PDA

View Full Version : does the game also cause problems on wii?

Erk
Apr 26, 2009, 12:10 PM
i know that pso for gc caused a lot of problems for the laser... practically destroyed my first gc... but does the game also cause problems on wii? im afraid to try it and have to buy a new one -_- it was hard enough buying a new gc when my first broke... i really do use my wii alot and i dont want that to happen so if anyone can give me a definitive answer please let me know if it is harmful. i feel dumb for asking but no one ive asked seems to know the answer

Lance813
Apr 26, 2009, 12:35 PM
Well, It can be harmful. If you load the game forcefully too much (i.e. Piping) It will eventually wear out the Gamecube/Wii. If you are just playing normally you should be fine.

My advice. Buy another GC, they cost $30 new now.

Cris-P-Bacon
Apr 26, 2009, 01:06 PM
I played my PSO on the Wii- no harm done.
But like Lance said, it can be harmful. Just dont over-do things if you wonna try your best to do no harm.

TrueChaos
Apr 26, 2009, 02:13 PM
i played PSO on my Wii a lot and it was fine. as long as you don't pipe too much it won't have any adverse effects. if you do want to pipe for rare enemies, do what Lance said and get a cheap GC, if it breaks it won't matter as much.

psofan219
Apr 26, 2009, 09:25 PM
Piping will wear down the laser lens of the system, regardless if it's GC or Wii, which is why I don't do it (I also consider it to be cheating, because in a sense, it is). Just don't overdo piping if that's your intent, and you'll be fine.

Erk
Apr 27, 2009, 08:18 AM
thank you. thats really all i wanted. i dont pipe... i only tried it once and i found out it wasnt for me. i will be careful with my wii. piping was never on the menu

AlexCraig
Apr 27, 2009, 04:17 PM
Any system that has a lazer lens and plays PSO can die due to lens wear from too much piping.

Frog
May 16, 2009, 09:33 AM
You mean using ryuker/telepipes is gonna wear out my Wii?

I pipe/ryuker when I need to, not over-and-over to harvest rare items etc.

BloodyBandage
May 18, 2009, 03:15 AM
I don't really consider piping cheating..and yes, just get a used one if you feel you will overuse it