PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the rabol orachio description?

nerdz
May 17, 2009, 02:20 PM
So, the rabol orachio description says:

"A line shield rumored to have been made using SEED technology. It boosts the user's accuracy, but is not easy to use."

So does it really boosts the user accuracy or is it just fake advertising?

Gibdozer
May 17, 2009, 08:56 PM
I don't know but when the servers are fixed I'm gonna find out. I bought a couple sets last night, but didn't even read the description just looked at the stats and wanted to try it out. I did play with it on for about 2hrs it felt pretty good, but I had an accuracy unit in also.

Halcyote
May 17, 2009, 08:57 PM
As far as I'm aware, the descriptions on weapons and armor mean absolutely nothing.

kejen
May 17, 2009, 09:11 PM
It probably gives a little acc like other armors do. Anywhere from 15acc to 40acc would be my guess. Unless its giving 150+acc, will be nearly impossible to notice unless you did a very controlled test.

pinkace
May 17, 2009, 10:12 PM
As far as I'm aware, the descriptions on weapons and armor mean absolutely nothing.

agreed.

Zoamel_Gustav
May 17, 2009, 10:41 PM
As far as I'm aware, the descriptions on weapons and armor mean absolutely nothing.agreed.

I'm gonna disagree here. I think the descriptions on weapons and armor can mean something. Some descriptions can indicate set bonuses, class restrictions, element restrictions, weapon series with matching abilities (stec, promoto), story backgrounds, stat boosts, etc.

It's true that Vish Fear does charm. It's true that Creawand+ does boost both mental energy and defense. I think the descriptions can have some credibility.

It probably gives a little acc like other armors do. Anywhere from 15acc to 40acc would be my guess. Unless its giving 150+acc, will be nearly impossible to notice unless you did a very controlled test.

I agree, any Acc boost would be difficult to test.

Unit D79
May 17, 2009, 11:12 PM
doesnt acc determine the damage with guns and the amount of bonus damage a just attack does? test that

Criss
May 17, 2009, 11:46 PM
doesnt acc determine the damage with guns and the amount of bonus damage a just attack does? test that
Nah, acc (or ATA rather), only affects the chance of not hitting for zero damage. gun damage is entirely based off ATP (or att), and just attack is literally an automatic critical (which means 150% of normal damage if I remember right).

Zoamel_Gustav
May 18, 2009, 12:14 AM

Att. (Attack Power) determines physical damage including ranged weapons (except RCSMs). Acc. determines accuracy. Acc. does not determine the amount of bonus damage a just attack does. A just attack (Exact attack) does critical damage.

There is actually an in game explanation for this. Photon weapons are powered by photon reactors powered by the user's mental state. Different people and different mental states will generate different energies (stats). ATP is not a measure of physical muscles, but rather a measure of aggressive self image. ATA is not a measure of aim, but of analytical integrity. High ATP creates high energy bullets, low ATP creates low energy bullets. High ATA creates well designed energy bullets, low ATA creates fragile unstable energy bullets.

Suzuka Miyamoto
May 18, 2009, 12:19 AM
I think the descriptions on weapons and armor can mean something. Some descriptions can indicate set bonuses, class restrictions, element restrictions, weapon series with matching abilities (stec, promoto), story backgrounds, stat boosts, etc.

It's true that Vish Fear does charm. It's true that Creawand+ does boost both mental energy and defense. I think the descriptions can have some credibility

drizzle
May 18, 2009, 01:53 AM
Why would you doubt it?

pinkace
May 18, 2009, 07:39 AM
I'm gonna disagree here. I think the descriptions on weapons and armor can mean something. Some descriptions can indicate set bonuses, class restrictions, element restrictions, weapon series with matching abilities (stec, promoto), story backgrounds, stat boosts, etc.

Some set bonuses are not even mentioned. I forgot the name but i found this armor that has a stat boost with a slicer but found out on PSUPedia.

fay
May 18, 2009, 07:58 AM
on PSUpedia i noticed a while ago that its meant to raise accuracy by 50 points :/

Zoamel_Gustav
May 18, 2009, 08:56 AM
Some descriptions can indicate set bonuses,Some set bonuses are not even mentioned.

I am claiming all descriptions that indicate a set bonus will have a set bonus. That does not mean I am claiming the reverse to be true. I am not claiming that all set bonus items will have descriptions that indicate a set bonus. Some descriptions indicate set bonuses, and some descriptions do not.

Some set bonuses are not mentioned in their descriptions. This is not contrary to the amount of meaning of any description. The descriptions that indicate set bonuses are true. The descriptions that lack an indication of set bonuses simply lack that information. They do not have false indications of set bonuses. I am not aware of any descriptions that claim to have a set bonus that it does not have.

The Rabol Orachio description indicates an accuracy boost. I am not aware of any descriptions that claim to have a stat boost that it does not have. I am aware of a description of stat boosts on an item which it does have (Creawand+). I am aware of many line shields which do boost stats such as accuracy. Therefore it is reasonable and meaningful to consider the Rabol Orachio's description.

The descriptions on weapons and armor do not mean absolutely nothing. I am not aware of any description with "fake advertising" of stats boosts.

I forgot the name but i found this armor that has a stat boost with a slicer but found out on PSUPedia.

Would that be the Asura-senba or the Fuma-senba? Both descriptions do mention the exact phrase "a certain slicer."

nerdz
May 18, 2009, 08:56 AM
on PSUpedia i noticed a while ago that its meant to raise accuracy by 50 points :/

Uh, where did you find this information on psupedia? Right now in the rabol orachio description there's a question mark over the acc. value in Rabol Orachio's page. But 50 extra ATA is a good bonus for a line shield.

Even though it's a pretty probable value, since going by other line shields in PSUpedia the maximum non defensive stat boost they get is 50.

fay
May 18, 2009, 09:49 AM
looks like they gave it an edit then. now im unsure

Genoa
May 18, 2009, 06:34 PM
Would be great is the status page showed not only base stats, but your final stats after equipment, buffs, etc...
Like...
ATP // Att
ATA // Acc
DFP // Def
TP // Tech
MST // Ment
EVP // Eva
STA // End

nerdz
May 18, 2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah, and attributes gained from line shields and set bonuses dont even appear anywhere. I know how to calculate the damage, but how do the calculate ATA? I know how to calculate the probability of hitting something, but discovering the amount of ata must be hard.

GUNcrazy12
May 18, 2009, 09:55 PM
So, the rabol orachio description says:

"A line shield rumored to have been made using SEED technology. It boosts the user's accuracy, but is not easy to use."

So does it really boosts the user accuracy or is it just fake advertising?

Ummm, is armor really that hard to use?
Maybe it only comes in x-small, so you have to really squeeze in...
i dont know, but i may have mastered hitting the A button to use it!!!
lolz