PDA

View Full Version : Will an MGS5 be revealed at E3? Or this Thursday?!

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 12:46 AM
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/?ref=koji_pro_e

If you look closely you can see a "5" or "S" pop up every few seconds.
I think it's a bit too soon for an MGS5 in my opinion and I'm still hoping MGS4 will somehow be ported to Xbox 360 eventually..

8-)

Dark Phoenix5
May 19, 2009, 12:49 AM
ffirst off piss on mgs cookies.....It wouldve sold so much if only it was on a good console(mgs4)

I wouldnt think a fifth comes out because i heard mgs4 ended it all(so ive heard.....wouldve played if on 360)

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 12:56 AM
ffirst off piss on mgs cookies.....It wouldve sold so much if only it was on a good console(mgs4)

I wouldnt think a fifth comes out because i heard mgs4 ended it all(so ive heard.....wouldve played if on 360)

NICE :no:

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 01:09 AM
Lol I know PS3 does suck. In case you didn't notice, like you, I have my Xbox Live gamertag in my sig so I guess that means I'm a 360 gamer! :wacko:

The ONLY reason I wanted a PS3 was for MGS4 and that was it. But since I beat MGS4 on my friends PS3, I can care less.
Though if MGS4 were ported to the 360, I definitely wouldn't mind getting into the incredibly deep MGO and beating MGS4's single player mode a second time.

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 01:19 AM
Yeah, that was kinda dumb to develop it from the ground up for just the PS3 rather than both consoles. MGS is 3rd party so SONY doesn't own MGS like Nintendo owns Mario. And MGS2 was also made for Xbox.
It's also already been proven that MGS4 would run on Xbox 360's hardware and I also saw recently saw on G4 an interview with Kojima during the last GDC event and he said that he was actually very dissapointed with what the PS3's hardware had to offer during the making of MGS4. No doubt about it, this probably could've come to 360 at launch as well and seeing how the ratio from 360 owners to PS3 owners is like 5 to 1, Konami would have made a SHAT load of more money and more gamers overall would've been pleased. Everyone would've won.

goldbrease
May 19, 2009, 02:35 AM
i see this same thing on 4chan nearly every day. msg4 will not go to the 360.
and every interview kojima gets hes asked will it go to the 360 and he gets really ticked.
if your going to make a topic wondering about msg5 then keep it on topic or i move for this topic to be locked and deleted because it has flown way off topic.

and there is the posability of MGS5, in an old interview kojima talked about the posability of snake receiving gene therapy treatment sometime in the game to make him young again.
so there is very much a chance for MGS5.

edit: i can not sight this interview as it was in a old gamepro magazine and i no longer have most of my game pro magazines.

edit2: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/14/here-are-your-mostly-horrible-kojima-theories/ has an article and a image that seems to point to snake in the clouds.

AC9breaker
May 19, 2009, 06:22 AM
incredibly deep MGO

I lol'ed

I was hoping for a new Zone of Enders or some new IP but since the tags for the site read MGS and Metal Gear and the font used is the same as metal gear font it's obviously an MGS game. It would make sense it was something as unspectacular as them announcing MGO for the Xbro. Reminds me of MGS for the Iphone. Everyone swore it was for the 360 due to the logo and then Kojima was all like sike. Also, Microsoft's E3 press conference is on the day of the last announcement for the website so it seems pretty likely to be a game for the Xbro.

It would be cool if Kojima announced MGS5 on that day exclusive for the tr3y just to steal thunder from Microsoft press conference and troll Xbro fanboys. But I doubt that's the case. Either way though, I win.

360tr3y Just gotta get me a damn Wii nor for Monster Hunter Tri.

Zarode
May 19, 2009, 07:20 AM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2342/blurbmgs4xbox360oj12008.png

It's a pretty crappy game. Also, weird as fuck, compared to the other three.

Dragwind
May 19, 2009, 07:59 AM
Didn't Kojima say MGS4 was the last MGS for sure this time?
Oh wait, he said that about the others too.

If a MGS5 is announced, I'm going to feel so behind. I still haven't finished 3, or started my own file on 4.

Outrider
May 19, 2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah, it's probably an MGS4 port for Xbox.

Also, there is going to be an MGS5. Both Kojima and Ryan Payton have mentioned it as an inevitability, though neither of them will be working on it (Assuming Kojima actually stays true to his word this time around). Payton mentioned before that he felt Big Boss's story still had a lot left to it, and I think that's a sound way for them make the next game - go back to the past rather than trying to add onto what is a pretty complete ending. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure they're going to try and make games that take place after MGS4 and ruin the conclusion that they put together, but I think they'll wait a bit before doing that.

To be honest, I'd actually be quite interested in a Metal Gear spin-off that dealt with what Raiden was doing between MGS2 and MGS4. I know it would probably just end up being a Ninja Gaiden rip-off, but it could be neat.

Maybe we'll get an MGS4 port with a Raiden side-story tacked on? [/daydreaming]

amtalx
May 19, 2009, 09:19 AM
Kojima has said that MGS4 was the end of Snake's story arc, not the end of MGS. To be honest, I would like to see a game based around Raiden. He shat whoop-ass in MGS4.

AC9breaker
May 19, 2009, 09:35 AM
I want a game based on Otacon. In particular where he has to escape from his house or else face being raped by his step-mom.

Neith
May 19, 2009, 10:45 AM
I want a game based on Otacon. In particular where he has to escape from his house or else face being raped by his step-mom.

Is that before or after he wets himself in the cupboard? :wacko:

Anyway, I'm hoping for either:
MGS4 / New MGS for 360 (latter is very unlikely, but I can't justify getting a PS3 yet)
What I would LOVE even more though...(look at the username)
Zone of the Enders 3. I still play the original ZOE, it's so awesome.

Here's hoping it's not another disappointment like the last Kojima announcement.

Kent
May 19, 2009, 11:07 AM
Well, either way, there's been a little bit of hacking done on the SWF file reveals that the countdown is apparently one of a series of countdowns, with the final one landing on the day of Microsoft's E3 presser.

MGS4 on 360? It's not any more likely than it always has been.
MGS5? Maybe - I mean, the tags for the page are littered with Metal Gear Solid things.
"Metal Gear Oxide?" Random rumor is random, though some people seem to be putting faith in this guy (http://twitter.com/gamefork).

To be honest, the first thing I thought when I saw this was Boktai. Potentially a Boktai that uses the Wii's Forecast Channel to determine the weather effects of your area, and uses them to modify the game.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 19, 2009, 11:47 AM
Is that before or after he wets himself in the cupboard? :wacko:

Anyway, I'm hoping for either:
MGS4 / New MGS for 360 (latter is very unlikely, but I can't justify getting a PS3 yet)
What I would LOVE even more though...(look at the username)
Zone of the Enders 3. I still play the original ZOE, it's so awesome.

Here's hoping it's not another disappointment like the last Kojima announcement.

I'd love to see a Zone of the Enders 3. The last one will always be my favorite mech action game.

Sexy_Raine
May 19, 2009, 01:39 PM
Meh, I'm not really that excited for the announcement. Doesn't really matter if it's multi or not. PS3 has plenty of awesome stuff coming out that Xpox won't get their hands on. We also got your Bioshock 2. :)

Anywayz whatever it is, we'll know at E3.

joefro
May 19, 2009, 02:00 PM
I'm thinking timed-exclusive game for Xbox 360. I don't think that it will have to do with MGS, I think that they put the "S" or "5" in there to throw people off. We'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

For me personally, this is at the bottom of my expectations for Microsoft's E3 presser. If this is there FFXIII of '09, then color me disappointed.

Outrider
May 19, 2009, 02:47 PM
I don't think the 5 actually means much beyond the fact that it's part of a much larger countdown: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15892526&postcount=1183

So basically, when this timer runs out, the 5 will change to 4, and so on and so forth.

Neith
May 19, 2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah, there's meant to be 5 timers in total. If I recall correctly, the final one expires on the day that Microsoft do their press conference at E3. Whether that is significant, I don't know.

For anyone who isn't sure if it's Metal Gear related, check the source code for the page (not in IE). Some of the tags are there, and one is 'METAL GEAR'. Of course, knowing Kojima, it's probably all an elaborate plot to make us all think it's a new MGS >_>

goldbrease
May 19, 2009, 03:06 PM
if its not msg5 then its likely smg4+ they have done it with the past MSG games, extra missions, modes, maybe play as raiden, maybe play as liquid oncelot.
whatever it may be, with kojima making it, you know it will not be 360 exclusive.

goldbrease
May 19, 2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah, there's meant to be 5 timers in total. If I recall correctly, the final one expires on the day that Microsoft do their press conference at E3. Whether that is significant, I don't know.

For anyone who isn't sure if it's Metal Gear related, check the source code for the page (not in IE). Some of the tags are there, and one is 'METAL GEAR'. Of course, knowing Kojima, it's probably all an elaborate plot to make us all think it's a new MGS >_>

lol maybe it will be metal gear for DSi lol.

Rasputin
May 19, 2009, 03:10 PM
Maybe. PS3 really does need a good new movie.

Leviathan
May 19, 2009, 03:18 PM
I bet it's something really unexpected.
We just need to play the waiting game.

Outrider
May 19, 2009, 03:23 PM
It's pretty likely that this is a product for the Xbox - they wouldn't have it end right when the Microsoft presser is starting if it wasn't related to that.

There's a reason big announcements are scheduled around the big three press events - they know most people will be paying attention to whatever Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo is announcing.

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 03:24 PM
Oh I think I heard about this a long time ago on G4.
Now this is just what I'm guessing.
It will be a revamped'ish version of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Metal Gear Solid 4 EXISTENCE for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

That only makes sense (e.g. MGS2: Substance MGS3: Subsistence) Ya heard it from me first! ^^

That would be awesome if I was right...

Months ago I saw something about this on G4's blog and I think this so called MGS4 'EXISTENCE' has been in the works for a long time now.

goldbrease
May 19, 2009, 04:21 PM
Oh I think I heard about this a long time ago on G4.
Now this is just what I'm guessing.
It will be a revamped'ish version of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Metal Gear Solid 4 EXISTENCE for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

That only makes sense (e.g. MGS2: Substance MGS3: Subsistence) Ya heard it from me first! ^^

That would be awesome if I was right...

Months ago I saw something about this on G4's blog and I think this so called MGS4 'EXISTENCE' has been in the works for a long time now.

I wonder if we are going to get more hunt the monkey missions again >.>

Split
May 19, 2009, 05:54 PM
Wow, I looked at that site yesterday, and the skies were clear and there was no timer. Seeing as said timer has 50 hours left as of my posting (it's 6:48 pm on a Tuesday here in the U.S. on the East Coast), I would say without a doubt in my mind that it's going to be revealed 50 hours from now (meaning yes, it'll probably be revealed late Thursday night, and I can't wait to watch it end!).

The 5 that appears and the numbers in the timer look a lot like the font of the MGS logo, so...draw your own conclusions.

joefro
May 19, 2009, 06:40 PM
Wow, I looked at that site yesterday, and the skies were clear and there was no timer. Seeing as said timer has 50 hours left as of my posting (it's 6:48 pm on a Tuesday here in the U.S. on the East Coast), I would say without a doubt in my mind that it's going to be revealed 50 hours from now (meaning yes, it'll probably be revealed late Thursday night, and I can't wait to watch it end!).

The 5 that appears and the numbers in the timer look a lot like the font of the MGS logo, so...draw your own conclusions.
the timer is for a new timer...

Split
May 19, 2009, 07:08 PM
the timer is for a new timer...F*ck me, then...it would've been much better if you'd left me to find that out for myself late thursday night lol.

joefro
May 19, 2009, 07:22 PM
it'll save you time and frustration now ;)

goldbrease
May 19, 2009, 07:40 PM
they will probably modify the page to show something new.
actually i just thought of something, it could be the MGS game kojima said he wanted to make for the wii.

Lance813
May 19, 2009, 07:48 PM
It can't be 5 yet, It's probably some sweet DLC for MGS4 or something like that.

Damn I love MGS3, I need to play that again.

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 08:31 PM
Oh God please be MGS4 for Xbox 360! >_<

Lance813
May 19, 2009, 08:50 PM
It'll probably be something like. MGS4: Substance.

Hahaaaa, I would die laughing.

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 08:55 PM
It'll probably be something like. MGS4: Substance.

Hahaaaa, I would die laughing.

They already used Substance for MGS2 and Subsistence for MGS3.

I bet when they remake MGS4 with added features it will be called Existence.

joefro
May 19, 2009, 09:01 PM
How about MGS4: Sustenance ?

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/sustenance

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 09:08 PM
How about MGS4: Sustenance ?

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/sustenance

NO.
THAT'S WRONG.

Volcompat321
May 19, 2009, 09:27 PM
Foxhound symbol with kojima in the patch.....This really could be MGS5

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 09:32 PM
Foxhound symbol with kojima in the patch.....This really could be MGS5

lol Volcompat

Volcompat321
May 19, 2009, 09:34 PM
lol Volcompat

lol shaz... :D

I am not familiar with other kojima games....Do they use it often for other games? If so, just ignore my last post.

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 09:41 PM
lol shaz... :D

I am not familiar with other kojima games....Do they use it often for other games? If so, just ignore my last post.

Lol yeah Hideo Kojima usually puts his SEAL OF AWESOMENESS on any game he makes.

It's ok though since your Volcompat and your probably the coolest kid on these forums. Other than me.
:D

:wacko:

joefro
May 19, 2009, 09:46 PM
I'm not familiar with Kojima games either, but I think that they all use the fox logo.

Volcompat321
May 19, 2009, 09:46 PM
Haha thanks man :D

Kent
May 19, 2009, 10:07 PM
I'm not familiar with Kojima games either, but I think that they all use the fox logo.
They don't. The Kojima Productions' Foxhound logo is actually fairly new, with the creation of the Kojima Productions studio, whose first game was Metal Gear Acid 2. Previous games headed by Hideo Kojima did not have this logo, but Konami says that all of his previous games belong to the studio now.

Outrider
May 20, 2009, 10:51 AM
they will probably modify the page to show something new.
actually i just thought of something, it could be the MGS game kojima said he wanted to make for the wii.

It most likely isn't. Like we've all been saying, the timer is set to run out just in time for the Microsoft press conference this E3.

I would suggest you place your bets on it relating to the Xbox.

goldbrease
May 20, 2009, 02:32 PM
It most likely isn't. Like we've all been saying, the timer is set to run out just in time for the Microsoft press conference this E3.

I would suggest you place your bets on it relating to the Xbox.

you may be hoping for that, but think of how many other things fell on the day of ms's press conference and were for nintendo or sony.

SubstanceD
May 20, 2009, 03:01 PM
Normally I wouldn't puch much stock in a rumour such as this but I have visted the website, there is a big 5 displayed in the page and in the corner of the screen there's that weird little Fox logo that has appeared on the more recent Metal Gear Solid games ( I read somewhere that this symbol is for Kojima's projects ). Off the top of my head I can't think of any other Konami games that Kojima has worked on that is due for 5th installment so my only guess is MGS5.

Alot of people seem to think that it is MGS5 and alot of these same people seem to think that it will star Raiden ( the Lightning on the teaser supposedly gives that away since Raiden=Lightning ). I'm not sure what to think of that, I don't like Raiden, I didn't like him in MGS2 and I didn't like him in MGS4. I was also a little dissapoined in MGS4's gameplay ( felt to linear ) and I was very dissapointed in it's storyline. It's kind of hard to get psyched for a new game in a franchise when it's predessor ended with a wimper and you don't really like the protaganist of the poetential 5th game.

jShazBot
May 20, 2009, 04:18 PM
Normally I wouldn't puch much stock in a rumour such as this but I have visted the website, there is a big 5 displayed in the page and in the corner of the screen there's that weird little Fox logo that has appeared on the more recent Metal Gear Solid games ( I read somewhere that this symbol is for Kojima's projects ). Off the top of my head I can't think of any other Konami games that Kojima has worked on that is due for 5th installment so my only guess is MGS5.

Alot of people seem to think that it is MGS5 and alot of these same people seem to think that it will star Raiden ( the Lightning on the teaser supposedly gives that away since Raiden=Lightning ). I'm not sure what to think of that, I don't like Raiden, I didn't like him in MGS2 and I didn't like him in MGS4. I was also a little dissapoined in MGS4's gameplay ( felt to linear ) and I was very dissapointed in it's storyline. It's kind of hard to get psyched for a new game in a franchise when it's predessor ended with a wimper and you don't really like the protaganist of the poetential 5th game.

I beg to differ. Yes MGS4 gave you a map and an objective point but do you know how many ways you can get there?! As for gameplay, I personally think MGS4 has one of the best control schemes to ever be in a videogame, CQC was kinda deep and required good timing, giving you the option to switch shoulders when in over-the shoulder view was pure genius, and little things like the Octocamo, the threat ring, ability to play dead whenever you wanted, and the option to switch into FPS view were all amazing. As for story, everyone has their own opinions so I won't criticize you on that, but you have to admit that the "Cinematic Adventure" provided in the game was still amazing just like the others and the writing and voice acting equaled that of Hollywood Hit movies.

As for the Teaser, this can really be anything. I'm REALLY hoping it's the so called MGS4: Existence like rumored. I mean, it only makes sense, MGS4 has been out long enough for it to get a re-release with extra crap just like all the other previous MGS games. And hopefully, like MGS2:Substance's release, MGS4 will make it to PC and Xbox 360 also.
MGS4 hasn't even been out for a full year yet. It's too early for MGS5 to even be announced.
Though, all this talk of a Raiden game actually seems believable now because of all the clues and hints left by Kojima. Even though I liked Raiden in MGS4 and hated him like everyone else in MGS2, I don't think a Raiden game sounds to good... When I hear this, I think about some lame hack and slash Devil May Cry game featuring Raiden. That would be ridiculous.
I would much rather play as Big Boss in another prequel.

But hey at least we're not getting another shitty iPhone MGS game! XD
I hope...

Outrider
May 20, 2009, 04:37 PM
you may be hoping for that, but think of how many other things fell on the day of ms's press conference and were for nintendo or sony.

I think you're missing the point. It's scheduled to end exactly when the Microsoft press event begins. It would be surprising if it wasn't related to the Xbox. These kinds of things have happened before, and like I said, the safest bet is to assume that it will happen again.

I honestly can't remember any major reveal that happened with one of the Big 3 that was during one of the other major press events (unless the press events were scheduled for the same time, like with Nintendo and Sony a few years ago.)

Besides, just think about it - how often is there a major Metal Gear announcement at E3 that isn't presented during one of the Big 3 press events? I can't think of any.

Announcing a new MGS expansion (I think we can assume it won't be another sequel on the scale of MGS4) at the same time as the Microsoft press event for anything but the Xbox would just be a waste from a marketing perspective. It's not big enough to overshadow the Microsoft event, and it would get more media attention if it's not in direct competition with a much larger presentation.

Kent
May 20, 2009, 06:26 PM
I think you're missing the point. It's scheduled to end exactly when the Microsoft press event begins. It would be surprising if it wasn't related to the Xbox. These kinds of things have happened before, and like I said, the safest bet is to assume that it will happen again.
I'm not disagreeing with you - but Kojima is kinda known for doing weird, off-the-wall things. It's entirely possible that this has nothing to do with either Metal Gear Solid or Microsoft... But you'd have to be blind (and possibly rolling dice) to say that it isn't highly probable that this will be a Microsoft thing.

Announcing a new MGS expansion (I think we can assume it won't be another sequel on the scale of MGS4) at the same time as the Microsoft press event for anything but the Xbox would just be a waste from a marketing perspective. It's not big enough to overshadow the Microsoft event, and it would get more media attention if it's not in direct competition with a much larger presentation.
...Unless it's a port of Metal Gear Solid Touch to the oft-rumored ZuneHD as a launch title. :wacko:

jShazBot
May 20, 2009, 06:30 PM
...Unless it's a port of Metal Gear Solid Touch to the oft-rumored ZuneHD as a launch title. :wacko:

Goddamit Kent! Now you have me wondering about that to! :(

Lance813
May 20, 2009, 06:50 PM
They already used Substance for MGS2 and Subsistence for MGS3.

I bet when they remake MGS4 with added features it will be called Existence.

Or they could slap "integral" on it, like number one.

jShazBot
May 20, 2009, 07:36 PM
Or they could slap "integral" on it, like number one.

NO. THAT IS WRONG.

goldbrease
May 21, 2009, 12:03 AM
you know, ,kojima could be remaking the old metal gear games when snake faught big boss.

edit: i think kojima once said he would also like to remake the first MGS game.

Outrider
May 21, 2009, 04:28 PM
Well, I'll be damned:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/21/upcoming-famitsu-to-cover-new-metal-gear-game-for-playstation-sy/

Time to go eat my own words.

Now there's no proof that this is the same MGS announcement as in the teaser, but if there's anything less likely than the teaser announcing a Metal Gear game for Playstation at the same times as the Microsoft presser, it's them releasing two major Metal Gear products at E3.

But hey, who knows? All bets are off, I guess.

goldbrease
May 21, 2009, 04:32 PM
Well, I'll be damned:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/21/upcoming-famitsu-to-cover-new-metal-gear-game-for-playstation-sy/

Time to go eat my own words.

Now there's no proof that this is the same MGS announcement as in the teaser, but if there's anything less likely than the teaser announcing a Metal Gear game for Playstation at the same times as the Microsoft presser, it's them releasing two major Metal Gear products at E3.

But hey, who knows? All bets are off, I guess.

gah you beat me to it! lol. i see i'm not the only one who reads this site.

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 05:39 PM
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I WANT MGS FOR XBOX
:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Outrider
May 21, 2009, 05:46 PM
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I WANT MGS FOR XBOX
:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Even now, I still wouldn't rule it out.

But I just wouldn't say it with 99% certainty anymore.

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 06:33 PM
Even now, I still wouldn't rule it out.

But I just wouldn't say it with 99% certainty anymore.

Eh, your right. -_-
Timer is at 1:27:09 now.
Fingers still crossed.

Split
May 21, 2009, 07:28 PM
Just a half hour left until...another timer? I'm gonna watch it just to make sure...

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 07:34 PM
Just a half hour left until...another timer? I'm gonna watch it just to make sure...

Haha right when I saw your post I opened my tab that had the timer in it and it had just hit 00:30:00!

Lol, I wanna be talking to as much peeps as possible when it hits zero.
Add my MSN everyone if your watching this!
[email protected]

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 07:58 PM
OMG I'm at 2:30 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Split
May 21, 2009, 08:01 PM

...lol

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 08:02 PM

...lol

I was stuck at 00:00:00 for a couple of seconds
I'm reloading the page now but for some reason it won't fully load. o_o

Split
May 21, 2009, 08:04 PM
Same here. Well, that means I have to read Death of Salesman now...oh, goody...

Ima just keep refreshing every once in a while, I guess

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 08:08 PM
Same here. Well, that means I have to read Death of Salesman now...oh, goody...

Ima just keep refreshing every once in a while, I guess

How depressing. I watch the timer hit zero like a loyal fan and Hideo takes the site down. Looks like the link is dead now.

*cuts self* //_-

Leviathan
May 21, 2009, 08:46 PM
:lol:
Maybe it'll update tomorrow, or it was a big [and very successful] troll strategy?

Dark Phoenix5
May 21, 2009, 08:48 PM
Meh, I'm not really that excited for the announcement. Doesn't really matter if it's multi or not. PS3 has plenty of awesome stuff coming out that Xpox won't get their hands on. We also got your Bioshock 2. :)

Anywayz whatever it is, we'll know at E3.

lol wow bioshock 2 is for the 360 as well DUHHHHH:-x

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 08:49 PM
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh::-) :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Dark Phoenix5
May 21, 2009, 08:57 PM
lol tht person is obviously not very bright....considering we got bioshock a year before they even got it....I hate the ps3...last place in sells for a reason(sucks)lol

ALSO THEY HAVE NO PSU

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 09:14 PM
lol tht person is obviously not very bright....considering we got bioshock a year before they even got it....I hate the ps3...last place in sells for a reason(sucks)lol

ALSO THEY HAVE NO PSU

Hahaha thats all true.
Unfortunately, they get MGS4 and we don't. And MGS4 is by far one of the best games I have ever played.

Split
May 21, 2009, 09:26 PM
New countdown, and this time...it's raining! X-ITEMENT

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html

just 118 hours till what is most likely...another countdown. Heheh, best to not look at it and just wait for E3 IMO

jShazBot
May 21, 2009, 09:32 PM
New countdown, and this time...it's raining! X-ITEMENT

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html

just 118 hours till what is most likely...another countdown. Heheh, best to not look at it and just wait for E3 IMO

Wow, was not expecting this.
Not I'm more confused than ever.
200 hour timer? And now theres 3's and backwards 3's and backwords 6's and 5's all popping up and stuff @_@
Now I'm confused as shit.
I think I'll just wait for the pro's to decipher all of this.

joefro
May 21, 2009, 10:18 PM
"5@E3"

Read that on Kotaku.

Dark Phoenix5
May 21, 2009, 11:33 PM
Hahaha thats all true.
Unfortunately, they get MGS4 and we don't. And MGS4 is by far one of the best games I have ever played.

yes but mgs4 cant make a console....we got gears and halo to back up their single good exclusive.

goldbrease
May 22, 2009, 12:11 AM
by joystick, timer is at 5 days, and now flashes 5 @ E 3.

I just looked and the timer is at 199:34:01 and its flashed 5 3 E P ..... ok....
well its now a really good chance it will be MGS5.
with the play station magazine announcement its likely it will be for ps3, since the timer keep changing it may or may not end on the xbox day of e3.

Dark Phoenix5
May 22, 2009, 08:12 AM
they should know that if they were to be on 360 they would sell more

Outrider
May 22, 2009, 09:00 AM
yes but mgs4 cant make a console....we got gears and halo to back up their single good exclusive.

PS3 has plenty of decent games. Settle down.

MGS4 is an excellent game, and I think it would be great for Xbox players to get their hands on it. I will say that a lot of Xbox players who think of games solely in terms of Halo and its kin are going to be quite disappointed with MGS4 if they think it's just an action game. Half of it really is cutscenes, and if someone can't accept that, they're going to have a tough time with it or find it lacking.

But I'll still say that regardless of all its quirks, it's one of the best games this generation.

AC9breaker
May 22, 2009, 11:24 AM

http://zip.4chan.org/v/src/1243004258641.jpg

joefro
May 22, 2009, 11:34 AM
Off the top of my head...
Little Big Planet
Killzone 2
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Among Thieves
inFAMOUS
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance 1 & 2
Valkyria Chonicles
God of War III

All PS3 exclusives, all pretty damn decent games. And really, have you played the unfinished beta Gears of War 2? I don't care if its fixed now, but when it launched the online was terrible.

All in all, MGS4 doesn't define the PS3 and Halo and Gears certainly don't define X360.

On topic: I don't understand why MGS5 would be announced so early and I really don't understand why the fifth game in a series coming to a new console with a fanbase largely unfamiliar with the series.

amtalx
May 22, 2009, 12:29 PM
On topic: I don't understand why MGS5 would be announced so early and I really don't understand why the fifth game in a series coming to a new console with a fanbase largely unfamiliar with the series.

I believe $$$ is the answer you are looking for. :p Everything makes more money on 360 simply because it has better penetration.

While most of the exclusives you listed are good, none of them drove unit sales whereas Halo games will sell a million copies just because it says 'Halo' on the box. I think that has more to do with the PS3's prohibitive price point though.

Rasputin
May 22, 2009, 01:22 PM
You think they'll release MGS5 on DVD for those of us who don't have blu-ray players?

Dark Phoenix5
May 22, 2009, 02:25 PM
Off the top of my head...
Little Big Planet
Killzone 2
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Among Thieves
inFAMOUS
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance 1 & 2
Valkyria Chonicles
God of War III

All PS3 exclusives, all pretty damn decent games. And really, have you played the unfinished beta Gears of War 2? I don't care if its fixed now, but when it launched the online was terrible.

All in all, MGS4 doesn't define the PS3 and Halo and Gears certainly don't define X360.

u almost make me laugh lol....
little big planet:I cant even take that game seriously
killzone 2:If im not mistaken the first one was crappy so y do i care about this one????
uncharted:....ok
Infamous:boring
ratchet and clank:sorry i dropped my balls
resistance:best ones u listed but still not as great as halo 3.
valkyria chronicles:low
God of War 3:maybe just maybe it can sell as much as the second one did lol

Dark Phoenix5
May 22, 2009, 02:26 PM
just face the facts the 360 has the best games

Volcompat321
May 22, 2009, 02:37 PM

I would have to disagree, as an owner of both systems.
They both bring a lot to the table. It's all about the gaming type you love to play.
PS3 obviously has better graphics and whatnot. 360 has...it's Microsoft.
I love both systems equally, I play games that are on both systems, games like that I usually get it for PS3. Unless games like RE5 come out. It was originally a Playstation game so I'd get it for PS3. Games that were originally for Xbox (original) I'd get on the 360. Like I said before, it's all a matter of what style of games you like, as both systems have their exclusive games, and most of the time are really good.

On an off not of what you said; Killzone 1 was awesome, Killzone 2 is even better. I'd play Killzone over Halo 3 anyday.

Neith
May 22, 2009, 03:03 PM
On an off not of what you said; Killzone 1 was awesome, Killzone 2 is even better. I'd play Killzone over Halo 3 anyday.

Have to agree. I played Halo 3 a bit and hated it. Killzone is a very nice game, just a bit dated now. I haven't been able to play Killzone 2 though (don't have a PS3). As a rule though, I hate FPS games on consoles (mouse/keyboard > controller), but Killzone was decent with friends and the story wasn't too bad.

On-topic; I honestly don't think we're seeing a 360 MGS now after the news from Famitsu, which is a shame. Come on Kojima; stop being so restrictive and let more people into MGS.. I played 1/2/Twin Snakes a lot, and loved them all. As I don't own a PS3, I was abit annoyed I couldn't play MGS4, so after Twin Snakes I was somewhat hoping for MGS on another platform I owned.

Leviathan
May 22, 2009, 03:11 PM

Only a matter of opinions.
How can one determine what the whole likes?

amtalx
May 22, 2009, 03:51 PM
I would have to disagree, as an owner of both systems.
They both bring a lot to the table. It's all about the gaming type you love to play.
PS3 obviously has better graphics and whatnot. 360 has...it's Microsoft.
I love both systems equally, I play games that are on both systems, games like that I usually get it for PS3. Unless games like RE5 come out. It was originally a Playstation game so I'd get it for PS3. Games that were originally for Xbox (original) I'd get on the 360. Like I said before, it's all a matter of what style of games you like, as both systems have their exclusive games, and most of the time are really good.

A bit of flawed logic here...

First, the PS3 doesn't obviously have better graphics. Aside from Killzone 2, there is nothing the PS3 had done to warrant all the wet dreams people had about the Cell processor. There also aren't any big budget games on the 360 that have post-processing rendering engines like Killzone 2. The Cell processor is going the same way the Emotion Engine did for PS2. Remember how that was supposed to have revolutionary, procedurally generated AI and Saddam was buying them as missile guidance systems? What happened to that plan... That's not to say the graphics aren't fantastic, but the self aggrandizing on Sony's part about the Cell processor isn't deserved.

It also doesn't makes sense to get something because it has historically been on that system. Games like GTAIV don't really matter because they are essentially neck and neck in terms of functionality, however a game lke RE5 is much better suited for 360. Why? Because the party/invite system on PSN is a f*cking abomination. Not too good for a game with co-op as a main selling point.

I enjoyed Killzone 2, but the original Killzone was...pretty bad. Poor frame rate, terrible story, less than inspired weapons, etc. Guerrilla really stepped up their game for the sequel, but their first effort fell flat, particularly for a game that was supposed to dethrone Halo 1.

Neith
May 22, 2009, 04:00 PM
I enjoyed Killzone 2, but the original Killzone was...pretty bad. Poor frame rate, terrible story, less than inspired weapons, etc. Guerrilla really stepped up their game for the sequel, but their first effort fell flat, particularly for a game that was supposed to dethrone Halo 1.

You didn't like the first game? I guess I had higher standards, since I didn't have an Xbox to play the original Halo (my only experience of it was multiplayer round a friend's house, which was decent, but not the best game ever like everyone at the time claimed it was). I didn't mind Killzone's story, even if the Nazi undertones were far too obvious sometimes. Multiplayer was about as decent as PS2 could get (could've used some music and better SFX but it was passable). To be honest, I think a lot of people rated Killzone badly purely because of the whole 'Halo-killer' tag it was given.

amtalx
May 22, 2009, 04:14 PM
The thing that killed me about the Killzone story is they never bother to explain the history of the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast. It seems like a cool story, and it would pull me in more if they had bothered to explain why I wanted to kill these people. Insted they just drop you in the middle of a war, give you a gun and say "that's the bad guy, shoot him". That was my problem with Killzone 2 as well. The only time they bother even mentioning the Helghast mutation is in the intro movie.

joefro
May 22, 2009, 05:18 PM
Considering 90% of games are multiplatform, there is no way for the 360 to have the best games. And as far as 360 exclusives in '09, the list is short (so far.) What do we have? Halo 3: ODST? Anything else that you can think of? This year, for the first time ever, I think that the PS3 has better exclusives.

EDIT: wow this thread is....off topic :wacko:

Dark Phoenix5
May 22, 2009, 08:38 PM
well look at ps3 in last place all alone lol..I dont care what any of u say i know way more people that go 360 than ps3.anyways im guessing the ps3 fanboys here r defending since thay only play psu on a sony console(which is terrible now)

WITH taht said im gonna quit posting here before i wanna go and kill ps3 fanboys..

OH and kingdom hearts 3 for the 360 also

goldbrease
May 22, 2009, 11:45 PM
I believe $$$ is the answer you are looking for. :p Everything makes more money on 360 simply because it has better penetration.

While most of the exclusives you listed are good, none of them drove unit sales whereas Halo games will sell a million copies just because it says 'Halo' on the box. I think that has more to do with the PS3's prohibitive price point though.

actually game developers and publishers have stated that it costs more to release them on the 360, because Microsoft takes a larger cut of every game sold then sony or Nintendo. you don't think they make money just because of the console and a few games they publish themselves (unless your nintendo lol) a portion of the money from every game sales goes to the console company the game is for. MS takes a larger portion then Nintendo or sony.

and your right, we keep selling out of halo wars... and then i get people complaining about it at work >.> and our local hastings has a ton of used copies now lol.

well look at ps3 in last place all alone lol..I dont care what any of u say i know way more people that go 360 than ps3.anyways im guessing the ps3 fanboys here r defending since thay only play psu on a sony console(which is terrible now)

WITH taht said im gonna quit posting here before i wanna go and kill ps3 fanboys..

OH and kingdom hearts 3 for the 360 also

kingdom hearts 3 is not a 360 exclusive. and as far as ive heard its still just in the planning stages, they are currently working on the side story games right now.

also for the gears of war aholics, I work at kmart in the electronics department. in the lockup we have and entire case and a half of copies of gears of war 2. thats about 30 copies a case. I am constantly selling out of MGS4 and GTA4 for the ps3, and halo 3 for the 360 also sells out like mad.

now people. this is not a ps3 or 360 bashing thread! its a talk about the next game kojima is releasing.

if you break topic again i will ask the admins or mods to lock the topic.

Dark Phoenix5
May 23, 2009, 12:37 AM
i never said it was an exclusive i just said its going to the 360 as well

jShazBot
May 23, 2009, 02:16 AM

Tooshay.
Or however the hell you spell it...

jShazBot
May 23, 2009, 03:07 AM
I'm not really too savvy with how exactly all of this works...but I've heard that the Xbox 360 actually has a more powerful GPU than PS3's.
And my friend and I have compared many Xbox 360 and PS3 games side-by-side on the same HDTV using HDMI on the highest definition. And we've always seen a much much better picture and performance on the 360 version. Games like GTA4, Condemmend 2, Lost Planet, and RE5 seemed to be ALOT more "Pixely" on the PS3. What I'm trying to say is that the picture on the PS3 versions were definitely blocky and a bit blurry as opposed to their 360 counter-parts and I've actually been noticing this on PS3's I see everywhere no matter what TV it's being played on. :nono:
Lol, now performance wise, GTA4's initial load screen is far longer on the PS3 than it is on the 360. Rockstar even had to add extra pictures to that whole slide show that plays during the first load up and screen AND don't you even HAVE to install it on PS3? Also, I notice a significant framerate drop in the PS3 version of GTA4 when you do something like hit 3 people with a car going at 20mph, it makes the game lag. The 360 version on the other hand runs alot smoother, though if one is so inclined to do so, you can get the 360 version to lag really bad as well.
Same thing applies to the PS3 version of RE5. I noticed, well this was in split-screen though this probably happens in single-player also, that you can actually see the frame rate drop when doing something simple like sending 3 Majini's back after firing at them with a shotgun; while there is virtually no slow down on the Xbox 360 version when doing the exact same thing.
The same pretty much applies to practically every game I have had hands on of both the PS3 and 360 versions. I feel like I'm the only person who has noticed this because PS3 fanboys still insist that the PS3 has far more superior hardware than the Xbox 360 while that is the system that seems to be doing almost everything better. :-?

goldbrease
May 23, 2009, 03:56 AM
last warning, stay on topic!

jShazBot
May 23, 2009, 03:59 AM
last warning, stay on topic!

Hay! IM dah OP! Eye Can Du Wutevar I want! :-o:argh:

You just wanna have it closed cuz right now it has the most attention. >:|

goldbrease
May 23, 2009, 04:23 AM
no its talking about what we think the next mgs game will be, its turning into a ps3 bashing console war. thus its going off the topic.

AC9breaker
May 23, 2009, 08:58 AM
no its talking about what we think the next mgs game will be, its turning into a ps3 bashing console war.
Ironically enough. Thats EXACTLY what the next MGS game will be.

Vitamin_D
May 23, 2009, 11:26 AM

War has changed...

Dark Phoenix5
May 23, 2009, 03:46 PM
I'm not really too savvy with how exactly all of this works...but I've heard that the Xbox 360 actually has a more powerful GPU than PS3's.
And my friend and I have compared many Xbox 360 and PS3 games side-by-side on the same HDTV using HDMI on the highest definition. And we've always seen a much much better picture and performance on the 360 version. Games like GTA4, Condemmend 2, Lost Planet, and RE5 seemed to be ALOT more "Pixely" on the PS3. What I'm trying to say is that the picture on the PS3 versions were definitely blocky and a bit blurry as opposed to their 360 counter-parts and I've actually been noticing this on PS3's I see everywhere no matter what TV it's being played on. :nono:
Lol, now performance wise, GTA4's initial load screen is far longer on the PS3 than it is on the 360. Rockstar even had to add extra pictures to that whole slide show that plays during the first load up and screen AND don't you even HAVE to install it on PS3? Also, I notice a significant framerate drop in the PS3 version of GTA4 when you do something like hit 3 people with a car going at 20mph, it makes the game lag. The 360 version on the other hand runs alot smoother, though if one is so inclined to do so, you can get the 360 version to lag really bad as well.
Same thing applies to the PS3 version of RE5. I noticed, well this was in split-screen though this probably happens in single-player also, that you can actually see the frame rate drop when doing something simple like sending 3 Majini's back after firing at them with a shotgun; while there is virtually no slow down on the Xbox 360 version when doing the exact same thing.
The same pretty much applies to practically every game I have had hands on of both the PS3 and 360 versions. I feel like I'm the only person who has noticed this because PS3 fanboys still insist that the PS3 has far more superior hardware than the Xbox 360 while that is the system that seems to be doing almost everything better. :-?

couldnt have said it better my friend.Thank u for pointing out to the sony boys that thay have nothing superior to 360

goldbrease
May 23, 2009, 06:25 PM

funny, considering famitsu the japanese playstation magazine is release details on the next MGS. so back to topic!

how do we think MGS5 might be held gene therapy for snake to become young again? raiden? maybe a new character?

Kent
May 23, 2009, 06:37 PM
Personally, I'm guessing it'll be further exploits of Big Boss. It's already been mentioned that future Metal Gear Solid game(s) may explore more of the story of Big Boss, as well as the fact that Snake's story is over. I don't think we'll be going much into Snake as he was pre-Shadow Moses, though.

D~ONE
May 25, 2009, 06:10 PM
What another wonderful surprise MGS5 as a PS3 exclusive!

goldbrease
May 26, 2009, 12:01 AM
What another wonderful surprise MGS5 as a PS3 exclusive!

is the famitsu article out already? is that what it says?

joefro
May 26, 2009, 09:05 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/05/bigboss_kp.jpg
So I guess it is MGS5?
via kotaku - http://kotaku.com/5270977/kojima-productions-updates-site-with-big-boss

SubstanceD
May 27, 2009, 03:02 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/05/bigboss_kp.jpg
So I guess it is MGS5?
via kotaku - http://kotaku.com/5270977/kojima-productions-updates-site-with-big-boss

Big Boss?!?

I guess the next MGS game will be another prequel. I can live with that. I much rather play as Big Boss than Raiden. I am a bit ciurious though as to what this game could be about. I thought Kojima had finished telling the Big Boss/Solid Snake story.

AC9breaker
May 27, 2009, 03:09 AM
IM CALLING IT NOW, REMAKE OF ORIGINAL METAL GEAR FOR 360Tr3y

Outrider
May 27, 2009, 09:57 AM
Big Boss?!?

I guess the next MGS game will be another prequel. I can live with that. I much rather play as Big Boss than Raiden. I am a bit ciurious though as to what this game could be about. I thought Kojima had finished telling the Big Boss/Solid Snake story.

Also Raiden?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/05/raiden_famitsu_kp.jpg

Also via Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5270922/first-big-boss-and-then-raiden-with-censored-kojima-interview?skyline=true&s=i

Okay, I know it's redundant to say it at this point, but I totally did not expect this.

Split
May 27, 2009, 04:52 PM
could the P stand for Pliskin? I can't think of any metal gear character names that start with P...Pliskin...Psycho Mantis...Python? and I haven't played 4...

jShazBot
May 27, 2009, 05:02 PM
could the P stand for Pliskin? I can't think of any metal gear character names that start with P...Pliskin...Psycho Mantis...Python? and I haven't played 4...

Wait, but aren't Pliskin and Solid Snake the same person? :-o

goldbrease
May 27, 2009, 05:05 PM
ok wait... big boss? and cyborg raiden?... err ok i guess im going to say mgs4 remake or raiden travels back in time and help big boss? ok now i'm just sounding stupid.

jShazBot
May 27, 2009, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty lost as well. This pic of the supposed Big Boss obviously looks like an older Big Boss after MGS3 and the portable ops games but of course not as old as the first Metal Gear Big Boss. Yet we're also given a picture of what appears to be some battle scared Raiden after MGS4? Yeah, Raiden get's fucked up pretty bad in MGS4 but at the end he get's back with that girl (forgot her name >_<) meets his son, and is given new body parts and isn't in the white cyborg suit thing anymore. I'm so lost...@_@

amtalx
May 27, 2009, 05:17 PM
This is why I don't like teasers. There is never any REAL information to be had. I'd rather have them STFU and wait until they have something substantive than to tickle my balls for a week.

jShazBot
May 27, 2009, 05:46 PM
Your not the only one who doesn't want his/her balls tickled for a week. *sigh*
:(

Split
May 27, 2009, 07:34 PM
This is why I don't like teasers. There is never any REAL information to be had. I'd rather have them STFU and wait until they have something substantive than to tickle my balls for a week.if we're gonna talk about ball tickling, then the pretty much concrete knowledge that another metal gear game is on the way certainly tickles mine...

goldbrease
May 28, 2009, 05:24 AM
so how long till e3 starts?

Dark Phoenix5
May 28, 2009, 12:15 PM
june 1 i think

Kent
May 28, 2009, 08:09 PM
Er... I just noticed this on the site.

Where the Kojima Productions logo is on the teaser site with the stormy field, I noticed that the logo didn't look like... Well, the Kojima Productions logo. It looked like a mask, so I clicked it, and it led here:

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mask/

Does this mean anything to anyone?

jShazBot
May 28, 2009, 08:12 PM

Where the Kojima Productions logo is on the teaser site with the stormy field, I noticed that the logo didn't look like... Well, the Kojima Productions logo. It looked like a mask, so I clicked it, and it led here:

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Wow, creepy as fuck, much?

Split
May 28, 2009, 09:40 PM

Does this mean anything to anyone?What is it? When I click on it I enter my birth date (I'm over 18, promise) and it just immediately tells me an error occurred every time I press submit

Volcompat321
May 28, 2009, 09:54 PM
What is it? When I click on it I enter my birth date (I'm over 18, promise) and it just immediately tells me an error occurred every time I press submit

this-
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/kojima.jpg

Kent
May 28, 2009, 10:21 PM
Side note: The "Raiden" that appears on the Kojima teaser site? That's not Raiden - it's Gray Fox. It's all in the eye color (Raiden's are blue).

So it's probably a prequel that involves Big Boss and Grey Fox somewhat. Possibly taking place in Zanzibar Land.

Second thought: Iroquois Pliskin also had blue eyes, like Big Boss. Yes, I know he was Snake in disguise. Being that Olga Gurlukovitch took on the role of the Ninja in Metal Gear Solid 2, it might be possible that the Raiden-like cyborg we're seeing here is actually Olga. Note the bulletholes in the head - Olga's death in Metal Gear Solid 2 was from a shot to the head by Solidus. It could be that she didn't really die there, and that the new game takes place between Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4.

goldbrease
May 29, 2009, 01:34 AM
this-
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/kojima.jpg

hmm.
kinda feminine looking.
.... theres sorta a shape in the mask in fact it almost looks like a mask on top of a mask.
kojima what are you up to *scratches chin*
is it me or does the the shape on the forehead kinda resemble a fox?

Split
May 30, 2009, 11:56 AM
hmm.
kinda feminine looking.
.... theres sorta a shape in the mask in fact it almost looks like a mask on top of a mask.
kojima what are you up to *scratches chin*
is it me or does the the shape on the forehead kinda resemble a fox?Decoy Octopus? Remember in MGS1 when Raven cuts off his face after he gets killed by FOXDIE? Just a thought...

Neith
May 30, 2009, 12:24 PM
Side note: The "Raiden" that appears on the Kojima teaser site? That's not Raiden - it's Gray Fox. It's all in the eye color (Raiden's are blue).

So it's probably a prequel that involves Big Boss and Grey Fox somewhat. Possibly taking place in Zanzibar Land.

Second thought: Iroquois Pliskin also had blue eyes, like Big Boss. Yes, I know he was Snake in disguise. Being that Olga Gurlukovitch took on the role of the Ninja in Metal Gear Solid 2, it might be possible that the Raiden-like cyborg we're seeing here is actually Olga. Note the bulletholes in the head - Olga's death in Metal Gear Solid 2 was from a shot to the head by Solidus. It could be that she didn't really die there, and that the new game takes place between Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4.

Good call on the possibility of it being Olga Gurlukovich. If those are definitely bullet holes in 'mystery ninjas' head, it could well be her, which would indicate either a) she didn't die in MGS2 or b) that this could be set before MGS2 in the Metal Gear timeline.

Gray Fox is a possibility too; on Kotaku people are even saying it could be Olga's daughter, or Raiden's son though I don't know about that.

Given Olga's role in MGS2 it wouldn't surprise me to see her as the mystery cyborg ninja.

goldbrease
May 30, 2009, 02:53 PM
considering how much punishment it took for the mystery ninja in mgs1 to die its unlikely that she was killed by a bullet to the head.

unless decoy octopus was actually a female i don't think so. man that was one messed up character and you don't even learn about him until way after hes dead too.

Kent
May 30, 2009, 02:55 PM
Good call on the possibility of it being Olga Gurlukovich. If those are definitely bullet holes in 'mystery ninjas' head, it could well be her, which would indicate either a) she didn't die in MGS2 or b) that this could be set before MGS2 in the Metal Gear timeline.
The only problem with that is that Olga didn't have any bullet holes in her head before MGS2 - she only got them after her fateful encounter with Solidus. If it is her as the ninja, it'd have to take place afterward. There's the possibility of some kind of surgery to cover up wounds like that, but it's the kind of thing that's too iconic to have covered up - like Squall's scar, or Shinra's bullet wounds.

Further increasing the possibility of this being the case, is the fact that we know from the events of MGS4 that Solidus' body was recovered, to use as a decoy for Big Boss' body. From this, we can determine that, at the very least, someone went there and retrieved the body - meaning it's entirely possible that Olga's body was also recovered from the scene, and much like Raiden, required operations (at some point) to sustain her life. Thusly, we have the ninja. Of course, it's also possible that it'll actually take place after MGS4... But with the threat of Outer Heaven and Liquid Ocelot and all of them removed, there would have to be some completely new threat or organization that has surfaced, further paving the way for new Metal Gear games, since we know how persistent these kinds of villians can be.

Neith
May 30, 2009, 04:37 PM
The only problem with that is that Olga didn't have any bullet holes in her head before MGS2 - she only got them after her fateful encounter with Solidus. If it is her as the ninja, it'd have to take place afterward. There's the possibility of some kind of surgery to cover up wounds like that, but it's the kind of thing that's too iconic to have covered up - like Squall's scar, or Shinra's bullet wounds.

Further increasing the possibility of this being the case, is the fact that we know from the events of MGS4 that Solidus' body was recovered, to use as a decoy for Big Boss' body. From this, we can determine that, at the very least, someone went there and retrieved the body - meaning it's entirely possible that Olga's body was also recovered from the scene, and much like Raiden, required operations (at some point) to sustain her life. Thusly, we have the ninja. Of course, it's also possible that it'll actually take place after MGS4... But with the threat of Outer Heaven and Liquid Ocelot and all of them removed, there would have to be some completely new threat or organization that has surfaced, further paving the way for new Metal Gear games, since we know how persistent these kinds of villians can be.

The only way I can think of that it's Olga before MGS2 is if those aren't bullet wounds. Unlikely, I know. I think the possibility of it being Olga after MGS2 is a lot more probable, even if she did look pretty dead after the encounter with Solidus. Unfortunately, my PS2 was broken when MGS3 released, and I don't have a PS3 (yet) for MGS4, so I'm not as knowledgeable on the story as I'd like to be.

Of course, it's possible the brown eyes are a mistake and it's meant to be Raiden, but I don't think Kojima Productions would forget about something like that. I really think it's been narrowed down to either Olga post-MGS2 or Gray Fox in Zanzibar-period, which would also explain Big Boss...if it's Big Boss >_> However, Gray Fox's exoskeleton was added after he was recovered..so I really don't know.

I'm just hoping this entire site isn't some huge tease, and the mask site is the real game :lol:

goldbrease
May 31, 2009, 12:44 AM
theres a download for mgs4 that links to the mgs4 save file, its a metal gear dictionary.
I discovered something shocking after reading The Boss's file and oncelot's file, that i do not know if they actually explained this in mgs3 as i never finished it.

do not highlight this if you do not want to be spoiled
it states the boss had a sun, his name is Adam, he was taken from her. oncelot's real name is Adam. it did not directly say but it basically points to oncelot is the boss's son! however i could just be reading to deep into this

jShazBot
May 31, 2009, 10:29 AM
theres a download for mgs4 that links to the mgs4 save file, its a metal gear dictionary.
I discovered something shocking after reading The Boss's file and oncelot's file, that i do not know if they actually explained this in mgs3 as i never finished it.

it states the boss had a sun, his name is Adam, he was taken from her. oncelot's real name is Adam. it did not directly say but it basically points to oncelot is the boss's son! however i could just be reading to deep into this

Actually you do find out in MGS4 that Adam is you know whos son.

Split
May 31, 2009, 12:27 PM

it states the boss had a sun, his name is Adam, he was taken from her. oncelot's real name is Adam. it did not directly say but it basically points to oncelot is the boss's son! however i could just be reading to deep into thisThat was pretty much confirmed in MGS3 if you actually talked to people on your codec. Eva talks about it.

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 10:00 AM
I really hope that it is Raiden. If it's actually Gray Fox (or whoever), then we have two characters who look almost exactly alike, and we already have to deal with the fact that Solid Snake and Big Boss are near-identical. We don't need that again with another character (and Raikov is a throwaway character - he doesn't count.)

I mean, there's no reason to assume that this isn't two products, is there? One set in the "current" era starring Raiden and one set in the past starring Big Boss? I know, I'm sort of ignoring Occam's Razor, but I think it's worth a thought.

Lance813
Jun 1, 2009, 10:32 AM
The mask changed. This time it looks "holy" or somethin' like that. :wacko:

I really have my fingers crossed for a Zanzibar Land MGS.

EDIT: Just found something.

That IS Big Boss. Look at his beret.

"Soldiers without Borders: Beyond the SAS - a Global Network of Brothers-in-arms". Big Boss's cap says "Soldiers without borders". Soldiers without borders is SAS related. Major Zero was SAS. MG1 Remake!

Kent
Jun 1, 2009, 10:43 AM
It's also incredibly sunny now.

...Complete with an 8. Or a B.

amtalx
Jun 1, 2009, 01:54 PM
Drop that bomb! Drop it!

I was watching a streaming feed of the MS conference. MGS: Rising is coming to 360. Commence the bed wetting. Oh yea, and its going to be Raiden.

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 01:55 PM
metal gear solid rising, raiden is back, for 360. hehe. raiden action game for 360 interesting, didn't say only for 360 however. even if the trailer only showed the 360 symbol doesn't mean its only for 360.

amtalx
Jun 1, 2009, 01:59 PM
I didn't say that either. :D I will die of laughter if MS swiped the entire franchise.

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 02:02 PM
possible, but kojima would have announced more then. theres still named snake remember? lol.
plus kojima looked a bit agitated on the stage. but then again he could just have stage fright, lol.

Neith
Jun 1, 2009, 02:24 PM
I'm so happy MGS has finally made it's way to 360 :lol:

One less reason to buy a PS3, I guess- though we'll see what Sony announce tomorrow

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 02:24 PM
No mention of Big Boss though - maybe there are two projects. (Keeping the dream alive!)

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 02:28 PM
by the sound of it since it said lightning fast action or something like that, it wont be a normal metal gear game.

Kent
Jun 1, 2009, 02:31 PM
No mention of Big Boss though - maybe there are two projects. (Keeping the dream alive!)
Wasn't there something about a new Portable Ops in that PSPgo leak?

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 02:49 PM
they mentioned something about that but one never knows with kojima. aka, mgt.....

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 03:00 PM
Wasn't there something about a new Portable Ops in that PSPgo leak?

Well, yes to a new Metal Gear PSP game, but they didn't refer to it as part of the Portable Ops series.

The Japanese leak from last week did mention that Konami would be announcing a new Metal Gear PSP/PS3 game, so maybe the Big Boss game and the Metal Gear game mentioned in the PSPGo! video are one in the same and are somehow cross-platform?

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 03:03 PM
cross platform games are ok in theory but they often lead to being a big pain in the arse.

AC9breaker
Jun 1, 2009, 03:08 PM
I'm expecting this new Raiden game to be something akin to like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi in terms of Gameplay. Needless to say, it's gonna be hella tight.

Neith
Jun 1, 2009, 03:11 PM
I'm expecting this new Raiden game to be something akin to like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi in terms of Gameplay. Needless to say, it's gonna be hella tight.

I just hope that the emphasis remains firmly on Stealth. It wouldn't feel like MGS to me otherwise. Still, despite all the BAAAAWWW over the return of Raiden as a lead character, I quite like it. I loved MGS2, so it doesn't bother me at all.

AC9breaker
Jun 1, 2009, 03:27 PM
Well I guess they could make it like Tenchu then. That would be fucking dope, Kojima doing a Tenchu game. Honestly I'm totally excited since I'm eager to see what new kind of gameplay mechanic he will be implementing. I seriously doubt it will be the same Stealth Action Espionage action we've all been accustomed to.

amtalx
Jun 1, 2009, 03:55 PM
I think people disliked Raiden because he was a huge pussy in MGS2. However, he was a badass in MGS4.

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 04:17 PM
I think people disliked Raiden because he was a huge pussy in MGS2. However, he was a badass in MGS4.

A super-powered badass, even. Don't forget that he uses Gekko as projectiles at one point. That's something I think could make for some very interesting gameplay (though they'll probably just ignore it).

Kent
Jun 1, 2009, 05:02 PM
I really think the dislike of Raiden is really just attribution of pansiness to the character because people really wanted to play as Snake for the whole game, not "someone else." That is, I think people just disliked Raiden because he wasn't Snake - not because there was anything particularly wrong with him.

But they went ahead and found things to dislike about him, in a fit of rage.

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 05:28 PM
well since we know there is a raiden game now, it will probably be action slash and hack most likely. but will it take place before mgs4 or after? thats a big question.

Split
Jun 1, 2009, 08:34 PM
well since we know there is a raiden game now, it will probably be action slash and hack most likely. but will it take place before mgs4 or after? thats a big question.mostly likely before, but after 2

goldbrease
Jun 2, 2009, 12:12 AM
I found something interesting!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/goldbrease/konamispoilers.jpg
http://playstation.joystiq.com/tag/@ps3
hehehe multiplatform msg and a msg psp game!

D~ONE
Jun 2, 2009, 02:33 AM
I found something interesting!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/goldbrease/konamispoilers.jpg
http://playstation.joystiq.com/tag/@ps3
hehehe multiplatform msg and a msg psp game!

Yea I saw that posted on IGN unfortunately I have no real interest in playing as raiden despite his impressive moves during MGS4 because, im pretty sure it will just leave me saying Ninja Gaiden Much ...

SpikeOtacon
Jun 2, 2009, 02:52 AM
I find it humorous that both MGS games that have shown up on the Xbox series have Raiden as the main character.

But i'm still happy to see the series move to the Xbox, and apparently the PC too? Now that's a punch to the face of Sony. :wacko:

SubstanceD
Jun 2, 2009, 02:57 AM
I visited gamespot earlier today and there was an article saying that Metal Gear Solid: Rising will also be appearing on the PS3 and PC so I don't think it is a 360 exclusive. The Metal Gear fanboy in me is excited even though we don't really know anything about this title other than the fact that it stars Raiden, perhaps it would be better to wait untill we have more info.

And Kent, while it is true that I was dissapointed that MGS2 starred Raiden instead of Solid Snake that isn't why I dislike Raiden. I was more than willing to give Raiden a chance, shame I didn't like anything about him, his face, his hair, his costume ( the bottom part of the skull suit looked cool but the top part did not look right ), the voice actor, his dialouge, his personality or Rose. In MGS5 they tried to turn him into a bad ass but once again I did not buy it. He still looked silly and all his supposedly cool moves did not impress me. I had a similar problem with Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, all the cut scenes were just too over the top, I would have been more impressed if they made all the moves look more realistic.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 09:50 AM
would have been more impressed if they made all the moves look more realistic.

If you're looking at Metal Gear for realism, you're kind of playing the wrong series.

If I can just wildly speculate, I think that MGS:Rising will do for the sword + hand-to-hand gameplay what MGS4 did to the gunplay. We'll still see a lot of stealth gameplay, but with a definite action tilt like in MGS4.

My money is on this game dealing with Raiden's lost time when he's captured by the Patriots and given the robot body. The fact that he's got bandages on him and he looks a bit more "beat-up" than in MGS4 makes me think that I might be on the right track with this.

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 12:00 PM
Now that's a punch to the face of Sony. :wacko:

How so? It's not like this is the first time PC has an MGS game as I'm pretty sure MGS solid was ported to PC. Plus it's not like Konami is dedicating the series exclusively to 360. Now that would be a punch in the face. This is more like forgetting to pick up your friend from the airport cause your at a party with some porn stars.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 12:14 PM
Uh, guys - It's coming to the PS3 as well. It's like forgetting to pick up your friend at the airport because you're partying with porn stars, but then you remember and bring him to the party with you.

D~ONE
Jun 2, 2009, 02:50 PM
Wow spike is like the ultimate fanboy it's available to every system L2 videogame ....

Gentlemen
Jun 2, 2009, 03:31 PM
I think the punch in the face to Sony is the fact MGS was originally going to be exclusive to the PS3 but it was eventually bought out much like FFXIII.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 03:54 PM
MGS: Peace Walker looks bizarre.

Split
Jun 2, 2009, 07:21 PM
MGS: Peace Walker looks bizarre.The trailer is hilarious but yeah, it does. I've always wanted a co-op MGS though...

Kent
Jun 2, 2009, 07:25 PM
2snakes1box

Good luck getting that out of your head.

D~ONE
Jun 2, 2009, 10:31 PM
I think the punch in the face to Sony is the fact MGS was originally going to be exclusive to the PS3 but it was eventually bought out much like FFXIII.

Ummm NO!! MGS 4 was the only sony exclusive and to my knowledge it still is MGS has been on xbox before so it being multiplatform shouldnt really ruffle sonys featers. I could see it it was 360 exclusive or something but it's not.

Kent
Jun 2, 2009, 11:39 PM
Ummm NO!! MGS 4 was the only sony exclusive and to my knowledge it still is MGS has been on xbox before so it being multiplatform shouldnt really ruffle sonys featers. I could see it it was 360 exclusive or something but it's not.
Metal Gear Solid appeared on the PlayStation and PC, and Metal Gear Solid 2 appeared on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. 3 and 4 have both appeared only on Sony consoles.

The way that this is a slap in the face to Sony, is the fact that, yes, a lot of people did buy PlayStation 3s in order to play Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid series games. Now, neither of those series are exclusive to any particular platform - being that in this day and age, the real differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are their exclusive games and their non-game features, this is a pretty sizable gutspunch to them.

Of course, standard Sony procedure is to act unphased and still think of yourself as the industry leader, no matter how hard of a serving you may have just gotten.

D~ONE
Jun 3, 2009, 12:39 AM
Metal Gear Solid appeared on the PlayStation and PC, and Metal Gear Solid 2 appeared on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. 3 and 4 have both appeared only on Sony consoles.

The way that this is a slap in the face to Sony, is the fact that, yes, a lot of people did buy PlayStation 3s in order to play Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid series games. Now, neither of those series are exclusive to any particular platform - being that in this day and age, the real differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are their exclusive games and their non-game features, this is a pretty sizable gutspunch to them.

Of course, standard Sony procedure is to act unphased and still think of yourself as the industry leader, no matter how hard of a serving you may have just gotten.

I guess if thats how you guys view it but for the majority of PS3 owners i can speak on their behald as I currently own all 3 like alot of you =D it's not a big deal with FF & Tekken it hurt a little but with MG it's not a big deal maybe if it were a MGS4 port their would be more of a wtf reaction but this is pretty blah across the board on the PS forums.

It's like everyone gets it so big deal pretty much everyone should have come to terms with the fact that outside of first party games dont expect anything really worthwhile to be single platform.

McLaughlin
Jun 3, 2009, 12:52 AM
The point is the PS3 fanboys toted it around as a world-crusher of an IP, and now they can't, so it's a "Whatever."

goldbrease
Jun 3, 2009, 03:56 AM
lol like i care if it mutiplatform, im anoyed that kojima's makeing the mgs4 sequals for the psp.

D~ONE
Jun 3, 2009, 11:20 AM
The point is the PS3 fanboys toted it around as a world-crusher of an IP, and now they can't, so it's a "Whatever."

Well I guess that it was a bigger deal to 360 fans then it was yo PS3 gamers they had the last MG with snake thats all that matters who really cares about Raiden LAWL... honestly I was hoping that the next installment would be anything except a raiden based game...

Sexy_Raine
Jun 3, 2009, 05:56 PM
MGS:Rising also for PC and PS3 (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/991/991057p1.html)

So much for MS bragging about their conference. Enjoy your 5 Discs Xpox :P

Kent
Jun 3, 2009, 06:31 PM
MGS:Rising also for PC and PS3 (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/991/991057p1.html)
Nobody expected it to be exclusive - it was still a show-stopper, just the fact that it's coming to the Xbox. By the way, the B is near the spacebar; you seem to be having trouble finding it.

At the very least though, they didn't have to lie about exclusivity at the Microsoft conference to get a good reaction from the attendees.

McLaughlin
Jun 3, 2009, 07:47 PM
Can you quote me the bit where Microsoft claimed exclusivity? My speakers must've died.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 3, 2009, 08:05 PM
The confusion and debates came from the MS Conference. At a certain point, the speaker says the games announced here will be 360 exclusive.

Of course. Kojima never said it was exclusive, but when he was at the Sony Conference, there was no talk of MGS:R. Konami shouldn't had confused the media like that; it's their fault.

McLaughlin
Jun 3, 2009, 08:15 PM
I fail to see how Sony ignoring a now multiplatform game (while bragging about other multiplatform games?) translates into Microsoft bragging. I guess it was never stated to NOT be exclusive. :/

D~ONE
Jun 4, 2009, 12:05 AM
I fail to see how Sony ignoring a now multiplatform game (while bragging about other multiplatform games?) translates into Microsoft bragging. I guess it was never stated to NOT be exclusive. :/

Exactly you cant miss what you never had

McLaughlin
Jun 4, 2009, 01:56 AM
What?

amtalx
Jun 4, 2009, 09:08 AM
The confusion and debates came from the MS Conference. At a certain point, the speaker says the games announced here will be 360 exclusive.

Nothing like that was ever said. The only thing close was that "10 world premiers of games that have never before been seen". Not exactly claiming exclusivity. Its easier to hear when your head isn't in your ass.

Outrider
Jun 4, 2009, 11:57 AM
I'd have to say the greatest Metal Gear-related shock of the show as Metal Gear Arcade:

http://kotaku.com/5278353/first-image-of-metal-gear-arcade

I mean, it's actually not the first time we've seen a Japanese arcade game of a decidedly non-arcade game (Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike both had arcade games based off of them), but it's definitely a left-field announcement.