PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules Update

Ryna
May 18, 2009, 06:08 PM
A new revision of the forum rules has been uploaded:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules

There are no major policy revisions in this update. The main focus was to update the wording, improve their organization, and make them easier to understand.

SStrikerR
May 18, 2009, 10:06 PM
Nice work.

Dhylec
May 18, 2009, 11:11 PM
Nice work.

Since you already know the rules, this is just a shorter, nicer version.

Zarode
May 19, 2009, 12:12 AM
Blocking PSO-World.com Advertisements
PSO-World.com's hosting is payed for by the insertion of Gamespy ad banners on every page. Posts discussing methods for blocking Gamespy ads will be removed.

They aren't paying enough. :wacko: (paid, not payed)

Ryna
May 19, 2009, 06:45 AM
The language for that rule was updated.

W0LB0T
May 21, 2009, 09:39 PM
Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, or posting styles.

Nice trolling grammar nazis there Ryna. You give me an english lession, i'll give you a rush concert

SStrikerR
May 21, 2009, 10:24 PM
Nice trolling grammar nazis there Ryna. You give me an english lession, i'll give you a rush concert

I wonder if that rule applies to posts that even a master cryptologist couldn't figure out.
such as:

omghey guyz gues wut hapned 2day!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1!
i foudn an awsom itemmmmmmmm but i got hcked wut do i do?

Seriously, I was TRYING to come up with a crappy post. Most people tend to post like that naturally.

W0LB0T
May 21, 2009, 10:26 PM
In that situation, ignore them. If it can't be read, don't read it

Dhylec
May 21, 2009, 11:07 PM
I wonder if that rule applies to posts that even a master cryptologist couldn't figure out.
such as:

omghey guyz gues wut hapned 2day!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1!
i foudn an awsom itemmmmmmmm but i got hcked wut do i do?

Seriously, I was TRYING to come up with a crappy post. Most people tend to post like that naturally.
Of course, the only place such posts allowed to appear should be FKL; elsewhere, means edit or delete.

Nitro Vordex
May 22, 2009, 07:18 PM
Great, maybe people will actually read and understand the rules, then.

KodiaX987
May 22, 2009, 08:48 PM
Great, maybe people will actually read--

You speak madness, good sir. ;)

Kylie
May 23, 2009, 12:40 PM
Not bad. If only I remembered the old rules enough to have something to compare this to. :wacko:

W0LB0T
May 24, 2009, 01:09 PM
Off-Topic/Spam Posting
Create new topics in the appropriate forums. If you make a mistake and post in the wrong forum, contact us and the thread will be moved. When replying to a thread outside the Fresh Kills Landfill forum, be sure your reply is on-topic and relevant. Beconstructive with your replies, try to avoid one-word replies. Please note that Fresh Kills is still moderated and while you can freely post in it, limits do apply.

Whoops, you forgot the spacebar there.

You should put something about advising people to make their posts clear and understandable. To avoid people going all AOL speak, then getting butthurt when no one responds to them, or sparking a grammar nazi flamewar.

Also somewhere in there to let people know the rules still apply in the news comments section.

Ryna
May 24, 2009, 01:29 PM
[/LIST]
Whoops, you forgot the spacebar there.

You should put something about advising people to make their posts clear and understandable. To avoid people going all AOL speak, then getting butthurt when no one responds to them, or sparking a grammar nazi flamewar.

Also somewhere in there to let people know the rules still apply in the news comments section.

I fixed the typo. The first paragraph mentions that the rules apply to news comments and all areas of the site.

If someone types up something that is nonsensical, report the post and the staff will review it.

psofan219
May 25, 2009, 01:31 AM
So, wait, you can actually report such posts like the example above, given by SStrikerR?

EDIT: Good job with the rules clean-up guys. It looks nice.

Ryna
May 25, 2009, 02:31 PM
So, wait, you can actually report such posts like the example above, given by SStrikerR?

Users are always encouraged to report posts that seem suspicious.

Like I said earlier, if you encounter a post that cannot be understood by a literate human being, report it and we'll review it.

psofan219
May 26, 2009, 12:53 AM
Was just wondering if we could do that. Maybe that'll get people to read the rules? Doubt it, but if they see their posts being changed, either one of two things are most likely to happen: They'll leave, then talk smack about the mods here cleaning up their posts (they shouldn't be like that in the first place. How hard is it to type everything out? Seriously.), or, they'll read the rules* to find out why their posts are being changed.

*It'd be nice.