PDA

View Full Version : Things you wish they would have kept the same

Sedyne
Feb 17, 2003, 04:23 PM
What do you wish they kept the same in Ep1and2 as they were in ver.2 on dreamcast?

for starters the damned HUmar backstep with double saber animations

2. S Rank ability to make ur tp/hp regen. i think they did that?

3. sranks having a special

4. Endlessnightmare quests

Cloud_01
Feb 17, 2003, 04:44 PM
I wish Sonic Team would have kept the no material limit they had in Ver.2.

It also would have been better if they still had the God untis not as rare. Like they were in DC ver.2. I had every single God unit except for God/Luck

Squall8VIII
Feb 17, 2003, 04:46 PM
I wish they kept the item State/Maintenace. It was the most useful slot item I knew of.

kagero
Feb 17, 2003, 04:53 PM
i wish they wouldve kept hunters being able to use granst and megid, plus it sucks if you die and have all your money on you! You loose it! hehe

Gartywood
Feb 17, 2003, 04:58 PM
Hit Materials!!!!!!!!

TAbRi5
Feb 17, 2003, 04:59 PM
Trap Vision items... they dont work like on DC... to used them on the GC you might have to use 2 to see all traps in one room then when you enter the next room, you would need to exspend another trap vision to see new traps

i dont know if the anit-trick is still in PSO but it was fun casting Grants on my team members (oh and it did raise PB too =P)

and a keyboard thats less than $30 (avalability everywhere)

edit: HIT MATERIALS!!! 9_9;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TAbRi5 on 2003-02-17 14:01 ]</font>

Cloak
Feb 17, 2003, 05:08 PM
It's funny, almost everyone above this post is begging for things that were changed cuz of game balance.

Hit materials - obvious why they took them out.
Mat limit - obvious too.
SRank HP/TP Regen - Probably to balance the race specialties, like it wouldn't be right to give a Human HP/TP Regen, cuz then they'd have Regen AND 250 mats. To fix this, I think they should just let the Regenerate double for different races, like HP for Android, TP for Newman, nothing for Human. XD
Grants/Megid - c'mon, obvious.
State/Maintenance - No comment. ¬_¬
Srank special - They shouldn't have taken it away completely. Shoulda just minus'd the S/D/J/Z.

Meh, for what I hate was changed, is the many, many, bugs dealing with FSOD, corruption, and even character overwriting, and there isn't even a cheat device.

Cloud_01
Feb 17, 2003, 05:10 PM
On 2003-02-17 13:59, TAbRi5 wrote:
Trap Vision items... they dont work like on DC... to used them on the GC you might have to use 2 to see all traps in one room then when you enter the next room, you would need to exspend another trap vision to see new traps

i dont know if the anit-trick is still in PSO but it was fun casting Grants on my team members (oh and it did raise PB too =P)

and a keyboard thats less than $30 (avalability everywhere)

edit: HIT MATERIALS!!! 9_9;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TAbRi5 on 2003-02-17 14:01 ]</font>

I remember being able to cast Grants on team members in Ver.2. that was a pretty awesome glitch.

kagero
Feb 17, 2003, 06:58 PM
as far as the many many bugs and dealing with the fsod, on the dreamcast it was still there...cmon, dont you remember bsod? happened to me and lost everything in my bank and on my person, my mag went down to level 1 it sucked....at least here i just lost on my person what wasnt equipped! as far as the corruption is concerned, that happened on dc too! had that happen once also!

dj_dan
Feb 17, 2003, 08:04 PM
With all the tweaks made, everything is pretty good.
What I wish they hadn't changed, however,
was the Northern Lights effect when fighting the Sil Dragon.

Toyzferall
Feb 17, 2003, 08:08 PM
I know it's for balance and stuff, but the lack of Hit materials is kinda' annoying...

Maelkith
Feb 17, 2003, 08:17 PM
sranks used to be the best weapon you could obtain. they have been gimped out for no reason. cmode was more difficult before. the payoff for obtaining even a b-rank was well worth it. whats the point of it now? i was willing to play it if i could get a sword and mechguns that could be of use to me. now its just a waste of time i could spend leveling up.

hard attacks used to do double damage or more. now the damage is about 190% of normal attack. the variation of hit damage was also less predictable.

weapon percents had meaning in previous versions and good percents were more rare. if you found a weapon with 35 percent in an area it would be really useful. now a 35 percent in anything but hit yields negligable damage . with the way that weapons are now, why even have percents on mechguns or shots?

enemies seem to have a higher hitpoint amount based on how many hunters are attacking. double teaming and synchronous attacking seemed to get better results on version 2. it almost seems as if enemies have 4 hitpoint bars, one for each hunter. pay attention to the next dark bringer being triple teamed and you will see what i mean. i can use my gatlings and deal out 5000 damage in two combos while another person hits him 6 times with a jsword for another 3500, but that sucker still wont drop.

hucasts had ata and atp going for them before. the lack of shifta, deband, jellen, and zalure was enough to offset the ata they once had. taking away the best stat a hucast had was not a balancing but a crippling. if hucast ata was such a big advantage, then why did they change how weapon percents worked? they balance gameplay against the old version, then the balanced the hucast with all the new gameplay changes against the previous hucast. they should have renamed the hucast Harrison Bergeron.

some items should have been left in. state maintainence could have been made uber rare instead of removed. it would have made a really good 12 star rare. hit materials could have been left in as well, they could have made it 1 ata instead of 2.

why did they make a material limit? if they wanted to slow the progress of players, why not make them a red box rare item. if they were rare they could have made them 5 points per stat. they could have tossed the limit idea. what if they were as rare as photon drops? i have obtained only around 80 drops with all my characters. i could potentially play 2000 hours and not max all my many character's stats.

the game balance only seems fair if you are a hunewearl or ramarl. anyone who uses the more specialized character types has to play with some seriously bad handicaps that those characters dont have. look at the stats of those two and then attach s/d/j/z to them. any character that can solo offline in ultimate deathbed at level 100 is just way too strong.

i still love pso, but i have to say that version 2 was better than ep 1 and 2. if version 2 was still highly populated without the pk/noler/rsoders i would be playing it still.

Cloak
Feb 18, 2003, 12:05 AM
enemies seem to have a higher hitpoint amount based on how many hunters are attacking. double teaming and synchronous attacking seemed to get better results on version 2. it almost seems as if enemies have 4 hitpoint bars, one for each hunter. pay attention to the next dark bringer being triple teamed and you will see what i mean. i can use my gatlings and deal out 5000 damage in two combos while another person hits him 6 times with a jsword for another 3500, but that sucker still wont drop.

This would have the be THE worst thing I hate about GCPSO. It's so stupid, IMO. I understand HP going up a little, but it seems to damn near triple or more. If they wanted to do this crap, they should've changed the way EXP is distributed. It's annoying to deal like 97% of the damage to an enemy, just to have someone get the killing hit and get 100% EXP while you get 80%. This goes for bosses as well.

hucasts had ata and atp going for them before. the lack of shifta, deband, jellen, and zalure was enough to offset the ata they once had. taking away the best stat a hucast had was not a balancing but a crippling. if hucast ata was such a big advantage, then why did they change how weapon percents worked? they balance gameplay against the old version, then the balanced the hucast with all the new gameplay changes against the previous hucast. they should have renamed the hucast Harrison Bergeron.

Hm, if you're worried about the HUcasts bad ATA so much, I'm guessing you haven't played one up to a high level? (130+) If not, go find a high level HUcast. They're ATP is just.. @_@, they can make crap weapons WORK, gungnir, etc. I had a HUcast about 10LV above my HUne with a gungnir, doing same or more damage(I can't remember) with a Gungnir, while I used a Red Sword. Plus I've seen a HUcast do over a 1000 damage with a Dragon Slayer. Then there's the 3rd best HP, and really high DFP, meaning he won't die much. My point; HUcasts other stats really make up for the bad ATA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloak on 2003-02-17 21:07 ]</font>

elfin
Feb 18, 2003, 03:09 AM
I cant actually make a single complaint about what they have done to the game since the DC versions... When i played DC.v1 i wrote ST a letter... And i think that in someway, maybe, just maybe they got effected by it... O, and remember, this was about the DC.v1... The things the game were lacking in the DC v1, they have delivered in Episode 1&2... IMO.

This is what i wrote...

Hi!!

Firstly, i want you guys to know that you have managed to create one of the most satisfying and addictive games ever... But in my personal oppinon there are some things that must be fixed...

I have some issues concerning the characters in Phantasy Star Online... The thing is that there so litte diffrence between them... After playing the game over 500 hours, id like to think of my self as an expert in this matter. The overall best character in the game is the HUmar... Its sad because the hole concept of the game is to become as powerful as possible. And lets face it, no other character can match the HUmar, as i said, the diffrences are small, but non the less, he is THE best... Why??? Simple... He has the best ATP (along with the HUcast and the HUnewearl)and a respectable MST... But the HUcast does not have any MST and the HUnewearl has a slightly lower ATA... The other classes (Rangers and Forces) are so far behind that sometimes i just think its so utterly ridiculous... Especially the force class. I have a FOnewm, level 100, i really like him and he is my favorite character, but thats because i have built up personality around him. But if you compare the HUmar and the FOnewm in fighting capabilitys, then it becomes the laughing stock of the day... Im curious... Are there some kind of well thought out plan behind all this??? Or did you guys just decide that the Force class would be the inferior one???

As you start the game and your just about to create your first character, you get the idea that all the classes has its specific characteristics and abilites. But several hours later u figure that not even the highest level spell discs are any problem for any other character then those with no MST at all... This is so frustrating... As a Force, the spells should suffice to eliminate monster just as fast as a hunters or rangers with a spreader, do you not agree?? And even more frustrating is the fact that a force doesnt do considerably more damage with a spell than a hunter or a ranger with the same disc level!!

Please take this in consideration before you realese Phantasy Star Online 2

Thanks.

P.S. Please, PLEASE try to fix the problem with dupers and those with Gamesharks and Xploders.... This is, by far the most annoying thing ever!!! D.S.

We players want to be able to be different!!

Maelkith
Feb 18, 2003, 05:46 AM
i havent updated my character on my page but he is 148. i have alot of weapons with hit percents to make up for the lack of ata. the point i am trying to make is a hucast online without a force or someone else casting s/d/j/z is totally useless. my hucast is a killing machine with his usual companion- a level 155 fonewearl. alone offline he is lacking. online alone he is near useless. caves and forest he is fine but he cant handle mines or ruins alone. a hunewearl at his level can walk through ultimate. look at cmode. hucasts were the best character for cmode, now they are almost as bad as racasts. all that atp is good for nothing if he misses 1 swing per combo.

as far as a hucast being more powerful than a hune that is 10 levels lower, thats a given. 10 levels is 50 atp. depending on the respective levels, a hucast could have 200+ more atp than a hunewearl. as far as atp goes, my fomar can deal more damage with gatlings than my hucast who is 22 levels higher. the stats do not give a complete picture. alone with shifta a hunewearl can almost match the atp of the hucast, and she can still enhance that advantage with j/z. also, the dfp that a hucast has is great with a force, but it cant keep a hucast alive long alone. my hucast has 1484 hitpoints, but without s/d/j/z an arlan can kill him in 3 hits.

all i really wanted was for them to leave the ata stat alone. the hucasts max ata was lower before. but it could be attained with hit mats. sonic team raised the maximum to a higher level, but started them much lower. then they removed the hit materials making that change moot. they increased the percents on weapons, but i have yet to see any hit percents higher than 50. the ability units used to add ata along with the other stats, but now they add almost nothing.

on a sidenote, were they expecting us all to cheat and mod srank weapons to 180%? it seems like they knew that would eventually happen and decided to modify the game. to prevent sranks with 180% from being useful, they decided to gimp them out and make percents useless. rather than configure the server to insta-ban users with modded items, they changed the gamplay to defeat modified weapons. however, they also have created a system to suspend your license if you have an illegal item (a la the srank U.S. server fiasco) on top of the gameplay "balancing".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maelkith on 2003-02-18 04:23 ]</font>

Elixer
Feb 18, 2003, 07:03 AM
there is many things.

mop up quests
ttf quest
endless nightmare quests
hit mats
mat limit
reverser (i know this one isnt big deal but you have to give up and extra slot in your invetory just for some moon's

and the power of the srnaks and there special back- the srank did used to be the most powerful wepaons in the game but since they have greatly decreased there power and now have no special there in a way not worth it

Cloak
Feb 18, 2003, 08:51 AM
Well I was talking about online play, mostly. Because normally people play PSO online, with other people, (usually someone who can at least cast S/D or J/Z or usually all 4). You're the first person I've seen to complain about HUcast disadvantage. I think the ATA lowering was a good thing, or else it'd be really unbalanced having tons of HP, ATP, DFP, ATA. Would also make HUcaseal more useless than she already is.

And for c-mode, HUcast isn't really that bad. I don't even think anyone has really definitely chose a BEST c-mode class yet, like how HUcast was on v2. No one has because it's a tie between HUcast and HUcaseal. If you ever watch/play with a HUcast in the later c-modes, you'll see all the extra damage makes up for the so-so ATA. And ha, if you think his ATA is really THAT bad in c-mode, try a HUne. O_O;

Celes152
Feb 18, 2003, 12:09 PM
I think for the material thing, you should be allowed to use a limit for each mat, depending on how much your class will be missing at 200. Like, FOmar is missing 100 Evade at 200, so he should be able to eat 50 Evade mat. Whereas he's missing some 200 ATP, well 100 some Power mat then.

Vantamiath
Feb 18, 2003, 01:10 PM
How bout everyone with keyboards?

Gartywood
Feb 18, 2003, 11:42 PM
well they could have kept hit mats and made them only increase ata by one and made them count toward the total like any other mat

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 19, 2003, 12:08 AM
I really only miss my ability to have and use s-rank needle with HUnewearl. I can live without it, though, and live with the new changes we all hate.

Para
Feb 19, 2003, 12:24 AM
OOOOO!!! speakin off topic.... how did a s-rank needle look in pso v2??? i was wondering what weapon my friend used in pso v2...

sinceim playing v2 atm.. i can see a few things... hit materials??? well... i already maxed out my ATA so hit materials are useless to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; i didnt find them like items that would throw the game out of balance...

material limit yeah i guess so hehe but findin mats takes awhile and if you are willing to spend alot of them finding all of them... good luck hehe

state/maintenance.. how much i love it... expecially vs lilies and sil dragon ;( cold is so cheap... and paralyze just annoys the hell out of you... but then androids would feel more useless...

Balorn
Feb 19, 2003, 01:38 AM
I can tolerate the lack of State/Maintanance... but the lack of Trap/Search is REALLY annoying. OK, it eliminates one of the android's advantages... but making it much more rare would have worked as well, IMO.

See, most status changes either are temporary annoyances, avoidable if you're careful, or are from traps. On the other hand, getting caught in a Confuse trap in the middle of a nasty room in the Ruins and dying to a Chaos Bringer and a Dimean horde just because you forgot to use a Trap Vision in that room is most definitely NOT fun.