PDA

View Full Version : brett favre to meet with the vikings about coming back. his reason?

BlaizeYES
May 7, 2009, 01:21 AM
REVENGE.

well apparently he's unhappy with his treatment when he was ambivalent about retiring on the packers, before they chose aaron rogers. playing for the jets wasnt good enough. he needs to be on the team that needs only a quarterback to GO THE DISTANCE.

i can see it now: when favre enters that locker room in minnesota after a hard-fought game against green bay in week 4, he will remain stoic towards his teammates when asked to comment on their defeat against the packers. our silent cowboy will take off his shoulder pads, but with an emotional burden still weighing his back down, he will numb his wounds with a few percocets to ease his physical and mental suffering...

but when approached by adrian peterson on why there was 35 consecutive play action pass plays called during the loss, brett favre will immediately break character and bark back:

"I REGRET NOTHING"

YES. and then he will say my other favorite line that i have muttered on numerous occasions, but the old packman will say this in the wake of his second superbowl to the AFC's chosen quarterback after the vikings win:

"YOU'RE NO BRETT FAVRE"

and will proceed to pass for 1800 yards in the superbowl.

i was never really a favre fan, but jesus, some of the things he does makes me like him. being driven to play another year for a rival team while your 40th birthday is right around the corner... it just makes me so happy. i know i wasnt going to say it, but this year i think is going to be a pretty fun year for me, mainly because the NFC north is going to be actually competitive instead of a mediocre bears-vikings matchup. but favre is just meeting with the vikings in a few days, nothing is in stone. but he better go there... i need more parody to watch my football with.

lions have peterson, just got foote, and we already have ernie sims. honestly it never hit me what was happening, but our defense may actually be pretty fucking good! finally detroit takes a detour to LINEBACKER CITY. i say we go to a 3-4 defense, no other nfc north team is using it and it'd be nice to see a little ingenuity coming from the lions to stir things up a bit, throw off some of those teams that think that our shit cover 2 is going to make another appearance.

its about time we see some good POUNDING OF THE ROCK that marinelli promised we'd be getting in detroit. i want that rock pounded so hard that it breaks in half

Shadowpawn
May 7, 2009, 05:47 AM
He should just retire already.

Powder Keg
May 7, 2009, 06:12 AM
What a tool. He should at least wait a while to make a decision before breaking into tears for the 100th time and want to come out of retirement.

BlaizeYES
May 7, 2009, 11:52 AM
lol i know brett favre has said he retires countless times to just keep people hanging on and its annoying seeing people kiss his ass and talking about "how good brett favre is."
and i still think that brett favre is bottoming out soon and should probably retire before he just turns into a joke. and he'll keep saying he's retiring and then come back as long as someone lets him.

but really. his motive alone, him actually STATING the reason for coming back... i give him a free pass this time. nobody can stand in the way of LOVE, and i think the same should be said about HATE. so i say to you: let the boy throw the ball around a few more times. LET HIM FEEL ALIVE AGAIN. just for one more season. after that, the whole "revenge" angle will be used up and we can return to normalcy.

UNTIL THEN, let this be a soap opera season that PUTS "THE HILLS" TO SHAME

AC9breaker
May 7, 2009, 05:03 PM
Any team who picks up Favre is even fucking dumber then him for staying retired.

but lmao @ Soap Opera season. I was just commenting that to my boss how big of a cry baby he is. What an asshole.
Also if I'm not mistaken hasn't there been talks of Michael Vick being approached by a few teams? Oh boy...

BlaizeYES
May 7, 2009, 06:17 PM
lol well the michael vick thing i could care less about, i think marcus vick was more of a problem child than michael was. dog fighting, big deal. i thought it was made into a much much much bigger problem than it actually should have been... i just dont really care about dogs, this isnt like a DOG 9/11. just think of it like the movie gladiator, in a K-9 version. and those sarah mclachlan commercials that last 2 minutes long showing pictures of sad orphan dogs and her singing, i could do without.

but yea, tony dungy has been visiting vick from prison as part of his ministry work... and michael vick has to do a manditory job at a construction site making 10$ an hour as part of his probation. funny thing is, 5-6 years ago, vick was my favorite quarterback, and i liked the old atlanta. but eh, i don't see him being a big impact if he eventually comes back.

and i've never liked brett favre, never really cared for him. 2 years ago, i was starting to warm up to him when they had that good year when empires were temporarily created with the cowboys and packers in the nfc, and the colts and patriots in the afc. i wanted him to win so it'd be a repeat of 1996 when the pack attack beat the patriots in the superbowl, and it could have been repeated again with brett favre retiring immediately after the game. GOD what a good year that was for football! but after that season favre was up to his usual antics again. but this time, his "reason" for returning is too good to pass up. vikings have to take him, i am absolutely loving the idea of REVENGE AGAINST GREEN BAY. ive always hated green bay anyway, they've always been the biggest rivals of the lions in the nfc north.

i dont care how many interceptions he throws, or how bad he does... i just want to see the desperation, the resilience to let football go and forgive the packers. i will LOVE IT

SStrikerR
May 7, 2009, 06:28 PM
Fave said he's not going to sign with them.
*coughsneeze*
Oh, sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

Mizari
May 7, 2009, 11:54 PM
All I know is, right now, somewhere, Terrell Owens is pissed that Favre is getting all the attention again. :rant:

BlaizeYES
May 8, 2009, 02:11 AM
eh, i dont hate TO. and he'll be good for at least a year in buffalo. he's usually well behaved for that long

kevlar_pso
May 10, 2009, 11:49 PM
I used to live three blocks from the Metrodome. GO VIKES!

BlaizeYES
May 11, 2009, 11:33 AM
yes... if favre goes to vikings, i think they have a renegade that can probably pay off. and it'd take some pressure off of brett to control the game himself because he's got the best runningback in the nfl. if anything, that will only help open up the field for him. sage rosenfels is decent but hes not going to bring home a superbowl. but he's waiting on to see if he needs major surgery on his throwing arm since he's old and his body is already falling apart. maybe they can install a bionic arm so it'll be like that movie i used to love as a kid... "rookie of the year"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiX-l5O52DM

best movie ever

McLaughlin
May 11, 2009, 12:49 PM
All he stands to do is tarnish his record. He should just give up and accept the fact that he's peaked.

AC9breaker
May 11, 2009, 12:57 PM
yes... if favre goes to vikings, i think they have a renegade that can probably pay off. and it'd take some pressure off of brett to control the game himself because he's got the best runningback in the nfl. if anything, that will only help open up the field for him. sage rosenfels is decent but hes not going to bring home a superbowl. but he's waiting on to see if he needs major surgery on his throwing arm since he's old and his body is already falling apart. maybe they can install a bionic arm so it'll be like that movie i used to love as a kid... "rookie of the year"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiX-l5O52DM

best movie ever

Oh god I love that movie so much.

*adds to netflix que*