PDA

View Full Version : Rico and Flowen in offline single-player...?

VulpesMundi
Feb 18, 2003, 01:07 AM
I was just playing offline single-player with my FOnewearl, mostly searching for spell disks in the Ultimate Ruins. I beat Falz and thought to myself, "Other than quitting is there any other way to avoid the epilogue and credits?" It dawned on me that there was. Using my Psycho Wand I cast spells until I died, and sure enough I was sent back to Pioneer 2. Then the thought occurred to me, "Would it be possible to use this little trick to see Rico or Flowen in offline single-player?" I still have to go through Episode II to try it (as I only have Red weapons, no Dark weapons), but if anyone else can beat me to the punch then feel free. I'm curious to know if this'll work.

After defeating one of the final bosses with the standard method to find one of the NPCs, just use a weapon that consumes your HP until it kills you.

Para
Feb 18, 2003, 01:11 AM
i still dont get the concept of Dark weapons... are dark weapons just weapons that have a % for dark??? because my red handgun has a dark %...

VulpesMundi
Feb 18, 2003, 01:37 AM
It's not a weapon with a Dark %, per se. The three Dark weapons were introduced in E1&2. They're a combination of Olga Flow's DNA (or whatever the correct name of that item is) and a basic sword, handgun, or cane-class weapon. The results are either Dark Flow, Dark Meteor, or Dark Bridge.

Back on the subject. I realized that Berserk weapons only work when targetting an enemy, and therefore cannot be used for the trick I mentioned. The only weapons that feasibly work are the Psycho Wand and Dark Bridge, as they consume HP to halve TP costs. Looks like only forces can try this out, unless someone has access to a cheat device and God/Equip.

Edit:
Oh, and I forgot about weapons and armor that slowly consume HP (ie. Soul Eater or Parasite Wear). Those should work as well, so technically any class can try it with the proper equipment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-17 22:41 ]</font>

kanyon
Feb 18, 2003, 01:51 AM
Actually, the Lavis Cannon Special attack takes away HP without targeting also. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tra
Feb 18, 2003, 03:56 AM
yup, you can kill yourself really easily with lavis blades

VulpesMundi
Feb 18, 2003, 04:25 AM
Well I went through Ultimate Episode II with my HUnewearl, started and finished the battle with a Red Handgun, and then proceeded equip a Soul Eater and rubber-band the analog controller to keep her running 'til she died half an hour later. I returned to Pioneer 2, promptly re-equipped my Red Handgun, and proceeded to return to where the final battle took place. Unfortunately, Flowen's spirit was not waiting there for me. So, alas, it would appear impossible to see Rico or Flowen with offline single-player. My guess is that the weapon in question must stay equipped, and there's no method to return to Pioneer 2 after defeating a final boss in offline single-player beyond committing suicide (which unequips your weapon anyway).

I imagine that you can see Rico or Flowen in offline multi-player, though I have yet to try that. Can anyone verify? Otherwise, I might make an effort to do that if/when friends are around this weekend.

Sedyne
Feb 18, 2003, 09:05 AM
On 2003-02-17 22:11, Nites wrote:
i still dont get the concept of Dark weapons... are dark weapons just weapons that have a % for dark??? because my red handgun has a dark %...

Sedyne
Feb 18, 2003, 09:06 AM
On 2003-02-17 22:11, Nites wrote:

Dark Weapons are weapons that contain the "Power of the Ancient Photons"..or aka weapons inflicted with the Olga's DNA

Tulathis
Feb 18, 2003, 09:21 AM
I've beaten multiplayer offline in Episode 1, but I have no idea what you are talking about, Vulpes. So I assume that they don't show up, unless they are hidden someplace.

Celes152
Feb 18, 2003, 12:03 PM
Actually, I don't believe Poison/Parasite Wear can take your last HP anymore. Not sure however.

Vantamiath
Feb 18, 2003, 01:07 PM
Vulpes where were you when we needed you in blazing tigers crazy theories thread? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Manny
Feb 18, 2003, 02:34 PM
I've been killed by my Parasite Wear before. ( I tested it out in Singing by the Beach)

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 18, 2003, 03:20 PM
is there anyway to see Rico/Flowen online? just the other day friend told me about seeing Rico after ULT Falz (it was horrid) i have a Red weapon if it's possible to see these souls of the fallen can someone tell me how and posibly walk me through it please? this is something i've been waiting for, for a while i sorta wanted to see Rico Up close.

Sircharlie
Feb 18, 2003, 03:52 PM
use any of the three Dark Weapons (even holding them lets it work) to see rico. use any Red weapons to see Flowen

this will only work in Offline-multiplay and Online only

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 18, 2003, 07:19 PM
ok so is it
Red for Flowen in Seabed

Dark for Rico in Ruin or other way around?
and is there a cut scene or just a extra?
i'm gonna have to train to get a Dark-type weapon

excuse me if this is off topic but in V2 DC (i stoped after V1) were there people that somehow hacked and started the whole PK wars again? even worst they could send viruses into your DC? currupt your intire MC?!?! also was there a Game Shark cheat that let you play using the body or Red Ring Terrell and even Sonic the Hedgehog?!?! if so what kinda maddness did i miss???

Celes152
Feb 18, 2003, 07:21 PM
Indeed, you could mod your sprite to be a Ninja, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. People could corrupt your characters and FSOD you at their will.

VulpesMundi
Feb 18, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-02-18 10:07, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
Vulpes where were you when we needed you in blazing tigers crazy theories thread? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Probably on vacation. =>.>=

On 2003-02-18 16:19, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
ok so is it
Red for Flowen in Seabed
Dark for Rico in Ruin or other way around?
and is there a cut scene or just a extra?
i'm gonna have to train to get a Dark-type weapon

Rico appears at Dark Falz's grave site on Episode I if someone in the team has a Dark weapon equipped when Dark Falz is defeated and keeps it equipped until after returning to the grave site.

Flowen appears at Olga Flow's disposal site on Episode II if someone in the team has a Red weapon equipped when Olga Flow is defeated and keeps it equipped until after returning to the disposal site.

The reason this happens is because their spirits react to the weapons. The Dark weapons have a piece of Flowen's DNA in them and the Red weapons all belonged to (and have been touched by) Rico.

Not much happens when their spirits appear, really. They just stand there. If you approach too close they'll disipate into energy and vanish.

TAbRi5
Feb 18, 2003, 08:48 PM
VulpesMundi what you said sounds backwards, but i guess it works... ill have to try it, but i dont have any dark weapons T__T; would something with Flowen in the name work like his shield or the non-replica Flowens sword.

ive got 1 red saber, but then with all the red weapons it spells flowen heathcliff or something... and these where used by Rico?!? so wierd! :/
im sorry it just sounds backwards... did flowen make these weapons for Rico, and if he did then his spirt and ricos are in these red weapons @_@;

BIRBY
Feb 18, 2003, 09:02 PM
I want the OLGA FLOW GENE

VulpesMundi
Feb 18, 2003, 09:18 PM
On 2003-02-18 17:48, TAbRi5 wrote:
VulpesMundi what you said sounds backwards, but i guess it works... ill have to try it, but i dont have any dark weapons T__T; would something with Flowen in the name work like his shield or the non-replica Flowens sword.

ive got 1 red saber, but then with all the red weapons it spells flowen heathcliff or something... and these where used by Rico?!? so wierd! :/
im sorry it just sounds backwards... did flowen make these weapons for Rico, and if he did then his spirt and ricos are in these red weapons @_@;

I had a feeling someone was going to bring that up. Rico used the Red weapons, which attracts Flowen's attention, and Flowen's soul is literally a part of the Dark weapons, which attracts Rico's attention. It doesn't matter that Flowen made the Red weapons. All that matters is that Rico used them. Forget logic. This is a video game. lol

And no, from what I hear none of the Flowen's items work. That could be wrong, though. I know I've never actually tried it. However, in this version of the game all the Flowen's items have been proven to be replicas. Even all the 10-star Flowen's Swords are all replicas. The real Flowen's Sword is technically the Dark Flow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-18 18:23 ]</font>

eXo
Feb 19, 2003, 03:07 AM
hmm nah vulpes the trick didnt work in offline multiplayer either,no flowen or rico I guess its for onlineonly.

VulpesMundi
Feb 19, 2003, 03:18 AM
Well spit. I was hoping to show a few friends who can't play online currently. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tra
Feb 19, 2003, 03:23 AM
nope, it works offline multiplayer^^

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 19, 2003, 05:22 PM
Hey well thanks not to be rude to all of you guys that may have suffered alot from the Game Shark users but i'm a somewhat big Sonic fan and well i think it would be cool to play as him in the game >.> though it would be weird seeing him with *insert dream weapon here* smashing up a DF in a couple hits then BSOD you Currupt you file etc etc and still be about 3 feet tall.
PS: would anyone care to help me see Rico in exchange for seeing Flowen?

Qragono
Feb 19, 2003, 06:44 PM
when you see Flowen is he in monster form or is he a human?

Para
Feb 19, 2003, 07:54 PM
what dark weapons are available in the PSO PC/DC v2 game??? can i actually see rico myself in my pc version?

Celes152
Feb 19, 2003, 08:50 PM
The Dark weapons and seeing Rico are not doable on V.2/PC.

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 12:20 AM
On 2003-02-19 15:44, Qragono wrote:
when you see Flowen is he in monster form or is he a human?

Human form. Same with Rico. Their spirits are released after their respective final boss forms are defeated.

Zolpner
Feb 20, 2003, 02:04 AM
hey heres a wacky thought, did you try to SHOOT the spirits Flowen: A dark gun (if there is one i not have game) And Rico: A Red H-gun or M-gun

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif hehe try it what could you lose?

*EDIT: removed the word "with"
*EDIT#2: OOH OHH or can you literly THROW the items if so also try THROWING the weapon at the spirits http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-02-19 23:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-02-19 23:29 ]</font>