PDA

View Full Version : 40 Mats down some invisible drain...

Palimak
Feb 17, 2003, 10:22 PM
I wish I would have know that there was a limit to how many items could be on the floor of Pioneer 2 at a time. I was trying to put some items from my main character over to a new char that I made for some extra inventory space. I had probably around 70 items on the floor when I noticed that my Green pile had basicaly disapeared. Now normally I could have simply restarted the game without saving and then tried again, but of course in my unending stupidity I had my new char as first player and my main was transfered into a temp slot... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Xtor
Feb 17, 2003, 10:28 PM
wow that sucks really big dic

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 17, 2003, 10:41 PM
The temp slot would have been fine if you had reset without saving.... ;3 Compound f***up! =^-^=

rena-ko
Feb 19, 2003, 07:05 AM
i caused this too recently... online (v2)...

whats the maximum number of items you can drop in the town? around 50 i'd say, isnt it?

and... i think there is a seperate limit for each area... but i'm not sure... have to try that with meseta some day... (i guess they havent changed it from v2 to v3?...)

Sunaj
Feb 19, 2003, 07:49 AM
Yeah, found this out the hard way back on version 1. Lost a lot of mats and good rares this way too, you got my condolences...

Generally it seems once there are more than you can see, it'll erase some. Think we tested it a couple times, 20, 25 is safe. 30 is fine, 40 is risking it....:/ Its a pain, but just move junk smaller numbers. you can try it with Meseta too, drop 40 worth, then pick it all up and see if you get all 40..then with 35, 30, etc...

CorneliusPower
Feb 19, 2003, 07:58 AM
I mean seriously, when you drop items, the higher number of items dropped on the floor of Pioneer 2 the slower it takes to drop items should be enough hint that you shoud start picking up items with your second character, to counter slow-down and in your case any loss of items. It would be faster anyways. I mean seriously.......??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CorneliusPower on 2003-02-19 04:59 ]</font>

Vic_Viper
Feb 19, 2003, 08:38 AM
On 2003-02-19 04:05, rena-ko wrote:
i caused this too recently... online (v2)...

whats the maximum number of items you can drop in the town? around 50 i'd say, isnt it?

and... i think there is a seperate limit for each area... but i'm not sure... have to try that with meseta some day... (i guess they havent changed it from v2 to v3?...)

Indeed, the max is 50, anywhere near you. if there is boxes nearby, they are also affected (when you open then they will be empty.)
How I did tested that:
took 60 meseta, put all down in one meseta each. Then took it back. Got 50. Then went down to forest in ULT and put again 60 down near some boxes. Got 49 meseta back and all boxes nearby were empty. Not even a mate in.
All tests made with DC JPv2 offline. Same rules appy for online games. (obviously)

SilencePSO
Feb 19, 2003, 08:44 AM
I learned this when I used to leave people meseta trails to catch up to me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif