PDA

View Full Version : rare distribution

Dark Phoenix5
May 18, 2009, 04:38 PM
So I can't stand how they distribute items....

1.Random: Everything goes to everyone but me.....LITERALLY

2.In order:ok I get a vulcaline and the next guy gets a guld.wtf...jeez

3.Give Finder:Is the best but no one plays on it and for STD people hate how one person takes all megispheres...(like anything is good in dark crystal seeker)

I dunno maybe its just me.Some of my friends say it has something to do with ur ID number for psu hat determines what u get or even the party leader gets better chance at recieving the items...Either way this game has gotten me to break 2 controllers.

Anduril
May 18, 2009, 04:52 PM
I don't like give finder, you end up having people making a dash for anything red the second it drops and that can be a bad thing if there are still plenty of enemies, and it also puts long range gunners and techers at a disadvantage. I personally find Random to be the most fair, although some people do get the short of the stick, though that is just pure bad luck.

Triple_S
May 18, 2009, 04:52 PM
Random: Everyone has a fair chance at items. You just aren't very lucky IRL.

In Order: Yeah I don't like this one.

Give Finder: No, not the best one. I could list many reasons, stemming back to PSO days, but I shouldn't have to.

goldbrease
May 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
it could be worse, there could be leader gets all.

I do belive there should be a rares go to class type, guns go to gun types first, wands to casters, swords to fighters.

Halcyote
May 18, 2009, 05:02 PM
Random is best. I find it hard to believe that you haven't gotten anything on the random setting.

Goldbrease, if that were the case, then what would be the point of people hunting for rare items in cases of missions that are difficult for certain classes to go through?

landman
May 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
Phantasy Star Zero has the best system: When the team clears the room a box appears, you hit the box and you collect all the rares. The best thing is that ALL the rares are yours because every player has his own box with its own rares.

Thor131
May 18, 2009, 05:07 PM
Well it would be nice if "EVRYONE IN THE PARTY" would get the rare item, so that people would not wine about one person getting it.

LionHeart-
May 18, 2009, 05:13 PM
Phantasy Star Zero has the best system: When the team clears the room a box appears, you hit the box and you collect all the rares. The best thing is that ALL the rares are yours because every player has his own box with its own rares.

This!

You cannot go wrong with it. Its clean, its tidy and everything belongs to you! :-D

But yeah Random is the best out of what we got. I think everyone who play/ied/s the game has had their shire of bad luck due to the system and goodluck also. In the end though its only rares, most materials are vastly cheaper then ever before (Catilium, Mot, Par walnas, etc...) and well for the good rares either hunt solo / with friends or walk undernearth a ladder, see a black cat, smash your mirror, play the wigi board and hope you get lucky.

Miyoko
May 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
17:20:24 20015348 Komugi [Pickup] [B] Twin Tornado(1)

17:20:27 20015348 Komugi [Pickup] Cladorian(1)

17:20:28 20015348 Komugi [Pickup] Cladorian(1)

17:20:30 20015348 Komugi [Pickup] Cladorian(1)

17:20:34 20015348 Komugi [Pickup] Par Ork(1)

17:20:44 20015348 Komugi [Pickup] [B] Lumirus Line(1)

17:21:30 20015348 Komugi [Pickup] Trimate(1)

17:25:11 20002587 Miyoko [Pickup] Slaterian(1)

17:25:11 20002587 Miyoko [Pickup] Slaterian(1)

17:25:12 20002587 Miyoko [Pickup] Slaterian(1)

This is why I hate random.

ashley50
May 18, 2009, 05:17 PM
random is fun...sometimes you win, sometimes you don't

Thor131
May 18, 2009, 05:49 PM
random is fun...sometimes you win, sometimes you don't

YOU SHALL BURN FOR SAYING THAT.

Triple_S
May 18, 2009, 05:55 PM
I never win at Random, ever. And you know what, I still say it is the best.

Randomness
May 18, 2009, 06:54 PM
I never win at Random, ever. And you know what, I still say it is the best.

This.

Give finder is bad, for reasons that shouldn't take more than 10 seconds to figure out.

Order is bad. I've found it annoying to see rare enemies pop up right after you get a Kerseline.

Random is fair. That's all there is to it. Anyone who thinks three items to the same person straight isn't random needs to go roll a d6 for a while.

Rasputin
May 18, 2009, 07:09 PM
Problem here... PSU... etc...

Dark Phoenix5
May 18, 2009, 07:17 PM
Well it would be nice if "EVRYONE IN THE PARTY" would get the rare item, so that people would not wine about one person getting it.

I agree 100%^^

Triple_S
May 18, 2009, 07:20 PM
I agree 100%^^

Phantasy Star Portable does that actually.

Neith
May 18, 2009, 07:44 PM
Order is fine because you never know where in the current order you'll be. It's not the same order every time, so there's nothing wrong with it. I use Order in all my event games so everyone gets a fair share of the Megispheres.

Give Finder shouldn't even be an option, it was bad enough on PSO.

Triple_S
May 18, 2009, 08:02 PM
Order is fine because you never know where in the current order you'll be. It's not the same order every time, so there's nothing wrong with it. I use Order in all my event games so everyone gets a fair share of the Megispheres.

Give Finder shouldn't even be an option, it was bad enough on PSO.

First three displayed items that show up tells the people who want to know the order.

Anduril
May 18, 2009, 08:04 PM
First three displayed items that show up tells the people who want to know the order.
But then order can double back, I've seen it happen plenty of times.
It was all like:
Noland: Kerseline
(Player 2): Megisphere
(Player 3): Megisphere
(Player 4): Megisphere
(Player 4): Megisphere
Noland : ;-;

Lunairetic
May 18, 2009, 08:56 PM
The problem with order is the fact that, not only can someone manipulate it if they're the person who's paying most attention, but the fact that any major change resets the order.

New person joins, order is reset.
Person leaves, order is reset.
Game restarts, order is reset.
Among others I can't recall at the moment.

Problem with this is the fact that the leader will always win out in rares.

Equally, what people often don't think about, and unless it was changed in my absence, money is considered a rare and thus a part of the order, which offsets everything.

Anduril
May 18, 2009, 08:59 PM
Equally, what people often don't think about, and unless it was changed in my absence, money is considered a rare and thus a part of the order, which offsets everything.
Meseta has always been considered a non-rare item by the game. What game have you been playing? I have played plenty of games where Rare has been on Order or Random and non-rare on Finder and ended up with no meseta since I started playing to know that for sure. Additionally, if non-rare is set on anything but Give Finder the meseta drop is evenly distributed amongst the whole group.

Lunairetic
May 18, 2009, 09:12 PM
A game where Moon Atomizer X's are considered "rares."

Anduril
May 18, 2009, 09:20 PM
A game where Moon Atomizer X's are considered "rares."
Well that was a while ago then. I started playing in March '07 and I have never seen meseta considered a rare by the game. But either way, that doesn't matter considering that meseta is dictated by the non-rare distribution now, and will distribute in the fashion I mentioned above.

Nitro Vordex
May 18, 2009, 09:25 PM
Well then it wouldn't be a rare item, now would it?

Lunairetic
May 18, 2009, 09:26 PM
I started playing the day of release and on the official PSU forums, the consensus was Meseta was rare distributed. I never tested personally, so I don't have any particular inclination towards that besides that I thought it was the consensus. I know all too well how idiotic players can be at the start of a game though, even though it was around when I was Lv30-40.

Zarode
May 18, 2009, 09:33 PM
This game needs a "Set Good Rares to Zarode, everyone else can have the junk."

Lunairetic
May 18, 2009, 09:44 PM
What it needs is an in depth ability to customize drop rules by star level and weapon type, in my opinion.

Powder Keg
May 18, 2009, 10:51 PM
Problem here... PSU... etc...

We get it. It wasn't funny after the first time, sorry...

My take:

Random: Fairest. Why? Each item that drops has the same % chance to go to each player. See my take on order for more details.

Order: This WOULD be the best way to go. Problem is, items you can buy and several other items that are common and/or useless are considered rare. Plus there's the fact that someone's turn gets used on any item picked up, then if the next item picked up is a rare board, they have a 0% chance of getting it. That's just....no.

Finder: No thanks. We all dealt with it in PSO because well...that was the only way. And PSO worked in different ways that made Finder OK. But in PSU, finder would just favor Close-range fighters big time.

Unit D79
May 18, 2009, 11:20 PM
to be honest, i prefer give finder.
1. i HATE trash booters. i can understand on set in order, but random? i always pick up the junalines and boards. they are worth a lot of money once you make them or you can just sell them.
2. randoms joining in. dont you hate it when you see that lkk on the ground and are about to pick it up, someone joins in and gets it.
3. you guys are saying that whenever its on give finder that people turn into mindless animals that shout out SHINY whenever they see red. thats not the case. in all of my give finder runs, ive rarely seen those kinds of people. most of the time when we reach the end we actually split the loot to those who actually need it. but i guess that depends on who youre running with. personally, whenever i DO see those kinds of people that just run around picking up the rares as soon as they hit the ground i just boot them.

and in regards to what someone posted above, i think mesata is under the common drops.

MrNomad
May 18, 2009, 11:21 PM

Lies.

Anyway, when I used to play the game the most popular rare drop modifier was random, since it meant one person could get 3 rares in a row. 2nd would be order, because then people get the benefit of having rare mats passed around evenly, and last would be give finder where it's every man for himself. All in all the best rare distribution is playing solo.

Rasputin
May 18, 2009, 11:48 PM

My take:

Random: Fairest. Why? Each item that drops has the same % chance to go to each player. See my take on order for more details.

Order: This WOULD be the best way to go. Problem is, items you can buy and several other items that are common and/or useless are considered rare. Plus there's the fact that someone's turn gets used on any item picked up, then if the next item picked up is a rare board, they have a 0% chance of getting it. That's just....no.

Finder: No thanks. We all dealt with it in PSO because well...that was the only way. And PSO worked in different ways that made Finder OK. But in PSU, finder would just favor Close-range fighters big time.

I wish I were joking.

thunder-ray
May 18, 2009, 11:51 PM
I wish I were joking.Like anybody cares if you were joking or not.

Rasputin
May 19, 2009, 12:04 AM
Like anybody cares if you were joking or not.

. ;~; .

Dark Phoenix5
May 19, 2009, 12:12 AM
GIVE FINDER WOOOOOT UNDERRATED

Zarode
May 19, 2009, 12:16 AM
Playing alone is pretty underrated, yes.

Dark Phoenix5
May 19, 2009, 12:33 AM
yes but it takes much more time

MrNomad
May 19, 2009, 12:34 AM
yes but it takes much more time

A little more time, a lot more rares, a lot less morons.

Dark Phoenix5
May 19, 2009, 12:40 AM
well i dont get jack shit playin alone and find it less fun and a waste of time....It took me 22 times with mega holy to find a black heart board(when they were rare)on true darkness

MrNomad
May 19, 2009, 12:53 AM
well i dont get jack shit playin alone and find it less fun and a waste of time....It took me 22 times with mega holy to find a black heart board(when they were rare)on true darkness

Its called luck. Some people get rares the 1st time they hunt it, other times, no.

Waste of time? How, exactly? It's the same as hunting in teams only no teams. It takes longer than having 4 guys kill shit in 3 seconds or less but it means all the rares you find are yours, and again, rare drop is determined by luck, nothing else. I've done tons of rare farming in teams and never got a rare, but I have soloed some and pick up a few just from that. And fun...Well, PSU's about as much fun as you can make it up to be, but it's all opinion.

Dark Phoenix5
May 19, 2009, 12:55 AM
mega holy is the new mid holy

autumn
May 19, 2009, 01:06 AM
Mega Holy luck doesn't effect boss boxes for drops :roll:

Dark Phoenix5
May 19, 2009, 01:09 AM
im pretty sure it does...........Thats y i get only vulcaline and kerseline with mid, super

not sayin i dont get tht stuff anyway lol...but i at least get rare stuff to appear(of course doesnt go 2 me)

Cracka_J
May 19, 2009, 08:04 AM
wow is this thread from like 2 years ago? bravo, nubz.

why people still play on anything but random is beyond me. re-read artea's post for the reason why, then beat yourself with an aluminum baseball bat every time you fail to understand it. rinse & repeat.

your next challenges will be creating fire and making a wheel out of stone, but I think that's a bit too advanced for you atm. all in good time!

Triple_S
May 19, 2009, 06:43 PM
wow is this thread from like 2 years ago? bravo, nubz.

Except that it isn't

Volcompat321
May 19, 2009, 09:30 PM
Wasn't it made....yesterday or the day before?

Unit D79
May 19, 2009, 11:24 PM
indeed it was...

MrNomad
May 20, 2009, 12:24 AM
Lies, this was made 2 years ago, and you all know it....Nubz.

Lunairetic
May 20, 2009, 12:28 AM
your next challenges will be creating fire and making a wheel out of stone, but I think that's a bit too advanced for you atm. all in good time!

And your next challenge will be extricating your foot from your mouth, and your head from your ass, all at once. Good luck, soldier.

Ceresa
May 20, 2009, 12:43 AM
He was referring to this thread as beating a dead horse, not a literal 2 year old thread necro...

Anyways, it's just fake video game lootz that barely improves your character in a piss-easy game that gets easier every update. Grow a pair, set it to random, and stop crying about stupid "rare" shit that will drop again tomorrow, or next week.

MrNomad
May 20, 2009, 01:16 AM
He was referring to this thread as beating a dead horse, not a literal 2 year old thread necro...

Anyways, it's just fake video game lootz that barely improves your character in a piss-easy game that gets easier every update. Grow a pair, set it to random, and stop crying about stupid "rare" shit that will drop again tomorrow, or next week.

Well, could have been said A LOT better, but pretty much this.

Cracka_J
May 20, 2009, 07:43 AM

did someone say something about foots, mouths, heads and asses?

congratz nubz on proving my point, you can get back to twiddling your stick over dried grass now. I wish you all luck :)

Dark Phoenix5
May 21, 2009, 03:56 PM

well unlike u some people have a life and only play few hours.So i have the right to speak my opinion on how rares are distributed tyvm....

and its like 3 days old woop di doo

UnluckyHunter
May 31, 2009, 04:20 PM
PSO really has a lousy distribution system. But, it is what it is, right? It's almost funny how people just can't work out something simple amongst themselves.

Kent
May 31, 2009, 06:02 PM
PSO really has a lousy distribution system. But, it is what it is, right? It's almost funny how people just can't work out something simple amongst themselves.
PSO didn't have a rare distribution system (but I guess that's what you were getting at).

I think the problem with the way that item distribution works in games like this is the fact that users have to either opt for them to be distributed automatically, or just make it a free-for-all system. Sometimes I wonder if there should be a "loot menu" added for rare item drops, to which rare items are added when picked up, and players can cast lots based on whether they can use the item (on that character) or whether they'll just use it for money. A lot of things that are present in PSU (specifically regarding the crafting "system") might fall into a grey area, but I think such a system would be overall rather nice for that type of game.

...That, or the Phantasy Star Zero/Diablo III system of "if you see it drop on your screen, it's yours." This one would be far more streamlined, but it seems like it might take away from the sharing aspect of the game when playing with an intelligent group, or a bunch of friends... But that point might end up being moot.