PDA

View Full Version : Technics to use

crzydadfitz
May 11, 2009, 09:36 PM
Hi im a lvl. 13 newman.

What r the best technics to get
I currently have foie resta diga and rezonde (or something like that)

S4CT4L1TY
May 11, 2009, 09:59 PM
dambarta easy to level and freezes enemies often dont forget buffs (shifta,dambarta,retier,zodial) & reverser

_Vyser_
May 11, 2009, 10:22 PM
Gibarta is another good one. I suggest getting all the Ra-techs along with Megid (99 PA frags) eventually down the road.

Ethateral
May 11, 2009, 10:55 PM
dambarta easy to level and freezes enemies often dont forget buffs (shifta,deband,retier,zodial) & reverser

Fixed. ;P Giresta as well. Honestly, get all the spells. >_>

unicorn
May 11, 2009, 11:24 PM
Depends on what you want to play.

Fortetecher:
- Shifta, Deband, Zodial, and Retier
- Resta, Giresta, Reverser
- All offensive techs

Masterforce:
- All offensive techs
- Resta and Reverser (Giresta is okay, but only has 1% auto regen)

Acrotecher:
- All Support Techs
- Some offensive (primarily Diga, Foie, Nosdiga, Zonde, Barta, Megid, and maybe Ratechs)

Wartecher and Guntecher:
- Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Retier
- Resta, Reverser, Giresta
- Diga, Foie, Megid, Nosdiga, Zonde, Barta.

Ethateral
May 12, 2009, 11:27 AM
Don't forget Megistar. ;/

DreXxiN
May 12, 2009, 11:52 AM
Don't forget Megistar. ;/

Unless you have an EXTREME excess of PA frags, this is an awful idea. Take a few extra seconds to cast all 4 and get all of your other ult PA techs before this one.

Genoa
May 12, 2009, 10:57 PM
Megistar was the dumbest idea ever invented.
Just level regular buffs.
And I don't want to hear anyone justifying megistar for something like Masterforce. Use and Item buff, you get more out of Item buff Lv.2 tier than MF's Lv.1 tier.
An added bonus... you don't get hurt! <_> (unless you're using Megistaride, which is kind of dumb on a Masterforce)

As a new techer with little frags, I would level your Simple and Ra-techs first and foremost. Then move on to Damu-techs. When you start investing in PA frags, for good DPS, Get Nosdiga first. Giresta is very useful and should be gotten soon (if you're Masterforce, it's still useful, but probably not as much as a priority as Attack techs).
Megid is a nice tech (not as much for it's OHKO purpose as it's just really nice for specific situations for it's dark damage.

In most cases, you'll find Ra-techs to be most useful, especially seeing at 31 it hits 4 targets and at 41 hits up to 5 targets.
Gi-techs are useful when surrounded, but if the enemies are pretty tough, it's better to run and use more Ra-techs. I would have Gi-techs as your lowest priority for leveling, especially seeing that with low AoE, Gi-techs are dangerous to use at a low character AND low PA level.
I would get Megiverse last. It's the hardest attack tech to level and it's very VERY situational, and really only good on a Rod.
As far as PA Frag techs I would recommend this order:
Nosdiga
Giresta
Megid
Noszonde
Regrants
Nosmegid
Megistar

I don't even own Megistar, the only UPA I never bought and never will.

Priority of leveling, I would recommend:
Ra techs
Simple techs
Damu techs
Nos techs
Gi techs

Don't get me wrong, all techs are useful (except Megistar), but when you're PA's are low and so is your character, you'll find Ra-techs to be the safest and most useful at the time.

crzydadfitz
May 13, 2009, 04:56 PM
ty very useful

unicorn
May 13, 2009, 10:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, all techs are useful (except Megistar), but when you're PA's are low and so is your character, you'll find Ra-techs to be the safest and most useful at the time.

AND Regrants and Megiverse. :3

I actually use them though, but their uses are debatable...

Splash
May 14, 2009, 02:33 AM
Giresta would probably be the most helpful.

Darki
May 14, 2009, 04:21 AM
Well, I use Megistar in my Wartecher instead of buffs because I play the offensive role on it. And no, I don't wanna hear "you phail not buffing" because for that I use my Guntecher. Y'know, the idea is to play a variety of things in this game, I don't play like others to have a Newman FM with Jabroga, a Beast FF with Jabroga, and a CAST PT with Jabroga and I'm not willing to have a pair of support TECHs when WT is basically the worst supporter in the game.

Also, Giresta is USELESS in MF. If you want the regeneraation so much, take off that damn Black Heart that looks like you smell bad and use an HP regen unit. It pisses me off so much when people use that tech for healing trashing all my lvl 3 regen and the ammount stacked, seriously, if you wanna heal use Resta, it heals more, faster and take less PP, which in MF would be really nice. If you want it to resurrect people, use Moon Atomizers instead. If you gotta use all 10 in only one run, I suggest you to go out of it and find a better one. -_-

If you plan seriously on play a techer, just level ALL techs and switch them depending on the needs. It's kinda lame watching an AT using Ramegid in all mobs in the mission.

Segya
May 14, 2009, 06:44 AM
If you want it to resurrect people, use Star Atomizers instead.
Stars don't work that way. Try moons or moon Xs

(And imo everyone should be using moons and no one scapes because it's cool. lol)

Ethateral
May 14, 2009, 07:12 AM
I wouldn't use Megistar on a MF, lmao. I was only saying it, were you to play GT, WT, or AT. Especially, if you died and want a quick buff. It's not completely useless.

Darki
May 14, 2009, 07:45 AM
I wouldn't use that on AT or GT neither. If you have space for a self-buff skill you have space for other useful things instead of that, as you SHOULD use buffs if you play those cases (at least in normal gameplay). I wouldn't waste one more space in my PA list having already the normal ones. For WT, I believe support is not the primary or even the secondary option, as WT has problems when trying to do support that other classes haven't: First, the speed. AT has a boost in melee and castint, that means you cast faster and you spend less time attacking so you're ready to use. GT just shoot, you won't get stuck in the middle of a combo, you can throw an insta-resta, and you can attack from a distance so you can be closer to your mates.

for FT, well, I'd say as they use them at better level, megistar is also pointless, but if you're soloing, why not.

The Moon atomizer was a typo. Anyways, is more useful to resurrect people than Giresta, if you only mean to do that. For buff, heal and resurrect of course not, but c'mon, for MF is just useless.

DreXxiN
May 14, 2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, Agreed, Wartecher is USELESS at support compared to guntecher..you know, with the same Support Technic PA cap and all. I'd rather cancel out that Giresta buff and take damage slowly from Megistar. Be a MAN GUYS, CMON!

TecherRamen
May 14, 2009, 03:56 PM
Get a tech attack for each element. try one of each type(gi, ra etc) so you can figure out what you like.

Stars don't work that way. Try moons or moon Xs

(And imo everyone should be using moons and no one scapes because it's cool. lol)

second

Genoa
May 15, 2009, 01:18 AM
Wartecher that doesn't support?
I thought that was Fortefighter?
oh right... you get a bow though
And no, Giresta as MF helps. Not so much yourself since your HP is so low and it stock piles only 1% each tick, but if no other force-type is available, even Lv.10 Giresta helps stock-pile a good hard hit for your allies.
In my opinion, MF should use a whole Rod for light-based techs.
Resta, Giersta, Reverser, and Regrants.
This makes it useful for attacking with Regrants and then using Resta when needed.
By the way, Resta 10 on a Rod heals MOST allies to full health anyways.
On top of that, the faster casting animation makes you heal just as fast as non-MF and non-AT classes using a Wand for healing (if healing with a Rod on MF)

Darki
May 15, 2009, 03:07 AM
I didn't say not to support, but WT is the class that does it the worst, so, it's kinda pointless to FOCUS on that. Of course I heal and Reverser and even use Giresta, but what I mean is that a WT shouldn't get mad at it, and people shouldn't get stupid at it, because it's much more difficult to throw a Resta or rebuff if you're in the fucking middle of a combo or surrounded by monsters.

I've been playing WT from some months before the Firebreak event, and I grew tired of not being able to heal allies because the distance, people throwing a Megistaride because I was killing things and didn't have time to use it. There are other 3 classes capable of doing support, two of them better cap, the other better use, so, why to focus on that?

Second, Giresta as MF helps when there isn't any other better supporter around. Sorry if I don't like when a MF overwrite my Giresta, but you know, if you're supposed to be a MASTER class I believe people should be a little more intelligent and know when to do things and when not.

And, resta, I never said no to that, but anyways maybe it's because I'm very used to play other MMOs, I don't know why to get so fucking obsessed with supporting as a techer. I don't know other people, but I prefer a MF forgetting about me and nuking the hell out of the monsters while I'm dying, because THAT'S THEIR JOB. Do you blame a MF for not using Star/Sol Atomizers on other people? (of course it's cool when happens, but well, not too often). I'm not going to go "OoOoh that ebil MF iz not heling meh!1!1one!" y'know. And a Trimate is much faster than Resta, btw.

Beast Boy
May 15, 2009, 03:40 AM
i use nosdiga noszonde giresta

and im savign pas for regrant im only lvl 30 xD

lvl 150 beast tho :)

Genoa
May 15, 2009, 03:44 AM
Unfortunately you're going to have to hear "you phail at buffing" if you do it as GT but not WT.
Who said you can only carry weapons that are already in your palette? As WT, I carry 8 or 9 weapons with me at a time. Hell, this isn't PSO, you have 60 items as a limit instead of 30, and in PSO I used to carry 8-10 weapons on most character types.
It only take a couple seconds to switch a weapon <__<
WT can support fine, yes I understand the healing is harder to execute due to Skill PA's, but jeeze, tier 3 buffs are decent and better than item-spamming. If you're not going to do at least that as WT then just play FF, at least you'd support the party MORE because you'd be doing more damage.

And If you override a higher Giresta with MF Giresta you're retarded in the first place, which I clearly said if there's nobody else in the party that can.
Yes, Trimates and Stars are faster.
They also deplete eventually.
I use them if it's a desperate situation that I feel obligated to, but if I'm simply in peril health and know I can make Resta in time (or I'm in range of other players to heal them in peril HP) I do so.
I don't make a big effort to stop what I'm doing and run to others who aren't in reasonable distance of my Resta range, that's not time-effective.
With an optimal PC, you can switch weapons and load PA's instantly, so yes, I spam attack techs and switch heals very quickly with no slowdown.
I can see why many other players don't do this due to their conditions.

I just think too many people think Resta 10 can't restore enough HP to be useful, when even as Cast MF Lv.1 I heal almost full health on most characters (at respective character levels)

Darki
May 15, 2009, 06:23 AM
Unfortunately you're going to have to hear "you phail at buffing" if you do it as GT but not WT.
Who said you can only carry weapons that are already in your palette? As WT, I carry 8 or 9 weapons with me at a time. Hell, this isn't PSO, you have 60 items as a limit instead of 30, and in PSO I used to carry 8-10 weapons on most character types.
It only take a couple seconds to switch a weapon <__<

Who said I didn't do support because of carrying extra weapons? I just mean that I play 4 characters, and I'm not going to do the same in any of them, so if I have a support character, I'm NOT going to focus on supporting on ANOTHER character. I think it's easy to understand. If I need to support, I'll just switch to my GT. I actually tend to carry an extra bow and madoog for switching so that's not a problem for me.

WT can support fine, yes I understand the healing is harder to execute due to Skill PA's, but jeeze, tier 3 buffs are decent and better than item-spamming. If you're not going to do at least that as WT then just play FF, at least you'd support the party MORE because you'd be doing more damage.

The problem is that I play WT because I wanna use TECHs and I wanna use melee. ST didn't gave me the option of a class that pwns at melee and TECHs at the same time, so I had to choose WT, so no, I'd never plat FF. And, anyways, I never said I play WT because I want to support, I think it's obvious that I don't. Like in the previous paragraph, I play for fun and for variety, I chose between doing support with a WT and a GT, and I decided to do with a GT because of obvious and previously stated reasons. If you don't get bored by playing 4 techer classes and doing the same fucking PAs all the time, well good for you, but I rarely use the same weapons on different characters, because if I switch characters, I don't do just to change the shape of my ears.

That said, is a FACT that WT is not a good supporter compared to other classes, unless you decide to play nurse and stay back prepared to heal, which is the job of an AT. I'm really surprised how in this game being a techer but not supporting = fail at life. There are THREE classes that can support better than WT, fuck, if you wanna support, go AT/GT/FT, if you want to be a War-nurse then be, but let other WTs to play like they want. Is not like an AT not supporting to use Whip, THAT actually is really n00bish.

Basically you're implying that a techer SHOULD do support in any cases, I'm just saying that, same that a FF can choose not to use Axes and focus on other weapons, same than a GT can decide not to use striking TECHs (for example me) and focus on guns and support, same than that GT can decide not to use Rifles or Shotguns to use Bows and Xbows instead, a WT can choose not to use buffs. Support is also healing/cureing SEs, and I do that when I can. If you're going to imply with that that I suck at supporting, then, I'd only could invite you to play with my GT. If youd need (and I mean need, not the obssessive automatic trimate popping that everybody has when HP is under 25%) to use Resta/Trimates more than 5 times, then you can start saying I suck at it.

And If you override a higher Giresta with MF Giresta you're retarded in the first place, which I clearly said if there's nobody else in the party that can.

And I clearly said that IN CASE there's a better supporter, is plainly retard to overwrite them, WHICH IS WHAT MOST MF DO.

Yes, Trimates and Stars are faster.
They also deplete eventually.
I use them if it's a desperate situation that I feel obligated to, but if I'm simply in peril health and know I can make Resta in time (or I'm in range of other players to heal them in peril HP) I do so.
I don't make a big effort to stop what I'm doing and run to others who aren't in reasonable distance of my Resta range, that's not time-effective.
With an optimal PC, you can switch weapons and load PA's instantly, so yes, I spam attack techs and switch heals very quickly with no slowdown.
I can see why many other players don't do this due to their conditions.

I don't run out of Trimates never while playing my PT, and y'know, it isn't because I had too much HP or defense. You have Resta and Trimates, I just mean that if you're doing nothing and it happens that near you there's an ally in pain then heal, but use the fucking Resta. It really makes me mad when someone does with Giresta, AND when you nicely ask please to use resta, because they're taking away my stacked healings that I need not to be pwn3d out by the SEED-venas in 1 kick and not need to take the wand out to heal every 2 seconds, they get angry and start the n00b nonsense.

I just think too many people think Resta 10 can't restore enough HP to be useful, when even as Cast MF Lv.1 I heal almost full health on most characters (at respective character levels)

I don't care how much you heal with Resta. I'm a beast WT lvl 150 with lvl 30 Resta and I never heal the 100% of my HP, I just cast another one. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Resta on MF can be as useful as you want, but if I played MF and I were attacking a mob, I wouldn't lose time changing weapons for Resta, I'd just pop a Trimate/Star Atomizer and kthxbye. Like if you'd run out of them normally.

Dymalos
May 15, 2009, 06:35 AM
Do ATs actually play this "Nurse" role you're always bringing up? The way you characterize the support role just doesn't happen in any game that I've played. I have AT 20, and it'd be mind numbingly boring to do such a thing. I think you'll find that the AT type melees much better than WT if you give it a chance, thanks to it's accelerated melee attack speed. Also, it has 18% more TP and faster casting speed than WT, resulting in better Teching too.

Dragwind
May 15, 2009, 06:52 AM
With a melee PA level cap of aT's 20 vs WT's 30 + having a weaker atp modifier alongside smaller melee weapon selection, I've never found aT's melee to be more damaging than WT's. The minor speed difference isn't as effective for melee in the aT melee department as it is for techs in my opinion.

The teching on the other hand, is indeed superior to WT's in every way. As for what techs you want to use, I always suggest getting all of them, but keep in mind what "teching" type you're playing is good at, and take advantage of it.

It all boils down to someone's "playstyle" you could say. I don't see the reason in ignoring aT's awesome 41+ support for example, but you can't force someone to play the way you want them to.

Darki
May 15, 2009, 07:07 AM
Do ATs actually play this "Nurse" role you're always bringing up? The way you characterize the support role just doesn't happen in any game that I've played. I have AT 20, and it'd be mind numbingly boring to do such a thing. I think you'll find that the AT type melees much better than WT if you give it a chance, thanks to it's accelerated melee attack speed. Also, it has 18% more TP and faster casting speed than WT, resulting in better Teching too.
Hello, Twin Daggers third combo...? Hello, Spear, Claws & Twin Claws, Twin Sabers, Knuckles, Swords?

Oh, sure. Better melee. Lol.

You can play how you want, but I'd find myself so utterly n00b, useless and retard as an AT not using support that I'd never play AT in that way. It's a matter of likes, I play GT for support instead of AT because I WANT TO. But I believe there's a limit on that, I mean, playing WT but not buffing has a pass, playing a GT and not using striking techs has a pass, but playing AT and not supporting is like playing FT and use only spear, sabers, twin daggers, handguns and whips, please. Yes, you CAN do, but don't try to convince anybody that doesn't suck.

But, I'm not meaning to insult anybody, I mean how I, ME, would feel playing an AT in that way. If you like doing that, well ok, you pay for it. That's the real matter.

Dymalos
May 15, 2009, 07:13 AM
Pardon me, I don't know the specifics on the speed boost it feels as if it's about 1.5x but I don't know that for sure. Another consideration is that most 1h P.A.'s only gain about 10% extra damage in the journey from 20 to 30, and the AT buffs do add another to the base states 8% across ATP/ATA over WT. Plus if we're talking survivability the 41 Giresta is nothing short of amazing. Although, weapon selection is definitely a department in which an AT is weak.

I won't pretend to have experienced WT first hand, but I've played along side them, and while it may be subjective to say so, I've certainly outperformed against my fair share of them, which may speak more about the quality of their play or weapons than it may about the types/

Your last sentence is certainly true. But at the same time when I'm inviting certain types to join my groups I carry certain expectations of them. I may be inviting a WT for spot buffing because I'm not an AT at the time and there is no other one availabe. To later find that he or she is the only one with buffs on him, well that'd be dissapointing.

Hello, Twin Daggers third combo...? Hello, Spear, Claws & Twin Claws, Twin Sabers, Knuckles, Swords?

Oh, sure. Better melee. Lol.

You can play how you want, but I'd find myself so utterly n00b, useless and retard as an AT not using support that I'd never play AT in that way. It's a matter of likes, I play GT for support instead of AT because I WANT TO. But I believe there's a limit on that, I mean, playing WT but not buffing has a pass, playing a GT and not using striking techs has a pass, but playing AT and not supporting is like playing FT and use only spear, sabers, twin daggers, handguns and whips, please. Yes, you CAN do, but don't try to convince anybody that doesn't suck.

But, I'm not meaning to insult anybody, I mean how I, ME, would feel playing an AT in that way. If you like doing that, well ok, you pay for it. That's the real matter.

I don't believe I ever said I didn't support as an AT. I just don't heal people up every time they suffer a couple hundred HP in damage. I'll get them when they're at half. I have every buff and even Resta above 41, it's just that I roll with more of a combat medic approach than a nurse in the wings. I may be bleeding over a discussion from previous posts of yours in other threads. But I've been a bit agitated over your views regarding the AT type. Nothing personal, I find your views on other things much more agreeable.

Darki
May 15, 2009, 07:59 AM
Pardon me, I don't know the specifics on the speed boost it feels as if it's about 1.5x but I don't know that for sure. Another consideration is that most 1h P.A.'s only gain about 10% extra damage in the journey from 20 to 30, and the AT buffs do add another to the base states 8% across ATP/ATA over WT. Plus if we're talking survivability the 41 Giresta is nothing short of amazing. Although, weapon selection is definitely a department in which an AT is weak.

You're taking in consideration that you do melee better than me (let's use us as example) just because you have more ATP and more speed. But, that might be true maybe on Sabers, Whips and Daggers, because:

1: WT has higher level and better weapon selection on Twin Daggers. Yes you attack faster, but I can use S ones and the 3rd combo, which in most cases are very useful in Twin Daggers.

2: WT can use MORE weapons. Sory but I don't believe many of your weapons can be paired with a 50% spear with level 30 Majarra, for example (I don't use Majarra anyways, that's my PT's job).

So, excuse me if I believe and afirm that WT IS better at melee than an AT.

I won't pretend to have experienced WT first hand, but I've played along side them, and while it may be subjective to say so, I've certainly outperformed against my fair share of them, which may speak more about the quality of their play or weapons than it may about the types/

Well, I don't claim to be the best WT ever, but I don't believe neither I'm a n00b. I have all my PAs maxed, many of my weapons are 50%, and something MORE important: I know WHEN to use them. So, if you're comparing me with an AT that uses whips to kill a Jarba instead of a card/mech/any other gun, well then I can say I'm 100% sure I'm much better. If you compare me, a "good" WT (let's suppose that), with you, a "good" AT (let's suppose that too, as I never played with you, so I can't know), there will be times in which you'll be better and I'll be better. But the fact is that you, as an AT, should be focusing on support, and me, a WT, should be focusing on attack. Yes, you can attack too, but if you let your support lack because of attacking that is WRONG. and I believe is the opposite for a WT. Yes, I can support too (and I do, I heal, I reverser, I giresta), but if my offensive abbilities lack because of support that is also WRONG.

That's the only thing I mean. A WT should be killing and if he wants/can, do support. An AT should be supporting and if he wants/can, attack. If a WT doesn't attack because of support, that's the only situation I believe a WT sucks same that I believe an AT sucks when it doesn't support because of attacking. And I believe this is really basic and easy, because we're talking about two fucking different classes, so, they have two fucking different roles.

Your last sentence is certainly true. But at the same time when I'm inviting certain types to join my groups I carry certain expectations of them. I may be inviting a WT for spot buffing because I'm not an AT at the time and there is no other one availabe. To later find that he or she is the only one with buffs on him, well that'd be dissapointing.

Well, THAT is your problem, I'm sorry if I sound rude. You can also check the PAs that WT is carrying when you check him. I can grant you a good fighter, a person who knows how to use their weapons and that will try to save your ass when a monster is going to kill you, but, don't ask me to be the SUPPORT one when a trimate does the job in 80% of the situations better and faster than I. You should understand that. If I'm in the middle of a mob eating damage and you too, maybe I can't heal you. A GT, by the way, would be able to do in that 80% of the cases. An AT, in the other hand, it's supposed to be there for support, so if he/she is in the middle of a crowd killing monster when there's a dangerous situation, then that is wrong.

I don't believe I ever said I didn't support as an AT. I just don't heal people up every time they suffer a couple hundred HP in damage. I'll get them when they're at half. I have every buff and even Resta above 41, it's just that I roll with more of a combat medic approach than a nurse in the wings. I may be bleeding over a discussion from previous posts of yours in other threads. But I've been a bit agitated over your views regarding the AT type. Nothing personal, I find your views on other things much more agreeable.

I believe with that I wasn't meaning you specifically. But the fact is that an AT that doesn't support properly (and with properly I mean properly, not to be sticked to your butt to heal every 1 damage you have), it is not doing it's work. If a WT doesn't focus on support, I don't believe that is wrong. As I've said, I do support, for me, support is not only throwing buffs, I do heal, but sorry if I decided to point my character in a more offensive role. I believe that isn't wrong.

DreXxiN
May 15, 2009, 11:44 AM
AT probably can do more damage than some WT's with buffs, since S rank or A rank it won't make a difference if you have a high %. The fact that WT can use majarra changes everything though, I'm afraid.

Genoa
May 15, 2009, 12:39 PM
(a lot of opinion, not enough fact)

I would bet you a stack that I could effectively solo any mission faster as an AT than a WT, and I base this off of having faster Attack animation and only Lv.20 melee.

Darki
May 15, 2009, 01:01 PM
(a lot of opinion, not enough fact)

Congratulations! You have your e-penis larger than me. The fact is that you can use lvl 20 attack and 4 melee weapons, faster than I. My fact is that I can use level 30 attacks (which also means more combos in other PAs, that can make it more useful) and 6 more melee weapons than you, so your speed matters a damn with them as there's no other reference in your palette, and my buffs are only an... 8% worse? I don't know really, but I'm sure the difference between level 20 and level 30 PAs are at least that, even if you're faster. Sorry, but there are many variables to take that in account, not only that, even the chosen mission.

And, another fact, is that here nobody talked about soloing, so, your post has nothing to do in this discussion. I could care less if you solo a mission faster than me, that only means you kill fast, something that is not needed from an AT in a party IF you don't do your job properly, which is supporting it. I've NEVER said an AT can't clear a mission faster than I, I can only say that I believe using 4 weapons only a little faster than a WT doesn't mean it's better. I just said that even if you're able to solo a mission in 30 seconds, if you don't do proper support, sorry, but you suck at being AT, because there's NO OTHER CLASS that could do that job better than you. If you say a WT sucks because he's not supporting, well, excuse me if I believe that's not the one and only role that a WT has to fullfill. I'm sure I've been clear why a WT isn't a good supporter.

Genoa
May 15, 2009, 01:23 PM
Can you use those 6 other melee weapons at the same time?
Oh right...
Master classes have 4 weapons, yet they're more efficient than Forte's whole pool of weapon availability. Mostly because they're faster.
Lv.5 tier buffs and increased attack speeds would probably give me the edge over a WT.
And yes, I talked about soloing.
And I support better than most AT's I've ever encountered while also being more effective at my offense than most WT's I've encountered.
I know, sometimes it feels like a burden to be good.
Yes, the buffs are 8% more effective and last 2 minutes longer (more time to kill, less time having to rebuff).
Giresta at tier 5 also means I'll have to resta less because I'd have less damage to recover.
And well, AT gets the good one-handed weapons. Full combo at Lv.11, so the Whip, Saber, and Daggers work perfectly AND faster.
You don't have to use Twin Daggers? No final combo really doesn't help much.
A whip with a madoog or cards is already extremely efficient.

But don't get me wrong, WT is fun.
And I think someone is getting a little offended here, come on now, we're just speaking statistics here. No need to bring out the e-penis nonsense. Surely you can take the internet less seriously? :D

Darki
May 15, 2009, 01:35 PM
If I were so serious I wouldn't be eating a donut and drawing manga while writting this (yes I know I could trash the picture with the donut), but I feel this post is going veeeery out of matter because people changes subjet very fast. xD

I can't use all those weapons at the same time, but I can use spears, swords, twin claws. WT can use many weapons depending on the situations, and yeah, maybe you can use whip faster than I but I can use Majarra, Gravity Break and many other PAs that you can't, and that are extremely useful than a whip, a saber or a dagger sometimes. I'm not saying that WT is better ALWAYS than AT, same than there are missions where a FT pwns ridiculously a FF because all monsters (or almost) are melee-resistant.

Also, I think I've made it really clear that I play for fun and I don't tend to get obsessed with DPS. I don't use spears and I don't use buffs, because what I want is a character that can use swords, whips, dagger and magic, and that's what I use. If you don't like me in your party because I don't fullfill your expectations like Dymalos said, well then okay, but I'm not going to give up my fun because someone doesn't like how I play, and I believe there's some logic in how I play. I'm not being a FT using saber, whip and spear, fuck, I'm being a WarTecher, using weapons and TECHNICs.

Genoa
May 15, 2009, 01:39 PM
Well, I use Megistar in my Wartecher instead of buffs because I play the offensive role on it. And no, I don't wanna hear "you phail not buffing" because for that I use my Guntecher. Y'know, the idea is to play a variety of things in this game, I don't play like others to have a Newman FM with Jabroga, a Beast FF with Jabroga, and a CAST PT with Jabroga and I'm not willing to have a pair of support TECHs when WT is basically the worst supporter in the game.

Also, Giresta is USELESS in MF. If you want the regeneraation so much, take off that damn Black Heart that looks like you smell bad and use an HP regen unit. It pisses me off so much when people use that tech for healing trashing all my lvl 3 regen and the ammount stacked, seriously, if you wanna heal use Resta, it heals more, faster and take less PP, which in MF would be really nice. If you want it to resurrect people, use Moon Atomizers instead. If you gotta use all 10 in only one run, I suggest you to go out of it and find a better one. -_-

If you plan seriously on play a techer, just level ALL techs and switch them depending on the needs. It's kinda lame watching an AT using Ramegid in all mobs in the mission.

Then this was the first problem, you brought your opinion on how you play into a topic that was originally about "what techs should I use".
And the real topic derail'er was Megistar and Giresta.
Also, HP regen unit?
You've got to be shitting me.
Endurance is 10000000x times more useful than +15 HP every 5 seconds.
ESPECIALLY as Masterforce. Since HP regen units grant you HP based off YOUR total HP (which sucks as MF)
And since Master classes have shitty Stamina...
You need all the stamina you can get.

Darki
May 15, 2009, 01:59 PM
All the shit was because I just said that plz don't use Giresta to heal, something that is not any oppinion, is a fact that resta is better, faster and doesn't mess with other people's buffs; and that Megistar is not that useless if you decide not to buff as a WT, or if you have space for it (though I'd never use it on a class where I'd use buffs, I'd just have a wasted space when I have PAs that do the job just by taking 3 more casts).

The rest was because somebody decided that I suck because I don't buff on both my WT AND my GT at the same time, something that, of course, I don't agree.

landman
Jun 6, 2009, 07:47 AM
Depends on what you want to play.

Fortetecher:
- Shifta, Deband, Zodial, and Retier
- Resta, Giresta, Reverser
- All offensive techs

Masterforce:
- All offensive techs
- Resta and Reverser (Giresta is okay, but only has 1% auto regen)

Acrotecher:
- All Support Techs
- Some offensive (primarily Diga, Foie, Nosdiga, Zonde, Barta, Megid, and maybe Ratechs)

Wartecher and Guntecher:
- Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Retier
- Resta, Reverser, Giresta
- Diga, Foie, Megid, Nosdiga, Zonde, Barta.

That's exactly what I was looking for, my offensive technicks haven't lvld one single lvl in two years, and it's time to discard some of them, since I already discarded long ago the fortetecher class... Thanks for the tips!

Hrith
Jun 6, 2009, 08:11 AM
That can be narrowed down even further:

AT/GT/WT/FT:
Resta, Shifta, repeat.

MF:
Megid.

God, I rock at teching.