PDA

View Full Version : Who noticed a slow down in Seabed?

Kanore
Feb 16, 2003, 07:56 PM
You know those rectangular long rooms in both Seabed areas, with all the water in the middle and all those Recoboxes with all the annoying enemies? Did anyone notice a slow down when you're playing with 4 people online and alot of things were happening? I.E everybody attacking, all enemies attacking, Recons coming up all over the place...

Geez that's annoying... Luckily none of those enemies can cause Slow.

LamerPanda
Feb 16, 2003, 08:34 PM
Yep. Happens all the time online.

Pretty frustrating for me, since I'm horribly impatient. o_0

Tigger
Feb 16, 2003, 08:41 PM
Episode 2 in general has a lot of slow downs. Most noticable in seabed and when fighting the first boss.

Celes152
Feb 16, 2003, 08:59 PM
Also occurs frequently at Barba Ray.

Storme
Feb 16, 2003, 10:30 PM
Ehh.. Same here.. been to Seabed a few times, everytime I get slow down at the same area.
Oh well.... Only 14 More days online...

Davion
Feb 16, 2003, 10:34 PM
It's mostly the water effects mixed with the enemies.

malinko
Feb 16, 2003, 10:39 PM
3 or more enemies >_<

Guntz348
Feb 16, 2003, 10:43 PM
It's mostly cause by proc. slow down. The GC can't handle rendering all the characters and enimies and there respective reflections in the water since those are done seperatly. It's pretty annoying but reminds me of playing old 8 and 16 bit games that had a lot of actions. Some game would just about stop cause of some much stuff, ahhh the good ol' days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Clef
Feb 17, 2003, 03:36 AM
I notice the lag quite often there as well. However, I have seen much worse lag in a game online. Try doing an "uber mob" raid in EQ. Take the lag you see in ult seabed and magnify it by say, 100 and there you have it.

I'm just glad that the lag doesn't cause you to get disconnected.

Elixer
Feb 17, 2003, 04:20 AM
yea i notice it to every seabed run i do online it always lags in that room others as well

CorneliusPower
Feb 17, 2003, 07:47 AM
Still though, lets give it to ST/SEGA for the excellent graphics.

Sick-One
Feb 17, 2003, 07:54 AM
Heh.. yeah at least the game isn't like D2 with crummy graphics AND slowdown (No it's not my computer's fault believe it or not, 80% of the people I played with said they get visual slowdown as well!)

Phobos-X
Feb 17, 2003, 08:03 AM
Still though, lets give it to ST/SEGA for the excellent graphics

excellent? maybe going by dreamcast standards they might be excellent. But on the GC and XBOX, there really is no reason for the quality of graphics.

but as far as the slowdown, i think also the size of the disc might have something to do with it, maybe ST had to use a lot of compression?

DJ_Monkey
Feb 17, 2003, 07:26 PM
Actually, Sega didn't update the graphics engine from the DC, so it wouldn't run any faster. With the "enhanced" effects, the game will slow down by a lot.

jonny-5
Feb 17, 2003, 07:58 PM
Ya Seabed looks great, but there is a ton of slowdown caused mainly by those water effects and everything displayed on screen... I hope they update the graphics to forest through ruins to be the similar looks of that of ep2 in the next version! That we be sweet going through a whole new look of forest!