attracts bio-monsters.

Nei: ....So it really was the ring! So then, the reason why monsters randomly appeared wherever I went was all because of that ring. All because of that ring, grandfather was killed!

Gene: Killed? Is there something wrong with that? To manipulate bio-monsters and to cause the extinction of the human species; that is your mission. I have already made the appropriate preparations. I have successfully hacked into the main system's arsenal of weapons. Now then, under your command, go and wipe out the humans. Go out and create history as a new species, my daughter.

Nei: No, I won't.

Gene: What is the matter? You are not supposed to be able to refuse my orders.

Nei: I could care less! I... I was better off not having any memories. Of course there were lots of horrible things about it, like not knowing why I looked different from everybody, but... I... to be born just for the purpose of killing humans.. I just can't do that. I can't kill Chaz or any human.

Gene: Are you saying you will not obey my orders, no matter what?

Nei: No, I won't!

Gene: Somehow, it appears that you are defective. You will be erased.

[sounds of a capsule moving close up and then opening]

Nei: That.. looks just like me!

Gene: The neitype research has already advanced to the next level. The NM-2000 series surpasses the NM-1000 series in terms of both power and speed. 2011, it has become apparent that 1153 has gone insane. Quickly dispense of her.

NM-2011: I understand, Mother.

[end of scene]

You can read the entire translation of the drama CD here http://crystaltenshi.com/phantasystar/translation.html

So Rika was the new one? who killed Nei???

landman
May 6, 2009, 04:19 PM
You can read the entire story in the link xD It's worth it, and better if you have the mp3 to accompany the reading.

zandra117
May 6, 2009, 10:38 PM
So Rika was the new one? who killed Nei???
Rika is actually NM-3001. But yeah, you should totally read the whole story at the link.

Skyly HUmar
May 7, 2009, 06:06 PM
Rika is actually NM-3001. But yeah, you should totally read the whole story at the link.

That was an awesome story.

I kinda hate Wren now :P, but awesome story

DeathMachine
May 7, 2009, 10:57 PM
WARNING MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS FOR PHANTASY STAR ZERO BELOW
[spoiler-box]The story revolves around characters who become entangled in a plot to wipe out "Earth", formerly known as Coral as revealed in a quest, by an evil supercomputer located on the Moon. Depending on whether the PC is Human, Newman, or Cast, the connection between the PC and some NPCs will change, but essentially the PC must fight successively harder enemies to clear out the areas surrounding a single city before moving to the moon and eventually confronting the supercomputer, Mother Trinity. It turns out that Mother Trinity was created by Humanity as part of Project MOTHER to help them build a more benevolent society but suddenly malfunctioned and killed off most of the population of Coral with a beam weapon attack that messed up the planet's ecosystem. Humanity was driven off of the planet or underground, all of the Newmans that may have been able to adapt to the harsh environent were slaughtered with brute force by mind hacked Casts. Afterwards the Casts were left immobile to slowly run down on the surface. This event is known as the Great Blank. In the 200 years between the Great Blank and the present time, Mother Trinity bred a new race of Newmans and taught them that Humanity wiped itself out in a frenzy of warfare. The majority of Newmans believe that they must destroy Humanity's technological capabilities in order to prevent another catastrophe like that which left the "Earth" nearly uninhabitable for hundreds of years.

When the game commences the ecosystem has stabilized and Humans are coming out of their underground shelters and beginning to build a new civilization. your character is either a Human, a Newman deployed from the Moon as part of an expeditionary force who suffers amnesia in a crash, or a memory wiped Cast who is reactivated by the main Newman NPC, Salisa. The player ends up joining the Hunters Guild along with Salisa and Kai, which leads to a series of adventures ultimately culminating in a confrontation with Mother Trinity, now considered a goddess by the Newmans of the Moon. Luckily there are a number of allies to meet, including Mayor Dairon, the ex-Hunters member who founded Dairon City, the new Human settlement; Ogi, a body-swapping Cast who wields bazookas and archaic dialects with equal ease; and Ana, the leader of a Newman resistance who is trying to free her race from Mother Trinity's control on the moon. In the end Mother Trinity was being controlled by a Dark Falz that had generated itself from the D-Cells used to power her core.[/spoiler-box]

Dammit Montegue! You screwed up big-time! :D
I do like the role that Casts played though...Why does this feel like it comes from a time parallel to PSO? I get the impression that those who didn't leave on the PIONEER expedition got blasted by MOTHER [Trinity Mother] (Montegue did mention that MOTHER was in development before they left Coral) years after PIONEER 1 & 2 left, and those who did leave were, of course, in the whole Ragol incedent. Flowen's messages hint at the fact that Otso might have known about the Dark Falz on Ragol (Note on Mother's power source). So, maybe, Zero and Online ARE parallel stories which all happen after the PS1-4 series!

Forgive my inability to keep a linear train of processing...

landman
May 8, 2009, 12:51 AM
The project MOTHER on Ragol and the Mother Trinity are provably the same project, Ragol and Coral maintained contact for years, the government was still on Coral, so it's not strange to believe that the unsuccessful MOTHERs on Ragol (Olga, Callus, and MOTHER (http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1107/mother4vb1.jpg) itself) where recreated on Coral as Mother Trinity.

The Starbird
May 9, 2009, 03:07 PM

It all depends on which ending you believe is Canon, which is why my theory goes against this one.

[SPOILER-BOX]In Aron's quest, the Alisa III and NeoPalm find each other and start to open fire. The Neo Palm is destroyed in this battle. However, it is possible that both theories could work. Though the animation shows the Neo Palm simply disappearing in the explosion, it's possible they actually crash-landed on the planet Coral during the assault.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Darn Sega and them having to make 4 different endings in their 3rd installment of this series. :p A lot of debate could be ended with a single ending to that game.

zandra117
May 10, 2009, 07:15 PM
Alisa III lands on Ragol in Crys' and Adan's ending and the NeoPalm is never destroyed in Crys' and Adan's story.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3/ps3crys26.gif
http://www.lee-yoshi.co.uk/ragol.co.uk/artwork/wall3_thumb.jpg
Ragol has 2 moons.

landman
May 11, 2009, 12:13 AM
The fact is that time travel and paradoxes exist in the series, so it's not impossible to believe that all 4 endings could be true, specially if one of them has said time travel trough a black hole and ends in the past Earth pre conquering of Algol (paradox: Earthmen knew about Algol because of the Alisa III contacting them)

The Starbird
May 11, 2009, 08:53 PM
The fact is that time travel and paradoxes exist in the series, so it's not impossible to believe that all 4 endings could be true, specially if one of them has said time travel trough a black hole and ends in the past Earth pre conquering of Algol (paradox: Earthmen knew about Algol because of the Alisa III contacting them)

that is where my theory comes into play, which is why I believe that Aron's quest is Canon. Of course, that presents itself with a million more theories, like the following

[SPOILER-BOX]Perhaps Phantasy Star Online is not parallel to the original Phantasy Star storyline, but actually a break-off from it. In my original theory, Aron goes back in time to Earth, who then use the Alisa III's technology and use it to invade Algo until Rolf and Co. defeat them (because in PS3, Palma was destroyed by Dark Force with 400 ships escaping, but in PS2, the Earthlings destroyed it, with only tens of ships escaping (according to the Wreckage scene from PS4) ), causing the Spaceship Noah to drift for an undetermined amount of time until it crashes on Ragol and becomes known as the Ruins. Since Dark Force's essence is still onboard the ship, it waits for the time when someone discovers it. Perhaps though, the Alisa III goes with Adan/Crys' ending and lands on Ragol... still having the essence of Dark Force on board, the Alisa III becomes known as the Ruins... however, because the Alisa III never made it to earth, the events of PS2 and PS4 never happen, so it is possible that PSO is a part of the original time path in which Palma is destroyed by Dark Force.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

zandra117
May 11, 2009, 10:46 PM
Parallel universe theory: Aron and Crys' Endings are both true. Dark Force attempted to destroy the Alisa III with the black hole but the worldship survived the trip. Because of the time loop and the shared consciousness between all Dark Forces, Dark Force got a chance to try again. So on its second try instead of sending Alisa III into the black hole it tried to send it into a star but failed. And thus in this parallel universe Alisa III ended up on Ragol.

Its likely that the black hole loop had repeated itself many many times untill Dark Force had gotten frustrated at the Profound Darkness always losing and decided to change plans and send the worldship into the sun where he could end the loop and evolve into a new, free, Profound Darkness but in the process he ran out of power and then got trapped on Ragol.

landman
May 12, 2009, 01:43 AM
that is where my theory comes into play, which is why I believe that Aron's quest is Canon. Of course, that presents itself with a million more theories, like the following

[spoiler-box]Perhaps Phantasy Star Online is not parallel to the original Phantasy Star storyline, but actually a break-off from it. In my original theory, Aron goes back in time to Earth, who then use the Alisa III's technology and use it to invade Algo until Rolf and Co. defeat them (because in PS3, Palma was destroyed by Dark Force with 400 ships escaping, but in PS2, the Earthlings destroyed it, with only tens of ships escaping (according to the Wreckage scene from PS4) ), causing the Spaceship Noah to drift for an undetermined amount of time until it crashes on Ragol and becomes known as the Ruins. Since Dark Force's essence is still onboard the ship, it waits for the time when someone discovers it. Perhaps though, the Alisa III goes with Adan/Crys' ending and lands on Ragol... still having the essence of Dark Force on board, the Alisa III becomes known as the Ruins... however, because the Alisa III never made it to earth, the events of PS2 and PS4 never happen, so it is possible that PSO is a part of the original time path in which Palma is destroyed by Dark Force.
[/spoiler-box]
Wow that one is interesting, never though of a possible alternate timeline affecting Algol and PSIII past xD but I'll have to replay PSIII to the fourth endings, if they say Palma was destroyed by falz this could be misinformation from his part, and the same could be with the number of ships. But if that is true, then those "tens of ships" that leave Parum in the PSVI timeline shouldn't had problems to reach new worlds (since no Falz is chassing them) and they could have ended...

Quintus_The_Force
May 12, 2009, 05:45 PM
UGH so when considering all endings are true and possible hence the time travel, does that place Zero before 2 and atleast before Online or does Mother Trinity existing in Zero place it after Online... Where is Online at in the time spectrum for that matter LOL damn im confused >.<

The Starbird
May 12, 2009, 07:17 PM
Wow that one is interesting, never though of a possible alternate timeline affecting Algol and PSIII past xD but I'll have to replay PSIII to the fourth endings, if they say Palma was destroyed by falz this could be misinformation from his part, and the same could be with the number of ships. But if that is true, then those "tens of ships" that leave Parum in the PSVI timeline shouldn't had problems to reach new worlds (since no Falz is chassing them) and they could have ended...

In the 3rd Generation (regardless of main character) in the town of New Mota is where you learn of Palma's Destruction.

[SPOILER-BOX]the elders of New Mota talk about Dark Force destroying Palma, but since the people knew about it and the destruction was a slow one, they created 400 ships and fled the planet. Dark Force destroyed 398 until Orakio and Laya trap it on the Alisa III.

Perhaps in the 2nd timeline, at Wreckage when Rika says that only Tens of ships escaped, perhaps Palma had already started creating some of the ships, but Giara crashing on Palma destroyed it a lot faster than Dark Force would have, so, given little warning, only tens escaped.[/SPOILER-BOX]

And quintus, according to sources thus far, it appears PSZ is a prequel to PSO. Just wait until the official release this fall.

landman
May 13, 2009, 12:01 AM
Yes but specially because an elder person tells you, it could be a legend that has been passed by word, and be imprecise xD

[spoiler-box]Zero takes place after PSO, at least some hundreds of years (but it takes place on Coral, not Ragol)[/spoiler-box]

Skyly HUmar
May 15, 2009, 06:14 AM
Yes but specially because an elder person tells you, it could be a legend that has been passed by word, and be imprecise xD

[spoiler-box]Zero takes place after PSO, at least some hundreds of years (but it takes place on Coral, not Ragol)[/spoiler-box]

I must disagree here, in PSO there were Numens, and casts were kinda like servents, but in EP 3 casts gained "equal rights"
[spoiler-box] And in PSZ Numens were rediscovered so unless they somehow segragated PSZ is before PSO.[/spoiler-box]

landman
May 15, 2009, 06:33 AM
It isn't, someone said above that newmen were exterminated by CASTs during the war that ended 200 years ago and the new newmen in PSŲ were recreated by Mother Trinity in the moon to reconquer the Earth.