PDA

View Full Version : Guide for The 4th System?

Tyreek
May 8, 2009, 01:57 PM
Me and my friends are kinda lost as to what to do with these SEED plumes. Is there someone who destroyed these things that can lend some advice please?

EspioKaos
May 8, 2009, 02:44 PM
This comes directly from the prologue mission's synopsis of the new mission. It should help you guys out some.

1. Your objective is to purify the SEED cores in the dark-infected areas, and eliminate the SEED-Forms.
2. Though it's possible for a lone player to achieve an S rank, purification requires at least three players.
3. To purify a SEED core, the surrounding SEED-Blewmes must first be destroyed, as they will emit a shield that absorbs all attacks.
4. To destroy a SEED-Blewme, the surrounding SEED-Zoma must first be destroyed.
5. In areas affected by dark infection, SEED-Zoma emit a triangular barrier around their centers. This barrier absorbs attacks similar to that of the SEED-Blewmes.
6. The verteces of each point of the triangle are called photon points and are what maintain the barrier. By standing on top of these points, the barrier's power can temporarily be disrupted. When a barrier has been eliminated, a yellow light will appear.
7. When three Guardians are standing on each of the photon points, the barrier's power will be lost, at which point the SEED-Zoma can be hit with striking or TECHNIC attacks. However, the SEED-Zoma will notice this disruption and react. Roughly ten seconds after noticing, a blast wave will be emitted, striking all enemies detected within a fixed radius. This explosion will increase an area's infection and the SEED-Zoma's barriers will no longer be able to be disrupted, making purification impossible.
8. When standing on a photon point, a forcefield disruption sound will be emitted, so listen carefully.
9. Once everyone is in place on the photon points, the defense mechanism will begin, so if even a single Guardian steps off their point, the SEED-Zoma barrier will be restored and the blast wave countdown will continue. When a barrier is disabled, a SEED-Zoma will emit a yellow light.
10. The area to be affected by a blast wave will be shown in red on your radar.

Tyreek
May 8, 2009, 03:26 PM
That's the thing, we didn't see the yellow light, so we were confused as to what was going on. But I joined a party and it seems as though everyone was using guns on the SEED Zomas which the instructions never specified. So I'm guessing that is the key.

Randomness
May 8, 2009, 04:19 PM
Wait, so you have to break all the zomas in a short time-frame?

SabZero
May 8, 2009, 04:45 PM
When you get on the buttons (all three), a ten second timer starts, after which it explodes and can't be purified anymore. So once it's open, destroy it! But stay on the circles.

Tyreek
May 8, 2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks, I had to watch how it worked a couple of times before I figured how it works. Now I can Tornado Dance it for good measure.

6_8_10
May 8, 2009, 05:40 PM
Also, aim at the base of the thing, near the floor, if you're using guns. It was a few drpping bombs before we figured that out last night.

Faramir
May 8, 2009, 08:53 PM
so me and my friends have been running 4th systems but everytime we try the first seed it never breaks th ebomb doesnt go off but it never explodes and purifies we can do the second and 3rd just fine with no probs but first one never seems to work and the bomb doesnt land on us like when u fail is the mission broken or is there an order that has to be done of the SEEDs?

Neith
May 9, 2009, 08:15 AM
so me and my friends have been running 4th systems but everytime we try the first seed it never breaks th ebomb doesnt go off but it never explodes and purifies we can do the second and 3rd just fine with no probs but first one never seems to work and the bomb doesnt land on us like when u fail is the mission broken or is there an order that has to be done of the SEEDs?

This happened to me in a party earlier. It appears the first SEED core is a little buggy. Usually it works fine though, I've only seen it glitch once.

The hitbox on the things you're meant to shoot is pretty bad though.

Slightly off-topic: Unless I have 3-4 players, I hate this mission. It just feels like a war of attrition to solo, and Fakis is one hell of a cheap boss at Lv170. It's not so bad with 3-4 people, and the 'UNKNOWN' rooms are fun to PA level in but I definitely won't be soloing it again. Managed it with a Lv125 Female Newman Acrofighter and I really don't wanna do it again (even after doing it on a Lv150 F Human Gunmaster).

Faramir
May 9, 2009, 11:38 AM
We been experminting with doing the SEEDs it may not matter but we seem to notice the first one doesnt glitch as bad or as offen if you do the second one then the third then the first one last might not be an order but certainly seems to have helped us in doing it we can almost never get it to work if we do it first off but 2>3>1 has seemed to help us a ton on not losing the extra block for items and monsters

Ruru
May 9, 2009, 12:49 PM
i wonder how long sega will continue to be biased... they seem to just love gunners. if you have only 3 people in your party and none of them can use guns you're screwed on this mission. techers cant kill the seed in the 10 second time frame and melee cant hit the seed if there are only 3 people in the party since everyone has to stay standing on the stupid circles... seriously when will sega stop hating everyone but gunners -_-;

these hit boxes are so bad too that on a techer my foie just went right through the seed without ever effecting it. diga actually hit it but was too slow to destroy it in the 10 second time frame.

kejen
May 9, 2009, 11:23 PM
You're probably not doing it right. Was playing with 2 masterforce yesterday and we had no problem.

Ruru is always crying about sega this, sega that. Any class can do this but a fighmaster. But that is the price you pay for being a fighmaster, no ranged attack. Has nothing to do with being biased towards gunners.

Ruru
May 10, 2009, 02:21 AM
at least you got it right that i complain about sega. i have a reason to and no i'm not doing it wrong. as an AF i can hit the target just fine by shooting at it (even if the hit boxes suck). as MF my foie go right through it no matter what i do and there is no targetting system. diga on the other hand will hit it but its too slow. and the reason i say this is because i was in a party with 2 other people that could not do anything to the seed because they werent the right jobs for the run. and me as the only one able to hit it as MF wasnt fast enough in the 10 second time limit to break the seed. if you dont believe me go level up MF yourself and play the mission with two FM and see if you can break the seed by yourself in 10 seconds.

also the customer is always right. get it? i can complain about sega when they do something that pisses me off since i pay to play. if you dont want to see me complaining then dont read my posts.