PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Dance or Dus Robado?

New_One
May 3, 2009, 04:52 AM
Just lookin for some opinions on what PA would be better for mobs on a cast FM?

btw i don't really like using Majarra but i'd be open to other suggestions. At the moment i'm leaning towards TD.

ShonagarACE
May 3, 2009, 09:05 AM
Well those two PA's aren't even similar, so it depends what you want to do with it. (If you meant Tornado Break, that would make more sense.)

If you want to hit everything around you fairly hard, go with Robado. Also this one doesn't cost 99 frags. I personally like this PA much better.

If you want to launch monsters around, or hit bigger enemies for a good bit of damage, Tornado Dance is pretty decent.

New_One
May 3, 2009, 09:19 AM
ah bugger, yeah i meant tornado break, the first sword pa

ashley50
May 3, 2009, 09:25 AM
tornado break hits 6 targets on its last combo...

Gibdozer
May 3, 2009, 09:42 AM
Well you should still use Dus Robado because Tornado Break sucks! Have you tried Spiral Dance for the double saber? Spiral is an incredibly powerful and quick PA for multiple enemies. I would bet that many Fighgunners and masters would agree it is the Dus Majarra of the double saber.

Warlock01
May 3, 2009, 09:57 AM
dus robado is wicked sick. knock back on the 3rd move, but most things dont live past the second :p

biggabertha
May 3, 2009, 11:12 AM
Tornado Break's awesome just because it hits so many targets now. Couple that with the amount of targets a Longsword can hit and you have a very useful output for long-life PA usage.

Dus Robado's very strong too and with the a Gekitsnata, you can even extend the range a little if it helps. It also looks better of the two but it's PP management isn't as good as Tornado Break - it costs quite a bit more to use.

Arguably though, Longswords are so much easier to get but harder to use due to their speed. Tornado Break's got nothing on PAs like Anga Jabroga or Absolute Dance but it does do very well.

I'm fairly sure though, that Tornado Break has better DPS than Dus Robado but I don't like how using Tornado Break would mean that you have to excellent balance to be able to pirouette quite like that. (Awesome though)

New_One
May 3, 2009, 12:17 PM
thanks for all the input

I did think about looking into double saber pa's but its my least favourite weapon out the four, swords being the best of course! I'm still unsure about which is the best AoE pa out of the two, i think i'll level robado more. It hits its targets twice in the 2nd and 3rd part which i think may be more useful than the rare occasion of having 6 in range of tornado break. Robado also has higher damage %'s. meh... atleast i've still got gravity break to have on my swords..

TecherRamen
May 3, 2009, 01:03 PM
Hey. If you love dubbz you could consider gravity dance. It works pretty much the same as dus robado and tornado break just with smaller range and less number of targets. but all three of those PAs do more or less the same thing. Also what is a plus with gravity dance is that the last part of it doesnt knock enemies back but rather knocks them up. which is great for anyone attacking the same enemies as you since it doesnt knock them out of their range.

All in all tho Dus Robado is awesome and you cant go wrong with it ever. I just didnt see anyone mention gravity dance.

Gibdozer
May 3, 2009, 08:40 PM
Hey. If you love dubbz you could consider gravity dance. It works pretty much the same as dus robado and tornado break just with smaller range and less number of targets. but all three of those PAs do more or less the same thing. Also what is a plus with gravity dance is that the last part of it doesnt knock enemies back but rather knocks them up. which is great for anyone attacking the same enemies as you since it doesnt knock them out of their range.

All in all tho Dus Robado is awesome and you cant go wrong with it ever. I just didnt see anyone mention gravity dance.

Gravity dance is super fluid, fast, and visually stunning! That said for all its flash it does about a 1/3 the damage of Spiral Dance. Sounds like the Op has made up his mind, but if you like doubles and haven't tried this PA I urge you to give it a go!

janejana
May 3, 2009, 09:37 PM
i prefer gravity dance to spiral dance on mobs - the knockback on spiral dance's second hit is pretty annoying on small enemies. i know you can avoid hitting things with the second hit so there's no kb but that seems to defeat the purpose of using it <_<

anyway i think dus robado > tornado break > gravity dance, in terms of efficiency. there are a few situations where tornado break outdoes robado b/c of the extra targets it gets, but most times, robado is better because it's faster.

hunterseifer
May 4, 2009, 03:45 PM
I say lvl all three, there all easy to lvl and when that pa lvl up bonus it'll be even easier o_o; its more fun to have alot of skills to choose from since its not too restricting.

panzer_unit
May 4, 2009, 04:08 PM
dus robado is wicked sick. knock back on the 3rd move, but most things dont live past the second :p

... meaning that you could be killing enemies 4 at a time with Tornado Break instead of 3 at a time with Dus Robado. I don't see how a fighter can go without Tornado Break for wiping out groups of small targets all at once or doing their share of each kill when they're in a large AOE-damage spamming group. People spend millions and millions of meseta on a weapon that might give a 5% boost to how fast they kill enemies, then totally ignore having an alternate PA that lets them do the job 33% faster against the right opponents.

You need Dus Robado too, it's the best move going for fighting enemies 3 at a time.

TecherRamen
May 4, 2009, 05:03 PM
I say lvl all three, there all easy to lvl and when that pa lvl up bonus it'll be even easier o_o; its more fun to have alot of skills to choose from since its not too restricting.

Yeah decide which you like best for yourself. try not to think about damage alone but also the way in which they hold back enemies. These three attacks can be used to defend both yourself and your teamates in unique ways.
Additionally about gravity dance. Despite being week, you can move around with it much more than with the other two attacks. meaning that in certain difficult situations it will keep you alive because you can simultaneously dodge and attack your enemies.