PDA

View Full Version : Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

rayner
May 18, 2009, 01:03 PM
Anyone on the forums pick up Sacred 2: Fallen Angel this past week? I've been addicted to it as I was when I played Diablo 2 years back. It's very similar to D2 in many aspects, and I'm really enjoying the customization to my character. Basically every character will have 3 skill-trees with 5 Combat Arts associated with it. Then you can only learn a total of 10 different skills which support what arts you choose to use, and you will get your last slot at lv 65 ( I'm currently at lv 43 ) and MAX level is 200.

You can't "unlearn" something so I planned out my Seraphim to be a pure Magic-Caster dependant on Buffs for defense and Stamnia for "Regeneration Rate " decreases. I made her very similar to a Nova-Sorceress from D2, except that my Flaring Nova kills non-bosses in 1 - 2 castings and currently my cooldown is 9.4 seconds... want to get it down to 6 - 7 seconds.

Anyone who has this game and wants to meet up send me an invite.

Blue-Hawk
May 18, 2009, 09:03 PM
I've been playing the pc version since last November when it was released in the US., Yes it's great but just be careful where you put your points. Skills like riding and Divine Devotion sound good, but are ultimately useless. And if you want to try a fun buff for the Sera, use the Bee Eff Gee.

And try not to die. There's a survival bonus that keep the challenge up. I have a Dual Wielding dryad at level 38 (if I remember correctly. Haven;t played in a bit) with zero deaths and a pretty high bonus.

Zarode
May 18, 2009, 09:31 PM
I've been enjoying the game so far. I'm not as high level as you are (lv14 Temple Guardian aka OMFG DOG GUY HOW U DO DAT?). Odd class, honestly. Aren't built for power, but more as a middle ground class, but I've been completely wrecking things with its interesting skill set. I haven't planned any further then HURR SMASH STUFF GET XP AND STUF, but I guess I will since I bought the dang game.

It's one of the best Diablo II clones I've played, yet one of those most glitchiest games I've played too. :(

It's worth a pick up, but I'd wait for a price drop or two.

I might hit you up a message, depending if you wanna play with this troll and a half? :wacko:

GT: Edoraz

rayner
May 19, 2009, 08:16 AM
I've been playing the pc version since last November when it was released in the US., Yes it's great but just be careful where you put your points. Skills like riding and Divine Devotion sound good, but are ultimately useless. And if you want to try a fun buff for the Sera, use the Bee Eff Gee.

And try not to die. There's a survival bonus that keep the challenge up. I have a Dual Wielding dryad at level 38 (if I remember correctly. Haven;t played in a bit) with zero deaths and a pretty high bonus.

I re-started my Seraphim 3 times so far... I read the Sacred 2 wiki on a Pure Seraphim Caster and that guy has some useless skills, Riding to get to Bargining ( which to me takes away from the purpose of the game... FINDING LOOT ) and Constitution... which I switched them out with Tactics Lore & Celestial Magic Lore. The Tactics for the + to Critical Chance... that counts toward all skills. I also went with Enchanced Perception... all these Runes give + to either Riding, Divine Devotion, Enchanced Perception or Bargianing. So just 1pt in Enchanced Perception and I now have lv 25!

I also dumped near all my attribute pts into Stamina... My recharge time on Flaring Nova is 10.5 seconds... and that's with 20 Runes + 5 to all skills for lv 26. Archangel's Wrath is lv 24 and the recharge is 5.6 seconds. I wreck Bosses / Elites... usually 2 casts and they are dead... for some reason when you equip the Bee Eff Gee and use Archangel's Wrath it does WAY more damage than with a normal weapon.

I can't wait for Concentration to hit lv 75 for the 3rd Buff... Warding Energy and an Upgraded Clensing Brilliance, basically I want to increase Warding Energy to maybe lv 25 and just keep Bee Eff Gee & Cleansing Brilliance at lv 1, to keep the Regeneration times down. Also my Armor Lore is pretty high and I have just 1 more level ( currently lv 47 ) before I can start equipping all the lv 60 Armor Sets I've been collecting with my lv 25 Enchanced Perception ;-)

rayner
May 19, 2009, 08:23 AM
I've been enjoying the game so far. I'm not as high level as you are (lv14 Temple Guardian aka OMFG DOG GUY HOW U DO DAT?). Odd class, honestly. Aren't built for power, but more as a middle ground class, but I've been completely wrecking things with its interesting skill set. I haven't planned any further then HURR SMASH STUFF GET XP AND STUF, but I guess I will since I bought the dang game.

It's one of the best Diablo II clones I've played, yet one of those most glitchiest games I've played too. :(

It's worth a pick up, but I'd wait for a price drop or two.

I might hit you up a message, depending if you wanna play with this troll and a half? :wacko:

GT: Edoraz

I really like the loot system, and the modifications you can take for your Combat Arts, though it's best to only work on 2 of the 3 areas to fully take advantage of the skill tree.

If you want to meet up let me know... another friend of mine just got the game and I will be making a Shadow Warrior, my only problem with playing in co-op is the MAX 10 lv difference, so if your lv 14 I have to be at least lv 4 to even goin your game ;-(

Blue-Hawk
May 19, 2009, 05:19 PM
I can't wait for Concentration to hit lv 75 for the 3rd Buff... Warding Energy and an Upgraded Clensing Brilliance, basically I want to increase Warding Energy to maybe lv 25 and just keep Bee Eff Gee & Cleansing Brilliance at lv 1, to keep the Regeneration times down. Also my Armor Lore is pretty high and I have just 1 more level ( currently lv 47 ) before I can start equipping all the lv 60 Armor Sets I've been collecting with my lv 25 Enchanced Perception ;-)

If you keep putting points in Concentration, Constitution and Combat Dicipline, regen time won;t be too much of a problem. I have a High Elf that has 126 in Constitution and 56 in Concentration and her Incendiary Shower/Blazinf Tempest combo has a regen time, with buffs, of 8.6 seconds. Without buffs, 10,5 seconds. Both skills are at lv 25.8/26.5.

amtalx
May 19, 2009, 05:44 PM
I've been looking for a dungeon crawler to satiate my burning desire for Diablo III. I think I'll check this out.

rayner
May 20, 2009, 07:46 AM
If you keep putting points in Concentration, Constitution and Combat Dicipline, regen time won;t be too much of a problem. I have a High Elf that has 126 in Constitution and 56 in Concentration and her Incendiary Shower/Blazinf Tempest combo has a regen time, with buffs, of 8.6 seconds. Without buffs, 10,5 seconds. Both skills are at lv 25.8/26.5.

Is Constitution so important? I plan to raise Divine Protection to high levels and modifications. I plan to use the modifications Capacity - 50% Duration Increase, Boost - 50% Recharge time. I have the Skill Warding Energy Lore & Revered Technology Focus so Divine Protection at high levels will basically be on at all times, or at least while in battle. I also have Warding Energy and a Unique Mount so I have pretty good HP, and over 1000 potions. I feel that adding HP & HP Regeneration is not necessary, I'm lv 50 now and The Seraphim Colliseum has been the only time I feared of dying, 14K kills so far and 0 deaths ;-)

Once I have Concentration to lv 75 and that 3rd buff, Cleansing Brilliance... the modifications is what's important. Distract - 20% Opponent Attack Speed, & Illuminate + 26.7% increase in Area of Effect. At Character lv 50 it's a 30% reduction in attack speed... at lv 100 it's 40%. I could also treat this as reduction in damage because they will be attacking less often. They will also have to get through 2 Shield Barriers ( Warding Energy & Divine Protection ) so unless something is gonna 1-hit kill me I don't think that Constitution is necessary, I could be wrong though cause I'm still in Silver Difficulty.

My magic-sweet-spot Cooldown time is 7 seconds, I'm now at 8.4 on Flaring Nova and Archangel's Wrath is 4.6, I need to put more points into Revered Technology Focus so I can raise it's level using Runes without Penalty. A combination of 1 point in Combat Disipline, Concentration, Revered Technology Focus & Revered Technology Lore per level really makes a difference. I will alternate the last point between Warding Energy & Armor Lore untill I have some Skills Mastered.

The Customization in this game is amazing!!!

Blue-Hawk
May 20, 2009, 07:54 PM
Is Constitution so important? I plan to raise Divine Protection to high levels and modifications. I plan to use the modifications Capacity - 50% Duration Increase, Boost - 50% Recharge time. I have the Skill Warding Energy Lore & Revered Technology Focus so Divine Protection at high levels will basically be on at all times, or at least while in battle. I also have Warding Energy and a Unique Mount so I have pretty good HP, and over 1000 potions. I feel that adding HP & HP Regeneration is not necessary, I'm lv 50 now and The Seraphim Colliseum has been the only time I feared of dying, 14K kills so far and 0 deaths ;-)

Once I have Concentration to lv 75 and that 3rd buff, Cleansing Brilliance... the modifications is what's important. Distract - 20% Opponent Attack Speed, & Illuminate + 26.7% increase in Area of Effect. At Character lv 50 it's a 30% reduction in attack speed... at lv 100 it's 40%. I could also treat this as reduction in damage because they will be attacking less often. They will also have to get through 2 Shield Barriers ( Warding Energy & Divine Protection ) so unless something is gonna 1-hit kill me I don't think that Constitution is necessary, I could be wrong though cause I'm still in Silver Difficulty.

My magic-sweet-spot Cooldown time is 7 seconds, I'm now at 8.4 on Flaring Nova and Archangel's Wrath is 4.6, I need to put more points into Revered Technology Focus so I can raise it's level using Runes without Penalty. A combination of 1 point in Combat Disipline, Concentration, Revered Technology Focus & Revered Technology Lore per level really makes a difference. I will alternate the last point between Warding Energy & Armor Lore untill I have some Skills Mastered.

The Customization in this game is amazing!!!

You're right, I erred. I didn;t mean Constitution, I meant Stamina. Silly me.

Use this ite for extra info- http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Fallen_Angel

rayner
May 21, 2009, 07:07 AM
You're right, I erred. I didn;t mean Constitution, I meant Stamina. Silly me.

Use this ite for extra info- http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Fallen_Angel

I've read that wiki throughly ;-) it has such great information. I put about 90% - 95% of my attribute points in Stamina. Willpower looks good to put points from the desription, but when I put a point into it I sometimes don't get an increase. So I've been mainly increasing my Stamina. I'm now lv 53 and Archangel's Wrath is 4.2s and Flaring Nova is 6.2s. I can't believe how destructive it is to have Bee Eff Gee and Archangel's Wrath coulped, I do 4000 - 5000 damage with it... I think I'm going to make it my main source of damage once I use the Modification that gives AW splash-damage. At lv 30 it has a cooldown of 4.2s... and it looks to go up by only 0.1s per level... if I add 10 levels to it I'll do 500 - 1000 more damage, every 5.2s? WOW

Blue-Hawk
May 21, 2009, 08:43 PM
I've read that wiki throughly ;-) it has such great information. I put about 90% - 95% of my attribute points in Stamina. Willpower looks good to put points from the desription, but when I put a point into it I sometimes don't get an increase. So I've been mainly increasing my Stamina. I'm now lv 53 and Archangel's Wrath is 4.2s and Flaring Nova is 6.2s. I can't believe how destructive it is to have Bee Eff Gee and Archangel's Wrath coulped, I do 4000 - 5000 damage with it... I think I'm going to make it my main source of damage once I use the Modification that gives AW splash-damage. At lv 30 it has a cooldown of 4.2s... and it looks to go up by only 0.1s per level... if I add 10 levels to it I'll do 500 - 1000 more damage, every 5.2s? WOW

About. The only thing I highly reccomend is to invest in a weapon skill. Bee Eff Gee is a buff and, it appears you haven;t run into anything yet, than be stripped. Plus there are enemies that can cast Magic Coup which might negate your AW. Might I reccomend polearms for the investment?

rayner
May 22, 2009, 08:57 AM
About. The only thing I highly reccomend is to invest in a weapon skill. Bee Eff Gee is a buff and, it appears you haven;t run into anything yet, than be stripped. Plus there are enemies that can cast Magic Coup which might negate your AW. Might I reccomend polearms for the investment?

I'm in the swamps now and enemies do disarm me, the first time it happened I was like? Why is my Archangel's Wrath doing 300 damage? And why can I cast it every 2 seconds? ;-) Then I just used Flaring Nova and mopped-up the place, I substituted Cleansing Brilliance for Warding Energy for the time being to keep the undead at bay.

I have 1 last Skill-slot to fill, now I'm lv 57... It's a toss-up between Celestial Magic Lore, Ranged Weapons... or Constitution. All the other options are not important for the build I'm making. The Celestial Magic could be a second-damage-type if something is immune to my Revered Technology spells. Ranged Weapons will help Bee Eff Gee, but only attack speed & chance to hit... not damage.

I'm leaning toward Celestial Magic... that way I can combo some spells too. Flaring Nova does not combo well with Archangel's Wrath, and at lv 75 Combat Disipline I'll have - 20% regeneration time in combos.

Delete
May 22, 2009, 10:25 AM
The video on youtube I checked out made this game look really boring.
But before you guys kill me because I said that, let me say that I guess I would have to play it and see for myself. I mean PSU was the same at first too, so who knows.

amtalx
May 22, 2009, 11:09 AM
I ended up getting it. It plays like Diablo, but not as polished.

rayner
May 22, 2009, 12:22 PM
I ended up getting it. It plays like Diablo, but not as polished.

Set the Camera to fixed, will help ALOT... and plan out your character well in advance. Once you get your mount you will appreciate the game much more. You can get your Unique Mounts in Chapter II in the Orcish Byway.

rayner
May 22, 2009, 12:24 PM
The video on youtube I checked out made this game look really boring.
But before you guys kill me because I said that, let me say that I guess I would have to play it and see for myself. I mean PSU was the same at first too, so who knows.

After playing Sacred 2, I can't really see myself playing PSU again. I have over 1500 hours of PSU... The beginning is boring, until you get your Unique mount.

amtalx
May 22, 2009, 12:25 PM
Its seems like a lot of fun. Honestly, I haven't had much time to play it. I'm neck deep in FFXII now but I'll probably spend some time on it when I'm done. It still makes me want Diablo III though. D:

rayner
May 22, 2009, 01:32 PM
Its seems like a lot of fun. Honestly, I haven't had much time to play it. I'm neck deep in FFXII now but I'll probably spend some time on it when I'm done. It still makes me want Diablo III though. D:

It takes awhile for the game to grow on you... it's really boring walking... and % increase in run/walk speed doesn't translate to your mount :-(

I have yet to play in a party, gotta get a few of my friends to join a game with me.

joefro
May 22, 2009, 05:37 PM
I found this for 46 bucks online, and I impulsively ordered it. It looks fun and hopefully it will satisfy my itch to play an mmo/rpg.

rayner
May 26, 2009, 10:26 AM
I made a nice Dryad build, basically everything is dead before they reach me... it works really well, but it doesn't have a Enchanced Perception / Bargining skill to get goot loot, so it shoulc be a secondary character. Here is a nice list of skills and at what level to get them:

Lv 2 - Tactics Lore - This is your bread n' butter damage modifier, and gives you some points to modify skills. Always useful

lv 3 - Ranged Weapons - This will allow you to hit more often and faster with your Character specific weapon the Blowgun.

lv 5 - Concentration - Allows 2 buffs and lowers regeneration of your Combat Arts, you will only need 2 buffs with this build so you don't have to Master this Skill

lv 8 - Capricious Hunter Focus - Will lower your Regeneration of Capricious Hunter Combat Arts and give modification points to upgrade Atrs.

lv 12 - Spell Resistance - This skill will help you on the higher difficulties with eveade Criticals & Spell damage. Mastered it also reduces Damage Over Time status.

lv 18 - Armor Lore - Armor Bonus and lower Regeneration times are crucial, and you can use higher level armors without penality

lv 25 - Nature Weaver Focus - This is a good time to upgrade Ancient Bark buff, more on that later, it's critical to use this buff on later difficulties.

lv 35 - Combat Discipline - 10% reduction in Regeneration & MOAR damage from attacks... just remember to place 1 combat art into a combo to get the benefit.

lv 50 - Nature Weaver Lore - Instead of choosing Constitution, you can use this in conjuction with Invigorate for Ancient Bark for Health regeneration.

lv 65 - Option 1 - Enchanced Perception - In addition to Relic bonuses you can put 1pt and get 30pts and start seeing more Sets and Uniques drop.

lv 65 - Option 2 - Damage Lore - Blowguns all have a secondary effect, this will increase the chances and duration of effects.

lv 65 - Option 3 - Constitution - Basically never die and get an insane Survival Bonus, double health regeneration might be going overboard.

Now for the Combat Arts... we will be focusing on Capricious Hunter Combat Arts, each one has their uses, and with this buid you can even venture out into Nature Weaver Combat arts like Edaphic Lances & Tangled Vine. Now onto the Arts:

Ravaged Impact - This will be our main attack, keep regeneration for this art near 1 - 2 seconds. It works well on any enemy. Now for the modifications:

Bronze - Perforate - Chance for open wounds - 24.7% + 0.3% per Combat Art Level - This will come in handy on Bosses for Open Wounds.

Silver - Breach - Ignore Armor - 20% + 0.5% per Combat Art Level - Always nice to inflict total damage especially when lv is high.

Gold - Double Shot - Extra Projectile - If you manage to get a weapon mod for 0.5s regeneration per hit this will shave off considerable time for Regeneration with this mod.

Darting Assault - This is your secondary attack, in some instances your main attack if you can get the regeneration down far enough and a XX%/s regeneration weapon.

Bronze - Reload - Extra Projectile - This will bring the total to 4 projectiles... with a regeneration weapon you can shave off 2.0s or more per use.

Silver - Throwback - Knock-back opponent Slightly 30% + 0.3% per level - Works well if you can maintain rapidfire mode.

Gold - Rotate - Attack is directed to all opponents in a cone 120 degrees + 1 per Combat Art level - Noting is safe once you start pumping up the lv of this Combat Art

Sinister Preadator - This Buff will allow you to fire faster and connect more often, and we can keep the regeneration time low with Capricious Hunter Focus.

Bronze - Rapid Fire - Increased Attack Speed for Ranged Attacks - 7.4% + 0.1% per Combat Art level - You won't believe how fast you fire Ranged weapons.

Silver - Perforate - Piercing Attacks 20% + 0.1% per Combat Art level - Piercing is better than Can't evade, especially when your firing so many shots.

Gold - Hunting Focus - Decreases Regeneration time for Capricious Hunter Aspect 30% + 1.5% per Combat Art Level - This will get your 2 main attacks to 2 - 3 seconds really fast.

Ancient Bark - This will be your line of defense, increase in Armor, Physical & Poison Resist... and Health Regeneration all in one package.

Bronze - Rugged - Increase Armor Values 20% + 5% per Combat Art Level - At lv 16 this will give your Amor 100% increase, if you get your regeneration time really low at higher levels it's even better.

Silver - Divert - Chance to divert Close Combat damage 20% + 2% per Combat Art Level - If you get this to lv 30... 80% of melee damage will be reflected.

Gold - Invigorate - Improved Healing 100% - Your Health regeneration will be insane at higher levels... can replace Constitution Skill.

Those are all the Required Combat Arts, you can mess around with the Nature Weaver Combat Arts, and maybe even give her Ancient Magic as lv 65 - Option 4 and use Lances & Vines. If you can get the Detheya's Agility set along with a Capricious Hunter Monitor Lizard your Regeneration times will be really low and you will be in Rapid-fire mode in no time. Always use a Blowgun... you will hit more often and the status effects are pretty good.