PDA

View Full Version : Line Shield Question

ChibiDevil
May 12, 2009, 05:01 PM
if a line shield say has 20% light attribute, it reduces light damage by said percent
but at the same time does it increase the damage you would take from dark attacks by 20%?

Randomness
May 12, 2009, 05:14 PM
Well, I'm not sure its straight 20%...

But yes, it makes you take more damage from the opposite element.

ChibiDevil
May 12, 2009, 05:20 PM
to clarify, this would be attacks only taken from techs correct? or would it include physical attacks from a mob of said element?

Lunairetic
May 12, 2009, 05:25 PM
Consider it as if the enemy were wearing a weapon and armor of the exact same element. They deal more to a certain element, and are weaker to the exact same element.

stukasa
May 12, 2009, 05:52 PM
to clarify, this would be attacks only taken from techs correct? or would it include physical attacks from a mob of said element?
It includes any kind of attack. All physical attacks are considered to be the same elemental attribute as the monster itself.

And I'm pretty sure that line shields don't decrease the damage by the % shown. I don't remember the exact formula though (but someone else probably does!).

beatrixkiddo
May 12, 2009, 06:59 PM
They reduce/boost the ATP/TP of the attack by (roughly, since it's been dicked around with a bit when AotI came out) the % shown.

For instance a Foie which has, say, 2000 TP behind it: 50% Fire shield would cut that to 1000 TP. Then you have the damage formula which subtracts the amount of defense you have (Tech damage so it subtracts your Ment.), then divides by 5 to get the actual damage output.

If you have any other questions, either post here or message me, I know too much about the damage formulas. :<

Dymalos
May 12, 2009, 07:06 PM
Has anyone compiled a grand list of which monster's attacks count their own element and which do not? I know the way to check on the spot is to let it hit you a couple of times to see if you can block it. But given the way some of you are about these things (I mean that in the best way possible) such a list has to be out there somewhere.