PDA

View Full Version : Connecting GC

DarkCecil05
Apr 25, 2009, 01:53 PM
Is there a way for GC to still connect to the Online play of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2? This the version I have. I heard you need some kind of GC modem Adapter to play.

But I heard rumors like the server is down or something of that nature. Share your words to assist this newbie PSO veterans!

psofan219
Apr 25, 2009, 02:20 PM
Is there a way for GC to still connect to the Online play of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2? This the version I have. I heard you need some kind of GC modem Adapter to play.

But I heard rumors like the server is down or something of that nature. Share your words to assist this newbie PSO veterans!

Yes, GCPSO Ep. 1 & 2, both plus and non-plus, can still connect to online play. However, the official servers have been shut down since '07. To play, you'll need to locate a Private Server, something we can't talk about. Use Google to find them. You'll also need a Modem or Broadband Adaptor to connect (of course), as well as the info inside of your PSO box, if I'm right, which would be the Serial Number and Access Key (at least that's what I remember when I was snooping around about how to connect). If you haven't done so, and don't know already, you may want to take a moment to familiarize yourself with what we can/can not say about Private Servers by looking at the Forum Rules.

sCI
Apr 25, 2009, 04:17 PM

The unofficial server talk policy one this site is foolish. It huts the players more than it helps. If this site were to support current online-play options, it'd probably help with user numbers, and might make the game more interesting for players.

Here this kid is looking for info, one more play most likely lost.

The only efficient way to go is broadband, the dail-up supposedly glitches a lot, but I wouldn't know. Broadband adaptors go for quite a bit last time I checked and are hard to find. Online population is droping since the game get's older with no new updates(sequals). As I said earlier, if this site and others like it would support unofficial server use, it would spike online play, at least a little.

If I were you, I'd spend my money on starting a foundation for people to go knockin' on ST's door; "hey, you, yeah you, make another damn game, and make it worth playing this time; no more stupid card-games either, if I wanted to play cards, I'd play gin!".

Good luck.

Vanzazikon
Apr 25, 2009, 04:23 PM
If I were you, I'd spend my money on starting a foundation for people to go knockin' on ST's door; "hey, you, yeah you, make another damn game, and make it worth playing this time; no more stupid card-games either, if I wanted to play cards, I'd play gin!".

Good luck.Do it yourself. If you were to fill someone shoes and felt like giving ST a piece of your mind, knock yourself out. The past is past, learn to move on.

DarkCecil05
Apr 26, 2009, 07:17 PM
Well that kinda sucks since I have to use google to locate a private server. I mostly would like to download the online quest onto my GC memory card and play them...

psofan219
Apr 26, 2009, 08:45 PM

The unofficial server talk policy one this site is foolish. It huts the players more than it helps. If this site were to support current online-play options, it'd probably help with user numbers, and might make the game more interesting for players.

Here this kid is looking for info, one more play most likely lost.

The only efficient way to go is broadband, the dail-up supposedly glitches a lot, but I wouldn't know. Broadband adaptors go for quite a bit last time I checked and are hard to find. Online population is droping since the game get's older with no new updates(sequals). As I said earlier, if this site and others like it would support unofficial server use, it would spike online play, at least a little.

Good luck.

We can't talk about Private Servers because they're techincally illegal because they weren't approved by ST in the first place. Obviously the Admin doesn't want to deal with any issues that may rise as a result, because from what I read, ST can take legal action. Not sure if it's true or not, but it's best to steer clear from it anyways. And many people have tried to do that. There's no hope for a new sequel to PSO, and there's no hope in the resurrection of the official servers. It's a bad mistake on ST's part if you ask me, but they carried through with it anyways.

NegaTsukasa
Apr 26, 2009, 09:16 PM
if you go to any other game forums, see what you can rouse up there.
I have everything I need to go online, the thing is though I can't, and I dont know if I'm getting my info right on the network setup with the good old serial code and IP address and what not. :/
I forgot how to do all of that stuff. ^^;

DarkCecil05
Apr 26, 2009, 11:48 PM
Heh well, I do not wanna start any drama here so I'll keep quiet and browse other places... Anyway, hopefully I can download those Online Quests to my GC. I can purchase the GC Modem Adapter from ebay.

SStrikerR
Apr 27, 2009, 08:48 AM
You want the broadband adaptor if you have broadband internet. No, scratch that, you want it in any case.
Also, you can download the quests from certain servers. But seriously, searching for a server on google isn't that hard.
Oh, and @ sCI- Anothe rplayer is likely lost?
What are you talking about, we get other people connected all the time. Indirectly, but we do.
We tell people how to reach the other servers, and then a day or two later I see them on the server's forums, asking how to connect online. It happens all the time.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 27, 2009, 02:00 PM
You could get psz when it comes for DS if you have one and play that online.

sCI
Apr 27, 2009, 08:04 PM
Do it yourself. If you were to fill someone shoes and felt like giving ST a piece of your mind, knock yourself out. The past is past, learn to move on.

Sorry man, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. When did I say I hadn't moved on yet? "If I were you" is a common catch-phrase, that's how I meant it, not that I was too lazy to do it myself; it was sarcasm, nothing more.

Oh, and @ sCI- Anothe rplayer is likely lost?
What are you talking about, we get other people connected all the time. Indirectly, but we do.
We tell people how to reach the other servers, and then a day or two later I see them on the server's forums, asking how to connect online. It happens all the time.

I'm glad to hear I'm wrong, really. This is a good game and deserves to be played.

DarkCecil05
Apr 27, 2009, 11:16 PM
You could get psz when it comes for DS if you have one and play that online.

I am a poor man. I cannot afford a DS. Maybe a pre-owned version perhaps.

psofan219
Apr 27, 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm wrong, really. This is a good game and deserves to be played.

At least then you're not like some of the other people, who try to fight back when someone proves them wrong. In other words, you're not one of those idiots who thinks they're always right. I'll admit, I was one of those kinds of people, but when I was younger.

DarkCecil05
Apr 28, 2009, 01:45 AM
You grew up. That's what happen. Becoming a mature adult. Heh!