PDA

View Full Version : Yamigarasu

Akruta
Apr 30, 2009, 05:01 PM
What does its database mean about causing confusion? Does it confuse you when you weild it?

psofan219
Apr 30, 2009, 07:47 PM
It can randomly cause Confusion while you wield it, yes. Might I suggest a Cure/Confuse?

Akruta
Apr 30, 2009, 08:07 PM
Yes indeed I will need to purchace one soon... Guess Master Raven will have to wait.

SStrikerR
Apr 30, 2009, 08:13 PM
No. Don't.
It rarely confuses at all for it to be a problem, and a cure/anything besides freeze or paralysis is a waste of a slot, trust me.
When I had a yami I was confused maybe once per hour.

psofan219
Apr 30, 2009, 10:23 PM
I still say get it. If you're in a sticky situation (like surrounded by a horde of enemies) and it decides to confuse you, you could end up in a lot of trouble if you don't have anything to cure it with. And besides, the Cure/Confuse isn't a permanent thing anyways, just equipped as long as the Yamigarasu's being used. One slot's no big deal. Should really only be a big deal if you got crap for units, at least in my opinion.

NegaTsukasa
May 1, 2009, 12:58 AM
if your anti capable. keep it in fast reach of you if you dont want to use a slot.
the Kamui is practacly the same sword might I have you know (done a comparison check in stats) and doesn't confuse you. it looks smaller though and is not shrouded in a haunting miasmic mist.

TrueChaos
May 1, 2009, 07:31 AM
oooh, Kamui sounds awesome. but i would say don't warry about the cure/confuse. if you get surrounded chances are (in my experience) you're going to die anyway. if you have enough time to change weapon and beat your way out you'll have enough time to cast anti/use a Sol Atomizer should you get confused.

Neith
May 1, 2009, 10:06 AM
You're wasting a slot by using a Cure/Confuse. The Confuse isn't even that dangerous (most of the time if you just attacked randomly you'd end up killing things around you anyway >_>)., and a Sol Atomizer/Anti cures it easily.

I hope the OP is aware that Yamigarasu drains your HP too. (again, not by enough to pose any problem; I used to use one with a Luminous Field which also drains HP and had no problem).

edit: As for comparing it to Kamui; Yamigarasu has the advantage of also being usable by Rangers, and has a more potent special attack (Kamui is 'Dark', Yamigarasu is 'Hell', which instant-kills more often). Honestly, Yamigarasu is a better weapon.

psofan219
May 1, 2009, 10:47 AM
In my opinion, saying that a Cure/Confuse is a waste of a slot is like saying a Cure/Anything is a waste. Even if the confusion's randomly generated, there are just some places where you don't want to deal with it, and where the Sol Atomizers could be better spent (like curing Slow against Falz, or curing Shock against Vol Opt/Gol Dragon). Can also cure a Jellen/Zalure cast against you. I say all this through my experience, as each one of these things has led me to death before because I just simply picked it up at the worst time possible.

Akruta
May 1, 2009, 03:41 PM
Well I got A Cure/Confuse for 1 PD and 10 Monomates. The only reason I feel i need A Cure confuse is because like pso fan said there are times i don't want to deal with confusion (Dodging an attack, making a grab for A rare in a team game or simply trying to walk around) I intend to use Yamigarasu for A long while even with its 2 downsides.