PDA

View Full Version : PSU Story Mode S-Rank Items

TWM_Metatron
May 1, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hello. I thought I would ask about this just to check. Are there different possible items you can get for doing S-Rank Missions in Story Mode? I ask because I started my Story Mode game over and was going through the first trial. A walkthrough for the PS2 Version of the game (I have the PC Version) stated that, if I cleared the mission on S-Rank, that I would get an item called a "Linear Line", stating that clearing it within 8:00 and killing 75 monsters would net me this. I defeated 69 monsters and cleared at 8:16. I still managed to get S-Rank (With 1000 points exactly) and instead of a "Linear Line", I got a "Trimate".

Now my question is, should I redo the trial to attempt to get a better score and, hence, a better item, or would that be a waste of time as I will always get a Trimate?

A side-question: If someone knows of any/all of the potential S-Rank drops for the PC version, I would be greatly appreciative if they could part with this information.

SabZero
May 1, 2009, 12:39 PM
Nah, 1000 points is the highest score you can get. You can get a range of things per mission, also adding ones that NPCs can give you. So just try again.

I might be able to give you more info if you were more specific which mission and verion of PSU we're talking about.

TWM_Metatron
May 1, 2009, 05:21 PM
Nah, 1000 points is the highest score you can get. You can get a range of things per mission, also adding ones that NPCs can give you. So just try again.

I might be able to give you more info if you were more specific which mission and verion of PSU we're talking about.

The very first trial of Episode 1 (PSU Original Ver.), Chapter 1.

SabZero
May 2, 2009, 03:21 AM
Ok, according to the Bradygames Guide, the *free mission variant* is called Evacuation, S-rank conditions ar clear time of 8:00 or less and 72 enemies. The reward is listed as the Linear Line indeed.

So, just keep trying, best solo, so NPC rewads don't get in the way.