PDA

View Full Version : Online quests offline?

irishman92
May 3, 2009, 03:09 PM
is there a way to put online quests onto a memory card and play those quests offline?

UnluckyHunter
May 3, 2009, 05:48 PM
Yes. There are places that offer some offline quests for download (Up to you to find them).

Genoa
May 3, 2009, 06:59 PM
You can't download anything special, that's for sure. I'm trying to recall which quests you can download for GC. I can't think of anything other than Central Dome Fire Swirl.
From what I can remember, it was only quests that were good for a change of pace, but nothing really worth while ever came out of them.

trypticon
May 3, 2009, 07:02 PM
All of the online quests are available for download, if you know where to find them.

AlexCraig
May 3, 2009, 08:33 PM
Most of the downloadable quests are already there on PSO+

psofan219
May 3, 2009, 08:37 PM
If you can say, how would you download them? Like, would you need anything special for your computer? I've been wondering for a while now, and I don't think I'm ever going to come across PSO+.

Nisoth
May 3, 2009, 08:58 PM
You can download almost any quest on certain unmentionable servers. I was able to find Mop up Operatoins, Gallon's Shop, and others that I can play offline. Unfortunately, I can't complete Towards the Future or it's episode 2 variation, but they're still useful for hunting rare items. :)

trypticon
May 3, 2009, 09:18 PM
Most of the downloadable quests are already there on PSO+

That's just not correct.

psofan219
May 3, 2009, 09:22 PM
Oh, so you have to go through "them" then? That means I probably have to connect my GC to go online, right?

trypticon
May 3, 2009, 11:15 PM
Oh, so you have to go through "them" then? That means I probably have to connect my GC to go online, right?

Well, you can't go and download them from nothing, can you? It's not the "them" server that you''re not allowed to write about here. Indeed, while the owner of the server to download things from is a wellstanding and respected member at the "them" place, you're also not permitted to discuss downloading of the online quests even there.

No big deal though. If you go there, you can probably find what you're looking for relatively quickly. I made sure to download Gallons Shop so I could add percentages to weapons, and specials to S ranks. Out of all of the quests available online, Sonic Team should have made that one downloadable for that reason alone, and if you don't have it available offline yet, I encourage you to go get it.

psofan219
May 4, 2009, 12:19 AM
So then, should I edit my posts before they're seen by a mod then? If a mod does see it before I get an answer to this, I'm sorry, I had no idea.

trypticon
May 4, 2009, 09:20 AM
When I was reading over your replies the first time, I didn't see any need for you to rewrite them. You didn't give any specifics on anything that players here shouldn't know about already.

Zanesfield
May 4, 2009, 03:39 PM
I would really like to have all of the online quest be offline beacuse i only play offline

furrypaws
May 4, 2009, 05:23 PM
The "main" server which you will likely come across if you're a GCN player or a BB player (although this only applies to GCN of course) will allow you to download the four that were included in PSO+; East Tower, West Tower, Seat of the Heart, and Central Dome Fire Swirl. However, you can host your own server (use google or ask on the "main" server's forum) and download quests from there, as well as several other unofficial servers which allow all quests for download. You'll want to watch out for the lousy homebrew ones though (a crapload of enemies in forest; all Love Rappies in Temple; etc.).

psofan219
May 5, 2009, 08:37 PM
So in otherwords, I'll need to connect up to online then?

furrypaws
May 6, 2009, 07:23 AM
Pretty much, yes. I mean, I don't know the specifics, but maybe, maybe, if you were to get a USB card...wait, you'd still need to get online to do what I was thinking of.

But if you did get a USB card, you could get someone to get a fresh set of quests for you and send them over the internet, but with a catch; they'd have to be entirely new characters. You couldn't play the quests with your old characters unless you were somehow able to enter in the same serial number and access key as the person who sent you the quests, as DLC quests are tied to Access Key/Serial Number, and you can only (as far to my knowledge) enter those in if you at least have a Modem Adapter or a Broadband Adapter, which I'm assuming you don't.

So, in the end, you've got these options;
-Purchase a USB card, get someone with another USB card to help you out (this might be more expensive and time consuming than just buying a BBA =P)
-Purchase a Broadband Adapter/Modem Adapter and get online once to download the quests.
-Purchase a USB card AND a BBA/MA to enter in your Serials and have someone just send you the quest files on a decided serial.

Is the problem connecting online, or connecting in general? I don't know much about this stuff, but if you have a BBA (or maybe even a Modem Adapter), you might be able to connect directly to your own computer hosting a personal server (Google will be your friend here). I'm just assuming that's not the problem though.

trypticon
May 6, 2009, 03:51 PM
He asked if he would have to go online twice, so it seems to me that he's been given an idea that since online isn't supported by Sonic Team anymore, that all forms of online are now evil and need to be avoided.

Short answer again, if you want online quests, you'll need to go online to get them. If you connect to a server to download them, you may as well connect to the servers to play them with other people and experience what PSO is really supposed to be about.

psofan219
May 6, 2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah, sorry for asking that twice. Forgot I asked it actually^^; Thank you guys.