PDA

View Full Version : nicknames and misnames you hate

Wyndham
May 15, 2009, 08:48 PM
what names have people called you purposely or accidentily that you hate?

My real names: Wyndham Oran (last name omitted)
annoying names: Windex, wind-ham, women, winsome, oreo, orange.

AC9breaker
May 16, 2009, 01:45 AM
wind-ham,

Wait so how do you pronounce it cause I thought that was how it was.

beatrixkiddo
May 16, 2009, 02:04 AM
Wind-um

Zarode
May 16, 2009, 03:32 AM
I thought it was Wind-aahm. Whatever.

beatrix, I know you hate it when I call you Bay. >:3

Volcompat321
May 16, 2009, 03:46 AM
My real name is Patrik
People call me Patty(my sisters call me it), Paterikes (nickname from friends) Patrick(how Patrik is supposed to be) Patricio Quijote (my old xbox360 gamertag, yes people called me that)
When I was in kindergarten my teachers used to tell me I was spelling my name wrong.
When I brought home my paintings and whatever had my name on it, I'd have to write Patrick, and my mom got so mad at the teachers after I told her they made me spell it like that. :(

darkante
May 16, 2009, 05:39 AM
Ohh, i can´t say that people call me nicknames that i hate.

People usually call me Ante (Ann-the for example..hard to say really accurately..you say A with a different tone)
and that´s what spawned my username, just that it´s prounounced differently.

Dark(d)ante, just to make it easier to figure out.

AC9breaker
May 16, 2009, 06:17 AM
I thought it was Wind-aahm. Whatever.

beatrix, I know you hate it when I call you Bay. >:3

I GET IT I GET I GET I GET

:)

グレッグ
May 16, 2009, 07:42 AM
My name is Greg, or in full, Gregor (-ugh).

When I was younger people used to call me "Greggy Eggy" due to how it rhymes, and randomly say "you smell eggy" blah blah blah. Now it wouldn't even bother me, but back then I got really paranoid over it because I thought I was a clean person. :(

As time moved on, people stopped calling me that (although others didnt) and one person in particular (he was a drug addict and thought he was cool) used to call me "G-man". I was good friends with this guy before he got into drugs, but I slowly started to dislike him over time, well anyway I hated being called g-man because I thought people would think I associate with him all the time if I had a name like that.

MasterSpark
May 16, 2009, 08:13 AM

My friends sometime call me "E-MILF" or "E-mail" (the latter is often combo'ed with "The Female"), usually when they try to bother me during any form of competition or video gaming.

-_-

SStrikerR
May 16, 2009, 09:07 AM
There's not many nicknames you can come up with for my name, but I sure do hate being called Ry-Ry.

Only my aunt can call me that.

UnderscoreX
May 16, 2009, 09:35 AM
My actual name is Tomi, I was named after my Dad.

Almost all my relatives are Hungarian, so because of my Dad having the same name as me they all tend to call me Tomika, lilterally little Tomi. I'm now pushing 21 so it kinda gets annoying.

SabZero
May 16, 2009, 09:37 AM

My friends sometime call me "E-MILF" or "E-mail" (the latter is often combo'ed with "The Female"), usually when they try to bother me during any form of competition or video gaming.

-_-

The same people that know you can handle a sword. Clever. :-?

Eh, I hate it when someone gets my name wrong, Sabina (no) or Sabin (that's not it either). It's Sabine if you wanted to know. My nickname is Sab. Not Saab. Though we used to joke about me owning the company, haha.

Majarra
May 16, 2009, 10:45 AM
My real name is Matthew. I really prefer being called Matt though. Boy do i hate people at school who cant spell "Matthew" right:disapprove:...

HUnewearl_Meira
May 16, 2009, 12:25 PM
My real name is Garrett. I have never been able to abide people calling me "Rett". Don't know why.

what names have people called you purposely or accidentily that you hate?

My real names: Wyndham Oran (last name omitted)
annoying names: Windex, wind-ham, women, winsome, oreo, orange.

Wait, "Wyndham" is your real name?

Sayara
May 16, 2009, 12:33 PM
I wonder how hard people try to mispronounce my last name. (ps my sig is the last name)

I often get ZITI, and it blows my mind how a 3 syallbal word cannot be pronounced correctly.

Nitro Vordex
May 16, 2009, 12:35 PM
There's not many nicknames you can come up with for my name,
Ryan Oats.

In my case, my real name is Nigel.

Have fun pronouncing that or even reading it correctly, seems like most can't do it.

And if any of you have seem pics of me you'd wonder why that's my name.

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2009, 12:55 PM
Real name José Luís...most people call me Zé (which I actually prefer to being called José) ^^;.
Since my dad is also José, sometimes my mom calls me Zézinho (means little Zé)...which I don't like. :<
Good thing that it's sorta rare that my mom calls me like that. Most of the times, to not be the same as my dad, I'm just called Zé Luís. :>

Kylie
May 16, 2009, 01:26 PM
They call me hell
They call me Stacey
They call me her
They call me Jane
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name

. . .

I hate it when people call me "Kyl." Look, my name is separated by two syllables, and that ain't one of them. But I'm not so much bothered by "Kyls," which is actually cute and not just completely incorrect. Another nickname that bothers me is, well, a few people thought it'd be cool to call "L" back on Outbreak because my user name was "Elle." It's only a four letter name, so I didn't understand why people needed to shorten it.

Appropriate nicknames: "Ky" and "Elle." Those are your options!

And oh God. Please don't call me "Kairi," you weeaboo.

SabZero
May 16, 2009, 01:43 PM
Since my dad is also José, sometimes my mom calls me Zézinho (means little Zé)...

Because that also means little penis, heh heh heh :-P

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2009, 01:51 PM
D:

No it doesn't......*walks away*... =_=;

Volcompat321
May 16, 2009, 01:57 PM
Ryan Oats.

Have fun pronouncing that or even reading it correctly, seems like most can't do it.

Is your name Ny-gel or Nigg-el? I have a friend names Nigel, and pronounces it Nigg-el...
Kinda like Miguel, but with N......

AC9breaker
May 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
Ryan Oats.

How bout I call you mah Nigah and we call it close enough?

I like to hear how people pronounce my last name.

Marin. Some people say mah rin, with the first syllable being acute and the second syllable being obtuse while a few say ma rin where the first syllable is obtuse while second is acute. Then there are those who pronounce it Ma reen as if I'm a Marine. Really though, I don't care and always give people a bone and make them think they got it right. The 2nd version is the right way to say it though.

Leviathan
May 16, 2009, 03:22 PM
Won't tell you my last name; Everyone butchers it.
Hint: It's the name of an oil company in Japan.

AC9breaker
May 16, 2009, 03:24 PM
wtf your last name is Texaco???

Leviathan
May 16, 2009, 03:27 PM
wtf your last name is Texaco???

dooooh hohoho
What ever you wanna call me baby. ;]

You'll get no answers from me.

Zarode
May 16, 2009, 03:29 PM
My first name is Charles, and I've been called Charlie and Chuck before. Chuck isn't so bad, but Charlie? I hope you have good health coverage...

The name I prefer going by is my middle name, Matthew. Oh jesus, the jokes that were made in school... :no: Kids are cruel.

But now, I am the master. :wacko:

SStrikerR
May 16, 2009, 04:04 PM
Ryan Oats.

After seeing your picture and hearing your voice...I'd have never guessed that was your name.

Send me a message over live or something with how to pronounce your name.
NOW.

Nitro Vordex
May 16, 2009, 06:32 PM
Is your name Ny-gel or Nigg-el? I have a friend names Nigel, and pronounces it Nigg-el...
Kinda like Miguel, but with N......
You need to slap your friend.

Is he black? ._.

After seeing your picture and hearing your voice...I'd have never guessed that was your name.

Send me a message over live or something with how to pronounce your name.
NOW.
Ny-gel. Not gel, like hairgel, but more like gul. Hard g.

Volcompat321
May 16, 2009, 09:18 PM
He's actually African....You know, like...from Africa. Yea he's black/brown whatever.
I don't deserve a slap, that's how he told me to pronounce it.

Sayara
May 16, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hello, I'm NIGEL
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/Uaarkson/1233020416099.png

astuarlen
May 16, 2009, 10:39 PM
I don't didn't know of any Nigels who didn't go by /nye'-jel/.

My name doesn't lend itself to nicknamery.

jShazBot
May 16, 2009, 10:49 PM
Some people, usually the little kids with Squeaky voices, think my Xbox Live gamertag is "NEW 8" it get's annoying. Or they know that my Gamertag is actually supposed to spell out "Noob"
and they try to make fun of me about when I obviously intentionally named myself that.

That pisses me off. I know that the name seems a bit ridiculous now but I made it when I was 7th grade and I thought it was a kick ass name at the time...

sovalou
May 16, 2009, 10:49 PM
My name: sovalou ( obviously )
Nicknames i hate: Sobalou, Sobalube, Lou, and the one i hate the most is Sock. Seriosuly Sock makes no kinda sense >_<

goldbrease
May 16, 2009, 11:57 PM
I get tired of people calling me goldbreast.

IrisForscythe
May 17, 2009, 12:37 AM
people on PSU call me Iris Foreskin. It's rather irritating and insulting ;\

Volcompat321
May 17, 2009, 12:51 AM
My name: sovalou ( obviously )
Nicknames i hate: Sobalou, Sobalube, Lou, and the one i hate the most is Sock. Seriosuly Sock makes no kinda sense >_<

Sov, I explained that I typed out Soc instead of Sov...and that's how sock came to be :(....SOCK!!! jkjk had to put it in there.

people on PSU call me Iris Foreskin. It's rather irritating and insulting ;\

Nevahhh Iris!

SabZero
May 17, 2009, 04:04 AM
D:

No it doesn't......*walks away*... =_=;

LOL. Don't feel bad, almost all words can be used for genitals and stuff :wacko:

beatrixkiddo
May 17, 2009, 04:21 AM
dooooh hohoho
What ever you wanna call me baby. ;]

You'll get no answers from me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Oil_companies_of_Japan

I'm betting it's Petroleum Association of Japan.

Darkly
May 17, 2009, 04:52 AM
a couple gripes for me, My Surname is Ridgway, not Ridgeway, and its pretty much always mispelled by everyone, ever.

Also i disklike my full name - Daniel, eguhh much prefer Dan.

SStrikerR
May 17, 2009, 07:16 AM
Some people, usually the little kids with Squeaky voices, think my Xbox Live gamertag is "NEW 8" it get's annoying. Or they know that my Gamertag is actually supposed to spell out "Noob"
and they try to make fun of me about when I obviously intentionally named myself that.

That pisses me off. I know that the name seems a bit ridiculous now but I made it when I was 7th grade and I thought it was a kick ass name at the time...

pay $5-$10 and change it?

Yueri
May 17, 2009, 07:43 AM
People often mistake Yueri for Yuri.
I don't really hate it, I like both, but it is annoying. Talk about being in a rush...

(At least it's not BUTT-Rice...)

Rust
May 17, 2009, 08:39 AM
I hate it when people call me "Kyl." Look, my name is separated by two syllables, and that ain't one of them. But I'm not so much bothered by "Kyls," which is actually cute and not just completely incorrect. Another nickname that bothers me is, well, a few people thought it'd be cool to call "L" back on Outbreak because my user name was "Elle." It's only a four letter name, so I didn't understand why people needed to shorten it.

Appropriate nicknames: "Ky" and "Elle." Those are your options!

And oh God. Please don't call me "Kairi," you weeaboo.

I'm pretty sure I know another one that makes you die inside. :wacko:

Besides that, being called Rush on there.
I'm not a robotic dog.
I'm not in a hurry either.
And rushing is the last thing I like to do in games.
Besides, if you misread it, that means you didn't even bother reading a four-letters username correctly, and that's insulting. :disapprove:

astuarlen
May 17, 2009, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty sure I know another one that makes you die inside. :wacko:

Besides that, being called Rush on there.
I'm not a robotic dog.
I'm not in a hurry either.
And rushing is the last thing I like to do in games.
Besides, if you misread it, that means you didn't even bother reading a four-letters username correctly, and that's insulting. :disapprove:

Maybe it's a compliment.
http://andrewolson.com/blogpics/NeilPeartarticleonSabian.com_F3B1/neil_smile_sabian2fc0a50408d1453aa40147cd12d2e60d. jpg

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 11:35 PM
pay $5-$10 and change it?

Nah, I think the names original and I've had alot of memories with this name WAY before Xbox 360 was even released.

Even if I don't like the name now at times, I still prefer to stick with what I originally came up with.
I've been using the same name on my character for PSO/PSU for almost 8 years now! :sleepy: