PDA

View Full Version : PSU The demo days

Aeris the techer
May 24, 2009, 06:27 PM
I was playing PSU today, and I got to thinking, "man, I wonder why I'm still playing this game" lol. It'll be two years for me in june, and I had realized that after two straight years of playing a game, well, a lot changes. So anyway, I was wondering, since it had been so long since I have played the demo, I'd give it a shot. I downloaded the demo, and made a character that resembled the one I'm currently using on PSU.

When i got to playing, I had forgotten how different the game really was in the demo, it was exactly like it was when I first joined. but that wasn't all that i found interesting. Aside from all the garbage spam on the 4th floor:rant:, I was able to notice that they still had the door closed to moatoob (lol). So, when I went to do my first run on the 4th floor, I found the overall game to be very much more difficult to play, and I liked it. Not only were the enemies pretty hard to defeat, but I no loger had the tons of cash and weapons passed down from my previous characters, so I actually had to scarf up whatever I could in the rooms, including the pathetic drops of 9 and 11 meseta. ^^;

When I found my first rare (a 7 star stelnium) I couldn't help but laugh at how the rare meter on the top left corner only went to 10 stars:D. Anyway, aside from MY experience with this game, I just wanted to point out that the demo really brought back what the game used to be like. Most of our newer players couldn't care less about how the game used to be, but perhaps others might want to check this out. I'm all for the fact that the game used to be a lot more fun, especially before the expansion. Some would say that perhaps making a new character puts some pep back in the game, but you really don't know how much fun it is until you start back with nothing. Not to mention the overall game is very easy these days. So, I'm encouraging everyone to download the demo and just play for fun, even if its for 5 minutes or 5 hours, I assure you it will be interesting, especially for those who, (like myself) have forgotten how much fun and challenging the old game really was.

Plese let me know if anyone else has tried this, I might be putting a party together just for fun on the demo, to give a little challenge to myself and some friends. If anyone wants to try, just let me know via private message.:-)

Aaricane21
May 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
I always pop into the demo now and again, just fun for some reason:)

GeekRuler
May 24, 2009, 06:35 PM
Its a nice look at our past and by god if I hear someone give another person crap for picking up terrible rares I'm going to alert the internets. They were all good at some point and remind me of when 7* and 8* come into play. Good times :D

hunterseifer
May 24, 2009, 08:27 PM
This happens to all MMO's after while, after a expansion the rarest become common and make more harder rares to achieve, and lvl caps etc. but if I wanted a real challenge, I run back even farther...PSO GC XD

Dragwind
May 25, 2009, 01:48 AM
I still play the demo every once in a while for the same nostalgic reasons.

The Overlord
May 25, 2009, 02:20 AM
if I wanted a real challenge, I run back even farther...PSO GC
Yes, yes and yes.

Draggoon
May 25, 2009, 01:39 PM
Does the Demo still work? I tried to play it today and it didn't connect.

Zorafim
May 25, 2009, 01:55 PM
Hard to call the earlier days more difficult, considering you couldn't really make up for low stats with greater skill. Really, we just had lower stats, which only made the game frustrating unless you had high percentage weapons.

Luck and stats, that's all that it came down to. I'm glad the game became as easy as it is now.

Konjiki-Kitsune
May 26, 2009, 11:22 AM
I got to playing the demo not to long ago because one of my friends was interested in the game. I redownloaded it, made a new character and ran some missions with him. When we got to the Rafon Field Base, memories just came flooding back. I remember when me and some friends when we were bored would start up Rafon Field Passes, asking for tips to make some money. The spam for Rappy Feather and De Ragan Tails just made me laugh. :P

Call is nostalgia but the demo days were fun I think. ^^;

Dark Phoenix5
May 26, 2009, 12:15 PM
DEMO SUCKS

Suzuka Miyamoto
May 27, 2009, 01:27 AM
Srly i pay 9.99 to play the real game.

Why play the demo its full of noobs, glitchers, and scamers etc.

And 987mb to hard drive? o hell no

Dark Phoenix5
May 27, 2009, 11:28 AM
HAHA!!!!

Aries2384
May 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
I'll add my two cents here. I used to hate when Sega did the demo weekend events where if you played the demo, you got a Sonic/Tails/etc etc statue on the real game. Why would I go from a game that I pay to play on, to a game that has shit for weapons, shit for techs, shit for jobs, is taking a HUGE step backwards in evolution... and generally sucks?

I dunno who came up with that raunchy idea.. but they need to retire from the gaming industry. Like..before they even started working with it.

If you want nostalgia, go play story mode or extra mode. They need to shut the demo down so people can play the real game without making a stopover at the demo and learning all these bad habits (Attempts at glitching, booting over monomates, and oh yeah, lets not forget, naked picture sales...) .

People would argue that the demo brings more people onto this game.. I could almost agree. Maybe like 100 people every six months find their way to the real game from the demo. The rest just sit on the demo declaring themselves "Leet" and never really going anywhere else in the game (which really isnt that much different from the real PSU...>.>)

At any rate, I wish they'd shut the demo down. It really doesn't do any good.

Dark Phoenix5
May 27, 2009, 08:40 PM
I'll add my two cents here. I used to hate when Sega did the demo weekend events where if you played the demo, you got a Sonic/Tails/etc etc statue on the real game. Why would I go from a game that I pay to play on, to a game that has shit for weapons, shit for techs, shit for jobs, is taking a HUGE step backwards in evolution... and generally sucks?

I dunno who came up with that raunchy idea.. but they need to retire from the gaming industry. Like..before they even started working with it.

If you want nostalgia, go play story mode or extra mode. They need to shut the demo down so people can play the real game without making a stopover at the demo and learning all these bad habits (Attempts at glitching, booting over monomates, and oh yeah, lets not forget, naked picture sales...) .

People would argue that the demo brings more people onto this game.. I could almost agree. Maybe like 100 people every six months find their way to the real game from the demo. The rest just sit on the demo declaring themselves "Leet" and never really going anywhere else in the game (which really isnt that much different from the real PSU...>.>)

At any rate, I wish they'd shut the demo down. It really doesn't do any good.

I do agree they need to shut down demo...not only its gay but it would populate the real game more which would actually help sega.So saying that, i think they should shut demo down

gratefulgriz
May 27, 2009, 09:36 PM
in the beginning my character on original PSU played something like 200 hours and reached level fourty. It was VERY hard and I had no meseta, no good items, and pretty much sucked. LadyDatura really blossomed with the release of AOTI and MAG runs last summer!

dexter_safe
May 28, 2009, 02:01 AM
i don't think shutting the demo will do anygood since not many join the real game anyways