PDA

View Full Version : Tornado or Absolute Dance?

Randomness
May 4, 2009, 04:59 PM
Of the two, which is more useful overall? Or would one of the shop PAs be better for a FI?

Currently, my other main weapons are twin daggers/sabers.

Triple_S
May 4, 2009, 05:16 PM
For sheer large numbers, you can't beat Absolute. Levels slow though until you hit 11. If you want to take this, I suggest leveling it when we get the PA EXP boost. This works better with a Fighmaster, but I made it work well as a Fighgunner when I was one.

Tornado Dance levels insanely fast though. Has amazing mobility and does pretty good damage. Also, PSYCHO CRUSHER

Gravity Dance hits many times, but doesn't do much damage until the last hit. Covers just about everything around you though.

Spiral Dance is quick and painful. Not as painful as Absolute Dance, but also not as painful to level. Probably better for Fighgunner than Absolute Dance.

To be honest, they all have their uses. Tornado is good to have, so if you want a frag PA then get Tornado first. Use it for large enemies that you don't want to get hit by, as you can spin all around them, or dart back and forth while dealing nice damage. However for the small mobs, unless you are soloing you'll want another art to go with it. Gravity Dance is good for widespread flinching and pain, plus it looks better than Spiral Dance in my opinion, if you want to look sweet while attacking. Spiral is your power alternative. It doesn't hit as many enemies, but it also hits harder. I'd save Absolute for later, even though it looks badass and hurts like hell. Although it shouldn't be hard to just get both before the PA EXP bonus.

Randomness
May 4, 2009, 05:45 PM
I'll probably pick up Tornado off spheres then, and stick with Gravity otherwise.

I can just stick with Moubu and Cross for heavier damage to enemies.

Aries2384
May 4, 2009, 05:58 PM
Stay away from Tornado unless you intend to use it on bosses or big enemies that can't be thrown around. Thats the last thing we need; more people who spam tornado dance on small enemies with shit double sabers. All that does is piss off everyone else and make the runs longer. Stick with Gravity/Spiral/Absolute. They dole out heavier damage and don't piss people off as much (except for the last hits of Spiral and Absolute)

TecherRamen
May 4, 2009, 08:26 PM
Indeed TD is for big creatures or if youre on PC and run in FrameSkip 1 or 0 you can use it to travel.
Never Liked AD much. always thought it was kind of messy and unpredictable.

Chuck_Norris
May 4, 2009, 08:31 PM
Spiral Dance is without a doubt the strongest doublesaber move. Gravity Dance is okay too, but it's more of a crowd control. Absolute Dance is is absolute shit. Stay FAR away.

mvffin
May 5, 2009, 04:15 AM
Spiral is the best, but Absolute Dance isn't THAT bad. Just don't ever ever ever use the 3rd part. It's pretty good for bosses, and 3-box enemies, like Svaltus, SEED-Ardite, etc.

Gibdozer
May 9, 2009, 09:26 AM
Spiral Dance is without a doubt the strongest doublesaber move. Gravity Dance is okay too, but it's more of a crowd control. Absolute Dance is is absolute shit. Stay FAR away.

Listen to Chuck he is right on the money with this one. I only want to add that Tornado Dance is an essential tool for soloing as a fighgunner.

Hrith
May 10, 2009, 12:41 PM
Spiral Dance is without a doubt the strongest doublesaber move. Gravity Dance is okay too, but it's more of a crowd control. Absolute Dance is is absolute shit. Stay FAR away.Someone has not used AD past Lv1, lol.

Absolute Dance is a lot more powerful than Spiral Dance, and does not knockback (never use the last hit on AD).

Spiral Dance is a very good skill, but in terms of power, it's nowhere near Absolute Dance.

Tornado Dance is extremely useful against four-leggers, since it does the same damage as Spiral Dance, but doesn't get as easily interrupted.

Gibdozer
May 10, 2009, 01:58 PM
Nope sorry Hrith I have all the double saber skills leveled 30 or higher, and Absolute dance is absolute shit. It sounds to me like you haven't leveled Spiral Dance, as anyone who has will not deny its superiority. Spiral Dance has amazing power and accuracy, hitting multiple targets for obscene damage, it's the Dus Majarra of double sabers.

Since you never use the last hit of Absolute Dance and the first hit is totally worthless, your saying that the second motion of Absolute is superior to the entire Spiral Dance PA!
While I agree that the second segment of Absolute is excellent, it doesn't balance out the other two parts of a lousy PA skill.

I understand how you feel I didn't use Spiral for a long time (it was the last dbl PA I lvld), but if you give it an honest chance it will make you a believer.

Magus_84
May 10, 2009, 02:43 PM
Nope sorry Hrith I have all the double saber skills leveled 30 or higher, and Absolute dance is absolute shit. It sounds to me like you haven't leveled Spiral Dance, as anyone who has will not deny its superiority. Spiral Dance has amazing power and accuracy, hitting multiple targets for obscene damage, it's the Dus Majarra of double sabers.

Since you never use the last hit of Absolute Dance and the first hit is totally worthless, your saying that the second motion of Absolute is superior to the entire Spiral Dance PA!
While I agree that the second segment of Absolute is excellent, it doesn't balance out the other two parts of a lousy PA skill.

I understand how you feel I didn't use Spiral for a long time (it was the last dbl PA I lvld), but if you give it an honest chance it will make you a believer.

Hrith used to be a Spiral Dance evangelist, if I recall correctly. >_>

Absolute Dance has more of a "total" damage potential if used correctly in the proper situation, but Spiral seems much better for general use. As long as you either miss with the kick or only use it on stuff that can't be blown away.

Shou
May 10, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hirth, get of abosolute dance's nuts already lol it sucks.

Hrith
May 10, 2009, 07:19 PM
[...]What a load of bullshit.

Spiral Dance is:
(145 x 2 x 3) + (300 x 2 x 2) + (350 x 2 x 3) = 4,170

Absolute Dance is (without third part):
(430 x 3 x 1) + (300 x 3 x 4) = 4,890

Those two take approximately the same time to execute, since you're only using two parts of AD.

FYI, Dus Majarra is 4,020, and takes longer to execute (but spears have more ATP).

Oh and I've had those four double saber PAs at Lv40 for the longest time, and Spiral Dance was the first there. Now they're on their way to Lv50, but I rarely use double sabers at all in this event.

Gibdozer
May 10, 2009, 11:14 PM
You just can't polish a turd.

Anduril
May 10, 2009, 11:36 PM
You just can't polish a turd.
I beg to differ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBj6PonX14A around 7:50.

But to add my two cents: If you want to use the PA frags get Absolute Dance and don't use the third combo, otherwise Spiral Dance is great if you already have it leveled. I tend to avoid Tornado Dance due to bad experiences with Fighgunners when I started playing.

Gibdozer
May 11, 2009, 03:09 AM
I stand corrected you can in fact polish a turd ;however, it is still a turd albeit a shiny one.

Hrith
May 11, 2009, 04:42 AM
It'd be more accurate to say you can't polish a turdy player?

I only use Absolute Dance on big monsters with at least three weak spots, including bosses. Against those, the DPS of Absolute Dance is close to or above that of Anga Jabroga, depending on the enemy.

If you take De Ragan, for instance, since we are regularly fighting it in the current event, Anga Jabroga sure does the most damage as Fortefighter/Fighmaster (roughly 30,000 per hit), and everyone thinks it takes 6 seconds to use it. But in reality, it's longer than that, because between each strike, you have to reposition yourself, making the average at one Anga Jabroga every 8~10 seconds, not 6.

Taking that into account, Ikk Hikk (FF), Absolute Dance (FM) and Adaka Val (beasts) may kill this boss faster.
Why "may"? Because IH and AD can be canceled from the boss just walking, because AJ cannot miss, and because you die easily in Adaka Val form. But such a fact should not be overlooked, especially since AJ will be fixed at some point and lose its perfect accuracy.

Still related to this event, AD kills Svaltus and Gol Dolva faster than AJ, assuming you don't get too many 0s.

Against two targets, Spiral Dance/Dus Majarra are probably the most powerful (and definitely more than AD). Against three targets, AD is the best skill to use, for the classes which have it.

Of course my AD is Lv43, and taking it there took several hours of rescuing Hyuga (that guy must be so 'rescued' on my chars, it's amazing I can still run that mission). That is probably the best argument against Absolute Dance, it's by far the slowest skill to raise, worse than even Anga Dugrega and Gravity Break. If you're not ready to spend hours taking a skill to Lv40 or 50, then don't get Absolute Dance.

Gibdozer
May 12, 2009, 08:40 AM
My Absolute Dance is level 34, and I still say it sucks. I think advising this PA to the OP is a dirty trick on your part Hrith, and claiming Absolute Dance to be equal/superior to Jabroga is absurd!

When the three suns of Vulcan align with Cybertrons orbit Absolute can out power Jabroga, at any other time it's practically useless.

"Absolute Dance kills Svaltus and Gol Dolva faster than Jabroga, assuming you don't get too many 0s". When do you not get too many zeros using Absolute Dance? Will it stop sucking if I level it up more, the answer is no it will never stop sucking.

You like AD and thats fine, but I can't agree with seriously advising it's use to someone who was honestly asking for help. I only send people I don't like after absolute dance, and they generally deserve it.

Triple_S
May 12, 2009, 06:25 PM
When do you not get too many zeros using Absolute Dance?

When you stop being a Beast with no accuracy units equipped. I RARELY miss with AD.

mvffin
May 12, 2009, 07:31 PM
My Absolute Dance is level 34, and I still say it sucks. I think advising this PA to the OP is a dirty trick on your part Hrith, and claiming Absolute Dance to be equal/superior to Jabroga is absurd!

The example he used was the Svaltus in the event, if you're Abs Dance is 50, it will kill them just as fast as Jabroga 50. My Abs Dance is only 37ish, and its pretty close to the same speed as Jabroga, using 42% Okanoh and Double Agito.