PDA

View Full Version : Wholy batwing batman its a double cannon :)

Zeo_Rhend
May 16, 2009, 08:37 AM
yes.. and how sweet it is. the ONLY reason ive been pwnin at ult with my 86 humar * was like 62 when i beat vh* is my beautiful double cannon amaingness. i believe theres only one weapon that compares to it and that is the heart of poum which I HAVE :) and im currently leveling the specific character to use it and get crazy on multi ult. now any suggestions as to how my mag should go for my hunewearl

i was gonna use my dreamcast mag
def 50
atp 100
ata 50

psofan219
May 16, 2009, 12:01 PM
Well, I haven't tried either of those weapons yet, so for the poll, I can't exactly vote, but Double Cannon already has favors, since it's a Double Saber. Heart of Poumn looks awesome though... Anyways, for your HUnewearl's MAG, be sure to max out her ATA by having 104 DEX on it. ATA is probably the most vital stat when it comes to combat, so maxing that out is a must. For POW/MIND levels, I forgot. I think I had something like 40 POW and 51 MIND, not sure. That fits... Of course, that's how I'm raisiing my HUnewearl's MAG, because it suits my playing style.

furrypaws
May 21, 2009, 07:20 AM
Nix the DEF on the mag. You can get that through better sources, and it doesn't do a whole lot.

I use a rather awkward build on Shalo, so I'll just say that something like a 5/145/50/0 mag will do you wonders. Maybe a 5/130/65/0 mag if you're worried about hitting things.

You won't be using techs for offensive damage in Ultimate...or rather, most likely, you won't, if you care anything about doing decent damage. =3 So, unless that Resta potency is important to you, ignore the Mind as well. Seriously though, my HUney still barely hits for like 290 damage with a level 20 foie against a Bartle. I'm pretty sure she does more with one weak swing of most of her weapons.

If that's a mag you already have built, it'll work just fine though. Honestly, it will.

Zeo_Rhend
May 21, 2009, 12:02 PM
ya i dont need ATA my double cannon has a 35% chance to hit :) i love it. but i am gonna make a mag with straight ATP

Akruta
May 21, 2009, 03:51 PM
I prefer Heart of Poum. Main reason is the weapon type because I dislike Doublesabers. (They have become A bit better in my book sence I started BB)

psofan219
May 21, 2009, 04:22 PM
Nix the DEF on the mag. You can get that through better sources, and it doesn't do a whole lot.

I use a rather awkward build on Shalo, so I'll just say that something like a 5/145/50/0 mag will do you wonders. Maybe a 5/130/65/0 mag if you're worried about hitting things.

You won't be using techs for offensive damage in Ultimate...or rather, most likely, you won't, if you care anything about doing decent damage. =3 So, unless that Resta potency is important to you, ignore the Mind as well. Seriously though, my HUney still barely hits for like 290 damage with a level 20 foie against a Bartle. I'm pretty sure she does more with one weak swing of most of her weapons.

If that's a mag you already have built, it'll work just fine though. Honestly, it will.

Hmm... It seems we have two very different playing styles then. I use techs quite frequently. The way I see it, if you're not gonna use them, then use an Android, or only Resta/Anti/whatever else you're gonna use. It's pointless to have techs and not use them, since they can be a great help, if you know how to use them properly that is. I use (and will continue to use once I'm back in Ultimate) techs for both offensive and defensive purposes in Ultimate. More frequently apparently than any other non-Force player here.

Am I the only one who sees attack techs on non-Forces as useful or something? For something OTHER than tagging/freezing (it doesn't always work you know...)?

Akruta
May 21, 2009, 04:41 PM
I found out A few are useful for stoping Zu divebombs. Thats mainly what I use them for.

furrypaws
May 21, 2009, 08:06 PM
Hmm... It seems we have two very different playing styles then. I use techs quite frequently. The way I see it, if you're not gonna use them, then use an Android, or only Resta/Anti/whatever else you're gonna use. It's pointless to have techs and not use them, since they can be a great help, if you know how to use them properly that is. I use (and will continue to use once I'm back in Ultimate) techs for both offensive and defensive purposes in Ultimate. More frequently apparently than any other non-Force player here.

Am I the only one who sees attack techs on non-Forces as useful or something? For something OTHER than tagging/freezing (it doesn't always work you know...)?

I think I've already gone over this, and even with you.:-P I'll recap.

Yes, techs are useful. But your ATP and ATA, especially on a mag, are infinitely more useful, especially at lower levels where they'll let you equip higher tier equipment. Techs are also useful for effects or if I've forgotten my handgun. For instance, Rabarta freezes, Foie has awesome range. Give me a situation where using my techs, though for damage reasons, would be more useful than my 45% hit Suppressed Gun, my 35% hit Gae Bolg, or my Orotiagito, and I'll listen. Don't include status effects in your answer, as those have nothing to do with how much MST he has.

And I do know how to use my techs. I've pretty much played through all of Ult on my HUnewearl using only techs, so don't try and pull that on me.

tl;dr TECHS ARE USEFUL. But not for damage. Therefore, why waste MST when the HUnewearl is already struggling with her unsturdy ATP?

EDIT: Here's some numbers for ya if you're not convinced. I did a few tests in Ultimate on a Bartle, the lowliest of the grunts. Good indicator of damage, as if you do poorly on him, you're going to have many troubles down the road. Plus, Foie is the highest damage technique a HUney can cast, so that works out nicely. So the "zomg uberz" card isn't pulled, I used a percentless Sange. I swapped some mags out, and here are the results (using S/Z of course). Bold is ATP damage (with Sange), Italics is MST damage (with Foie). The underlined number is the pow/mind on the mag I have equipped. For the Sange's damage, I took an average of six normal hits, excluding criticals (but those are another reason ATP damage is superior).

0/0
220 294

76/120
256.8 332

131/167
288.5 348

FINAL DIFFERENCE
ATP: 68.5 more for 131.
MST: 54 more for 167.

Well, this is funny. That 131 ATP did more for a weak hit than that 167 MST did for one Foie. Granted, that Foie may have higher damage, but not only is this just a Bartle, you're most likely going to be doing a Normal/Hard/Hard combo, most of which (if not all) are going to hit, and one hard hit does phenomenally more than one Foie. By the way, with a Windmill, which is about the most MST boost you're going to get on a HUney, you only do about five-six more damage. So it's not weapons, either. Sange is easily obtainable and not that great of base stats.

Does MST do nothing? No. What is does do is so little that, compared to how much you're going to use your striking attacks compared to your techs for offensive damage, there's no point in it unless you don't need anymore ATP/ATA.

I also hope you know I'm not condoning your way of play. There's no denying using techs can be fun. It's just compared to the HUneys weapons and damage potential, her weaponry outstages pretty much all of her techs. You were trying to prove that Mind had a purpose on a mag, and it clearly does not besides as an extra stat.

And you want to know why HUney rocks? Her solo. Why? Not because she has high MST, but because she has 20 S/D/J/Z, something no other Hunter has. And what a difference it makes. Literally the only things that have a chance at killing me soloing are combo kills and megid, neither of which are very avoidable once you end up in that situation (being comboed or hit with megid). Guess how many times, when opting for Hunter performance, that I chose techs over my weapons in a situation in Ultimate? Once that I can clearly remember, maybe twice. I was level 8# and surrounded by Vulmers. Rather than try and hack my way out with my Calibur, I spammed gifoie. It worked, but it took longer than if I had just braved it out while wasting more than half of my TP. At this point (see sig), there'd be no purpose in that, because it's one combo two combo dead.

Also, I like Heart of Poumn better. =3

DOUBLE EDIT: Dear me, this post was kind of flamey. I apologize, it must have been an off day. Didn't mean to offend you if I did. I personally like HUneys techs too, but they don't have very much use that any extra MST would give assistance to.

psofan219
May 23, 2009, 02:01 AM
No offense taken. You more-or-less just proved a point in statistics to me. I'm up against majority of the community on this anyways, so posts like yours I'm expecting.