View Full Version : GC Challange Mode

EnragedGamer
May 15, 2009, 10:28 AM
What is challange mode for Episode 1?

Genoa
May 15, 2009, 12:53 PM
Online or Offline?
The prizes are different.
It's basically a more challenging version of Normal mode.
They start you at specific levels, with a specific mag and mag level, specific equipment, and specific techs.

Materials (like HP, Power, etc...) Drop very frequently as do high % weapons.
You receive ONE scape doll during each challenge mode level and if you die after your scape, the challenge fails.

It separates the n00bs from truly good players, seeing challenge mode is less about your equipment and more about your actual skill in gameplay.
There are many areas and many puzzles in challenge. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll probably end up dead or with a bad time at the end, and the good prizes require you to complete all challenges under specific times.

Also, certain character types are horrible for Challenge. I recommend HUcast, HUcaseal, RAcast, or FOnewearl.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Challenge+Mode&op=viewtopsection

EnragedGamer
May 15, 2009, 02:27 PM
Hey its you agian you must be really smart.

Anyway thx and its Offline just to put that out there.

DarkCecil05
May 16, 2009, 12:10 PM
Yea bro Special K is a veteran at PSO. (I guess)

Anyway bro, Challenge mode is difficult. I wish I can play it solo instead of Multiplayer on Offline mode. Me and my friend are having hell doing it. Guess because we choose horrible classes perhaps... HUmar and HUnewarl (sp?)

We are getting CREAMED in the Mines. Damn Sinow Beats are everywhere!

Ryna
May 16, 2009, 01:01 PM
Yea bro Special K is a veteran at PSO. (I guess)

Anyway bro, Challenge mode is difficult. I wish I can play it solo instead of Multiplayer on Offline mode. Me and my friend are having hell doing it. Guess because we choose horrible classes perhaps... HUmar and HUnewarl (sp?)

We are getting CREAMED in the Mines. Damn Sinow Beats are everywhere!

HUmar and HUnewearl aren't the ideal pair for an offline two-player run-through.

A Cast's freeze traps can't make a big difference on those Sinow Beats. Otherwise, you'll have to hope you get lucky in finding Resta or getting a map with only a few Sinow Beats.

EnragedGamer
May 16, 2009, 05:06 PM
If I do challange mode it would be a 2 person run through in offline with a RAmar and a HUmar.

You think that is an ok pair?

DarkCecil05
May 16, 2009, 05:20 PM
HUmar and HUnewearl aren't the ideal pair for an offline two-player run-through.

A Cast's freeze traps can't make a big difference on those Sinow Beats. Otherwise, you'll have to hope you get lucky in finding Resta or getting a map with only a few Sinow Beats.

Yea without Resta, we would have not make it out of the Cave section alive. Basically, we need to get lucky and find some nice Brand/Autogun drops with excellent Hit %.

The missing is horrible bro. Esp when fighting Gulchich (sp?). A somewhat easy enemy that falls down when gets attacked.

Ryna
May 16, 2009, 07:23 PM
If I do challange mode it would be a 2 person run through in offline with a RAmar and a HUmar.

You think that is an ok pair?

You can theoretically complete Challenge Mode with any pair of characters, but the HUmar/RAmar combination would not be ideal. The RAmar is among one of the worst classes for challenge mode due to his terrible early stats and lack of traps. For a hunter class, you'd be better off using a HUcast or HUcaseal. HP regeneration and traps come in very handy. For the second player, I'd either choose a FOnewearl or RAcast. If you are a skilled player, the FOnewearl works out better.

SStrikerR
May 16, 2009, 09:37 PM
Bring a hucast/hucaseal for starters, then either a fonewm, foney, or another hucast/hucaseal.