PDA

View Full Version : Rare Encounters in TTF?

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
May 5, 2009, 07:51 AM
Hiya all,

I've been playing on PSOBB for about 2 months now, alot of my levelling has come from TTF spamming, but I was wondering what rare enemies can be encountered? Seeing as I've run so many TTF's i'd have expected to see most enemies, I mean looking at my character's ID's drop lists I tend to find nearly every item listed depending on each difficulty.

BUT! This doesn't include rare enemies, the only one's i've ever found on TTF are the Lily variants in caves, but what about Hildeblue's? Pouilly Slimes? Do these even occur in TTF because I've seriously run hundreds of these runs over 4 different characters and i'm still waiting to see a Pouilly Slime which will be really handy for certain drops I need.

I know there's a pipe trick, but not sure what it is. I'm guessing, say you're in Caves in TTF the room where about 6 lillies spawn, if you made a pipe there then came back and repeat until one lily appears rare? Or am I way off the mark with that one :S

Sorry i'm just a bit confused as I really want to find more rare enemy encounters but TTF doesn't seem to be the way :(

Thanks,

Tifa

Ithildin
May 5, 2009, 08:55 AM
Doesn't matter how many times you have ran TTF, the rare enemies are random. I have been playing PSO since 2003 and I've only ever seen the rare slime once. The pipe trick also won't work in BB. THe pipe trick only works in GC and DC. Its because on BB the enemies, characters, etc are all saved server side. So if you spot a rare enemy on BB and then are killed, you can go back to P2 and the rare enemy will still be there. This WON'T happen in GC/DC.

All I can say is good luck hunting those slimes. Continue to split them in TTF that could be your best shot. Alternatively do some MAX attack A (just the caves part). There are tons of lillies and slimes in that too. For hildeblues or hildetorrs trythe story quest Forest of Sorrow.

Hope this helps.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
May 5, 2009, 09:42 AM
Awesome thanks for the info, yeah I only recall seeing Pouilly slimes twice back on my dreamcast PSO but that was getting so long ago lol, I recall seeing more rare enemies in normal runs rather than missions so I might try and spam normal cave runs to see if that helps :)

Tifa

TrueChaos
May 5, 2009, 11:46 AM
yeah, i've fought all the rare enemies on TTF more than once and i've only been playing for 4 months.

Akruta
May 6, 2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah I saw A Hildeblue spawn first room... When I was on Normal... I was mad.

Zeo_Rhend
May 18, 2009, 02:57 PM
ya ive seen 3 rare lilies a hildablue and one rare rappy on ult. dont feel bad i feel ur pain im currently doin addicting food on vh to try n drop god/body for my skyly n runnin ult caves to drop either chain sawd or red sword its annoying im very impatient