PDA

View Full Version : What the HELL triggers the highly damaging Gilchich laser?!

Sanity
Feb 17, 2003, 02:35 PM
Because I really don't know. I thought it was a matter of distance from a Gilchich, but it turns out that they'll blast you from point blank range. Ultimate Mines are always a bitch... I wanna know the trigger for that damn laser! Anyone have any ideas?

TeamPhalanx
Feb 17, 2003, 02:40 PM
It's mostly random I'm afraid. Although, it seems that they're more likely to do so when you don't hit 'em for a while.

RagMasterRappy
Feb 17, 2003, 02:49 PM
They do it more frequently in Mines 2. You don't have to worry about it in Mines 1 unless you're playing ultimate. Usually, if they are at a distance and aren't going to reach you anytime soon (like stuck in the back of a crowd) they will try to hit you with the annoying beam.

Blenjar
Feb 17, 2003, 02:54 PM
YOu must be tripp'n yo!

Bloodberry
Feb 17, 2003, 03:11 PM
The sensors in the controller pick up the biological signs from your hand and try to figure out at what point will it be most infuriating to shoot, and viola!

RagMasterRappy
Feb 17, 2003, 03:16 PM
On 2003-02-17 12:11, Bloodberry wrote:
The sensors in the controller pick up the biological signs from your hand and try to figure out at what point will it be most infuriating to shoot, and viola!

That only worked with Metal Gear Solid .. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Elusive_Llama
Feb 17, 2003, 03:27 PM
I find that if you turn your back and run from them, there is a higher chance they'll blast you. Other than that, it does seem to be random (ie. they will still blast you when they feel like it). Bloody irritating, but at least it knocks you down. Imagine if it didn't, and 2 lasers connected...oooooouch.

GandorDurin
Feb 17, 2003, 03:32 PM
I haven't tested this enough yet, but it seems that (at least in Very Hard mode) early in Mines 1 the gilchics don't shoot at all, but once a certain point is reached they begin shooting. Sometimes this is the second room with gilchics, sometimes it's the last.

Also, they seem to shoot from start to finish in Mines 2.

Just some pointless information I thought I'd spit out. ;P

Zack_Morris
Feb 17, 2003, 03:56 PM
I always thought it was a matter of distance. Lazy bots don't feel like walking.

ShieldDragon
Feb 17, 2003, 04:13 PM
Bad Luck?

Cloak
Feb 17, 2003, 05:01 PM
It's mostly random. Added in with distance. If they are far from you, or aren't close enough to punch, they will most likely shoot. Meh, go try it in ult mines, the room with like 8, let them crowd up and.. The ones in the back will shoot lasers almost non-stop. @_@;

Or they'll shoot you from 2 inches away, just to piss you off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloak on 2003-02-17 14:02 ]</font>

AMP
Feb 17, 2003, 05:22 PM
Just shoot them before they can shoot you. That way you cancel out their shots.

AzureBlaze
Feb 17, 2003, 08:27 PM
I don't know what triggers it either...but does anyone know what the shot is made of?

It looks like the stuff that comes out of the HeavenPunisher, or a single 'fallz ray' (which I think is grants) but is it the same? Because it would be nice to be able to equip something that would make it damage less. (Resist/Light or something)

On a similar note, what does the Nano Dragon shoot out?

RagMasterRappy
Feb 17, 2003, 08:48 PM
On 2003-02-17 17:27, AzureBlaze wrote:
I don't know what triggers it either...but does anyone know what the shot is made of?

It looks like the stuff that comes out of the HeavenPunisher, or a single 'fallz ray' (which I think is grants) but is it the same? Because it would be nice to be able to equip something that would make it damage less. (Resist/Light or something)

On a similar note, what does the Nano Dragon shoot out?

The lasers are composed of the same thing that the blue telepipe beams are. The big thing that the nano dragon shoots out is also similiar, only much larger.

tiger80272
Feb 17, 2003, 09:45 PM
Try a resist ice class, i think that is what they shoot. Probably not but it's worth a shot.

RagMasterRappy
Feb 17, 2003, 10:15 PM
On 2003-02-17 18:45, tiger80272 wrote:
Try a resist ice class, i think that is what they shoot. Probably not but it's worth a shot.

I doubt that would work. You might want to try using a light resistance or defense unit.

Kanore
Feb 17, 2003, 10:37 PM
Ult just sucks. End topic.

Hehe... Delsabers are worse, imo...

Kupi
Feb 17, 2003, 10:42 PM
Every single character that I've ever gotton to Ultimate has taken 390 damage from the Gilchich shot offline. It's much like the Nano Dragon's beams in that respect: it's just fixed damage.

Xtor
Feb 17, 2003, 10:42 PM
ill tell u wat triggers it ure FUGLY face im only joking it is random but starts at a random time

Hrith
Feb 18, 2003, 07:09 AM
If they can hit you directly, they won't fire lasers. If you flee from them -- in any direction -- they'll most likely fire.

Their lasers are darkness-based. Nano Dragon's is fire. But in Ultimate, even an elemental resistance of over 50 won't change things much, sadly.

Oedi
Feb 19, 2003, 11:33 AM
In Ultimate, when they start to get too close I start running back, but I zig zag a little to try and make them miss their shot. (this works a lot of the time). Then I'll turn around and start shooting again.

My 2 cents.
-Oedi