PDA

View Full Version : PSZ wont work on my dsi

Jepp027
May 25, 2009, 09:11 PM
I was trying to load it up on my new dsi and the game just gets a black screen, it will not load, but seems to play fine on my old ds, I dont toggle it too much as I am unsure of what to do, I know its a japanese game and I didnt think it had a region. Maybe its my dsi, I got it from some website that sent it to me for free, but that same dsi loads my old ds games. The website was http://gadgets.freebiejeebies.co.uk/38369 I hope I was not sent a corrupted system. Anyone else ever heard of this on a dsi?

landman
May 26, 2009, 02:03 AM
Do you have any other Japanese game to test in your DSI? I think to remember the DSI is NOT region free

Greyman
May 26, 2009, 07:27 AM
Do you have any other Japanese game to test in your DSI? I think to remember the DSI is NOT region free

The DSi is region free like any other DS however...all the little mini games and downloadable applications such as say Phantasy Star Mini are Region locked. Normal DS games from any region will work on the DSi however dont expect to download anything from another region and have it work.

In response to the original question, I'd say it's the DSi. I'm not sure on much about the site you listed however to me it seems...dodgy, I tend to avoid sites such as it. Does it play any of your other DS game's? I'd try testing other aspects on the DSi as well, Wi-fi etc. I'm unsure on anything that would help you further but I'd say it's the DSi.

Redden
May 29, 2009, 11:23 AM
It sounds like it's your DSi. The game runs fine on my DSi. Are you running the "actual" game or are you using something like an AceCard?

Ranmo
Jun 16, 2009, 12:32 PM
So a norm DS imported card works on US DSi? Ive been getting a lot of mixed answers. :( Not at home atm to pop in Jump ultimate stars to test it.

Redden
Jun 16, 2009, 01:27 PM
Works just fine Midori-Chan

Ranmo
Jun 16, 2009, 02:11 PM
ok thanks. Didnt want to let all that money it takes to import go to waste...

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 16, 2009, 04:38 PM
it could be because it's not compatable with the online settings that the dsi already comes with. i don't have a dsi or the game psz i'm getting both soon so i will let you know what happends on mine ok but yea idk you should try messing with the online settings on your dsi it could be that....if not than it's the website and the dsi they sent you. well i would believe it's that. sorry that i'm not much help :{

xianten
Jun 26, 2009, 04:15 PM
ive seen this happen to people who use Flash Cards or counterfeit DS games.

Electrofreq
Jul 13, 2009, 05:30 PM
I just made a youtube video to tackle this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ADItHYhyFM

Meta77
Jul 13, 2009, 11:27 PM
this is not true *region issue* take the game jump ultmite. i have friends who went out and bought the new dsi. and it does not work on them cause the dsi is region blocked. some games are region free *many people dont know the difference between the two* meaning they can work on any system even from japan.

I just made a youtube video to tackle this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ADItHYhyFM

epic job on vid

Arikado
Jul 14, 2009, 06:59 AM
Gotta agree with you Meta, Electro did an awesome video, i'd be thrilled to see more PSZ videos from him, heh.

B> Character Creation/Gameplay videos. *w*

Electrofreq
Jul 18, 2009, 09:28 AM
this is not true *region issue* take the game jump ultmite. i have friends who went out and bought the new dsi. and it does not work on them cause the dsi is region blocked. some games are region free *many people dont know the difference between the two* meaning they can work on any system even from japan.

epic job on vid

Thanks!

I did kinda jumped the gun with this video as it was my first. I should have played around with different wifi options before I stated that it just wouldn't work on the DSi. I was finally able to get on with the help of the Buffalo Wifi Gamers through AOSS. I will post another video showing this as soon as I have time to film it.