PDA

View Full Version : Guide Iris's Newman Gunmaster (humans too) guide for Magashi

IrisForscythe
May 5, 2009, 09:33 AM
Ok you will need the following.

a Level 31+ Rifle bullet
a Level 40+ Shotgun Bullet

I personally suggest ice bullets here for the shotgun, as while light may do more damage, Ice stalls enemies allowing less damage (and thus saving healing items) the ice shotgun seems to work decently.

The Rifle I suggest a ice bullet, in B-1 you'll be happy for the freeze when sniping Dilnazens

Items you will definatly need:
20 Monomates
20 Dimates
20 Trimates
10 Star Atomizers
5 Virus Trap g
20 Attack Buff Items
20 Defence Buff Items
20 Antimates

on the pallet only set Dimates, trimates, Antimates, and your buff items.
until block B this will change.

Suggested Weapons:
Rifle
Shotgun
Laser

Walkthrough:

A-1:

First Room:

Annoying Nava Luddas spawn first, first wave has a King Nava in it.
What you'll do is run into the room and trigger the spawn then retreat back into the hallway and whip out your rifle. At level 31 you'll have your knockdown so just blast them as they enter the hallway, 2 or 3 shots will do them in. Repeat till the boxes spawn.

Whip out your laser (which for this mission will server to reserve the pp of your other important guns) and open the boxes.

Second Room:

Teleporter 1:

here you have about.. 6-8 Delp Slamis. Your task is simple, Point blank shotgun TO THE FACE *ahems* with a decent level bullet you should one shot 1-2 at a time.

Teleporter 2: More Navas spawn here, the first wave is 2 Navas and a Drua Gohra. Avoid by circling them and the Gohra in a direction away from the Gohmas mouth to avoid that random triple foie. while moving blast your shotgun into it's side. Once the first one dies just shotgun spam until the next one spawns. Repeat until dead.

Third Room:

Passed the two gates you just opened. More Navas and more Delps. Just break out the rifle and roflpwn them.

Fourth Room:

This area has 2 phases with the 1st phase Repeating.

1st Phase: Navas and Gohras. The tactic used in Teleporter 2 works just fine here, you have less room but that shouldn't really be a problem.

2nd Phase: Delps lots of them. They all spawn near the exit. Take them out pointblank with your shotgun.

Return of the 1st Phase: Same as Teleporter 2. Be careful about killing the Navas before the Gohma or you'll be facing 2 Gohmas at once. Yes this is kinda bad. Also a disarm trap spawns between the delpi area, and the rest of the room.

A-2:

Despite the size of the enemies this is the easiest room in the mission.

Your first enemy is a Bafal Bragga. Just stay behind it and shotgun it in the back.

Next, Jusnagun, Break out the rifle and rifle rape it. Repeat for the next one.

Next another Bafal Bragga. This ones buffed but who cares. Repeat the strategy from the first.

Hopefully you snagged a Pakuda Board.

B Block

ok before you run forward and Enter B-1 swap out your antimates for your virus traps.

B-1

Room 1: Navas and Dilnazens. Dilnazens suck, if you're not careful they will rape your squishy Newman(Or less squishy Human) HP.

Run in and trigger the spawn of 2 Navas and a Dilnazen, then run back to the hall ways bend so your still facing out. Turn Strafe on and here we go.

Focus your rape on the Dilnazen, the Navas will respawn about half of the way down the hall, just watch for that mini-foie. Avoid by side stepping into the hallway to your left. The Dilnazen's wind shockwave thing, I dont know it's range so if you see it, to be safe sidestep to the left.

After the first Dilnazen kill the Navas until the next one spawns. Repeat until done. If you make 2 or even 3 spawn don't panic, all this means is the amount of vortexes will increase. Dodge to the left.

Room 2:

Zoonas. This is as easy as delicious cake. Shotgun spam, lots of it. Point blank when you can. who cares about the disarm trap.

Room 3:

Shit sucks. I hate this room. First note is 2 disarm traps, usually this isn't important but your fighting Dilnazens so they become a pain. Also you have crushing traps of death in the hall way that WILL 1 hit you if you run back without looking.

Ok first spawn is 2 Navas and a Dilnazen. stay behind the dis arm traps and move side to side and around the Nava attacks until you lure him to your side. Circle him at the closest possible range once you do as his attack's hit box is smallest so dodging is easier. When your behind him blast one in his back and start moving again. DO NOT KILL THE NAVAS or you'll spawn another Dilnazen, and in this room you don't want that.

Once the Dilnazen is dead, kill the Navas untill the 2nd one spawns. Kill him in the same way.

Kill Navas until the first buffed Dilnazen spawns, you have a choice here now. You can kill him like you did the rest and dance with death, or use a new method.

Continue killing the Navas until the 2nd buffed Dilnazen spawns. Yes i know i said 2 Dilnazens were bad but this tactic works only once so i saved it for the buffed ones. Finish killing the Nava's then herd the 2 Dilnazen's close togeather. Equip your Virus Trap Gs drop one and set it off. make sure you hit them both. Run around until the trap ends then repeat until the damage they take is 0 from virus. At this point just shotgun.

If your not a squishy newman or a human. Nanoblast/Paradi here.

Your done here.

B-2

Galdeens and Panda- I mean Vandas. Focus on the Galdeens as the Diga is horribly easy to dodge and there's only 1 Vanda at a time. once thats done kill the Vandas.

Rest of the walkthrough at a later date

ashley50
May 5, 2009, 10:15 AM
I prefer GunTecher instead of GM...imo

This good for tjose who find PSU "hard" or can't do "on the spot strategy".

6_8_10
May 5, 2009, 05:51 PM
I find in A-2 that it's easier to immediately run behind the fence to the right of the door and snipe from there instead of trying to tango with the critters. If you aren't fast enough on the draw, you may need to dodge the bird's megid, but you're still safe from their swoop attack.

IrisForscythe
May 5, 2009, 06:10 PM
Thats certainly a Viable option. AAlso can we avoid posts on "I prefer <insert class here>. This isn't the thread for your opinions on classes

Suzuka Miyamoto
May 9, 2009, 03:01 AM
Why is this post called newman gunmaster?

Most smart cast players use this way of playing the game all the time???
Im confused on the title of this post???