PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU BEAT THOSE DAMN CAVES!!!

Genoa
Feb 17, 2003, 11:44 AM
Character:
MegamanX
RAmar
SKYly
Level-84
MAG-Asparas Level-200
Technique:
Rafoie lvl.15
Razonde lvl.15
Rabarta lvl.15
Resta lvl.15

Wearing Delsaber's Buster+9, Shield of Delsaber, Holiness Armor, metal/body, metal/body, metal/body, master/ability. I also got Guilty Light, MARS-MK2, VISK-235W, S-Beat Blades, Gobooma claw, and a Brave Knuckel.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Genoa
Feb 17, 2003, 11:45 AM
oh i forgot the caves on ULTIMATE mode.

Davion
Feb 17, 2003, 11:46 AM
Is this Ultimate mode?

Genoa
Feb 17, 2003, 11:52 AM
yes ultimate

Davion
Feb 17, 2003, 11:57 AM
Level up in Forest. You'll need to be more powerful. or take a really (REALLY) long time.

Celes152
Feb 17, 2003, 12:18 PM
Yes, if you do some more Forest runs, you will be able to get a good Justy, some levels and maybe HP mat. Do you always make sure you have level 15 Shifta/Deband on? That helps alot.

Xtor
Feb 17, 2003, 12:26 PM
yea go threw the forest some times then get a few hp mats or go slow in the caves with alot of telepieps

ALPHAM0F0
Feb 17, 2003, 01:45 PM
wow u beat ult forest with a lvl 84 ramar?
now thats amazing

Celes152
Feb 17, 2003, 01:47 PM
Lol, I've done it with a level 60ish RAmarl with a Wals MK-2. It's not hard..just takes a while.

D-tox
Feb 17, 2003, 01:49 PM
force chars suck with weapons you need to get higher spells and and more tp also try to learn what tecs each monster is weak against you might like to use a weapon that boasts those tecs

Davion
Feb 17, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-02-17 10:49, D-tox wrote:
force chars suck with weapons you need to get higher spells and and more tp also try to learn what tecs each monster is weak against you might like to use a weapon that boasts those tecs

Umm... He's a RAmar.

ALPHAM0F0
Feb 17, 2003, 01:55 PM
wow, on v2 it took my hucast and my humar till they were lvl 94 to beat sil alone.
and i still havn't gotten to ult in ep1&2

D-tox
Feb 17, 2003, 05:23 PM
oops i can't read!

Etrigan
Feb 17, 2003, 05:49 PM
Find yourself a Frozen Sho.oter.

Para
Feb 17, 2003, 06:07 PM
hehe yeah i was surprised at the difficulty gap between ultimate caves and ultimate forest....

just use guns to see those pesky lilies away... their megid range is lower than your handgun range hehe

Reven
Feb 17, 2003, 06:25 PM
Bah, it's easy, just use a Demon's Laser and Elf/Arms or God/Arms and it'll be cake.. shoot em twice with demons and you should be able to kill em all in a single combo at the most with one extra shot afterwards, other than that just stick near the doors.. having a high dark resist is also good so I'd say keep the Shield but I wouldn't melee anything in there with a RAmar, no real point..

Dal Rol is another matter, bring your best shot weapon and preferably God/HPs if you have em, Dragon/HPs are alright

Maelkith
Feb 17, 2003, 07:00 PM
if you can obtain a stink frame and 42 photon drops you can make a parasite wear nelgal. try using 3 resist devils and you can ignore the ob lily megid altogether. 65 resist dark make lily megid as harmless as poison is to androids. you can get a stink frame in very hard seabed from morfos (i think).

frozen shooter is the best ranger weapon bar none. if you can obtain one that would be your best bet. otherwise you should try to find a hell laser or hell raygun with 20 to 50 hit. i know this will be almost as rare as the shooter, but you can find them. if you find a hell laser without hit percents you can try using arm units and manually evade ob lily megid. another good choice is the ano rifle. you could paralize everything instead if freeze. barring that there is the trusty varista you had no use for. a varista with hit percents is very good at paralizing enemies.

you should at least try to freeze enemies with rabarta as they approach you. its a longshot but it will help. govulmers take good damage when you use rabarta. before you run for your life from vulmers get a shot of rafoie in.

the key to cave is to immobilise enemies. a frozen or paralized vulmer will block the advance of other enemies. ultimate caves is hard for such a low level. if you blow through it at this point you can expect to do worse in ultimate mines. gilchiches are nasty by comparison with anything in caves. you should take this opportunity to become a master at evading damage and enemy attacks. you should be able to gain a fair amount of levels just trying to complete it. once you complete caves you may have to level up some in ep 2 ultimate temple and spaceship before trying mines.

Genoa
Feb 18, 2003, 08:00 PM
I'm at level 87 now and I got the double-saber that only males can use. The something something...I forgot but it's helpin me out cause they can't interupt it fast enough before they die. I only get screwed over when there's alot of them. I STILL can't find a Justy though... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif But I took the advice of usin a gun cause of the ob lily's megid range. it really isn't long enough to hit me when i'm usin a MARLS MK2. and Shifta and Deband helped alot. thnxs yall

Sasarai
Feb 18, 2003, 08:57 PM
On 2003-02-17 10:47, Celes152 wrote:
Lol, I've done it with a level 60ish RAmarl with a Wals MK-2. It's not hard..just takes a while.

Come on Celes152, you -know- RAmarls are a lot easier to use offline than a RAmar.

I'm level 103 and still doing Ult. Forest runs with my RAmar.

Word of advice, stay away from the Sil Dragon's feet. (Damndable freeze.)

Para
Feb 18, 2003, 09:01 PM
for going through caves... with my hunny im just using a red handgun