PDA

View Full Version : for the hardcore pso fans

Xtor
Feb 16, 2003, 09:39 PM
remember the day when a booma could kill u and when u first saw a shark u ran thinking the jaws muisic would play when the dragon struck fear into your heart well ive owned all the virsions so far the day they came out and im proud it has never burned out for me.this game changed my life so many years ago i thought i would make this topic for all those fans that really love pso

malinko
Feb 16, 2003, 09:40 PM
PSO is a way of life.

Xtor
Feb 16, 2003, 09:44 PM
On 2003-02-16 18:40, malinko wrote:
PSO is a way of life.

it really is the day when your first rare monster hit u and then u ran to get healing items thinking it would be there when u got back

Ghaleon
Feb 16, 2003, 09:47 PM
it really is the day when your first rare monster hit u and then u ran to get healing items thinking it would be there when u got back

hehe ive done that before

Hao
Feb 16, 2003, 09:53 PM
As have I >_<

Xtor
Feb 16, 2003, 09:57 PM
go ahead yall say something u remeber u have done when u were the n00b

Mirth
Feb 16, 2003, 09:58 PM
the first rare enemy i saw was a al rappy the first time i ever did the fake in yellow, i thought "hey cool, its blue" as a foolish lvl 6 force i thought i could kill it...well it and about 6 other rappies surrounded me and i died, when i came back it was a regular rappy

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 16, 2003, 09:59 PM
back on ver.1 when i first got it, i got killed right out of the gate...afraid i wouldnt be able to get that handgun back...i deleted that character and started over. I'm such a dummy.

thewiredknight
Feb 16, 2003, 10:18 PM
On 2003-02-16 18:44, Xtor wrote:

On 2003-02-16 18:40, malinko wrote:
PSO is a way of life.

Wow....am I glad I read this before I ran into a rare monster.

Mirth
Feb 16, 2003, 10:22 PM
lol . hmm another experiance i had was the first time i saw delsabers....ugh that was scary.

MonoxideChild
Feb 16, 2003, 10:24 PM
I remember when I first got the game back in January 2001, and I ran into the 3rd room in Forest 1, and was gangbanged and killed by 3 boomas, and a rappy.

malinko
Feb 16, 2003, 10:38 PM
I remember when I 1st got it, I thought it sucked cuz I didn't know how to combo!!

Xtor
Feb 16, 2003, 10:46 PM
when u first saw dark falz'es arena when it was sunny and thought that it would end there then the daravants came and jumped u then revieling the big F himself

Raist
Feb 16, 2003, 10:49 PM
My first time playing ver 1 was online. I didn't play the game at all offline before hand, just picked it up, brought it home and went online. Heh heh, boy I can't remember exactly what happend but I got really confused when somebody sent me a guild card. Another time somebody died and i joined, he asked me to bring down a moon and heal him, I asked him what a moon was and where could I get one. My team pretty much had to explain everything to me as we went along. From that day forward PSO had me hooked...ahh to be a noob again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Edit: My first character was a Pinkal HUmar...this was before I knew anything about section IDs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-02-16 20:29 ]</font>

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 16, 2003, 10:52 PM
I remember when i first got PSO version 1 for Dreamcast. I thought the game was boring. But my cousin told me to keep playing it. And before you know it i was hooked, addicted! And now it's one of the best games out.

VulpesMundi
Feb 16, 2003, 11:23 PM
I remember my beginning. I bought DC ver.1 on January 31, 2001 and didn't play it until the next day (February 1). My first character, a Yellowboze HUnewearl, found a lot of crap and was eventually remade as a Viridia. While still Yellowboze she did find my first rare enemy, an Al Rappy, which dropped a Regenerate Gear (which sucked then and still sucks now), and my first true rare item (at the time), a Sting Tip.

PSO is a way of life. There's been lots of errors, bugs, trials, tribulations, friends come and gone, but the game still remains and I still enjoy it. There's always new things to find and new people to meet. I'll be one of the players that'll be here until the servers die...

burst
Feb 16, 2003, 11:35 PM
The manager at Software Etc. bought my copy of version 1 for me to play with her. I rushed home and popped it in, and, like Raist, went immediately to online mode. I started my own game and jumped into the Forest with my wonderful FOnewearl. No one had joined my team by the time I got to the Dragon. I went in anyway. Needless to say, I got creamed. I kept trying to beat him for a hour. Never happened, though I did learn later on that I came extremely close. I realised what time it was and rushed to the lobby to meet up with my friend (the one who bought it for me), ran up to her and told her what I had been doing and that we should go back to the Forest and get the weapon I left at the dragon. Yeah. . .

The best moment I had in PSO was meeting Loopy and Marc, proceeded by every moment of gaming with them. Hope I run into them in PSOX.

PalRappy03
Feb 17, 2003, 12:16 AM
hehe a pinkal humar. Well i guess im not much better with a purplenum fomar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Vantamiath
Feb 17, 2003, 12:19 AM
The thing I remember most was my first time online. Seeing all the different looking characters in the lobby left me in awe.

Chronos
Feb 17, 2003, 12:31 AM
It took me quite a while to find out there was a wepon combo. I jamed the buttons so hard

Klakalou
Feb 17, 2003, 12:35 AM
when i first entered mines, i thought i if u didnt watch your step, u could fall off the side of the stage X_X

MonoxideChild
Feb 17, 2003, 02:25 AM
I remember the first time I played Dark Falz last form on Hard, and I died like 80000 times before I finally figured out that I'm a moron, and was doing it wrong.

SilencePSO
Feb 17, 2003, 08:27 AM
I remember the first time I went online, it was the day of the US Ver.1 release and I went on as soon as I got home to see everyone with 001 over their heads. I joined a game with 2 other level ones, and before we could even figure out how to get to the fightin' a level 92 Japanese player joined, playing as a FOnewarl. He gave us all God/Legs (which amazed us at the time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ), and we headed down to the forest. We all watched him woop ass while we hit and got hit like crazy, running around like idiots trying to figure out what we were doing. But he kept eveyone of us alive and helped us clear thru Del Le Rol, by that time we were all around level 7 or 9, man that was great, great stuff.

elfin
Feb 17, 2003, 10:11 AM
This is not as much of a noob story im going to tell u, but rather a little tale about how insanely hooked i was... Not that im not hooked now, but back then, it was madness... This was way back in the DC v1. days.

My FOnewm, Symeon had been lvl 100 for about, well... 300 hours or something, and still i was determend to find SOMETHING that made me beleive, or rather beleive again that a truely rare item could appear... (back then it was IMPOSSIBLE to find anything, remember http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) So, i took my battered DC over to my friends house, plugged it in and played for 18 hours straight... Passed out in front of the TV and sleept for about 2 hours... I woke up, dozed and still filled with so much caffeine that my whole body rattled...

After that i played for 20 hours straight... As a result of that i started to hallucinate... Though only for a breif second.. (I saw half a man, from the waist down with brown suede trousers, leaning with one leg on the livingroom table... hahaha)

With almost 40 hours played in two days i was exhausted to say the least.. Laconium after Laconium, and nothing to show for... I thought, what the hell... One last Ruins run... So i did... I returned with the whole inventory full of SPECIAL WEAPONS, as you would back in the DC days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif... I went over to the tekker and started to identify them... DB saber..... Club of Laconium.... DB saber.... Magical Piece.................? WTF??? My heart stopped... Everyone else stopped what they were doing... And it got quiet, so quiet...... And then, I SHOUTED OUT IN SWEDISH.... FYYYYYY FAAAAAN VA GOOOOOTT!!! (thats harshley translated FUUUUUKK YEEEAAAAAAHHH!!!)... I quickly saved the game and turned of the DC... At that instant, everybody started to laugh at me... And when they started, i couldnt keep myself from doing the same... Because, back then.. In the good old DC days, Magical Piece was truely a magical piece of crap...

I had over a 800 hours on my Pinkal FOnewm... I got shit... And it was all Offline...

Well thats my little story.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: elfin on 2003-02-17 07:13 ]</font>

Xtor
Feb 17, 2003, 01:58 PM
*bump* for the world

ALPHAM0F0
Feb 17, 2003, 02:36 PM
Oh man i have so many stories.
first off we got the game day of launch, but never found out how to log onto seganet till like a week later, when my friend explained it to me...( hah i was so stupid those days)... well anyways me and my bro were planning on makeing our chara's so he made his. omegamofo a racast, the coolest racast as far as i was concerned. and i said "ok alphamofo time" so i started makeing a ramar, made him really small, white suit, white hair, pale skin. and my bro just goes "dude thats the gayest charcter i've ever seen" so i changed him to a humar(because i wanted to use one of the swords, and they were the coolest because there like clouds buster sword.) and when we got online.... i nearly shit a brick, the Lobbies were HUGE! ok so were using my brothers lvl 1 racast ok. (i decide im gonna try to join a very hard game, because sence it is an mmorpg i can join in at any level and there'd be like 20 lvl 1's fighting a monster....what! i cant join im not lvl 40)ok so we goto a normal game, and i want in on some of the action, so they pipe me, but at the time i was like wtf is a telepipe. where are u guys? so it took them 5 mins to explain to me what a tp was. ok i go there and by this time im thinking, wow this will be easy i see these humans doing like 9 damage to some delsabers. so me being a robot, ive gotta be far superior (remember i was a lvl. 1 in ruins) i go up to the delsabers face, and shoot it.....miss. "ok who switched my wep? in forest i could hit the monsters but i cant anymore, my wep's faulty" then once we killed the monsters in the room they explained to me the principals of evasion. then one of the guys in there said ok gonna feed my mag. then i see his mag dance, so im just amazed by this. so i just have to feed my mag also, i do and it raised some levels so im all bragging about my lvl 7 basic mag. so the muscle in the team (his name was nacho) said. here have this and this. it was a lvl 999 opa-opa and a chain sawd. well im just whippin ass now. now i could use magic and actually kick ass. so i go on bragging he gives me his guild card, i give him mine. we become great friends. then he stopped coming online.

thats enought of that storie. i have more but they pretain to others that were noobies when i was less of one

Xtor
Feb 17, 2003, 08:56 PM
2 things

1.there duped likly
2.*BUMP*

jonny-5
Feb 17, 2003, 09:31 PM
I remember the day v1 came out... I popped in the disc and made my first character. I took him into forest not knowing exactly what I was doing... Well after dying and pushing my way through, I finnaly made it to the dragon.. LOL I must have been really low in levels because all I remember was walking in the teleport , then bam! He fired me to a crisp... I way horrified! Never would I go back there again! ANyways, I set up my online connection and met two of my best PSO freinds ever in v1- Julian(or Jules) and Hamburgler... They helped me overcome my fears of the dragon and finally make it to falz... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Those were the n00b times! I also remember learning what a mag did and what a combo was! hehe

I have so many stories but not n00b stories.. Most all of them from v2 and with one of my best friends on PSO - Cloud II ... I also remember the big blue racast Cube when we were just n00bs in v1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jonny-5 on 2003-02-17 18:32 ]</font>

Kanore
Feb 17, 2003, 10:42 PM
I had alot of theories about stages back then... and alot of stories.

I was scared to hell of Caves...

I did Multi Mode Battle before I saw Ruins, and I thought the Temple was the Ruins. I go to the Ruins and I think it would look like the Temple, and lo and behold it's another dark, creepie, eerie place like the Caves.

I also thought that Dark Falz's arena and Falz himself would be weird.

I thought that the arena would be a wrecked colosium, colored like the VR Temple. I thought that Falz was one gigantic insect like-thing cause that's what he looked like... I thought he'd look like a weird snail thing in his second form and he'd be 'circling the perimeter of the arena' (FAQ I read) like a Chaos Bringer....

My mind is very imaginative. Stay away from me or else you'll be caught in my brain...

Axispoint
Feb 17, 2003, 10:56 PM
When I first played online, I didn't realize that if you were alone and stepped into a boss teleporter that it would automatically take you to the boss o_0. I didn't get killed in the fight and actually won it, but after that, I knew not to go into those boss portals unless I was going to fight the boss.

Also, just this last weekend, I discovered that each block has different lobbies o_0 (this is on V1). I always thought the teleporter in the corner took you to different blocks...

How I've played online since August or September and never figured this out is beyond me...

spawn
Feb 18, 2003, 02:40 PM
I remember, around 5 days after I got PSO, I entered a japanese game with Lv. 30-somethings and my feeble Lv. 12 HUcast, still in Normal mode, they gave me a Gungnir, which I thought was an awesome ultra-rare weapon which i would never be able to equip in my lifetime. Wow, those were the days.

Sedyne
Feb 18, 2003, 03:00 PM
Yeah, and now the game is cursed with shit. Yet I keep playing it...

amoralist
Feb 18, 2003, 04:07 PM
I remember the first time I walked in Ruins 3, as it scared me with all the parasitic floating particles. I told everyone I wasn't ready at lvl 23 to walk in the Ruins. I got pretty pissed when I giant looking spider shot me in the back. I decided to bust out a Rabarta and kill it.

Vitamin_D
Feb 18, 2003, 04:34 PM
Damn this crack we call PSO! It keeps calling me back, even when I try and resist...Damn You! I wonder how many versions I'll go through before I truly call it quits...hmmm

Darkoni
Feb 18, 2003, 04:34 PM
i played pso on the dreamcast at my friends gouse when it first came out and i have benn hooked since.

ginko990
Feb 18, 2003, 05:39 PM
I was like lvl 30+ on ver1 before I knew good enough to feed my mag and make it evolve. And all through v1 I didnt know of %'s. The day i got v2 i go into ult forest offline with my l337 vjaya and its awsome charge attack and i still do 0 damage. I ound out later it was because of the -45% to native >_<

Guntz348
Feb 18, 2003, 06:14 PM
My first PSO character was a Fonewmn, it took me about a week to figure out that melee attacks where based on a three hit combo system. I always ended up trying to foie everything to death in the forest and wondering how come even Humars had more spells then me. Ahhhh to be a newb again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kurosawa
Feb 18, 2003, 10:17 PM
I got PSO the week v1 came out and made my first character, a HUnewearl, ran into forest, didn't know how to combo, and tried to heal off of the start button menu. I got killed bt Mothmants in F1, deleted the character, and made a Fonewm because I thought he'd be easier to use. I also didn't know armor had slots for quite some time and didn't know what materials were either. That's why I try to be extra nice to new players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kurosawa on 2003-02-18 19:20 ]</font>

Lupin_III
Feb 19, 2003, 12:30 AM
The first time I found a DB's Saber (Actually about 5) on Ver 2 (My first). I thought that I had an extremely rare weapon...And, of course, there was my first Double Saber... *sigh*

Inu-Yasha
Feb 20, 2003, 04:42 AM
The worst part of the Dreamcast verson for me were the mags. Once you had one and raised one. You were stuck with it for the rest of the game. Mine always ended up to be butt-ugly little things. Were gamecubes verson, I can raise an army of mags. ^_^

marcus_com
Feb 20, 2003, 06:50 AM
Ahh, the days as a noob. Remember when you concidered Dimates as rare lol. Well anyway the first time I played online I was level 12 (RAmar) and had ome trouble with the dragon. So i thought that I'de go online and get someone to help me beat it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I went online and teamed up with a RAcaseal named NEI III, it turns out that this person has all kinds of cool weapon. She showed me a bunch of her weapon inventory and than we proceeded to the dragon. However I died on it and didn't get any experience. Still I thought that I know would have beaten the Dragon and could proceed to the next level offline, oh my what a surprise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif After that I went online again and teamed up with 3 other persons all around level 20. Thet were playing in Ruins so I joined them, it turns out there all Swedish just like me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I've never been as happy. It was also now that I found out that you'll get experience just by hitting the enemies and let someone else kill em, see I couldn't harm anything in Ruins except Claws if I got a Critical hit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ah well it was darn funny. Almost makes me wish I could be a noob again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jepp027
Feb 20, 2003, 09:12 AM
I remember when I first started PSO, I seen the adds in the Official dreamcast Magazine, and bought it and immediatly went online, I played through the game amazed at the graphics involved and made it to the dragon, I quit cause I said I'll be damned if I'll go into that huge teleporter and so I quit and logged off, so my bro went on and totally freaked at the sheer size of that dragon. My four friends who were playing at the time i'll be damned why they just jumped up and all but went out and bought dc's and PSO all at the same time, so 4 dcs and psos. the funny thing we all played on the same isp account, cause our provider wasnt very bright, we had 4 accounts on at once,lol, those were the days.....

Jepp027
Feb 20, 2003, 09:15 AM
Oh and also I met a group of hunters my first time online and they gave me a handgun and I thought it was the best damned weapon in the game,lol

I later on met my best PSO buddy, he went by Vassago then Giovanni and later as giovanni026, I said some things I should not have and we seperated, I thought about him every day, and still do on occasion I really do miss him but I don't think I'll ever meet a friend like him again on pso, which makes me sadder than hell.

rayner
Feb 20, 2003, 09:16 AM
My days as a noob is probably still going on as I write. I got PSO for the Game Cube about a month and a 1/2 ago and I thought the only thing in the game you could do is the Guild quests. When I finished all the Forest Level quests I was like WTF there has to be more to this game. I was level 15 before I even went for the Dragon. doh!

PSO Chronicles of HUmar Rubicon (http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=rubicon33&keyword=PSO+Chronicles+of+HUmar+-+Rubicon&filter=all)

gallaugher
Feb 20, 2003, 11:17 AM
If you want to live as a noob again try c-mode or make a new character with no twinks.

Vic_Viper
Feb 20, 2003, 11:33 AM
On 2003-02-20 01:42, Inu-Yasha wrote:
The worst part of the Dreamcast verson for me were the mags. Once you had one and raised one. You were stuck with it for the rest of the game. Mine always ended up to be butt-ugly little things. Were gamecubes verson, I can raise an army of mags. ^_^

I used to have a army of mags in V1 ... Most of the times Vol Opt have a mag in the box at the middle of it's chamber. Likely to be found in normal mode, online or offline. (doesn't matter much)
Maybe you just got bad luck with mags, or didn't played much the mines .... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

oxxjuniorxxo
Feb 20, 2003, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I too was once a n00b. Back on day one of PSO DC. I popped in my BBA and PSO. WoW What a day, I dont think that I even went to sleep that night. I remember missing 4 days of school for PSO. 1st day went to the mall, and the game was delayed...BY ONE DAY. 2nd day went back was there 30 mins before it opened, waited. Bought the game and heaven soon came after. I spent over 100 hours the first week of playing. and Soon after reached lvl 100 (Prolly round 130 hours). Now I play nearly as often, with a few extra characters. Trying to help all the n00b that are out there today. I wish I had the keyboard though cause then helping would be that much easier. Well, Ill try to type more later about my first adventure, but till then....CLASS TIME!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thumbalina2k
Feb 20, 2003, 11:52 AM
i remember my 1st time playing PSO on DC. I had a force named ShortyDaPmP. I literally ran away from the delsabers, because they freaked me out when I 1st saw them. They would all the sudden jump at you, and scare the SH*T outta ya!

Durandal37
Feb 20, 2003, 01:05 PM
Hahahaha.. ah man. The days of being a newbie. That was great.

I still remember when someone showed me the trick of going through locked doors. I was "holy crap!" And then that same person busted out his double saber, and I was so amazed. I still remember getting my very first double saber stolen, and being pissed about it for DAYS.