PDA

View Full Version : PT vs Single Target

Exolithus
May 22, 2009, 08:05 AM
Wich weapon und Skill do you use to kill big enemies with one hitspot?

i know

Sword: Gravitiy Break
Saber: Spinning Strike
Axt: Anga Redda (but it's slow)

someone else knows good ways to kill big guys like scorcer or Jarbas

i'm try to getting one skill for each situation, Anga Jabroga for stupid dmg on a group of enemies, Gravity Break for single targets, Gravity Strike for fighting if i'm in the middel of an enemie mob.

you guys know a better setup?

Arada
May 22, 2009, 08:23 AM
Knuckles are doing great in those situations. Bogga Robado (exchange for PA frags) is the PA that's the best in my opinion.

mvffin
May 22, 2009, 08:54 AM
You're probably better off with a shotgun against sorcerors and jarba. Why must you insist on using melee against them? Shotguns on PT will outdamage melee in many general situations, and will do MUCH better against melee resistant enemies, such as sorcerors and jarba.

0.o

Exolithus
May 22, 2009, 09:11 AM
because i have only one good shotgun atm and i dont watn to shot all PP for one enemie.

i cant imagine that a shotgun deals more dmg to an enemie than a full combo of and skill...but i will test it

btw i'm using the shotgun for support with Barada Maga

XlX TANK XlX
May 22, 2009, 10:20 AM
Attack means almost nothing on a shotgun. And besides you can pull off 4-5 shots with a shotgun by the time you use a full combo of a melee weapon. For example, level 30 shotgun bullets, on my 150/20 PT F Cast, with an agtaride and the 1* Yohmei shotgun will do about 600 damage per bullet. That's 3000 per shot and 12000-15000 for 4-5 shots. My 5/5 Pakuda does about 650 per bullet. And in my opinion Barade Maga is useless. It's my only shotgun bullet thats not a 50.

Transgamergurl
May 22, 2009, 10:46 AM
Yes shotgun gun seems to be a good choice. But for a jarba i like to use my skela's. Robado is a good choice. It allows you to move a little easier behind it. Don't forgot Zubba it deals some good damage. Best advice i say try some out and see what fits your play style. There isn't any one right answer.

Exolithus
May 22, 2009, 11:09 AM
It's my only shotgun bullet thats not a 50.

so you use every element for the shotguns?

one gun and switching elements?

What about Shigga Barec? a friend of my has found it and doesnt need it, would it be a good deal to use it? dont think so >.<

And what Weapon pallet do you use and wich PA's?

Gibdozer
May 22, 2009, 12:30 PM
You should certainly have some knuckles with PT, every knuckle skill but Ikk hik is useful. Do not underestimate the shotgun, when leveled it can decimate large enemies (assuming your at point blank range).

Since no one else said it I suppose I have to be it, no Protranser is complete without Dus Majarra and an assortment of spears. Even though it's geared towards multiple enemies/hit boxes it will still out damage swords on single box foes, and it makes you harder to hit!

XlX TANK XlX
May 22, 2009, 01:21 PM
so you use every element for the shotguns?

one gun and switching elements?

What about Shigga Barec? a friend of my has found it and doesnt need it, would it be a good deal to use it? dont think so >.<

And what Weapon pallet do you use and wich PA's?

I use 2 shotguns on my palette. A 5/5 Pakuda and an 8/8 Barec. And a Barec is definately a good choice to use by the way. My PT palette usually looks like this:

Axe/Jabroga
Shotgun/Appropriate element
Spear/Majarra
Spear/Majarra or Daggas
Shotgun/Appropriate element
Laser/Appropriate element

Hope this helps you out.

Freshellent
May 22, 2009, 01:28 PM
If it's melee single target your better off using Majarra/Daggas. Leaning more towards Daggas because it has faster recovery and less likely to miss ( Not zeros, but to overshoot your target, or miss a hitbox, believe it or not) Gravity Break doesn't work that well for PTs, they don't have the power to make it worthwhile. Single Sabers make me go "Eh." for PTs too, I wouldn't bother myself.

If your using a gun, Shotgun is your best bet. But if you can, infect/burn the target first with a bow. A capped bullet only takes a shot or too, works out quite nicely.

Dragwind
May 22, 2009, 01:29 PM
I would definitely say shotgun for almost every enemy. For the enemies that are bullet resistant, use only the first hit of bogga robado.

Warlock01
May 22, 2009, 04:28 PM
pakuda's are selling broken x/9 for under 4mill.
0/10 for 5 mill.

iprefer them over a barec.

Gibdozer
May 22, 2009, 05:20 PM
Pakuda's bullet gives me a headache, and Barec is to small for my character. I've found the Desta/Destac to be a nice alternative, its a solid shotty and it looks sweet, also reasonably high grinds can be had for the price of a 0/x Pakuda. Unless of course the Pakuda/Pakudac does it for you then its probably the way to go.

biggabertha
May 22, 2009, 06:22 PM
Rising Strike would be my choice here against Sorcerer types and Jarbas. It keeps you safe, deals a good deal of damage and it also allows you to shoot with your Handgun.

Bogga Robado, Bogga Zubba and Dus Daggas are pretty good alternatives. I wouldn't recommend Spinning Strike htough - that move takes just waaay too long to hit with all four hits.

Having a full spread of Shotgun elemental bullets helps out a lot - it's quite possibly the best DPS weapon a Protranser has to a single target.

Libram
May 22, 2009, 06:30 PM
Spinning Strike works extremely well against Jarbas. You have enough movement that you can stay behind them at all times, and the trip and blowback parts guarantee you'll keep the Jarba from punching and jumping back like they do when they try to circle someone too much.

Freshellent
May 24, 2009, 06:06 AM
^ Once you get going yeah, I can totally see that. That start up always makes me yawn though, just takes to damn long. If you can get it out though, you should be in business.

Maelstrom 180
May 24, 2009, 11:06 AM
my budget protrancer steup works pretty well, i usually use the following for overall use as a PT. And this doesnt mean i always use cheap weapons, im making it easier so the OP doesnt feel like im trying to get them to spend stacks...Anyway...My choices are based on the fact that protrancer has no natural pp regen or save bonuses.

I find a good choice with protrancers to be this overall:

Knuckles: as said before great weapons, high power, great pas and 2 of the 4 are fast, as for the hardware of the knuckles element, any of these 4, Gudda Skella(or hon if beast) Gudda Promoto, Drill Knuckles, or Grentackle, i like the grentackle and promoto cause of high pp and decent damage, and the drill cause of the confusion status. As for software, if you are fighting somthing slow or in the center of a group of slow things (like badiras) ikk hikk could be...okay...well...not really, but i am biast...Id go with Bogga Robado for group hitting, or the under-rated bogga danga, its fast, hits hard, and is affordible and easy to level, additionally number of hits and the movement speed allow you to out manuvber your enemies in many cases as well as charging your SUV or nanoblast. For overall, id recomend the grentackles with a good grind and % which you can make yourself and use bogga danga.

Sword: Well the popular sword, i recomend here a svaltus sword honestly, its sorta a wishy washy topic as its not all that strong but it has incredible pp, and right now can be cheap to make, anyway if not that i suppose a Riban, a Kan yu, or if you can, a slayer, try to focus on that pp, and for moves, gravity is a bit slow, damage does well but i prefer the all wholesome goodness of Tornado Break, good old fassioned zelda style spinning attack, great against mobs and fairly quick to boot, though for raw speed and some power i guess you can use spinning break, im not really a fan though...

Spears: A fun topic, pick up a Mugunburga while theyre cheap, maybe in the 20%+ range, or if you want somthing different, grab a mukpromoto, of muktrand with about 30%+ or even a Mugunruk or gekitsnata, the gekit lacks power but you can use it all night and day, also a gatrinata or muktrand can be grinded pretty easy so they are good overall choices for weapons. As for skills, Dus daggas can be sorta usefull (though its slow leveling speed and awkwardness can be frustrating) i prefer Dus Robado for being surrounded and majjara for attacking single enemies or into a mob.

Axes: Long story short, a bil de axe is okay but i dont recoment, id instead go with a Okanoh, it isnt as strong or as much pp but you have more accuracy and still decent stats, course i dislike the bil de axe, go with what you like, and as for the move rundown. Theres the ever popular Anga Jabroga, i dont like the axe pounce much but it has great overall strength, so use at your disgression, for speed and semi okay damage, the overlooked anga dugrega can be good, its fast, and has a decent range while being able to hit multiple times, criticaling can be a chore sometimes though, so id side with Anga Redda as its moderate speed and high damage are what axes are all about. Evern if redda doesnt let you move much...

Sabers, id grab a blackheart, or an apocalypse, of if you want to budget some, make a high percent buccaneer or kusanagira and grind it up some. As for skills, go for the noob approach, gravity hits a lot but can be awkward and leave you locked in the move for a few seconds and spinning strike is sorta...slow at times. so rising strike's high power and constant knock up and knock back can keep you safe and get you out of the combo fast to switch to somthing else stronger, in fact, a fast first part of rising strike followed by somthi8ng bigger like gravity break or anga redda would work well if you have the weapons next to one another on your pallet, course axes have knock down anyway with X...Moving on

Bows: Go cheap! i suggest the Hirokteri or plasma bow or ulteri, its a choice for long range mostly, but its decent, toss some grinds on it and you will be okay, as for moves, pick 2 elements, dont jump to conclusions people, take 2 opposing elements, such as fire and ice (id take ground and lightning really) so you can use the bow at all times, if a ground or lightning enemy pops up a lot use weakness, otherwise being able to shock or silence from far away or burn or freeze can save you some headaches. Either way use the bow for airborne or distance combat.

Shotgun: Grab the shotgun of your choice of one of the brellas with some grinds, its all you need, again, grab 2 opposing elements, possibly ice and fire here as being able to freeze mobs or burn them can help, and on a single target you can increase chances of doing either of those.

Laser Cannon: Meteor cannon is good as most other lasers are pricey, anyway its a decent weapon cause at 21 it has a 40% element, grab light and dark here cause in many cases light enemies (like rappy polecs) or dark enemies (deljabans, belpannons) bunch up when attacking you, and it never hurts foir infect damage or making them all fight eachoither for you.

Grenade Launcher: can be awkward and the pp cost on grenade skills can be high, i love them but dont recomend them for protrancers, but if youre gonna use them i said pair them with fire and ice bullets and use on squads, a bazga can be affordible and has decenyt stats but i prefer my song for death as its high pp and attack serve me well, dispite the rainbows, the weapon itself isnt bad looking.

Handgun: aaaah...generally ignored, good pp but low stats and PAs are the downfall here, usually used as a last resort, id recomend grabbing a good grinded varista for the ammo cause it is a reserve weapon, lets make it last! Anyway slap any elemental bullet on it or if youre daring or desparate, toss maylee hit on it for some good old hp stealing. If you want power go buy a biso board, make a few B'duki maganacs and grind baby grind.

As for armor, grab a rabol vijiri or rabol lumirus, or green green line, or if you want to use swords and feel brave with out a body slot, go for a De ragan slayer and a De ragan line, as for units, for body i say resists, maybe a cati rainbow or orpad guard, extra depends on if beast/human/newman or cast, if a fleshy, an aura of choice or other extra unit, if cast, well...duh...and for arm, go for the cati power! or maybe a solid power S but i just cant justify losing 80 accuracy for 25 more power...or you can take the high road and round up a Tero all save for your Protrancer, and as for a head slot, any mental raising works gpod if you have one, if not, dont worry about it, one less item cluttering up your inventory.

In aftermath of what ive said here i say go with: Knuckles, Spear and Axw/Sword(not both) and then grab your Shotgun, your bow, and your laser cannon/grenade/saberhandgun combo(again no need for lasers and grenades, lasers are easier to use)

Hrith
May 25, 2009, 03:31 AM
Shotgun is much more powerful than melee, but if the monster resist bullets, and has only one hitbox (Dilnazen, Bil de Vear...), use Bogga Robado (first part only, over and over), it'll be by far your best DPS against one target which resists bullets.

Exolithus
May 25, 2009, 08:26 AM
thx Maelstrom this was something i need =)

atm i'm using:
(Shotgun) Shigga Barec - Barada Megiga + Barada Yoga
(Axe) Ank Dedda (dark)- Anga Jabroga
(Bow) Hirokteri - Ensei-sou
(Laser) Neddle Cannoc - Rising Prism
(Knuckles) Gudda Skela - Bogga Danga + Bogga Robado