PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a new game.

Volcompat321
May 23, 2009, 08:00 PM
I'm gonna buy a new game. I want an RPG, or a good, interesting game that would take me time to beat. This is a game for the XBOX360. Help me find this game.
I would prefer it be co-op if there is such a game.

Dhylec
May 23, 2009, 08:21 PM
I heard Star Ocean for Xbox is nice. I has many positive reviews & remarks.

3---Hit---U
May 23, 2009, 09:37 PM
I was playing Resident Evil 5 at my friend's house.

Pretty sweet game, but I can't get it because I want a Dunlop Crybaby for my guitar more :P

Firocket1690
May 23, 2009, 09:38 PM
I heard good things about Braid.

.. and dhylec speaks in sentences!?

Randomness
May 23, 2009, 10:20 PM
Tales of Vesperia took me around 50 hours for my first playthrough. My second, thorough playthrough is over 100 hours now.

Plot-wise, its somewhat predictable and cliched, but Tales has fun combat.

jShazBot
May 23, 2009, 10:50 PM
Uhh...Halo 3?
>:| PSU?

Nitro Vordex
May 23, 2009, 11:09 PM
RPG's on Xbox360...

:lol:

beatrixkiddo
May 23, 2009, 11:12 PM
Oblivion is a good western-style RPG, if that's your bag. It's all sandbox-y too if you don't like linear games.

Star Ocean 4 is a good JRPG on the 360, and I've heard good things about Tales of Vesperia.

Nitro being off-topic outside of FKL as usual...

Nitro Vordex
May 23, 2009, 11:33 PM
Oblivion is a good western-style RPG, if that's your bag. It's all sandbox-y too if you don't like linear games.

Star Ocean 4 is a good JRPG on the 360, and I've heard good things about Tales of Vesperia.

Nitro being off-topic outside of FKL as usual...

Oh you clever thing you.

I actually have Oblivion, unfortunately, it's useless to this topic, considering he wanted multiplayer or co-op games.

That's why I was laughing. As far as I know, there really isn't a market for online RPG's on Xbox. I know there's an FF game there somewhere, otherwise, I don't really know.

Play Rock Band, you roleplay as a rockstar. :wacko:

joefro
May 23, 2009, 11:53 PM
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, RPG, co-op
Resident Evil 5, 3rd Person Shooter, co-op
Unreal Tournament 3, FPS, co-op, cheap

Those are surprisingly the only three that come to my mind, atm.

Zarode
May 24, 2009, 12:02 AM
Rent Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 or buy it for cheap. Worth about forty bones or less. Co-op, interesting gameplay for a Dynasty Warrior.

Sacred 2 has a ton of glitches when playing co-op, including character corruption. I'd wait a bit for that one, like a patch and a price drop. It's gonna happen at this rate...

jShazBot
May 24, 2009, 01:12 AM
UMMMM
Phantasy freakin' Star Universe?!?!?!
What web site is this again?!

Volcompat321
May 24, 2009, 01:18 AM
I have psu for the 360 already. I play online pc though. I wouldn't subscribe to the 360 every again.
I didn't want only suggestions on co-op, just a good game, co-op if possible.
I will look into all the suggestions I haven't played/own already.
(RE5, Halo 3)
Thanks everyone :D

jShazBot
May 24, 2009, 01:57 AM
Yo Volcompat send me a friend request. You know my tag...it's kinda in my sig..

goldbrease
May 24, 2009, 02:47 AM
I don't remember the name of it, but i know there was a sorta diablo style rpg made for the 360 were you faught machines instead of demons. it was signle player or co-op if i remember right.

Unit D79
May 24, 2009, 02:54 AM
try dead rising, should be pretty cheap right now. basically zombies in a mall with a rather good story line. i second dw: gundam 2 and SO4. the only bad thing with so4 is the amount of cut scenes. sometimes i thought the game had frozen when its only my controller turning off from the long cutscenes.

Nitro Vordex
May 24, 2009, 04:03 AM
UMMMM
Phantasy freakin' Star Universe?!?!?!
He said he wanted a good game.

What web site is this again?!
PSO-W.

joefro
May 24, 2009, 04:17 AM
^ How right you are.

Try the Red Faction: Guerrilla demos. The multiplayer demo is very good, the game comes out on June 2nd.

goldbrease
May 24, 2009, 05:21 AM
ow i think i remember the name now, beyhond human or more then human or something like that.

AC9breaker
May 24, 2009, 07:05 AM
ow i think i remember the name now, beyhond human or more then human or something like that.

Too Human but that game is shit.

FFXI is also shit but it's definitely long and hard. (that's what she said)

The Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are pretty shitty as well but are a blast to play with friends.

There's also Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom which is also quite shitty but looks nice at the very least and is fun at first until the shittyness starts to set in.

Lost Odyssey is a pretty long RPG but it's definitely without a doubt shit. Although you might be fooled by the majority of people who have played it otherwise. Also, singleplayer.

You're best bet RPG wise would most likely be Tales of Vesperia. It seems to be the only fun JRPG for the xbizzle which seems to be the type you want.

Otherwise I would recommend brOblivion and it's sequel Fallout 3.

Really, if you want a good multi-player RPG your best bet is to wait for Diablo 3 or Demon's Soul for the PS3.

Pwincess
May 24, 2009, 10:44 AM
Instead of getting a new game, you can download and get 5 XBL arcade games. ^^
Think: Peggle, Crystal defenders, Scrabble... Those are a few of my favorites. <3
And if you get a game you can play online xbla... then it'll last you for quite a while (PEGGLE!!!!!!)
Just think about it ;)

Vitamin_D
May 24, 2009, 11:30 AM
Tales of Vesperia. It's good, it's interesting, and it takes quite a while to beat. It's also multiplayer.

Sayara
May 24, 2009, 11:57 AM
I can vouche for Marvel ult. alliance. Thats a pretty fun game with no needed knowledge of Marvel to enjoy.

Rubius-sama
May 24, 2009, 12:37 PM
I've got a sealed copy of Blue Dragon that I've been meaning to play. I liked the demo so I bought the game, but haven't had time to get to it. The game is less than $20 new now so maybe you can pick it up if you like the demo. It's totally underrated imo.

Nitro Vordex
May 24, 2009, 12:57 PM
I'd heard that Blue Dragon wasn't that great. Then again, I've never played it myself.

It looked awfully Dragon Quest/DBZ artsy.

Sayara
May 24, 2009, 01:34 PM
Wasnt it by the same artist?

beatrixkiddo
May 24, 2009, 01:36 PM
Wasnt it by the same artist?

Indeed.

Nitro Vordex
May 24, 2009, 02:20 PM
That thought came to me after I posted. ^^;

Volcompat321
May 24, 2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks everyone :D
I actually bought a few games. (had a lot of tax money left over)
Tales of Vesperia (quite a few people said this was good)
Dead Rising
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Most of these games were fairly cheap, so I got the ones that looked decent (looked videos up on youtube)
My gamertag is Paterike ACE if anyone wants to add me :D
My ps3 tag is Volcompat321

autumn
May 24, 2009, 03:56 PM
Fable 2 and Dead Rising are a lot of fun, my friends have a 360 so I got to play some of them :D

beatrixkiddo
May 24, 2009, 04:33 PM
i personally enjoyed oblivion more than fable 2. oblivion improved a lot more on its precessor (Morrowwind) than fable 2 improved on fable 1. i would love a remake of morrowwind with all the pesky bugs ironed out and oblivion-quality graphics, though.

Nitro Vordex
May 24, 2009, 05:24 PM
Oblivion is pretty fun, I'm still going through it.

Though I have to admit, it just might be a little too sandbox for me.

Tetsaru
May 24, 2009, 06:44 PM
I don't know about 360 games (I refuse to buy one), but lately I've been playing Street Fighter 4 and Tom Clancy's HAWX on my PS3. Also, get Little Big Planet if you haven't already - that game's fucking awesome.

My Wii has been collecting dust lately. I'm not happy with the way Nintendo's been doing things lately, but I might check out the new Punch-Out and Klonoa games.

Also, I wanna add you to my PSN contacts! Mine's Tetsaru if you want to add me too. :3

goldbrease
May 25, 2009, 12:06 AM
if you like fallout, there going to be a new fallout game coming out this year (supposedly) called new vegas its a side story seperate from the last 4 games, which takes place in las vegas.

ow if you wish to add me, my psn is dargondarkfire