PDA

View Full Version : Armas Line vs. Storm Line?

Billy Mitchell
May 17, 2009, 09:27 AM
Is a low percentage armas line better than a high percentage storm line in terms of damage received?

DPShiro
May 17, 2009, 09:34 AM
i dont know about the dmg, someone good with numbers will have to calculate that, but if you are running a master class, that +4 STA is very helpful.
and all the others hidden stat boosts is great too :)

i have a rainbow of 20-22% armas and never have a problem soloing any mission, but then again, people with neutrals do that too :)

mvffin
May 17, 2009, 12:26 PM
Higher % will always receive less damage. The only point to Armas is the +4 end, you'll have to ask yourself if that alone is worth paying 10 times as much for.

Billy Mitchell
May 17, 2009, 04:56 PM
Higher % will always receive less damage.Not true.

Gibdozer
May 17, 2009, 08:49 PM
I think so, but I don't generally switch my armors religiously to counter enemy elements. Scoff if you like but the element is usually whatever looks best with my characters attire.

kejen
May 17, 2009, 09:08 PM
Not true.

Yes, it is true.

You ask a dumb question like what armor is better, then someone tells you the correct answer and you reply it's not true?

Billy Mitchell
May 17, 2009, 10:14 PM
Yes, it is true.

You ask a dumb question like what armor is better, then someone tells you the correct answer and you reply it's not true?30%stormline > 32% gigaline.

Go fuck yourself.

The question is, at what point does that switch.

cwTopCat
May 17, 2009, 10:16 PM
A high percent Storm line(32%+) will make you recieve less damage then a low percent Armas line(10%~25%). Its sorta obvious...lol

kejen
May 17, 2009, 10:47 PM
30%stormline > 32% gigaline.

Go fuck yourself.

The question is, at what point does that switch.

First of all, we aren't talking about storm line vs gigaline. We are talking about a low % armas vs. high % storm line.

But even a 32% gigaline will protect you better than a 30% storm line. Stormline only has 57 more dfp than gigaline. 5 DFP will take away 1 point of damage. Just off DFP alone, the stormline is taking away 11 points of damage. So if you're taking 1000 hits of damage, 2% is 20 points. In this case it's pretty much identical damage taken, but the higher % wins.

XbikXBd
May 17, 2009, 10:58 PM
First of all, we aren't talking about storm line vs gigaline. We are talking about a low % armas vs. high % storm line.

But even a 32% gigaline will protect you better than a 30% storm line. Stormline only has 57 more dfp than gigaline. 5 DFP will take away 1 point of damage. Just off DFP alone, the stormline is taking away 11 points of damage. So if you're taking 1000 hits of damage, 2% is 20 points. In this case it's pretty much identical damage taken, but the higher % wins.

Exacta, and dude dont be so " go fuck yourself" to some one tring to help

Gibdozer
May 17, 2009, 11:15 PM
I see your point Kejen higher % armor will always do better per hit landed by the enemy. However with the higher evasion, ment, and end could the Armas out preform a higher % Storm on total damage received per run?

stinkyfish97
May 17, 2009, 11:46 PM
i call for a test to both theories, my belief is the higher percent will win but you are choosing two armors with all 4 slots and both are s-ranks. I would say that it also depends if I put on a hizeri mind 140 mst plus another like 211 from the armor and someone with a better percent gigaline 101 mst plus what 50 mst from te mind. I would think that still the gigaline would win. depending on how close the percents were. But since s-ranks can also wear higher body slots alowing for an additional 20% with a cati/rainbow I think that is truely where the differences in percent is made up. You can litterally make a crappy percent better by getting a hold of decent units. a 30% stormline can be made into a 50% element resistance where a 30% gigaline can only be made into 42% resistance with the units avaliable out there. To me this means that you have something like 8% you can make up by getting using units. You can get a 30% stormline and with avaliable units it will easily outperform a 36% gigaline. I know not much difference but thats how this game is decent a-ranks can beat a lot of s-ranks out there whether people want to hear it or not. As far as comparing S-rank to S-rank well the difference so small like others have stated that percent comes down to what will protect you better. A little more evasion may help but it probably wont make up for an additional 15-20% element on an armor.

Gibdozer
May 18, 2009, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't call 200 a little more evasion I would say it's a massive boost. Against Storm its an increase of 80, still quite a bit, a mental increase of almost 50 and the 4end. points.

Against the 50% Gigaline a neutral Armas (both with no inserts) would out preform for total damage recieved per mission. Against a high % Storm line though would be a worthwhile experiment. Personally I think the other stat boosts are more valuable than your giving them credit for.

Billy Mitchell
May 18, 2009, 06:52 AM
It would have taken all of you a lot less time if you 1) didn't repsond, or 2) responded by saying "I don't know the point at which stats overtake % for dmg received in these two armors".

But, hey, it's your time.

See, I understand that the only real ways to know are either a stat calculator or actual experience with the two. I also understand that for the most part % is better.

I got jaggos on The Big Push.

Arada
May 18, 2009, 07:01 AM
Note that Armas Line has "hidden" boosts:

+50 ATP, +50 TP and +25 ATA (and +4 END)

while Storm Line has +15 ATP and +35 ATA.

I believe that all Armas Line's boost make it an overall better armor unless its attribute rate is really lower (10+ lower) than a Storm Line.

Yes it's true that with a lower % Armas Line, you will take more damage but you'll also get a boost in mosts stats that's really worth taking (a little) more damage.

Inazuma
May 18, 2009, 06:46 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the majority of my deaths are from status effects like stun and freeze. Having +4 stamina with a medium % armasline is better than a high % stormline (or serafisenba if you are MF like me). Not to mention, armasline increases your attack power more as well.

There is a reason it's 5 times more expensive, you know.

Genoa
May 18, 2009, 06:52 PM
These threads...
As others have already said it's about the higher % to help you from damage, but in some cases (depending on mission) You'd fine Armas to be quite helpful for it's +4 END.
Saves me a lot of trouble as a Master class with low STA.
The hidden bonus' really don't mean too much.
But also, Armas and Storm can't be used by all classes. So you have to ask yourself a few questions:
1) What classes do I use the most that could benefit off my armor choice?
2) Do I have enough STA for most missions?
3) Is it worth the price compared to what I have in my wallet?

Armas can be equiped by FF, FG, FT, FM, GM, MF, AT, and AF.
Where Storm can be equiped by FI, GT, FG, GM, AT, and AF.

In my opinion, the two best armors (if they're a good %) would be Armas Line and Rabol Orachio. Both have all slots, decent stats (though that doesn't mean too much), END boost (4 on arma, 3 on Orachio), and the best reason...
Armas can't be worn by WT, GT, FI, and PT.
Orachio can only be worn by WT, GT, FI, and PT.
So Orachio covers what Armas can't use.

Powder Keg
May 18, 2009, 07:18 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the majority of my deaths are from status effects like stun and freeze. Having +4 stamina with a medium % armasline is better than a high % stormline (or serafisenba if you are MF like me). Not to mention, armasline increases your attack power more as well.

There is a reason it's 5 times more expensive, you know.

Agreed. Also, %'s might not mean as much as they're blown up to be if the mission you're playing has enemies of multiple elements.

Dragwind
May 18, 2009, 11:00 PM
I'd say it depends on the mission, class, and enemies within the mission.

I do find the Armas Line's extra +4 stamina really useful in the event on my MF. Most of my deaths were indeed from being frozen or the random chance I wasn't paying attention to megid, so the extra END saved me quite a few scape dolls.

Hrith
May 18, 2009, 11:41 PM
Armas can be equiped by FF, FG, FT, FM, GM, and MFAT and AF.

chu-chu-chu
May 19, 2009, 07:43 AM
LOL! I use freaze resist so i dont get frozen!

do armas line have that slot? or shuld i wear raboll lumirus i found one time?

rabol rabol rabol sounds like something i reminded of on etime.

JAFO22000
May 21, 2009, 09:40 AM
LOL! I use freaze resist so i dont get frozen!

do armas line have that slot? or shuld i wear raboll lumirus i found one time?

rabol rabol rabol sounds like something i reminded of on etime.

LOL!!! "RABOL, RABOL, RABOL," you sound like the Hamburgler!!!!!

XenithFlare
May 21, 2009, 08:44 PM
It would have taken all of you a lot less time if you 1) didn't repsond, or 2) responded by saying "I don't know the point at which stats overtake % for dmg received in these two armors".

But, hey, it's your time.

See, I understand that the only real ways to know are either a stat calculator or actual experience with the two. I also understand that for the most part % is better.

I got jaggos on The Big Push.

Dude, just because you're the TC doesn't mean you get to be a douche; just saying "not true" without giving any sort of examples as to why it's not true, and then telling someone to "fuck off" is really, obscenely rude and uncalled for. Enough to make people not want to answer your question. It helps to be a bit more friendly to the community you're expecting to help you, sir.

unicorn
May 21, 2009, 09:40 PM
Although usually attached to work settings, the saying "don't shit where you eat" can be applied to this situation.

Really, don't go off asking for help and then being RUDE to people who respectfully answer your question. Really makes no sense to me. Although its kinda funny how quickly it took for ya to get hostile (granted Kejen didn't have to say your question was dumb, since I didn't even know how armors work either).

Billy Mitchell
May 24, 2009, 11:16 AM
Better idea.

Don't respond to specific questions with 1) answers to questions that aren't asked or 2) other irrelevant crap.

Have the best day your abilities allow!

Geonizer/Iceman
May 24, 2009, 11:53 AM
I have a high% stormline and a low% armas line. I still choose the armas line for the higher stats and endurance over the element percentage of the stormline.

Warlock01
May 24, 2009, 01:39 PM
bought myself a neutral armas line and have to admit, i love it over my 32% elemental range storm lines which are going in the shops later tonight.

Billy Mitchell
May 25, 2009, 06:26 PM
Gosh, maybe I wasn't clear.

Is a low percentage armas line better than a high percentage storm line in terms of damage received?

Nope, I was clear.

Geonizer/Iceman
May 25, 2009, 06:51 PM
It comes down to haves and havenots, if you have an armas or yiel line, most likely you will wear the better stat giving armor. I still choose armas or yiel over storm. No one can tell you different. Its just something you must decide regardless of others' opinions.

Billy Mitchell
May 25, 2009, 10:43 PM
Should I have typed the question more slowly?

thunder-ray
May 26, 2009, 12:23 AM
Is a low percentage armas line better than a high percentage storm line in terms of damage received?No but A higher % one would kick the shit out of it

Jesse M
May 27, 2009, 11:54 AM
low % is better because you take more damage and get SUV faster

cwTopCat
May 27, 2009, 12:15 PM
heh, why is this thread still active...the TC question was basically answered on the first page. You will recieave less damage using a high % storm line (32%+), then using a low % armas line (10-25%). = /

Gibdozer
May 27, 2009, 04:57 PM
heh, why is this thread still active...the TC question was basically answered on the first page. You will recieave less damage using a high % storm line (32%+), then using a low % armas line (10-25%). = /

Yes you will receive less damage per matching element attack, single attack but that is an oversimplification. The question I believe is more enigmatic, concerning total damage per run. With its better overall stats could a low % Armas line out preform the High % Storm line in total damage received per mission?

The OP is right (though overly belligerent) calling the question stupid is not an answer. Anyway I think its worthy of testing and when I get around to it I'll post the results here.

cwTopCat
May 27, 2009, 05:41 PM
Yes you will receive less damage per matching element attack, single attack but that is an oversimplification. The question I believe is more enigmatic, concerning total damage per run. With its better overall stats could a low % Armas line out preform the High % Storm line in total damage received per mission?

The OP is right (though overly belligerent) calling the question stupid is not an answer. Anyway I think its worthy of testing and when I get around to it I'll post the results here.

He ask "Is a low percentage armas line better than a high percentage storm line in terms of damage received?" I thought his question was pretty straight forward. Maybe he should have ask his question differently if he meant something else. The total damage per run also depends on the mission you are running. If you run White Beast you will recieve less total damage by equiping a 36%+ Light Storm line, then by equiping a Light 15% Armas line. A low percent armas line might do lower over all damage if you are in a mission that has a lot of different element monsters.

Hiero_Glyph
May 27, 2009, 05:51 PM
low % is better because you take more damage and get SUV faster

You will lose your SUV if you accidently die. Also, taking damage is never a beneficial way to charge an SUV unless it is from a controlled source, i.e. traps.

Gibdozer
May 27, 2009, 10:35 PM
Okay I ran ROF with a 36% fire Storm Line and a 16% dark Armas Line solo on A rank with my Level 136 male cast playing as level 10 Acrofighter (the first class I found that could equip both). I only counted damage taken in the first and third parts of the mission omitting the hallway results as that % would favor the Armas.

I fully expected the Storm line to deliver better protection but the Armas line to preform respectably. The results are surprising, after running each armor 3 times (with the same weapons and inserts) the Armas line out preformed Storm line 3/3 times the highest variance being 1,987 more damage taken with Storm and the low end 868 more.

No that's not a lot of difference, but for the record the hallway was much easier with the Armas and my runs felt faster with it on. I think I'm a fairly consistent player though 10 runs each would yield more reliable results but it got boring fast (and I have no doubt the Armas would come out on top the majority of the time).

I'm convinced that a lower % Armas line will out preform the higher % Storm line the majority of the time, if you don't believe me feel free to swing by my shop where I have 30+% Storm lines on sale.

You will lose your SUV if you accidently die. Also, taking damage is never a beneficial way to charge an SUV unless it is from a controlled source, i.e. traps.

Or a beneficial source such as Regrants reflective damage.

cwTopCat
May 28, 2009, 12:29 AM
Okay I ran ROF with a 36% fire Storm Line and a 16% dark Armas Line solo on A rank with my Level 136 male cast playing as level 10 Acrofighter (the first class I found that could equip both). I only counted damage taken in the first and third parts of the mission omitting the hallway results as that % would favor the Armas.

I fully expected the Storm line to deliver better protection but the Armas line to preform respectably. The results are surprising, after running each armor 3 times (with the same weapons and inserts) the Armas line out preformed Storm line 3/3 times the highest variance being 1,987 more damage taken with Storm and the low end 868 more.

No that's not a lot of difference, but for the record the hallway was much easier with the Armas and my runs felt faster with it on. I think I'm a fairly consistent player though 10 runs each would yield more reliable results but it got boring fast (and I have no doubt the Armas would come out on top the majority of the time).

I'm convinced that a lower % Armas line will out preform the higher % Storm line the majority of the time, if you don't believe me feel free to swing by my shop where I have 30+% Storm lines on sale.

Well, I still disagree. In my experience a high % armor always helped me survived or protected me better then a low % one. I also think if you are going to do test like that, you should do it on S2 missions where the monsters are strongest and hit harder with spells and melee. A high % armor will have a higher effect in those missions. I tried using a 25% fire feril line in ROF S2 instead of my 42% baji-senba. Thoughout the mission i notice the feril line wasn't protecting me as much as my baji did. I had a harder time running the mission the the Feril line. Strong attacks would take away a lot more HP and Foie attacks could 1shot me if they crit. I ended up just selling the feril line and just sticking with my baji.

Anyways..im done posting in this thread. IMO the TC simple question was aswered awhile ago. I dont think anything else needs to be said. heh

Billy Mitchell
May 28, 2009, 11:31 AM

Or a beneficial source such as Regrants reflective damage.Thank you for checking this out. Very appreciated.

Gibdozer
May 28, 2009, 02:05 PM
No problem. It really was an interesting question, and I just had to know for sure which would win out.