PDA

View Full Version : Protranser

stinkyfish97
May 20, 2009, 01:36 PM
Just a shout out to the dedicated few who still keep this class live.

Male Human PT FTW!!!!!:D

SabZero
May 20, 2009, 02:19 PM
Female Human PT reporting for duty.

Edit: my main anyway ;)

Gibdozer
May 20, 2009, 03:33 PM
One of my very favorite jobs to play, male cast, I love trappin!

GeekRuler
May 20, 2009, 03:34 PM
Female Human Protanser. Rocking it since 2007.
I remember starting a thread prior to Ambitions about the coming of Protranser Power because they were finally receiving decent stats.
Protransers have come so far :D

IsoDonk
May 21, 2009, 03:07 AM
Male Cast here. I have a picture somewhere of when I finally hit Class Level 10 way before the expansion hit - I was overjoyed to finally have 400ATP.

Oh how times have changed.

Rayokarna
May 21, 2009, 03:27 AM
CAST M/PT since V1. I have 2 CAST M/PT now.

Sinue_v2
May 21, 2009, 05:49 AM
I just capped PT last night and am working on getting WT/FT to 10 so I can switch to MF.

Halcyote
May 21, 2009, 07:06 AM
Female CAST PT here. :3

Exolithus
May 21, 2009, 09:32 AM
female cast pt since i play this game =)

Jungle
May 21, 2009, 11:14 AM
Guess Im The First Male Beast Thats Proud To Say It!! I LOVE PROTRANSER!!

Zipzo
May 21, 2009, 11:51 AM
What's so fun about dropping something in a pack of enemies and then running around in circles for 30 seconds..?

SabZero
May 21, 2009, 12:00 PM
What's so fun about dropping something in a pack of enemies and then running around in circles for 30 seconds..?

More like 5 seconds. And it's that knowing you're making is *so* much easier for your collegues to kill it all.

Annoying enemy that does alot of damage to FMs? Freeze Ex. You're welcome. :bday:

Freshellent
May 21, 2009, 01:01 PM
EX traps tick for 8 seconds actually.

Gibdozer
May 21, 2009, 01:23 PM

Guess what that guy who just saved your ass, click your stick he's a Protranser!

Zipzo
May 21, 2009, 01:36 PM
I guess I just lose count of how long they stand around doing nothing but laughing at how awesome their traps are.

Rayokarna
May 21, 2009, 02:57 PM
I guess I just lose count of how long they stand around doing nothing but laughing at how awesome their traps are.

Traps are awesome?

Yes.

Overpowered?

Maybe.

I tend to use G Traps more than EX, keeps me in the action a lot longer. I use EX traps more for the personal safety of the techer in the party than for the Hunters benifit.

Warlock01
May 21, 2009, 03:46 PM
EX TRAPS!

s rank swords
s rank knuckles
s rank spears
s rank axes
s rank single sabers
s rank long bows
s rank shotguns
s rank laser cannons
s rank grenade launcher
s rank single pistols

bullets to level 40
skills to level 30

sheer brilliant class when you have very decent element / grinded weapons and high level pa's.
<

sikotic_demon
May 21, 2009, 05:00 PM
I been a Male Human Protranser from shortly after Firebreak. Still rockin it today...
I now have a Female Beast Protranser as well... She was created durning the winter event this year.

Triple_S
May 21, 2009, 05:07 PM
Female Beast Protranser as my sub-main... although I don't play as her much.

Was focusing on leveling FAILcast so much I forgot to get some levels in for her.

Ah well, next event then.

pinkace
May 21, 2009, 05:39 PM
Once my human maxes out figunner, its protranser time :)

Gibdozer
May 21, 2009, 07:32 PM

It's deceptive that way, since you haven't played PT you probably don't realize that if you switch to a weapon your trap effect is canceled. That's why it often looks as if Protransers are standing around patting themselves on the back during an EX flash.

Sorry for the confusion, and your welcome for taking the hit in PA leveling.

Halcyote
May 21, 2009, 07:39 PM
It's deceptive that way, since you haven't played PT you probably don't realize that if you switch to a weapon your trap effect is canceled. That's why it often looks as if Protransers are standing around patting themselves on the back during an EX flash.

Sorry for the confusion, and your welcome for taking the hit in PA leveling.
This.

Believe me, I want to lay an EX trap and go back to the action, but in order for me to get the desired effect, I have to stand still for a few seconds. Not like it's slowing anyone else down because the baddies are still dying and I probably saved you a couple of heals.

Probably.

panzer_unit
May 21, 2009, 08:32 PM

... that and the PT might as well ham it up during the EX flash. Nothing better to do, except maybe switch to a weapon halfway into the freeze trap and remind everyone what those enemies are like without someone holding 'em down :lol:

Zipzo
May 21, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'm only being facetious, I <3 PT's :)

Transgamergurl
May 22, 2009, 10:56 AM
Its my favorite class. I leveled mine up during Bruce B runs. Nothing more painful than leveling a underdog class during that. In my opinion, its the best class in the game. I hated seeing all those speed C trap spammers during the MAG's but now that those people have fizzled away it feels good to not see many anymore. I love everyone that takes this class and sticks with it. Plus it is nice to see someone take the time to try it out, as long as they have more than just EX traps on their pallette.

tjanuranus
May 22, 2009, 07:24 PM
hit level 20 protranser at level 88! been running things ever since!

Exolithus
May 23, 2009, 05:27 AM
shouldnt be a problem with this event..., but cg

Seere LaBeyken
May 26, 2009, 11:25 AM
African American Human Protranser

Konjiki-Kitsune
May 26, 2009, 11:42 AM
Used to have a female cast PT but switched her to Gunner. I just made a Male Human PT not to long ago because I missed the class so much. :-D

PROTRANSER POWER! :D

unicorn
May 26, 2009, 03:16 PM
I used to be a Protranser before it became cool. Back in the day, everyone shunned it for having VERY weak stats and no A-ranks. Back then it was all about the bullet and PA levels. Without them being past 21, you would indeed have a hard time playing this type. And I made it work!

Nowadays it has good stats, all S-ranks, and exclusive traps. I might pick this class up again. D:

Zivilyn Bane
Jun 10, 2009, 01:08 PM
I know its two years late, but so be it, I didn't discover the site until about a week ago. One of the things I love best about my Protranser 33/2 ( 360 / Max.1x11 - Male Cast ) is the classic PSO feel. No TECH discs, ability to see traps, decent range of equipment, laying traps and generally destroying SEED.

I've found the ability to hit lv.30 PAs on melee is incredibly beneficial. Using the Spear Dus Robado for a quick burst of crowd control leaves me enough time to throw down a damage or freeze trap if I get surrounded, and then I can put enough distance to start pegging with a bow.

I do also miss Twin Handgun weapons of my Ranger days, but the upgrade to melee weapons more than makes up for it.

I had actually posted this on panzer_unit's PT guide yesterday before spotting this thread. Figure it fits better here.

I'm also glad to see that there are still some PT's recently active.

shadedragon94
Jun 10, 2009, 05:49 PM
male human pt named dark angel!!!